Tutor Time Employee Reviews in United States

Very friendly and welcoming
ASSISTANT TEACHER (Current Employee) –  Blaine, MNJuly 5, 2016
Everyone at this job was friendly and welcoming. The managers were friendly and open to any questions you were to have. The coworkers helped out when you asked and the families were very welcoming and open about you entering their childs life.
Great Company!
Employee (Current Employee) –  Agoura Hills, CAJuly 2, 2016
I have been working at Tutor Time Child Care Learning Center full-time for ten years.

Pros
Very organized, very supportive company. Great training and resources available if they are implemented as expected, these tools can help you have a strong, educated, nurturing team. The love and support from the families are all the appreciation one needs to know you are making a difference. Great curriculum.

Cons
As a director anywhere, there is zero room for error when your dealing with a customers two most important assests: their children & their money. There is a lot demanded of you by the company, your employees, and your customers. There is a lot of paperwork and a lot of financial responsibilities which can really leave you left pulled in all directions. There are LONG hours. These are all cons of a Director position anywhere though.
Pros
Organized, supportive, nurturing
Cons
long hours, challenging customers
love the families
Infant lead teacher (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAMay 22, 2016
I enjoy working with the children and families at our center, my coworkers and I have the same passion for children so we get along just well. A typical work day consist of diaper changes, feeding and giving love and care to our children. We have had five different directors at our center and each of them have had different rule and policies for us. our current director has been a challenge for us, we have had HR and licensing at out center quit a bit in the past five months. the bright side of my job is the feeling i get when I know I have made a difference in a Childs day.
Pros
federal food program provided
Cons
not enough acknowledgment and to much discipline towards staff
Fun and enjoyable environment to work
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Baldwin, NYMay 8, 2016
I enjoy working at Tutor Time, my co-workers and directors are great and the children are amazing individuals. However I have a binding contract restricting me to speak about the Job.
Pros
Teacher appreciation, paid staff meetings
Cons
inconsistent breaks, no overtime
Good place to start, but get out as quickly as you can
Teacher (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 26, 2016
Tutor Time can be so much better than it makes itself out to be. They are a corporate company, so they are all about the almighty dollar, and not about the employees or the kids. You have to wear a company issued polo shirt and black pants every day - not ideal to be playing with the kids. The company is sneaky in making sure staff is not eligible for benefits. They will send staff home early so they barely make full time hours. The facility itself is a dump. Who knows how old the germs are that are ground in to the carpets. The place needs to be closed for a week so it can be fumigated and the carpets steam cleaned. Those who have been with the company for years are the favored, and they moan and cry to get their way - at the expense of other staff. Turnover is high, so if you're sick, they don't care. You need to work. Management is afraid to call parents if a child throws up, and they won't report if a child bites another. Pay is minimal, and if you get a higher degree or certification, you'll get a minimal raise. District manager is rude and unprofessional. She expects you to clean the carpets. Infants are always climbing on furniture and staff is blamed for it. A Tutor Time facility on Alabama closed because an infant died due to staff neglect. That right there should make you turn around and think twice about working there.
Pros
Food program is excellent
Cons
Cheap company
Rewarding working with infants
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Vestal, NYApril 25, 2016
On a typical day I plan activities for the infants to participate in and then observe them as they partake in the activities. I have learned how to grow as an infant teacher.
Its a Job
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEApril 21, 2016
Its a job. Good for college kids and or high school students. Unless you are a teacher or in management i wouldn't make a career out of it.
LOW wages + high ratios= stressed teachers!!
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Canyon Country, CAApril 18, 2016
I worked for tutor time for over 8 years and when it was a franchise, I was fairly happy but once corporate took over, it went down the toilet. Corporate only cares about making as much money as they can even if that means shuffling children around, overworking teachers, and underpaying them as well. There is no work life balance as many teachers worked overtime rather than hire more staff. The directors are so deep in management's pockets that they mistreat their employees and expect exceptional work for bottom dollar. Corporations do not have children's needs as a priority and the classrooms are extremely difficult to manage as a result. The teachers, children and parents deserve better for what the rates are. I am so happy to be out of there!
Not impressed
Lead Teacher (Former Employee) –  Laguna Niguel, CAApril 11, 2016
Management was spotty at this location and when management was there, the director definitely played favorites among the teachers. People who were not qualified to be left in charge, were because the director and themselves were friends. Long breaks and lunches were taken by employees with no consequence but other employees were written up and eventually fired because only certain employees were in the "inner circle"
head teacher
Tutor-time (Former Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYMarch 29, 2016
typical day at work is crazy. The morning room was filled with so many kids and not enough staff. Management was ok. they only care about them selves. They never wanted to deal with the parents and the problems teachers faced with their child. The teachers had to. Hardest part of the job was dealing with so many kids because we were understaffed. most enjoyable part of the day was seeing the kids and the hugs they gave us.
Pros
teaching the kids, doing lesspns plans
Cons
under staffed expect us to do so much for little pay.
The children made everyday exciting
