Tutor Employee Reviews

Great for extra income and flexibility of working from home or remotely.
Tutor (Current Employee) –  RemoteJuly 18, 2016
I began working for Tutor.com in July of 2016 after I left my teaching position with the Tyler ISD due to health concerns. The job offers me the ability to continue in the education field while working from home. Summertime hours are very limited and the availability of hours during a "normal" work day are also. However, during the regular school year there are far more hours available at better times to work. The stress level is incredibly low. The resources and tools provided by the company are excellent. The pay is not great, but it is certainly not terrible. This job is perfect for me at this point in time because of the fact that my health is not the best, and my ability to travel to work and work a "typical" job is limited. I would recommend Tutor.com to anyone looking to supplement their income while working from home.
Great Place to Work
English Essay Tutor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 4, 2016
I love working with Tutor.com because it gives me the flexibility I need in my schedule and allows me to work from home in my chosen field.

The only down side is that I wish I could work more hours.
Pros
Flexibility, positive management
Cons
Not enough hours
This is a great company to work for in turoring
Tutor and Mentor (Current Employee) –  OnlineFebruary 20, 2016
The company keeps its tutors updated immediately to all changes in their policy. It offers tutoring all throughout the day and night to meet different time zones.
Pros
working with students
Cons
salary
Not good
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 19, 2016
Extremely unorganized, had a lot of issues with implementing, confusing, the vision didnt match with the execution of the company.
Productive Work
Private Tutor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 5, 2016
Elementary students are being tutored weekly. Getting help on their homework or with any other subject. Most students were being helped with their homework or review sheet for their test.
Fantastic place to work
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Wantagh, NYOctober 3, 2015
Self created business, in which I tutor part time. I have tutored over 25 different people in the past 3 years and enjoy every minute of it.
Pros
Flexible houts
Cons
Long travel
Tutor
Private Tutor (Current Employee) –  Davis, CAJuly 28, 2015
The students were well disciplined and very smart. Co-workers were kind and worked hard. Typical day would be to go to the school and meet with your assigned student and tutor them in whatever subject he/she needed help with for that day.
Pros
Extremely kind and smart children
Cons
Little Loud with other children around
fun place to work at
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJuly 15, 2015
Always opportunities to travel and meet new people. Great management, and the most enjoyable part of the job is we help out the community to take advantage of what's out there for their kids' education.
work from home
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 14, 2015
this job was a great job that I would refer any one to if the company was still open friendly managers and co workers customers were polite as well
Pros
remote work
Cons
seasonal
Great place
Development Trainer (Current Employee) –  Houston TxMay 28, 2015
I enjoyed working at tutoring services and I recommend anyone to apply. The employer is knowledgeable and well manner individual that always aim to please their clients and/or employees.
Pros
Great
Cons
non

Want to know more about Tutor?

Ask a question
After school tutorials
Student Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jackson, MSDecember 27, 2014
Administering tutorials for after school children to increase each child's learning skills; therefore, no child left behind. The job was easy and meaningful to help someone in need.
The hardest part of the job was locating some of the addresses.

Mainly focused on schools that were under a level 3-4 school level,
our job as a teacher specialist we tutored on computers in the home.

Each child receive a mini laptop if their scores were proficient or had increased dramatically.

The job was temporary for 6 months.
Pros
helping children
Cons
job employment was limited
Very versatile company with great opportunities
Team Lead/Tutor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 30, 2014
We work with a lot of children and I really enjoy it, kids are so fun and full of life. To be able to help a child gives my life purpose. We are role models for them and it feels good to hear them tell us all the dreams they have when they grow up because they are the future. Every day we learn something new and I love that about life. The most enjoyable part of my job is meeting a child that is so curious and is like a sponge wanting to know everything and is respectful. I love my job!
Pros
travel, good pay
Cons
wrong addresses
fun workplace
San Antonio Rep/Administrative (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 22, 2014
Community outreach through program marketing, enroll students in the program, liaison between program and school site.
Pros
face to face conversations with paretns and students.
I tutored privately reading and math skills to students individually.
Self employed (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDJune 9, 2014
I tutored privately reading and math skills to students individually.
Pros
watching their skills improve.
Cons
not so much
A good place to work.
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Lewisburg, PAMay 2, 2014
Helping students pass GED examinations is satisfying. I enjoy working with people at Tutoring Services.
Helping our youth with Reading tools to help them progress
Field Educational Representative (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXMarch 20, 2014
A typical day at work would be gathering information on those students needing to home visit and help them with their progress. What I learned was that every student had their own learning methods or style, but it was inspiring to witness their progress after every home visit. Management were somewhat absent in our needs throughout the program, but tried to provide us some guidance when students were available or not for a home visit by a field educational representative. My co-workers were somewhat understanding or freely able to give some responses on past experiences in the field. The hardest part of the job was when trying to get a student to respond to your calls and scheduling of a visit when having drove to their home. The most enjoyable part of the job was when you felt that you had a productive hour with the student during your visit.
Pros
the feeling of being helpful towards achieving their goals.
Cons
when students were not responsive to visits or calls.
Productive and a very nice staff to work with.
Academic Coach (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 4, 2014
This was my first work at home job. I enjoyed calling the students to remind them to log into their systems and tutor. The company supplied the phones, netbooks for the students to do their tutoring. Even though I live in Chicago, the company was in Texas. The supervisory staff was very nice and helpful if you ran into any problems. Most of the students spoke another language but, could understand me when I called . The language was mainly Spanish but, most of the students were bilingual.
Pros
direct deposit
Cons
healthcare
Favorite Job
Student Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXJanuary 3, 2014
This job was awesome. I enrolled students into our program, tutored in math and reading, encouraged them, and activated learning tools.
Pros
teaching students
Cons
temporary
I have a wide variety of skills and abilities which I feel would benefit any company.
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Newtown, CTJanuary 2, 2014
I look forward to dealing with people and problem solving. I am completely comfortable interacting with people of all backgrounds. I do have a very low tolerance for boredom, so I like to keep busy.
Pros
challenges, advancement opportunities, love to teach.
Cons
boredom, excessive down time
Great experience
Program memer/tutor (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WINovember 13, 2013
As a library assistant I learned how to take responsibilities and serve my school library to help students.

4.2