Twin City Security Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Bad Scheduling, Good Hours
Merchant Guard (Current Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 20, 2017
The dispatch that schedules is not always on point and messes up frequently. Great hours with decent pay makes it worth it. Various job locations make for a new experience alot of the time.
Work is amazing
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  ColoradoSeptember 15, 2017
Management is extensively trained and courteous and provide officers with good training and allow for fast advancement, will gladly work for this company again in the future.
Worked over 9 years, including every weekend and every holiday, with only 2 raises
Kansas City (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSSeptember 12, 2017
I enjoyed working with my clients employees. They were all very hard working individuals. I sometimes disliked treating good people like common thieves. Although there is always the few that make it bad for everyone else.
Cons
Pay was not fair for years or experience, and loyalty to company
Teamwork
Sercurity Guard (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALSeptember 6, 2017
I enjoy working at twin city , I learned alot about team work and how to punctual with time . Patrolling the areas.It was easy to talk with staff there whenever there were a problem.The hardiest ort of the jobs is getting use to the long hours.
low pay and doesnt care about their guards
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 16, 2017
this place will only pay you 9.50 an hour and put you in really dangerous situations.

if you ask for a day off you are talked bad about and will give you schedules that dont fit with your availability and if you bring this up they will just say work it or leave.
Pros
steady work
Cons
low pay, no raises, overworked
Pay more money to emlpoyees
Security Site Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Opelika, AL 36801July 22, 2017
If Twin City Security would pay more money the wouldn't be a bad company to work for. And pay for holidays and vacation to. If you have a child and if a child have surgery you could get paid sick leave time to.
Pros
You can call in if need be, request off days, and get paid on time
Cons
No paid vacations, No paid holidays and no paid sick leave
i have enjoyed working for them and with them
Security Officier (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALJuly 11, 2017
At twin city security it's a laid back job whereby I get to converse with many different people five days a week; it has been a blessing to be a servant
Pros
None of that they provide Security
Cons
They offer health care to fulltime emploee
The Worst Place to Work!
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Eutaw, ALJuly 10, 2017
This job is absolutely terrible. You work 12 hours a day for a 8.75 pay. The supervisor steals hours that you've worked and put it on her check. No time clock so you can't really argue about whether or not you worked the hours. I worked a lot of overtime and did not get paid for it. Its laid back, nothing to do really.
Pros
You can sleep on the job like everybody else.
Cons
Supervisor and pay!
productive
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 23, 2017
Strong Attention to Detail & Safety; Gate Check-In Experience
Great Communication Skills in Working with the Public
Work Habits – Good Attendance, Eagerness to Learn, Work well with Team Members conducted weekly sanitation checks; conducted daily inventory checks and documented any discrepancies; set up weekly work areas; kept accurate logs and audit sheets.
armed and unarmed security officer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COFebruary 1, 2017
was a nice work environment and people were great had a large turn over from a staffing company but management was awesome and helpful had great benifets
fun and friendly place to work
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIJanuary 28, 2017
I love the company they help me with my career to where I am now I started with no experience and couldn't get a job and they gave me a chance to do security trained me
Pros
nice and friendly people at different sites
Cons
not enough OT
Enjoyable job but
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALDecember 5, 2016
I was not fond of this company due to the last minute mandatory changes in hours/shifts. I enjoyed my job and the people I worked with just wasn't happy with the demand for us to work other shifts when I applied for a particular shift.
Unprofessional & unfair
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WIOctober 25, 2016
I've been here almost a year and new guards are making 9 while the old guards and lead guards at 8.50 if you not on their good side they choose were to put you have bad attitude and treat you like garbage they don't care about you or you life long as there happy it's all about them.
Pros
Non
Cons
Non
No pay increase ability.
UNARMED SECURITY GUARD (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALAugust 31, 2016
My typical day was a 12 hour shift. With no roving vehicle available and no compensation for private vehicle use.

I learned how to use diplomacy and tact when dealing with irate truck drivers and visitors.

Management: Ongoing turnovers in management with many responsibilities, long and odd hours, pay was not commiserate with duties.

Co-workers: Pleasant and enjoyable to work with.

Hardest Part of Job: Staying awake after 10 hours.

Most enjoyable: Interacting with co-workers and the diversity of personalities that visited the rest area.
Pros
Pleasant enviorment
Cons
Long hours with low pay
Opportunity for overtime but not enough management staff
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 3, 2016
The work is not difficult. Spent most of the time walking around at night. Once a month you might get into a dangerous situation.

I don't think I learned anything important

Management is usually nice if guards have been doing their jobs, but there are so few of them and so many things for them to do that if anything comes up you will not get help from them anytime soon.

I was surprised by how many guards were irresponsible or late.

The hardest part of the job is the small chance that something dangerous will actually happen and the stress that comes with never knowing if it will happen that night or not.

The best part was the amount of overtime you could accept if you wanted more money.
A good start to being a security guard
Unarmed Security guard (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 1, 2016
From my experience there, just getting my foot in the door was a great start. A typical day at work was good enough where just getting through the day was an advantage. It helped me develop a stronger point of workmanship and character. I enjoyed working there, although every job has it perks and flaws. I am just now seeking some better opportunities.
Pros
great teamwork, communication, and respectful environment
Cons
crazy work schedule and no transportation
Very willing to work with your schedule
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 26, 2016
they were very willing to work with my school schedule and with my kids schedule. most of the shifts are 12 hours or more. you provide your own car and either walk or drive around construction sites.
Not a good fit for me
School Crossing Guard (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 22, 2016
A typical day started @ seven am in the morning and ended @ eight thirty am. Then you went home until two in the afternoon, you returned and stayed until three thirty in the evening. The hardest part of the job was standing out in the elements in the mornings and in the evenings, especially when you are from the south (Ga.). The most enjoyable part of the job was the children and the friendly neighbors and the passing motorist.
Pros
Children and motorist and neighbors
Cons
Cold weather, ice and snow
love working on my own
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 11, 2016
I really enjoyed graveyard shift, flexible hours. I appreciate the allowed overtime if needed. I appreciated the opportunity to learn different skills for the job.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not alot of ways to advance
good workplace Management cares for it Security Officers
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 24, 2016
This was a great place to work where the Management showed that they actually cared about the needs of the security officers which is hard to find in the industry