Please apply for the following positions (after-school tutoring):
Academic Coaches (Tutors)
- Bilingual applicants are strongly encouraged to apply!
- These are fun part-time seasonal positions that allow you to make a difference for school kids in your community. If you have some time in the mid to late afternoon, Monday through Friday, we want to hear from you!
TutorWorks is a supplemental educational services provider that delivers high quality and engaging academic programming for elementary and middle school students. The TutorWorks program focuses on literacy and mathematics using computer-aided curricula and an incentive-based approach. The State of California awarded TutorWorks a designation as a specialty provider for English language learners and special education students. Only 5% of certified tutoring companies earned this honor. Join our highly successful program and be a part of a team that delivers engaging academic experiences to youth!
ACADEMIC COACH (TUTOR) JOB DESCRIPTION
The Academic Coach is a very important TutorWorks team member. In addition to tutoring, the Academic Coach's Responsibilities include:
1. Helping students to log on and complete the curriculum.
2. Communicating with parents, teachers, and principals on a regular basis.
3. Providing encouragement and reinforcement while managing student activities.
4. Explaining academic concepts to students.
5. Motivating students based on directions from the Program Manager.
PROGRAM MANAGER JOB DESCRIPTION
The Program Manager is critical to the success of the TutorWorks program. The Program Manager directs the daily TutorWorks sessions. In addition to all duties of the Academic Coach, the Program Manager is also responsible for:
1. Managing the logistics of the TutorWorks program including lab set up and shut down.
2. Managing and presenting neat and detailed binders that include attendance records, contact
information, and other confidential information about our students.
3. Contacting parents to communicate student performance and participation.
4. Carrying out incentive plans and providing positive reinforcement for participants.
5. Entering contact information and managing student records online.
6. Supervising Academic Coaches by monitoring and providing constructive feedback.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR PROGRAM MANAGERS & ACADEMIC COACHES
1. You must have one of the following:
- One year of ELA, math, and or Science (this requirement can be satisfied by previous experience as a tutor, provider of programming or instruction to youth, substitute or youth teaching, or experience as a paraprofessional or instructional aide). –OR–
- Must have obtained an associate’s degree or higher degree. –OR–
- Two years of study at an institution of higher learning.
2. Experience working with elementary school students and computers a plus.
3. Bilingual applicants strongly preferred (at a minimum, the ability to understand and to make one's self
understood to all Spanish and English speaking individuals).
4. All employees must obtain fingerprint and TB clearance.
5. All employees must provide college/university transcripts.
6. The most important qualification is a willingness to play a positive role in a child’s learning.
HOURS/PLACE OF SERVICES
Academic Coaches, and Program Managers work approximately 5 to 15+ hours/week. Teacher Mentors work approximately 2+ hours/week.
Our programs are part of a school's after-school program. Typically, programs run from approximately 2:15pm to 5:15pm daily (M-F). The schedule varies with that of the hours of the after-school program.
Usually the Programs take place on school campuses and sometimes other community locations.
Academic Coach (California): $12.00/hr.
Program Manager (California): $14.00/hr.
Program Managers also receive bonuses as a lump sum at the end of the school year for completing the entire program successfully.
HOW TO APPLY
1. Please email your resume.
2. Put the words, "Academic Coach" or “Program Manager “ in the subject line of
the email. (If you are interested in more than one of the positions, list all that you are interested in.)
3. Also put the name of the city or cities in the subject line of the email. For example “Academic Coach – Richmond”.
4. Be sure that your resume has your correct contact information (phone/cell/email address etc.).
Tutors $12/hr**, Program Managers $14/hr***