Teacher Mentors wanted for after-school Tutoring Program.
Bilingual applicants are strongly encouraged to apply!
These are fun part-time seasonal positions that allow you to make a difference in the education of school kids in your community. If you have some time in the mid to late afternoon, Monday through Friday, we want to hear from you!
TEACHER MENTOR JOB DESCRIPTION
The Teacher Mentor is a critical TutorWorks team member. The Teacher Mentor works directly with students and provides academic direction and support to the Academic Coaches (Tutors). The Teacher Mentor observes the interactions between the Academic Coaches and students and offers direct feedback on teaching techniques to the Academic Coaches. The Teacher Mentor models good teaching techniques during the sessions.
QUALIFICATIONS FOR TEACHER MENTORS
This position requires no preparation on the part of the Teacher Mentor for the tutoring sessions.
1. A valid California teaching credential is required.
2. Experience working with young adults in a mentoring capacity is a plus.
3. The position requires that the Teacher Mentor will commit to attending 2 hours/week.
4. All employees must obtain fingerprint and TB clearance.
5. All Teacher Mentors must provide a copy of current California teaching credential.
6. The most important qualification is a willingness to play a positive role in a child’s learning.
HOURS/PLACE OF SERVICES
Teacher Mentors work approximately 2 - 12 hours/week (varies by site)
Our programs are part of a school's after-school program. Typically, programs run from approximately 2:15pm to 5:15pm daily (M-F). The schedule varies with that of the hours of the after-school program.
Usually the Programs take place on school campuses and sometimes other community locations.
Teacher Mentor (California): $35.00/hr.