Twin City Security Employee Reviews

Opportunity for overtime but not enough management staff
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Denver, COAugust 3, 2016
The work is not difficult. Spent most of the time walking around at night. Once a month you might get into a dangerous situation.

I don't think I learned anything important

Management is usually nice if guards have been doing their jobs, but there are so few of them and so many things for them to do that if anything comes up you will not get help from them anytime soon.

I was surprised by how many guards were irresponsible or late.

The hardest part of the job is the small chance that something dangerous will actually happen and the stress that comes with never knowing if it will happen that night or not.

The best part was the amount of overtime you could accept if you wanted more money.
A good start to being a security guard
Unarmed Security guard (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIAugust 1, 2016
From my experience there, just getting my foot in the door was a great start. A typical day at work was good enough where just getting through the day was an advantage. It helped me develop a stronger point of workmanship and character. I enjoyed working there, although every job has it perks and flaws. I am just now seeking some better opportunities.
Pros
great teamwork, communication, and respectful environment
Cons
crazy work schedule and no transportation
Very willing to work with your schedule
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 26, 2016
they were very willing to work with my school schedule and with my kids schedule. most of the shifts are 12 hours or more. you provide your own car and either walk or drive around construction sites.
Not a good fit for me
School Crossing Guard (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJune 22, 2016
A typical day started @ seven am in the morning and ended @ eight thirty am. Then you went home until two in the afternoon, you returned and stayed until three thirty in the evening. The hardest part of the job was standing out in the elements in the mornings and in the evenings, especially when you are from the south (Ga.). The most enjoyable part of the job was the children and the friendly neighbors and the passing motorist.
Pros
Children and motorist and neighbors
Cons
Cold weather, ice and snow
love working on my own
Security guard (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COMay 11, 2016
I really enjoyed graveyard shift, flexible hours. I appreciate the allowed overtime if needed. I appreciated the opportunity to learn different skills for the job.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not alot of ways to advance
good workplace Management cares for it Security Officers
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 24, 2016
This was a great place to work where the Management showed that they actually cared about the needs of the security officers which is hard to find in the industry
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Brewton, ALFebruary 17, 2016
Security guard at a local college dorm. I enjoy interacting with the students. I enjoyed my supervisor and have learned a lot from her. The worst part of my job is being here alone at night, it's too quiet.
My Days at work Through out the Day
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIJanuary 6, 2016
My Day at work is exciting & motivating meeting many people that work around the surroundings and more. I've Learned that it takes dedication and hard work to meet our clients needs and to make sure they are protected and happy, Management was great, they can be really good and mostly down to earth but all is well. My co-workers are willing to learn as much as i have & more up to meeting tasks and getting the job done no questions. The hardest part of the job is dealing with people that really have attentions of hurting you and trying to comply with manners and they continue to proceed but i got the hang of things. I enjoy helping others and being a part of there life's this has always been the thing i enjoy the most and i'm good at it there's nothing else that makes me happy.
An ok place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WINovember 8, 2015
Twin city is a some what decent place to work for a person who is starting in the security field. I began to enjoy the job when I began employment but as time passed I felt as the employers wasn't trying to be fair.
Pros
The assigned facitilities were worth patrolling.
Cons
The pay was terrible.
Great Company
Area Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALOctober 25, 2015
I love my job but I work 24/7, I do the hiring and firing. Train new hires and place them in the job field. Do all scheduling and pay roll.
I also work out in the field like other officers. On average I work 80+ hours a week between the two.
Pros
Cons
lack of sleep and time with family
pros, cons and flexibility.
Guard (Current Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 16, 2015
only students and workaholics need apply.
flexibly scheduling, state training, guaranteed work, face time with management, networking opportunities.
Responding to disturbances, securing premises, report writing, issue violations maintain and enforce rules and regulations.
Armed Security Officer (Current Employee) –  West Allis, WISeptember 17, 2015
Its a meaningful job and position however I feel the compensation should match the job role and description. Its great work experience but the pay should be much better considering the risk.
Not a good company to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Columbiana, ALJuly 8, 2015
I enjoyed my assignment but management for Twin City was HORRIBLE. They couldn't keep staff. Manager was always in a bad mood and I don't like mess and the manager was always in some mess that was going on at Twin City.
Pros
I was blessed to have a job
Cons
I didn't leave sooner
not so well
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIJune 19, 2015
It started off simple and easy. they don't care if u have kids or not. I found out i was 5 months pregant 3 months into the job & were working 3rd shift. I asked if we can switch some nights with morning because over night i started getting extra sleepy. they told me if i dont wanna work nights quit so i did just that
a lost of a decent company
Armed Security/Trainer/Investigator (Current Employee) –  st. louis , MOMay 21, 2015
Twin City used to be a decent company with nice account .... new ownership and a lost of a outside sales rep have weaked a good company.....
Pros
pay is good
Cons
not enough accounts
A busy and productive environment which made it a Great place to work!
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 20, 2015
Interacting daily with all walks of life which made it a meaningful experience. My co-workers were additionally helpful and patient.
Pros
My boss believed in giving a Bonus at Christimas.
Cons
Sorry none Great Company to be apart of.
Allways interesting.
Security Guard January 2012 (Former Employee) –  Stewartville, MNMay 18, 2015
Serious job and employer. Need to be alert, honest and friendly to all people. Enjoyed meeting new people and meeting different personalities!
Pros
Meeting people.
Cons
Working alone.
Nice place to be a crossing guard
Crossing Guard (Current Employee) –  West AllisMay 18, 2015
A typical day "at work" means arriving at the assigned intersection/corner at least five minutes early. The job is this:You wait for an opening in traffic, put up your sign and wait until traffic stops before allowing the children (kids) to enter the street (That's how it's ideally suppose to go!). On most days, you see the same kids and parents every day, and I have known some of the parents by first name.. After all, YOU are charged with the safety of their kids and most parents place a high value on your service. The schools also places a high value on your work and I work with willing schools and safety cadets they provide.

Well, the hardest part of the job is the weather here in Wisconsin and I have been out in very unpleasant weather conditions. When school is not canceled one is expected to be out at the assigned intersection. Just dress for it!

The nicest part of the job is spring toward summer when the kids will be getting out of school. Another nice time of the year is the first day of school in September and the excitement for parents, as well as young kids from whom it's their very first day of kindergarten. Priceless - as the credit card ad goes!

The management is good to good employees, and at the annual crossing guard meetings in August they will put on a little party and acknowledge your good work. When I was sick with a horrible flu last October (and under doctor's care), they were empathetic about my illness and willing to let me fully recover. I gave them regular updates about my illness, as I felt it was my responsibility to let them know about
  more... my condition. I think the company is a good company to work for, it's a family-run, security company that provides largely security guard services, but from my view its a good to it's crossing guards.

The job of crossing guard at Twin City is a good job for a homemaker or retired person, it can be very rewarding, but I have an education and job skills and would like to move on to a place where I can utilized them.
Pros
Good management, able to work independently, work outside
Cons
Weather
Repective self contractor company ceo family own.
Crossing Guard (Former Employee) –  West Allis, WIApril 21, 2015
Crossing Guard communicate with children & traffic for there safety going to school everyday.2yrs experience with this company .And I did enjoy working with children in all kinds of weather.
Pros
Break from 8:45am to 1:45pm every day mon thru fri.
Cons
N/A
Great place to work. Various work sites. Accomadate service
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Auburn, ALMarch 19, 2015
Great place to work. Various work sites. Accommodate issues. Great work experience in various places. Auburn Tiger Tailgates was my Favorite.

2.4