Twin Oaks Community Services Employee Reviews

IT was a poor working experience
Clinical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJJune 6, 2017
A typical day at Twin Oaks comprised of driving the clients around all day in a company paid vehicle. As long as we had client face to face hour even if it was watching movies in a movie theatre it sufficed the companies funding minimum.
Management was very biased and often protrayed racist views. Workplace culture comprised of cliques and groups.
The hardest part of the job was dealing with annoying and racist comments coming from co-workers, The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the clients which needed the assistance the most.
productive work place
Support Coach (Current Employee) –  Glassboro, NJApril 3, 2017
Ran very professionally. Treats employees very well. Cares about the clients and their needs. Employees receive recognition for their work. Room for growth.
supervisor
Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJMarch 15, 2017
A great place to work very good pros and growth with in the working environment true definition of team work with case manager and clinical workshop, must be willing to transport different counties.
Rewarding,fun ,meeting new people
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJFebruary 28, 2017
A challenging but rewarding position to work with clients with disabilities. helping each person succeed in there life skill goals.
Pros
helping clients
Cons
n/a
mediocre job
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJJanuary 27, 2017
Not a job you want to make a career unless you're upper management. An abundance of hours but they do their best to make sure they don't pay you over time smh.
Wow
Substitute Residential Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJFebruary 23, 2016
Wow not always in the best way. This job is not for the faint hearted as there are very sad things you may have to deal with. The consumers become a big part of your life but the other employees could use less drama.
Not recommended
direct care (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJJanuary 22, 2016
This place was one of the worst group home I every worked at my entire life. They dont care about their staff. They dont want to see you sitting down, they make a schedule for you of the things you're supposed to do through out the day. They say you can't sit on the couch or watch TV because it belongs to the consumers not staff. Leave your phones in the car they don't want to see them. Supervisors create rules for staff but they don't follow the rules themselves. when you ask them they say well life is not fair. Couldn't stand a day at this company. You'll be at work on shift by yourself with the residential manager and you'll do all the work by yourself while she directs you. If you complain to the director she either doesn't pick up her phone, or respond to your test but you miss a day of work, she'll text you its a no show/no call.
They don't understand that for the clients to be taken good care of, the staff have to be happy.
twin oaks
Residential Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NJSeptember 29, 2015
great company, great benefits, time off as great, no problems with management. Train employees properly, fish philophosy, helpful team.
Productive and fun workplace
Clinical Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NJAugust 24, 2015
Supportive management. Productive work place. Ability to work independently and on a team. Company is growing rapidly.
Diversed responsibilities. Fun place to work
LPN and Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Browns Mills, NJJuly 7, 2015
Being in mental health you never had a "typical day at work". Every day, no matter had bad it was before I arrived at the work door, when I arrived at work I would make sure that the brightest smile would be on my face and the best attitude would be in my head. It would make a world of difference to the consumers who might be having a bad day before my arrival. Just the confidence in knowing that they had one staff showing up in a positive, confident mood would change their outlook for that shift. One of the hardest things was at the end of the day if someone was in a crisis and you where finally starting to make a stride with them management would want you to leave at the end of your shift anyway and let the next shift try to take over. That was somewhat difficult at times. The most enjoyable thing was to see consumers get to the point where they could go back out into the community with confidence and even live in an apartment with minimal assistance or supervision.
Pros
good benefits
Excellent company, great benefits.
Supervised Visitation Worker (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NJJune 5, 2015
My current job allows for flexibility but a lot of the time the consumers are unreliable. Such is the nature of this position. I facilitate visits between biological parents and their children who were removed by DCPP (Formerly Dyfs.) The per diem rate is great but there is no benefits. The work atmosphere is excellent. Very minimal drama, great supervisors and program directors. When I was attempting to find a FT position elsewhere my supervisor created a new position for me so I would stay with the company. The benefits package is fantastic and covers so much. I enjoy the positive outcomes when parents are reunified, however, a lot of the time the outcome is not great. Sometimes its hard to leave work at work and focus on your family. it takes a while to be able to separate it.
