Richmond/San Pablo/El Sobrante
Academic Coaches (Tutors) wanted for after-school Tutoring Program.
Bilingual applicants are strongly encouraged to apply!
These are fun part-time seasonal positions that allow you to make a difference in the education of school kids in your community. If you have some time in the mid to late afternoon, Monday through Friday, we want to hear from you!
ACADEMIC COACH (TUTOR) JOB DESCRIPTION
The Academic Coach is a very important TutorWorks team member. In addition to tutoring, the Academic Coach's Responsibilities include:
1. Helping students to log on and complete the curriculum.
2. Communicating with parents, teachers, and principals on a regular basis.
3. Providing encouragement and reinforcement while managing student activities.
4. Explaining academic concepts to students.
5. Motivating students based on directions from the Program Manager.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR ACADEMIC COACHES
1. You must have one of the following:
- One year of ELA, math, and or Science (this requirement can be satisfied by previous experience as a tutor, provider of programming or instruction to youth, substitute or youth teaching, or experience as a paraprofessional or instructional aide). –OR–
- Must have obtained an associates degree or higher degree. –OR–
- Two years of study at an institution of higher learning.
2. Experience working with elementary school students and computers a plus.
3. Bilingual applicants strongly preferred (at a minimum, the ability to understand and to make one's self understood to all Spanish and English speaking individuals).
4. All employees must obtain fingerprint and TB clearance.
5. All employees must provide college/university transcripts.
6. The most important qualification is a willingness to play a positive role in a child’s learning.
HOURS/PLACE OF SERVICES
Academic Coaches work approximately 5 to 15+ hours/week.
Our programs are part of a school's after-school program. Typically, programs run from approximately 2:15pm to 5:15pm daily (M-F). The schedule varies with that of the hours of the after-school program.
Usually the Programs take place on school campuses and sometimes other community locations.
Academic Coach (California): $12.00/hr. Bonus for Certification (paid at end of school year).