Twin Cities Orthopedics Employee Reviews

staff member (Former Employee) –  Stillwater, MNApril 13, 2017
Twin Cities Orthopaedics was a great place to work with very friendly staff and supervisors/management. Very flexible with scheduling and paid time off requests.
No control over length of work day
Operating room RN (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNApril 2, 2017
Poorly managed. Frequently missing items that should have been pre-arranged. Long work hours in the operating room-they set no limits to how long the day gets scheduled out. Management leaves staff and expects them to stay late to finish up the schedule. Staff are burned out over staying late daily. Operate short staffed daily.
Pros
Provide one free lunch per week
Cons
Poor management
Official response from Twin Cities Orthopedics
May 11, 2017

Thank you for your review and feedback. We appreciate it. Please contact Human Resources if you'd like to speak with someone regarding your concerns. We look forward to hearing from you. Thanks again!

Great team perspective
Site Leader (Current Employee) –  Plymouth, MNNovember 1, 2016
I feel like I am family and appreciated. There are resources available for you as a team or an individual and understanding and competent directors that are supportive
Productive and Supportive Orthopedic PT Practice
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNAugust 22, 2016
This company is a physician-owned orthopedics practice. Physical therapy is one branch within the company; other branches include orthopedic surgery, orthopedic urgent care, occupational therapy, athletic training, personal training, and others. As a private-practice, this company allows individual clinicians to carry out physical therapy practice in a manner which the clinician chooses. Additionally, this company provides clinicians with sufficient time to work with patients, without oppressive efficiency standards.
This company also provides competitive salary, good benefits, an annual continuing education allowance, and employs comprehensive and hard-working support staff, such as IT and coding specialists.
Pros
Those listed above
Cons
Employees don't qualify for federal loan forgiveness
Found TCO to be a good organization for certain people dependent on who you worked for
Credentialing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Golden Valley, MN 55422June 14, 2016
I learned a lot about credentialing. Renewed PT/PTA licenses, physician licenses, DEA licenses, created check requests for membership dues and Physician/Allied Staff hospital dues and mailed out payment. Most of the co-workers were very nice.Hardest part of job was not having sufficient training when supervisor was out for half of the time I was there due to illness.
Pros
The ability to learn credentialing
Cons
Not being able to acquire sufficient training; inability to communicate with supervisor when needed
Awesome work place with great people!
Clinical Assistant/Medical Scribe (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNApril 26, 2016
TCO was truly a great experience for me! I made lifelong connections and learned so much! Although some days were long I am grateful for the opportunity I had to work there. There was a great team environment and everyone shared similar goals which made work enjoyable.
Otsego ICAMRL Accredited MRI Technologist (Current Employee) –  Otsego, MNFebruary 15, 2016
I have loved working for Twin Cities Orthopedics for 16+ years. It's been a good place to grow my career and my knowledge. I would love to continue working there, but my job was eliminated. I would apply back in a heartbeat if another job was available.
Great people and great structure
Physical Therapy Technician (Current Employee) –  Edina, MNMay 12, 2015
Go rounds to make sure each room is prepped and equipped with the necessary. Shadow physical therapist whenever I decide, Work on my work journals. Work on work projects. Assist Physical therapists if needed. Set patients up on ice compression. Clean organize gym.
I've learnt everything there is to learn about orthopedic physical therapy. A skill I can do now for sure with my eyes closed is the ice compression machine.
Great manager, very friendly and always answers questions when asked. The rest of the co-workers are overall very welcoming. Very friendly environment of which everyone has formed a really close bond.
Hardest part of the job is getting there and the repetitive nature.
Best part is interacting with the patients and getting to know their stories and learning from it.
Pros
getting to see therapy sessions, free lunches
Cons
no pay.
PATIENT FINANCIAL SERVICES (Current Employee) –  Golden Valley, MNMarch 2, 2015
I love working a TCO! I work with a lot of nice people that all know a lot about medical billing so I learn something new often. It is very fast paced and plenty to do so the days go by fast.
great place to work-
director of clinic operations (Former Employee) –  burnsville, mnFebruary 24, 2015
Great management, great staff and great MD's,

