Tween Brands Employee Reviews in United States

Great foundation
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Glen Burnie, MDApril 4, 2016
Tween Brands was my first Job. I started off as a Sales Associate, then was promoted to Supervisor, and then promoted again to Assistant Manager. This was a great foundation to the work field. I enjoy going to work every day. I am looking to get out of retail so that I may better myself and learn more.
Pros
Employee discounts, and advancement opportunities
Cons
On your feet all day
Ever Changing
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 11, 2016
There is a strong desire to ensure a work life balance, but it is not always executed. I can honestly say that I LOVE working with the customers! There is something highly rewarding about making a growing young lady feel positive about herself (clientele ages are 5-13). I have grown leaps and bounds as both a manager and a leader, by using the tools provided, and not being afraid to reach out to peers.
Rewarding and VERY beneficial!
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIOctober 16, 2015
It was truly a privilege to work for Tween Brands.
A typical day at work consisted of a variety of things depending on where you were sectioned to work, whether it be at the cash register or out on the floor, sometimes both in one day. I often greeted customers followed by an open-ended question. I also spent a great amount of time hanging, folding, and back-stocking merchandise. Working at Justice I gained many friends as well as lifelong skills that will benefit me for school and my future career. I discovered a lot about myself as a person and as an employee while working at Justice. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to help customers with whatever they needed because it made me happy. My co-workers were some of the nicest people I had ever met in my life, and they all made my experience there very comforting. I would recommend this job to anyone.
Justice
Lead Brand Rep - Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  MASeptember 21, 2015
" Lead by example " was what we were always told at Justice. Unfortunately when that doesn't start at the top the job becomes harder than necessary. When your team is close and everyone works together to better themselves and each other per company standards it is a pleasant work environment, when that is lacking it becomes less than ideal. The pay was also low compared to other stores with similar management positions available. The customers were mixed good and bad. We had our loyal customers who were awesome and we had our share of bad customers who would try and steal which would distract us from helping people who needed it just like any retail store.
Pros
great customers, great girls to work with
Cons
training wasnt done per company standard which lead to weak employees
this company has WAY too many test sales.
Lead Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  Lees Summit, MOAugust 28, 2013
The most enjoyable part of my job is making customers happy! Especially because our clothing is for young girls & being apart of building a great self esteem for them is extremely rewarding. The hardest part of my job constantly changing marketing throughout store due to over done test sales. Which also leads to upset customers.Customers get very angry when they spend so much to earn coupons that they find they can never use because the company decides to run test sales too often & overlapping the time that the coupons are valid.
Overall the company is fun & has advancement options but does not offer any benefits to part time management. Not even after years of service.
Pros
very fun. my store manager is amazing!
Cons
no pt benefits, crazy hours
Productive and fun workplace
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 12, 2014
A typical day at work would be maintaining store standards, straightening, re-merchandising, putting out new merchandise, maintaining the sales goals for that day, building sales for customers, building relationships with the customers. I learned a lot of leadership skills, selling skills, schedule management, and time management, I am an assistant manager on a management team with three other women who work together to maintain everything needed in the store. The toughest part of the job would have to be loss prevention, and dealing with the shop lifters and learning the techniques to identify and prevent theft. The most enjoyable part would definitely have to be the relationships I get to build with the customers, and getting to help them build outfits and make their shopping experience a memorable one.
Pros
benefits, positive atmosphere.
Cons
unstable hours, late hours.
Great company to work for- but depends on your manager
Pricing Coordinator Analyst (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHJanuary 29, 2013
Tween Brands has great benefits, fun laid back, casual atmosphere. I would would have loved to have stayed but due to management conflicts, I decided to leave. I felt training was not sufficient to my job and my manager was very introverted and not personable. So it made it hard to approach them.

The other coworkers in my area I miss most. They are a lot of fun and great to talk to. The company does treat the employees well and had lots of events throughout the year to participate in.
Pros
fun, laid back place to work. they treat their employees well.
Cons
training and management (depending on your manger)
good environment
Manager (Former Employee) –  Capitola, CAJanuary 10, 2015
greeting customers,asking for coupons,keeping track of sales,organizing,shipment.

a good first job,also managements opportunities.

co workers are awesome! enjoy the team i have

hardest part of the job :grumpy customers .

most enjoyable part were not just a team were family, and we work well together.
Pros
benefits for management, good first job.
Cons
low pay, no discounts, cannot use coupons.
Productive and a fun work place.
Justice Tween Brands (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILJanuary 9, 2016
I got there, they gave me a task, I did as followed, and the most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers.The hardest part of the job was trying to find people to cover my shift.
Pros
had snacks, and really good people.
Productive workplace
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WISeptember 1, 2015
It was difficult to set up the job paperwork due to the program online that you have to go through when signing said paperwork, I learned how to properly interact with customers and families, Management was fantastic and very accommodating, but the coworkers tended to be catty. My favorite part of the job was being a cashier, and dressing the mannequins that were put on display.
Pros
Friendly management
Cons
Low pay, long workdays
Associate
Associate (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJOctober 20, 2015
It's a chill place to work. It's not too stressful, unless it's one of those busy weekends or holiday season. Management is all understanding and works with you.
Assistant Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJuly 9, 2012
Tween Brands was a great place to work. I worked full time and went to school full time and it was never a problem, I managed the time well and Tween Brands was very flexible with my schedule. I worked with some of the best people so I was very fortunate. It is a place that requires a lot of hard work and dedication, but it is well worth it.
Pros
very flexible, good benefits, fun environment
Cons
minimal pay
Love it!
Store Sales Leader (Current Employee) –  PennsylvaniaSeptember 30, 2015
such a positive work environment! Everyone is very motivating. This would be a wonderful first start as an associate or if you're getting into management!
Pros
Flexible hours, motivational, positive
Good Experience, But...
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Annapolis, MDNovember 11, 2015
The managers were not organized and did not keep the schedule updated. Many hours were cut down for workers, causing my coworkers and I to seek multiple jobs.
Pros
Good beginners retail experience
Cons
Unorganized
Love my Job!!
Store Sales Lead/Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Kokomo, INJuly 20, 2013
Love meeting new people every day and making sure our customers leaving feeling good about themselves and their choices. I have a great team and enjoy going to work.
The hardest part of my job is making each customer leave happy even when they are rude and unpleasant.
Pros
great team, great pay, healthcare and benefits
Cons
crazy work schedule
Fun Workplace
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Palatine, ILApril 23, 2014
A very fun, vibrant atmosphere to be in. No room for advancement. Compensation is not worth the workload and dedication entailed for a management position.
Fun workplace
Lead Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  Bayamon, Puerto RicoJune 12, 2014
I loved working here. I had the best experiences of my life with customers. Great management and great relationships with co-workers
Pros
great benefits, fun and good environment
Cons
short breaks
Extremelly fast paced environment, but with flexible hours.
Brand Representative (Former Employee) –  phoenix, azFebruary 21, 2014
Although compensation and benefits was not the best available in the market, working at Justice provided me with the experience of an extremely fast paced environment, but provided me with flexible hours.
Fun environment and great co-workers
Brand Representative (Current Employee) –  Glendale, AZSeptember 29, 2015
Justice is a very upbeat, sociable and fun workplace. It allows for getting to personally know customers and build relationships with them that will keep them coming back because it's an honest and genuine company.
Overall a great place to work
Assistant Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILSeptember 23, 2013
Loved my co-workers! Excellent benefits. The best part of the job was helping tween girls find clothes that made them feel good and build their confidence.
Pros
benefits, pay, and pto