TW Telecom Employee Reviews

Senior Credit Analyst (Former Employee) –  Littleton, COJanuary 26, 2018
Acquired by Level 3, then by Century Link. Executive management more concerned with golden parachutes than growing the company in an environment where stagnation leads to acquisition.
Pros
Acquired by Level 3, then by Century Link
Cons
Acquired by Level 3, then by Century Link
bad managment
Network Technician II (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYJanuary 23, 2018
at one time TW Telecom was a great place to work. then, due to politics in the workplace, a bad individual was put into the position of Operations manager. from there it was all downhill.
Pros
good pay and hours
Cons
bad manager
Was a nice company
Customer Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Centennial, CODecember 4, 2017
I thought it was a nice company. There was a lack of training and I didn't understand how to do my job. It paid well but there was a lack of leadership.
No consistancy in management
Account Executive II (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLOctober 23, 2017
Too many different managers. It was a revolving door.
Not to mention, they could not keep a technical person on staff.
So, I ended up playing even more roles than expected.
Pros
some flexibillity
Cons
Too managers and no real direction
Company is gone
Sales Engineer/Senior Network Application Engineer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 26, 2017
Level 3 acquired TWTC and destroyed a wonderful company. The dream joy of 18 years all gone in 2 years. I would have retired from TWTC it was as close to the perfect job as I will ever have.
Pros
out standing company
Cons
it no longer exist
Stay focused
Major Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCAugust 23, 2017
In communications sales, it's always the same culture. As I listed with iTAC, it's the same with this company. You need to find your own customers and support them.
Pros
financially rewarding
Cons
lost sales
Productive opportunities in difficult environment
Senior Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNJuly 19, 2017
Productive opportunities in difficult environment. Competitive internal environment with large number of sales executives. Good management team focused on growth.
Comfortable workplace with competitive wages
Service Delivery Offnet Specialist (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOJune 29, 2017
Xspedius/TW Telecom was a great place to work. There was always something new to learn. I also made many lifelong friends while employed there. I would recommend this company to anyone looking for a job in the telecommunications field.
Pros
Competitive wages
Cons
No overtime
Good company
OSP Engineering Project Manger (Former Employee) –  Florence, SCMarch 24, 2017
This was a good company to work for. TW Telecom was acquired be Level 3. Once acquired things changed. Monthly bonuses were cut out and people started.
Great company to work for. Best Management and Engineers I ever had
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 20, 2017
Amazing company to work with. Management here was incredible. They did everything to make any person in any position the best they could be. I have so much respect for the top Executives is this company for their dignity, vision, compassion and dedication they cultivated in everyone. A Fantastic work environment. I will only work for a company with these same values; for I have seen the successes of these values. I, myself strive on these values and promote them to my peers.
Fun place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 7, 2016
Enjoyed my time with tw telecom. The people were friendly and focused on the goal of making sure the customers were always happy. Had a great team of technicians to help get me through the day.
Pros
Enjoyed working with the office personal
Cons
Long drive to Los Angeles
Tw telecom
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  Minnetonka, MNSeptember 8, 2016
Overall just a great little niche company. Great customer service. Network a little patchy but we had the ability to grow it. The merger was due to a hostile threat from larger carriers, Level3 was best fit. The whole business will be better someday.
TW Telecom was my family for 15 years
Central Office Engineer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 20, 2016
I grew up learning telecommunications with TW telecom. I learned everything from Provisioning, to upper management working with this company.
Pros
Best job ever
Cons
They were bought ou
Great Company, Benefits and Culture, Low pay
Account Executive II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 14, 2016
The company was great to work for. It treated its employees well adn had a great office culture. The benefits were also great. The one lacking area was the base salaries were significantly lower for similar positions at competing companies,
NOC environment always something new to learn
IP Network Technician II, NOC (Current Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COFebruary 4, 2016
I have worked for tw telecom, former Time Warner telecom for about 14 years. I've grown as a technician, and have been able to expand my knowledge in different areas of telecommunications.

We were recently acquired by Level 3 Communications, two years later i am still trying to adjust to the changes.

I enjoy working with my teammates, but management is always changing and it is challenging to establish a good working relationship with them.

Transitioning from a smaller company into a global one has changed the working environment in a negative way in my view.
Pros
stable work schedule, salary and benefits
Cons
stress and management relationships
A good company to work for
Employee (Former Employee) –  USAJanuary 26, 2016
tw telecom was a great place to work. It was like working with family, in a good way. When other telecom companies were laying-off they went out of their way to keep everyone. Then the company was bought out and we lost a lot of talent.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere
Cons
Bought out
No drug testing which is fantastic!
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  O'Fallon, MOJanuary 1, 2016
Management needs training in all areas of harassment especially with age discrimination. No possibilities of advancement because they hire from outside the company.
Very focused in telecom
Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Lone Tree, CODecember 19, 2015
Currently bought by Level 3.

Very focused work.

Not a lot of room for advancement.

Flexible working hours.

Learned very technical work.
Great place to work, very strong team, great customer services, dynamic company.
Director of Operations & Engineering (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 15, 2015
Very good executive leadership, CEO had great grasp of what it was like in the field and stayed very close to employees. Communication was very good.
Pros
Great work enviroment
Good stable jobs, good pay and benifits.
Switch MNA III / Lead Tech (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, co then Minnetonka, MNSeptember 25, 2015
Was a great place to work. People were good to work with, Management cared about the workers, they tried to make it a good place and understood how stressful the jobs were.
Pros
Stable jobs, good pay and benefits.
Cons
Stressful

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TW Telecom. Our community is ready to answer.