TW Telecom Employee Reviews in United States

NOC environment always something new to learn
IP Network Technician II, NOC (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COFebruary 4, 2016
I have worked for tw telecom, former Time Warner telecom for about 14 years. I've grown as a technician, and have been able to expand my knowledge in different areas of telecommunications.

We were recently acquired by Level 3 Communications, two years later i am still trying to adjust to the changes.

I enjoy working with my teammates, but management is always changing and it is challenging to establish a good working relationship with them.

Transitioning from a smaller company into a global one has changed the working environment in a negative way in my view.
Pros
stable work schedule, salary and benefits
Cons
stress and management relationships
Great Company, Benefits and Culture, Low pay
Account Executive II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 14, 2016
The company was great to work for. It treated its employees well adn had a great office culture. The benefits were also great. The one lacking area was the base salaries were significantly lower for similar positions at competing companies,
A good company to work for
Employee (Former Employee) –  USAJanuary 26, 2016
tw telecom was a great place to work. It was like working with family, in a good way. When other telecom companies were laying-off they went out of their way to keep everyone. Then the company was bought out and we lost a lot of talent.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Bought out
No drug testing which is fantastic!
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOJanuary 1, 2016
Management needs training in all areas of harassment especially with age discrimination. No possibilities of advancement because they hire from outside the company.
Great place to work, very strong team, great customer services, dynamic company.
Director of Operations & Engineering (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 15, 2015
Very good executive leadership, CEO had great grasp of what it was like in the field and stayed very close to employees. Communication was very good.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Great environment and great coworkers that truly supported one another
Account Executive II (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXAugust 17, 2015
The day to day sharing of information about products and the ability to present the products' applications to the end user was openly shared amongst the various departments and it helped all to be more successful.
Pros
An industry leader with great top-down leadership
Cons
It was hard to "disconnect" and the work-life balance was tough
Very focused in telecom
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, CODecember 19, 2015
Currently bought by Level 3.

Very focused work.

Not a lot of room for advancement.

Flexible working hours.

Learned very technical work.
Good stable jobs, good pay and benifits.
Switch MNA III / Lead Tech (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, co then Minnetonka, MNSeptember 25, 2015
Was a great place to work. People were good to work with, Management cared about the workers, they tried to make it a good place and understood how stressful the jobs were.
Pros
Stable jobs, good pay and benefits.
Cons
Stressful
Weekly Review
Account Manager- Outside Sales (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSJune 2, 2015
There isn't a typical day at work.

Everyday brings new challenges. My work week is set up to reflect my top 20 prospects and a hand full of others in process of working, meeting in different stages of the sales cycle. Creating proposals.

The other portion of my week is to make sure that I have daily prospecting activities to generate new revenue. Calls, e-mails, door knocks, lunches etc. geared towards bringing in new business.
Leading company in the Telecom Industry
SR OSP Engineer (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAJune 15, 2015
* Daily efforts were challenging and rewarding
* Engineering and Management
* Co-Workers were professional and continually worked as team to bring projects in on time to meet customer demands
* Emergency Network restoration
* Upper management cooperation
Pros
All Benefits & Travel support
Cons
Job Security
Great Industry
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXApril 28, 2015
I highly recommend this place management was enthusiastic always very motivating. Training was pretty good once you pass your test. Until then your basically reading a book about the industry and studying for your test. Once the actual job starts the job is great the quotas are not realistic whats so ever but if you keep your funnel full and keep out of the office cold calling and meeting clients you will hit your quotas if not this job is not for you.
Productive and Task oriented work place
Provisioning Network Analyst (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOJune 16, 2015
Great place to work. People in the office are friendly and knowledgeable and you can learn a lot. I wish they had a place for me where I relocated in TX.
Pros
Break room and coffe
Excellent company
Senior System Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver CoJuly 12, 2015
The work life balance at tw telecom then later Level3 communications is nothing short of excellent. The leadership is innovative and has great forsight.
Hard work and good people
Sales Operations Support Analyst (Current Employee) –  Lone Tree, CODecember 30, 2014
Good place to work in telecom if you enjoy that kind of work. People work hard but are all in good spirits and nice people. The culture is laid back and that seems to do well for productivity. They do fun things like ice cream socials and dressing up for the Broncos or the World Cup or other events like that that i enjoyed participating in
Pros
laid back dress code
Cons
distance of the commute
Intermedia Communications Workplace
Sr. Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Inland Empire, CAApril 17, 2015
Management team was supportive. Co-workers were a cohesive team. Telecommunting and remote office was the most enjoyable part of the job since local office was located in Los Angeles, CA.
Good place to work.
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WADecember 15, 2014
tw telecom, now Level3 is a good place to work. The management seem to care for each individual. The sales director does not micro manage and gives the sales person room for growth and supplies them with all resources to become successful.

Co works seem to care.
Hardest part of the job is with every sles position....rejection from prospects.
Pros
compensation, management style
Cons
not sure what it will be like at level3
Understaffed and over-worked
SENIOR OSP ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  FRisco, TXNovember 5, 2014
I enjoyed working with my team mates and the overall compensation and benefits. Being on-call 24/7 as the operational splicing and restoration SME took its toll on my personal life and health making the job not worth it. Management came up with unrealistic solutions that did little to help balance the work load.
Pros
company vehicle, good health benefits and bonuses
Cons
constant interruptions to sleep/wake cycle
Outside Sales
Account Executive II (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 10, 2015
This company was great to work for before they got acquired. The women CEO was amazing and the culture was better than I have ever experienced at a company.
Pros
Work remote
Cons
Got acquired
Innovative Company with employee friendly corporate culture
Account Executive II (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TNJune 4, 2014
Current role entails the marketing and selling tw Telecom's technology services by identifying companies and prospects that fit the types of services we offer. Hardest part of the job is getting qualified set appointments and the easiest is once we do we get the opportunity to enable and help companies run more efficiently.
Pros
commissions, personal job satisfaction, solving business problems
Cons
lack of brand awareness, lack of fiber network
Product Training
Account Executive II (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYFebruary 27, 2015
There is a lot of product training available. Multiple on line sources as well as weekly trainings in the local office. More time should be spent on order process though.