Tutor Employee Reviews

Private Chef (Former Employee) –  Beverly Hills, CAAugust 10, 2017
You need a thick skin to work for this family, I was hired to make food for their two little twin boys which actually turned into 10 to 11 hour days. They require 6 different options for each meal, all fresh made day of absolutely nothing can be used from the day before. The husband is highly critical and his wife is hard to please, occasionally I would make the Mrs. breakfast and lunch.. They did want me to stay longer and work a 12 hour day so that I could make them dinner but I will not work more then 10 hours a day on a regular basis. They hired me for 3 weeks, which turned into 3 months.
Pros
Always paid on time, Nice co-workers (the 5 Nanny's) Nutritionally sound meals.
Cons
Long hours, need a thick skin.
Flexible and offers a growing experience for all involved!
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Bedford, TXJune 10, 2017
Learning how to make lesson plans is a good first step for aspiring teachers. Pay is as good as young adults can expect. The job offers both teacher and student the opportunity to learn and grow.
Tutoring Services
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 22, 2017
This little tutoring firm holds a special place in my heart. All the tutors who work here are extremely intelligent and likable people. Management is great and really cares about its employees.
Rewarding experience to work with students
Writing Consultant (Former Employee) –  SUNY New PaltzApril 30, 2017
Being a Writing Consultant was a very rewarding experience. I thoroughly enjoyed working with students to help them achieve their goals and watching them succeed. I found the hours to be a welcome challenge to balance with my own school work, and feel that the experience furthered my time management abilities.
Tutor children
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Richmond, CAApril 12, 2017
help Children complete homework.
Helping them better themselves, and understand their ability to strengthen.
Helped them with organization and comfortability.
Fun working environment with near instant results
Independent Tutor (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 29, 2017
Being a tutor is a fun job that is almost completely self-managed. You have to have a certain understanding of what your students needs are and be able to make a curriculum based on just that. The most enjoyable part of the job is being able to sit down and see that my students are understanding things they didn't before, and seeing those little lightbulbs turn on when they get something.
Pros
Manage own schedule, develop own methods, you're practically your own boss
Cons
Can't make a stable living on just doing this
Wonderful online tutoring resource
Chegg Mathematics Tutor (Current Employee) –  onlineJanuary 16, 2017
A wonderful place to tutor students. The flexible hours allow me to log in and help students at my convenience. The various tools such as an online lesson space with a white board and phone conferencing help the communication between tutor and student.
tutoring basics
In Home Math & English Tutor (Former Employee) –  New Castle, DEJanuary 3, 2017
middle school and elementary age students
help with homework
help with subjects that they are having issues in
English and Math are the major subjects that i helped with
I work at homes.
Family Educator (Former Employee) –  抚顺市October 25, 2016
I learned empathy from my students who have similar ages to me. I realized that I still got a lot to improve even though I worked in the field which I was good at. Even Though I was a English tutor teaching language, the primary task I need to do is to know about the students' personality well. I noticed the importance of communication during the time I was teaching. I enjoy students earning skills both in what they learned about language and developed a good study habit。
Pros
flexible working time
Cons
nothing
Fun working environment
America Reads Tutor (Former Employee) –  Provo, UTSeptember 27, 2016
I loved this job. I was around kids all day. I was able to help the teacher out in any way possible. I would take students out of the class and help them one on one. I tested kids and helped with assignments. I also volunteered to help with the after school homework club. This job was really rewarding because I really felt like I was helping the kids succeed. The hard part of the job was having certain students not want to do what you tell them too. Some would start crying and others would just sit at their desk and do nothing. But when you are able to discipline the kids appropriately they learn to respect you more and take you more seriously.
Best online tutoring experience
Level 1 Tutor (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 25, 2016
I've had a stellar experience working for Tutor.com. I started in college, and loved the flexible hours - I could just sign on any time and "float," waiting for a match with students. The Classroom interface is superb: simple enough for students to easily understand and adapt to, but complex enough to allow for ease of use no matter what mathematical topic we discuss. You can create graphs instantly, draw any number of shapes with the available tools, and if one whiteboard fills up you can create another with the click of a button (up to 12 max). Additionally, Tutor.com's "prescripted messages" are very well thought out, and have saved me hundreds of sentences of typing :)
Pros
100% flexible hours, reasonable pay
Cons
Can be hard to get hours sometimes
Great for extra income and flexibility of working from home or remotely.
Tutor (Current Employee) –  RemoteJuly 18, 2016
I began working for Tutor.com in July of 2016 after I left my teaching position with the Tyler ISD due to health concerns. The job offers me the ability to continue in the education field while working from home. Summertime hours are very limited and the availability of hours during a "normal" work day are also. However, during the regular school year there are far more hours available at better times to work. The stress level is incredibly low. The resources and tools provided by the company are excellent. The pay is not great, but it is certainly not terrible. This job is perfect for me at this point in time because of the fact that my health is not the best, and my ability to travel to work and work a "typical" job is limited. I would recommend Tutor.com to anyone looking to supplement their income while working from home.
Great Place to Work
English Essay Tutor (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJune 4, 2016
I love working with Tutor.com because it gives me the flexibility I need in my schedule and allows me to work from home in my chosen field.

The only down side is that I wish I could work more hours.
Pros
Flexibility, positive management
Cons
Not enough hours
This is a great company to work for in turoring
Tutor and Mentor (Current Employee) –  OnlineFebruary 20, 2016
The company keeps its tutors updated immediately to all changes in their policy. It offers tutoring all throughout the day and night to meet different time zones.
Pros
working with students
Cons
salary
Not good
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 19, 2016
Extremely unorganized, had a lot of issues with implementing, confusing, the vision didnt match with the execution of the company.
Productive Work
Private Tutor (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 5, 2016
Elementary students are being tutored weekly. Getting help on their homework or with any other subject. Most students were being helped with their homework or review sheet for their test.
Fantastic place to work
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Wantagh, NYOctober 3, 2015
Self created business, in which I tutor part time. I have tutored over 25 different people in the past 3 years and enjoy every minute of it.
Pros
Flexible houts
Cons
Long travel
Tutor
Private Tutor (Current Employee) –  Davis, CAJuly 28, 2015
The students were well disciplined and very smart. Co-workers were kind and worked hard. Typical day would be to go to the school and meet with your assigned student and tutor them in whatever subject he/she needed help with for that day.
Pros
Extremely kind and smart children
Cons
Little Loud with other children around
fun place to work at
Area Manager (Former Employee) –  Laredo, TXJuly 15, 2015
Always opportunities to travel and meet new people. Great management, and the most enjoyable part of the job is we help out the community to take advantage of what's out there for their kids' education.
work from home
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJuly 14, 2015
this job was a great job that I would refer any one to if the company was still open friendly managers and co workers customers were polite as well
Pros
remote work
Cons
seasonal