I enjoyed working at TCO and was proud to be involved in the growth in the marketplace
Pros
great people
Cons
organization restructure eliminated positions
Productive and fun workplace with friendly atmosphere
Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNOctober 6, 2014
I worked as a care coordinator at Twin Cities Orthopedics in Edina, MN. A typical work day for me consisted of patient phone calls, messages to the physician and/or physician's assistant, scheduling surgery and imaging appointments, prior authorization and pre-certification for services, copying and distributing medical records as needed, and rooming patients in clinic. A favorite part about my job was working with the patients and my co-workers. It was fun to see a patient back in the clinic for a follow up after an injection or a surgery and telling me that they felt so much better. My co-workers kept my job fun and we all worked very well as a team, helping out when needed. A challenging aspect of my job was getting duties done while in clinic assisting the physician and the physician's assistant. Challenging aspects of your job make your job more interesting and creates little goals to achieve each work day. This in turn makes you feel rewarded at the end of each day for completing your goals. Management was very good. Always assisting and supportive when needed.
Pros
Challenging work pace, great co-workers and patients
Cons
Health insurance benefits
Always room to grow
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNSeptember 30, 2014
Growing company with lots of potential to grow. Busy enviroment, wide variety of patients and diagnosis.
understaffed
RN (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNMay 28, 2014
Very busy outpatient surgery center. Exhausting work due to chronic understaffing. Very poor work/home balance. Good pay and benefits.
Pros
once a wek free lunches
Cons
no breaks on busy days, under staffed leading to safety isssues
Front desk ladys are Awesome
Clinical Assistant (Current Employee) –  WaconiaMarch 31, 2014
The most enjoyable part of this job is the patients.
In every job you learn new things, I enjoy the difference in daily learning, meeting new people from all areas.
Very fun work place, enjoyed working with coworkers and doctor's
Medical Secretary (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNFebruary 9, 2014
I worked for Orthopedic Medicine & Surgery before it merged with other offices and became what is known as TCO. I was a medical secretary for Dr. Anseth and it was a very good experience. I learned a lot about various medical procedures, surgeries, direct admits to the hospital, prior authorizations for inpatient stays, referrals, and working directly with someone who could be very intimidating, but also very nice and caring, as all the doctors were.
We were a very small group, so office gossip was maximum, especially within the secretaries who had been there for 20+ years, compared to us young people just coming into the job. I never participated in it, so it never affected me, although Dr. Anseth's current secretary was horrible to work with, I never let her get to me.
The patients were the best people you could ask for, and eventually I worked with all of the physician's on staff at OMS. Getting to know each one's way of working and their various "quirks" was a challenge, but once I got to know each one, I considered all of them friendly and knew who I could joke with and who I couldn't.
I would say my experience working there was an 8 out of 10, even with office politics, gossip, personal lives vs. work lives, working overtime when everyone else would leave, not getting recognized for some accomplishments, and people sticking knives in your back to cover their own butts.
I weighed the good with the bad, even staying there when I had a chance to move up to a manager level of a department at a different location, I decided to stay because of the physician's and patient's.
  more...
I wish anyone pursuing a job with TCO the best. If you work there, take the good with the bad, don't get involved with office gossip, treat the physician's with 110% respect, including the patient's and you will have a long rewarding career.
Pros
Patient's, Physician's, work luncheons, career advancement, ability to get high quality orthopedic care for yourself and immediate family
Cons
Office gossip, office politics, back stabbing employees, long wait times for patient's, and no recognition for outstanding service or accomplishment's from boss or fellow coworkers
Internship opportunity
Physical Therapist Assistant Intern (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNJuly 2, 2013
I was able to do my internship with this company/facility. It was a great learning experience for a fast paced out-patient clinic. The atmosphere is inviting and overall very professional with clients/patients coming first.
Fast Pace Office
Front Desk Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Edina, MNJune 3, 2013
Very fast pace office. Doctors scheduled appointments every 10 minutes. The hardest part of the job was the customer complaints about waiting too long for doctors.
Pros
Busy office, time flew by. Meeting all types of patients.
Cons
customer complaints about waiting too long for doctors.
Great company with a small town atmosphere
Casting Technician/MA/ Medical Records (Former Employee) –  Otsego, MNAugust 14, 2012
I enjoyed working with everyone at Twin Cities Orthopedics. The Doctors were amazing and everybody was very helpful. Co- workers were easy to get along with and my manager was very easy to talk to.
Great company
Receptionist/Secretary (Former Employee) –  Maple Grove, MNAugust 6, 2012
The co-workers are very team orianted.
Management cares for you on a personal level, you are not just some number.
The most enjoyable part of my job was the patients.
Pros
they have a lot of lunch meetings...free food
Cons
gossip

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Twin Cities Orthopedics. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2