Twentieth Century Fox Employee Reviews

Poor Management
Senior Digital Asset Manager (Consultant) (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 19, 2017
Poor Management and communication. Poor culture and Job Security. Not a place you can see yourself in the future. Typical corporate environment with no room to grow.
Great Studio
Assistant to Vice President, Production (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAFebruary 11, 2017
My first real job in entertainment was a great way to launch my career in feature film development and production. Invaluable experience and mentorship.
Experience varies by division
Director Legal & Business Affairs (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 2, 2016
My overall experience in the department I worked in was good. I loved the President and he adapted well to the changing media environment.
My immediate supervisor was a nice person, but exhibited some gender bias towards males.

I heard that other departments were miserable.
Can be a great place depending on the division
Manager, Marketing (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 2, 2016
People are either incredibly happy or really unhappy depending on the division and their management. Work life balance varies according to your department.

Studio life definitely has its perks! Great food for a good price on the lot, gym, free screenings, fun holiday party etc.
Pros
Great studio perks
Cons
The studio is going through big changes right now so there are a lot of unknowns.
Forward thinking and Lean
Associate Director (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CASeptember 8, 2015
Confident and forward thinking team not afraid to take chances. Leadership understands the market and has invested heavily in the company's infrastructure to help employees get through their day-to-day.

It's always fun to stroll through the lot and see a few familiar faces.

Very open door mentallity and highly recommended if you are looking for an educational and supportive environment
Pros
Fun Studio, Good work/life balance, Confident management and team
Cons
Lacks career advancement opportunity, lower salary
The most fun, and the best people in one job
Carpenter Helper (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 21, 2016
Twentieth century fox is the most fun job I have ever had. The crew worked so hard, but had so much fun accomplishing such an overwhelmingly large set! Joe Mac what up
Pros
People, enviornment, hours, food
Cons
Sore from awesome hours
Great employees. Management very poor. No advancement.
Fox Media Services (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 9, 2015
There are a lot of really dedicated and talented employees in my area. There is a no overtime policy, which in itself is understandable in today's marketplace. However, management takes advantage of this by giving workers considerably more work than could ever be completed without overtime. As a result, employees clock out at what should be the end of their shift, then work several more hours to complete tasks on their own time. No one says anything, because, as you are reminded often, there is a line of people waiting to take our job if you don't complete the work. There is no upward mobility. Management hires outside the company for their openings, and often train new hires in a job they have never done instead of promoting an current employee who has already been doing the job.

The lot is a nice place to work. There are many choices for food so you don't need to go off-lot for lunch. You meet a lot of nice people and work on top notch films.
Pros
Good people and fun projects to work on
Cons
Poor management. No advancement.
Don't work here
Editor (Former Employee) –  Bld 101 picoApril 16, 2016
Worked here for 15 years and was told no more shifts were available no loyalty and management has no idea how work flow is done..
Fun people, great benefits, not so great pay
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Century CityJuly 7, 2015
Do not compensate well, you need to work long hours not only to carry the workload for other employees that are careless/lazy/unqualified, but also you need the overtime because you get paid so little. They way they go about things makes no sense, they work their employees to the bone. Positive is that they are always open to new and fresh ideas regardless of your position.
Pros
Carefree work environment, great benefits!
Cons
lousy pay
Great culture, Fun Work
Category Manager (Current Employee) –  MinnesotaApril 29, 2014
The work is fun and very analytically oriented, with strong system and process support. Laidback managerial culture, not too competitive at employee level, and good work/life balance....but the flipside is that it seems only those who can talk prevail, hard work is valued but not held up as a virtue, and while there is job security, there isn't quick advancement.
Great Place to Learn
Trademark Specialist (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 5, 2014
I worked here as a trademark specialist (international trademarks) as I had the bar in Canada, but was studying for the California Bar, which i passed first try. Fox was a great learning place for heavy duty trademark intensive practice. Nice people, great benefits.
As they had no budget for additional legal counsel at the time, I left the company and started my own practice.
Pros
Great learing environement
Cons
No real opportunity for advancement for me
Safe job, very secure and easy.
Customer service, data entry, answering phones (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 9, 2013
A typical day at work is interesting. I have learned a great deal fom this job, mostly how the real world works. Manangement is firm but fair, any request is taken into consideration. My co-workers were all fun, responsible young adults. The hardest part of the job was went it was slow and we had to wait for work to come in. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with all those interesting people.
Pros
hour long lunch, free movie screenings.
Cons
too far, not a flexible schedule.
An Internship that will never be forgotten!
Summer intern (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJune 11, 2012
I was the intern in the Production Services Department at Fox. I helped out with everything!! I did lots of administrative stuff, but also got to go on the back lot and the sets with the VP of Production services and the Stage Managers.

My coworkers were amazing people, in fact lots of them are my good friends now.
Pros
treated very well, nice people, great experience
Cons
no pay
Close knit cooperative work environment
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Century City, CAMarch 10, 2015
Have enjoyed working here 15 years. We work closely together and have each others back.

I enjoy the challegens of our daily job and look forward to the curve balls.

Fox is a great place to work
Professional and Creative Environment
PROMOTIONS MANAGER (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJanuary 14, 2013
As a movie lover, this was a very exciting and creative job, where you had to develop strategic media partners campaigns for their products.
We all work as a team to maximize efforts.
Pros
free movie