Pros
good pay, advancement oppertunities, great supervisors
Cons
tough cosumers and daily themes
Very Caring and supportive staff
Involuntary Outpatient Commitment Secretary (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMay 4, 2015
I have respect for the staff. I am thankful for the opportunity. They have been very helpful in my transition back into the work force.
Are you kidding me?
Clinical Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJMarch 15, 2015
I loved, loved, loved the clients and my co-workers but the administration was somewhat of a joke. There were deadlines due without realism. No teamwork, zero administration support, and the commute wasn't worth it.
Terrible agency, no management
Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westampton, NJ & Pennington, NJMarch 14, 2015
I worked for this agency for 7 months and I finally had to run out of there. I ALWAYS give at least 2 weeks notice, but in order to preserve what sanity I had left, I couldn't stay a day longer. Then they refused to give me my vacation time that I earned (and wasn't allowed to take while I was working there).
I was brought on to open 2 DDD houses in Pennington in July, but worked in Westampton until they were supposed to open in September. I worked there learning my job until October when the Prog Sup of that house found it unbearable to work under our Director RB and quit. I had to take over his position as well because my houses weren't open yet, but still had my job to do as well. When I found it difficult to work both positions under 40 hours a week and still get everything done, my Dir said I shouldn't have had problems since my houses weren't open yet. I was to be on call for both houses once my first house opened, but even before my first house opened, I was on call every week and for the dumbest sht imaginable. When my own house opened, I had absolutely no support and was supposed to not allow any overtime for my staff, which would have been fine, had I had the time to hire staff. I was the one who had to work 60+ hours each week without any break.

They also don't give comp time when you have to work over 40 hours a week. Plus, their time keeping system automatically takes off your hour for lunch whether you have to work through it or not. They are monocrats and have unrealistic expectations for their salaried group home staff.
Pros
Hmmm.....ummm.....nothing
Cons
Expensive benefits, no comp time, no professional support
Assisting others with disabilities
Residential assistant (Current Employee) –  Westampton, NJMarch 1, 2015
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping others with disabilities to live a full and happy life. Co workers are positive and teamwork is prevalent in the work environment.
Mental Health Agency that cares about their consumers
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJFebruary 25, 2015
I loved my co-workers. I learned a lot about finance and budgeting. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the flourish after working with our wonderful direct care people.
Pros
Bonus every year
Fun place to work.
Mentor (Current Employee) –  MedfordFebruary 3, 2015
This is a fun place to work. There are many different departments that help people who are in need. The people are very friendly.
Run...do not do this to yourself
Various (Former Employee) –  Mt. Holly, NJDecember 29, 2014
As a past employee I can tell you this is a place that does not care about their employees (except for the "Fab Five" that make all the money and get special treatment.) I recently went to an interview with a temp. agency that told me anyone that they ever sent there asked to never be sent back again. Look for a better job!
Pros
benefits are available
Cons
clocking in and out
Productive and fun place to work
Substitute Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJDecember 8, 2014
As a residential assistant I do just that. I assist our clients in helping them with their individual daily needs as well as supporting them in reaching their goals. In overseeing the on goings of the group home as a team I work along with others in order to achieve goals for the benefit of the client. In this, the house runs smoothly. I think for me the hardest part of the day for me is leaving to go home because I really enjoy my job. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I can come back tomorrow and do it all over again. Knowing I'm making a positive and constructive difference in another life.
Pros
Great feeling of seeing the client overcome obstacles and defeat a challenges
Cons
I wish I had more work hours
A great place to work
Substitute Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJSeptember 24, 2014
This is the perfect company to work for when you want to help change someones life. The direct care positions allow you the opportunity to watch how simple plans come together to help individuals become more independent.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
No breaks