Tutor Time Employee Reviews

Productive fun place to work at
Assistant Teacher/Floater (Former Employee) –  Saddle River, NJNovember 21, 2017
I learned a lot working here at tutor time my co workers were amazing they would teach me every step of the way on how to improve myself. The parents were amazing and very kind hearted
Pros
Free lunch
Great team environment
Director (Current Employee) –  FloridaNovember 9, 2017
What i Love best about Tutor Time is the great team we have. It’s great to be part of a culture that puts families and children first and foremost! It’s a great place to work!
Theres no such thing as team work
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLNovember 2, 2017
Few people I worked with I liked. There was lots of shady people though especially management. They would cater to others and treat the rest like absolute trash .A lot of the teachers had bad attitudes and would be very petty and then management would also be very petty at times.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Attitude, lack of team work, petty management
Great place
Teacher Assistant (Current Employee) –  Shelton, CTNovember 1, 2017
I love this place their is a lot support system. They are sweet and the children are great. Management is great even my coworkers it is not like the place I work for they had no support system and management sucked. Tutor time management is great where I a. At.
Cons
Fun place to work with kids
Center Director (Current Employee) –  Walled Lake, MIOctober 26, 2017
Enrolled families, hired teachers, trained teachers, followed licensing and state guidelines, taught children curriculum, served breakfast, lunch and snacks
Wish I Could Say Better Things
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILOctober 10, 2017
I worked with this company for a few years and while the school itself is impressive, management is not. There is no real communication between management and none of them really know what is going on. Teachers are forced to come in even when sick because they never have subs or can never figure out how to rework the schedule. I
loved loved loved it
Head Infant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Torrance, CASeptember 26, 2017
I had the pleasure to work in torrance when it first opened and I loved it. the staff was very professional and parents was so sweet with the trust of their youn tones.
I had freedom to work on my classroom as need, met with parents, staff meetings and training was awesome..I loved working there.
Friendly atmosphere and fun people.
Teacher Leader (Former Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MISeptember 19, 2017
Writing lesson plans, Training new employees, Parent meeting, Bus driving, cleaning of classroom, keeping daily and Monthly child achievements and goals.
Pros
Friendly kids
Cons
Pay and management
Fun workplace shady management.
Teacher assistant (Current Employee) –  Milford, CTSeptember 15, 2017
It is never the job for when people want to leave. It is management for making poor unfair decisions. What goes for one goes for all. Can't pick with who or when you want to follow rules and regulations with.
Pros
Working with babies
Cons
Unstable hours
Making a Difference
Lead Teacher & Driver (Former Employee) –  Agoura Hills, CAAugust 26, 2017
Upbeat environment never allows for boredom. Fast paced but FUN. You leave with a sense of accomplishment knowing you've made a difference. COworkers become lifelong friends, the children become family, and even management is the right blend of stern but friendly. If you utilize the resources it's easier to stay organized and manage time.
Pros
fun, smiling kids, accomplishment, advancement opportunities, Overtime pay
Cons
VERY BUSY enviroment- not for lazy people
Fun to work. Loving atmosphere, great staff, helpful staff.
Assitant Teacher (Former Employee) –  Woodland Hills, CAAugust 15, 2017
My first job and what a place to start my career in this awarding field. Learned a lot with the expert teachers there. They encourage further education for teachers.
Pros
Help ful environment, flexible working hours.
stay away
Nutritional Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAAugust 7, 2017
this place works you to death, the director is a crazy lunatic. The teachers are always stressed out. Not good for the children. They charge the parents too much money for teachers who are not experienced in child care or teaching. The children learn nothing. And the parents steal food from the kitchen. The teachers get paid squat and have to come in on their own time without pay to get mandatory assignments complete. In the kitchen, there are not enough utinsiles and cooking items to do the job. I had been told to improvise.
Tutoring and Child Development
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Highland, CAAugust 4, 2017
Awesome staff that works with the students, parents and teachers to reach the best goals for the individual child and their growth.
Creates an inviting and nurturing environment allowing for focus and comfort and development.
Love the director and the staff
Teacher/ Sub- Teacher (Current Employee) –  White Bear Lake, MNAugust 3, 2017
I really enjoyed working here. Hours are decent as well as pay. There is a lot of chance to work with kids of various different ages and abilities. This is a very rewarding job. Staff is great at working together and is very friendly. Director always wants to make sure each member is taken care of and is heard with each concern or suggestion.
Poor Workplace
Food Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJuly 20, 2017
The center was very unorganized. Although my coworkers and I got along great, we were collective in our disdain for management. I was hired and accepted the offer because it was under my impression I was going to be doing a different job than the one I ended up doing. There was a lot of pressure on me to take over the kitchen but I wasn't ready to handle a workload of that size in the time they wanted it all completed. I also felt that the amount of work I was doing deserved a higher pay than I had. Communication was very poor between management and staff and I ended up quitting due to the high stress and anxiety that the position and the workplace environment was giving me.
Cons
Mismanagement, poor workplace communication
Such a Wonderful Place
ASSISTANT TEACHER/FLOATER (Former Employee) –  Colleyville, TXJuly 20, 2017
Very warming and welcoming, great teacher/student and parent relationships. everyone is treated as family and the company goes out of their way to show appreciation to their teachers.
Long time employee
Lead -Training Teacher (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZJuly 19, 2017
This is a great place to work all the staff work together as a team. The center is fun and safe for the children. Their are a lot of kids so you will always bee busy busy busy
complicated place to work.
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 12, 2017
typical work day is ok, it get real difficult in the evenings. there is a lot of switching which get complicated, for me as a a teacher because it throws off you routine and plans of what you are doing.
Nice place
Assistant Toddler Teacher (Former Employee) –  Vestal, NYJuly 2, 2017
The people who work there are very "clique-y" if you get in with them your good but if you don't your basically on your own. The children are very sweet.
Tutor Time Review
Lead Teacher (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana, CAJune 21, 2017
Tutortime often has very committed teachers. But the stress of the job taking care of too many little ones and having sick kids stay at school too often with serios illnesses!! It causes the teachers to become tired , over worked and sick all the time. Directors dont trust the teachers judgements and experience. And only care about how much the center makes. So they dont tell the parents how sick their kids are or the other parents how contagious the kids really are. Its really hard to be happy working for this company.
Pros
Nice commited teachers.
Cons
Shorted on breaks and lunches, .and too many sick kids!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tutor Time. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8