Twin Cities Orthopedics

Twin Cities Orthopedics Employer Reviews

Always room to grow
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee), Coon Rapids, MNSeptember 30, 2014
Growing company with lots of potential to grow. Busy enviroment, wide variety of patients and diagnosis.
understaffed
RN (Former Employee), Edina, MNMay 28, 2014
Pros: once a wek free lunches
Cons: no breaks on busy days, under staffed leading to safety isssues
Very busy outpatient surgery center. Exhausting work due to chronic understaffing. Very poor work/home balance. Good pay and benefits.
Front desk ladys are Awesome
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee), WaconiaMarch 31, 2014
The most enjoyable part of this job is the patients.
In every job you learn new things, I enjoy the difference in daily learning, meeting new people from all areas.
Very fun work place, enjoyed working with coworkers and doctor's
Medical Secretary (Former Employee), Edina, MNFebruary 9, 2014
Pros: patient's, physician's, work luncheons, career advancement, ability to get high quality orthopedic care for yourself and immediate family
Cons: office gossip, office politics, back stabbing employees, long wait times for patient's, and no recognition for outstanding service or accomplishment's from boss or fellow coworkers
I worked for Orthopedic Medicine & Surgery before it merged with other offices and became what is known as TCO. I was a medical secretary for Dr. Anseth and it was a very good experience. I learned a lot about various medical procedures, surgeries, direct admits to the hospital, prior authorizations for inpatient stays, referrals, and working directly – more... with someone who could be very intimidating, but also very nice and caring, as all the doctors were.
We were a very small group, so office gossip was maximum, especially within the secretaries who had been there for 20+ years, compared to us young people just coming into the job. I never participated in it, so it never affected me, although Dr. Anseth's current secretary was horrible to work with, I never let her get to me.
The patients were the best people you could ask for, and eventually I worked with all of the physician's on staff at OMS. Getting to know each one's way of working and their various "quirks" was a challenge, but once I got to know each one, I considered all of them friendly and knew who I could joke with and who I couldn't.
I would say my experience working there was an 8 out of 10, even with office politics, gossip, personal lives vs. work lives, working overtime when everyone else would leave, not getting recognized for some accomplishments, and people sticking knives in your back to cover their own butts.
I weighed the good with the bad, even staying there when I had a chance to move up to a manager level of a department at a different location, I decided to stay because of the physician's and patient's.
I wish anyone pursuing a job with TCO the best. If you work there, take the good with the bad, don't get involved with office gossip, treat the physician's with 110% respect, including the patient's and you will have a long rewarding career. – less
Internship opportunity
Physical Therapist Assistant Intern (Former Employee), Edina, MNJuly 2, 2013
I was able to do my internship with this company/facility. It was a great learning experience for a fast paced out-patient clinic. The atmosphere is inviting and overall very professional with clients/patients coming first.
Fast Pace Office
Front Desk Scheduler (Former Employee), Edina, MNJune 3, 2013
Pros: busy office, time flew by. meeting all types of patients.
Cons: customer complaints about waiting too long for doctors.
Very fast pace office. Doctors scheduled appointments every 10 minutes. The hardest part of the job was the customer complaints about waiting too long for doctors.
Great company with a small town atmosphere
Casting Technician/MA/ Medical Records (Former Employee), Otsego, MNAugust 14, 2012
I enjoyed working with everyone at Twin Cities Orthopedics. The Doctors were amazing and everybody was very helpful. Co- workers were easy to get along with and my manager was very easy to talk to.
Great company
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee), Maple Grove, MNAugust 6, 2012
Pros: they have a lot of lunch meetings...free food
Cons: gossip
The co-workers are very team orianted.
Management cares for you on a personal level, you are not just some number.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the patients.