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 18, 2016
I enjoyed worked with the kids, the front desk staff were rude and unprofessional. They were unorganized and worried about gossip and rumors.
Pros
Children
Cons
Staff
Good atmosphere and teaching small children.
Co- lead (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 11, 2016
A typical day at Tutor Time is always so unique. The morning starts off with communicating with families about their young ones. Building relationship with both the parents and kids is my favorite part. This company has taught me how important early childhood education is. The management is great. Always there to help and problem solve with difficult things we come across in the classrooms. My co-workers are wonderful. There are some I don't love working with just because this job calls for you to be cleaning, teaching, and watching the children 100% of the time and sometimes the men/women don't do that. The hardest part of my job is keeping up with corporate. The rules and requirements they put on the teachers sometimes feels impossible. I enjoy the most is working with the kids. Teaching them everyday and watching them grow!
Pros
kids
Cons
salary
not good
Lead Infant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Okemos, MIFebruary 5, 2016
this company says one thing and does another. never puts you in the room that you are hired in for, expect WAY too much for the lack of pay they give you.
Productive & open communication with children & parents
Head Teacher (Current Employee) –  New Hyde Park, NYFebruary 3, 2016
A typical day in my classroom, the children participate in many different types of large and small group activities that are executed to enhance each of their "smarts". The children work on reciting and recognizing the alphabet, shapes, colors, numbers, weather and calendar. I also conduct hands-on experiments and teach basic Spanish and sign language skills. Through my experience, I have enjoyed interacting with the children and their families as well as seeing the children grow and develop into lifetime learners.
Pros
Forming a bond with the children and parents, gaining an experience I will utulize for a future position.
Cons
Long hours & hourly rate
Tutor time
Assistant Teacher (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJanuary 31, 2016
It is a good place to work that allows you to work with great children. The staff is very friendly and always there to help you out with questions.
Do not work here!!!!!!!
Head Teacher (Former Employee) –  Milford, CTJanuary 18, 2016
Working at Tutor time children wise had to be one of the best experiences of my life. But Tutor time I would not recommend to an adult or friend of mine. Their management team is very unprofessional. If you don't basically kiss butt you aren't going to last to long in that job. Job is basically they use you till you have nothing left then they replace you. So if you want a job for about 6 months to a year tutor time is definitely the home for you. Don't get me wrong the staff is great. But if you can't deal with gossiping bosses and unfairness don't bother.
Pros
Children, Child care setting
Cons
makes you take longer breaks then needed, never out on scheduled time, no stability, no structure.
Tutor Time
teacher assistant (Former Employee) –  Phoenix AZJanuary 17, 2016
I was hired as a toddler teacher/assistant for minimum wage. Very little training was given to me. The first week I was left with 20 toddlers on my own. No breaks to speak of of, as you are left to change diapers on all the little ones, plus keep an eye on them while do activities. I had sick kids and requested the front desk let their parents know, as these kids were miserable. This is the year a terrible respiratory virus was going around. Parents didn't show up on time to get their kids. The front desk/shuttle driver requested I pick up one little girl and hold her because her mother was there to collect her. As if I had been holding her all day! Just very disorganized. They had a nice play house area for the kids, but we never took them in that large room to play in it. Don't know why? The kids were only let outside to play on the gym equipment for 30 minutes or less. I wouldn't have taken my kid there.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
No breaks, not enough staff, low pay./
Head Teacher
Head Teacher (Current Employee) –  Milford, CTJanuary 14, 2016
Day at work is very busy from start to finish. No time allotted for required work away from children. Management picks favorites, and picks and chooses what rules apply to who and when. Not compensated for supplies bought and are not readily supplied with necessary supplies. I work with a few amazing people.
Pros
Having a job.
Cons
Job politics.
Great working environment
Assistant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Melville, NYNovember 18, 2015
The children were always fun to be around and always interested in what the teachers had planned for the day. The staff was also very easy to work with and were always taking suggestions on how to make the children's learning experiences more enjoyable.
Not the greatest
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Champlin, MNNovember 16, 2015
If you're scheduled until 3:00 P.M. it doesn't matter - you could stay up to thirty minutes later than your scheduled time off until management or someone else steps in for you.
Basically, even if management is available they won't step in for you to leave right away...But, then they shudder at the idea of over time (as if it's your fault).

PTO is available but it has to be accumulated over time with about 4 hours earned per 40 hour work week. And it doesn't carry over. There's no sick or vacation time; just PTO.

Paid Holidays are rounded by average hours, or some way I never understood. So you'll never get a full 8 hours, somewhere around 7.4 hours sounds right.

Management is generally unprofessional with some smart comments about you wanting a day off; they're also very nosy on why you want a requested day off....Sometimes you're denied the day off regardless of an over two week notice request.

Art supplies are rarely bought, and typically it's the same mediums used: markers, crayons and paint.

High expectations, low pay. Apparently having education matters, but to new hires it doesn't.

All in all, if you're desperate and love kids; go for it!
Pros
Free lunch, the kids, co workers, paid holiday, long breaks
Cons
pay, management, expectations, scheduling, no vacation or sick time, few art supplies, lots of paperwork

2.6