Tutor Time Employee Reviews

tutor time in Norwalk ct
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Norwalk, CTJune 15, 2017
this center is unorganized and very unclean the pay is also very low your hours aren't consistent bugs are everywhere the state comes at least once a week and its like they still just can't get it together
Pros
Cons
all
A productive and fun place to work.
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 11, 2017
Tutor Time is a nice place to work. The benefits are nice, and the people are professional yet a nice fun loving group. My most enjoyable part of working there is everybody gets a long and the families are great. The children are great since I am able to watch them grow up, and develop into little people. I took care of them from infancy to four years old by being able to float from the infant class to the preschool classrooms. Management is professional and supportive.
Floater/preschool teacher
Teacher Assistant/preschool teacher (Current Employee) –  Highland, CAJune 11, 2017
I love it here they go out and beyond there way too make you feel appreciated and accepted . They hate you feeling out of place or anything about that. Always a positive vibe and very considerate management .
Pros
Always a positive vibe
Cons
Wished it payed more
Fun place to work.
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Matthews, NCMay 8, 2017
Teach the children your weekly lesson plan based off the curriculum, potty training the younger children. Help pass out morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack. Put children down for a nap. Circle time two times during the day. Mostly free play for the younger children for them to get use to going to school. Supervise outdoor time, summer time we have water play every Friday.
Pros
hour lunches
Cons
Cutting hours due to people having overtime, not enough teachers to cover when you are out sick or on vacation.
not paid enough
Kitchen Manager/asst. teacher (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYApril 13, 2017
this was a demanding job from caring for the children to feeding them, some days were very stressful had to have good attention to detail due to different needs
Pros
seeing children happy
Cons
pay rate, break time
Loved working here
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Cave Creek, AZApril 11, 2017
Such an amazing place to work. I even brought my son here and he learned so much in just a few short months. Everyone there loves children and takes pride in their job. If short staffed, management wont hesitate to hop in a room and help out. All staff was like family.
Great coworkers
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Stevenson Ranch, CAApril 8, 2017
A typical day at work was working part time and I was a floater. I would go from classroom to classroom giving other teachers a break. So I was trained to work with infants all the way about to 5th grade.
Productive and Interesting Workplace
Filing
Bill Pay
Answering Phones
Taking Messages
Pros
Watching the children grow and learn
Cons
Bad management
Full time/part time teacher
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Troy, NYMarch 1, 2017
Guaranteed 40 hours for full time employment, benefits and paid time off is ok, low compensation and few opportunities for raises and advancement. Great management. Friendly environment.
Pros
Flexible hours, friendly environment
Cons
Low compensation, few opportunities for advancement
No Room to move up or grow
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Saint Augustine, FLFebruary 17, 2017
Horrible pay and benefits for people who work very hard. Management leaves before staff. Does not support people who are trying to better themselves. Very little benefits to any benefits. Never had supplies but expected you to complete assignments. Most likely you'll end up spending money from your own paycheck if you care about your class and students. Never leave on time.
Pros
Weekends off
Cons
Compensation, Benefits, Schedules
Preschool Teacher
Pre-K Teacher (Former Employee) –  Agoura Hills, CAJanuary 16, 2017
Being a Preschool teacher for 5 or 6 years kids is wonderful experience. Working with 12 to 15 kids at same time different personality is fun, even the teachers get to learn a lot from this kids.
Great Place to work and have your kids
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Township of Galloway, NJJanuary 16, 2017
I loved working at Tutor time. My director was firm but fair. I was promoted for my experience and my diligence at my job. My co-workers were also my friends and the children i loved
Pros
Good Hours
Cons
Low Pay
Fun place to work. Very rewarding job.
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Peoria, AZJanuary 5, 2017
It is a fun place to work. Every Friday you get to dress up according to a theme instead of wearing a uniform. Teachers are served food when kids eat lunch so you eat for free. Breaks are always given on days you work 6+ hours.
Pros
free lunches, flexible with school schedules, lunch breaks, rewarding, training is excellent, Fun Fridays, weekends, and holidays and evenings off
Cons
low pay, hours of operation do not allow for full time for people going to school
Not much room for advancement.
Team Lead/ Teacher (Current Employee) –  St. Augustine, FLDecember 27, 2016
Hard work goes unrecognized. Long hours. Quick turnover with loss of teachers. Lots of call outs. Director is not great at what she does. Hire basically anyone, ever people with no real experience
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Very few raises. No overtime paid. Quick turnover
Best job ever.
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Deer Valley, AZNovember 7, 2016
I worked there for a short time but this is hands down the best job I have ever had. I had to leave because I was starting school full time and the schedules didn't mix well but everyone was so amazing about it and they became like a little family.
Fun workplace
Teacher's Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYOctober 18, 2016
Fun workplace I love working with children fun environment to work in I like my coworkers they are all nice to be around and hardworking I would recommend tutor time to a place to work it's such a good work environment
Great place to interact and teach kids
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Santa Clarita, CAOctober 17, 2016
Working front desk and meeting and greeting kids and their parents was great .
Got to learn and grow from coworkers .
Great place for kids to learn
Pros
Got to be around kids
Cons
To expensive
Great work place
Assistant teacher (Current Employee) –  Chandler, AZOctober 13, 2016
I love working here at Tutor time. The kids are so great to work with and the staff is amazing. We have some new staff, and a new director who is doing everything in her power to improve our center. There has been various changes lately, but they have been positive changes that make our work environment more consistent and clean.
Pros
You fall in love with the children
Cons
Rarely any overtime
Wonderful staff
Floater Teacher (Former Employee) –  Dunedin floridaSeptember 28, 2016
Taren Mann is absolutely the best director/boss to work for. She is caring and understanding and goes out of her way to ensure her staff is happy.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Gossip
Great place to help young minds develop
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZSeptember 17, 2016
Teaching young children and documenting thier progress is important and rewarding. The demands put on teachers' investment in terms of hours worked can sometimes be challenging but is worth the effort.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tutor Time. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7