Twin Oaks Community Services Employee Reviews in United States

Diversed responsibilities. Fun place to work
LPN and Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  Browns Mills, NJJuly 7, 2015
Being in mental health you never had a "typical day at work". Every day, no matter had bad it was before I arrived at the work door, when I arrived at work I would make sure that the brightest smile would be on my face and the best attitude would be in my head. It would make a world of difference to the consumers who might be having a bad day before my arrival. Just the confidence in knowing that they had one staff showing up in a positive, confident mood would change their outlook for that shift. One of the hardest things was at the end of the day if someone was in a crisis and you where finally starting to make a stride with them management would want you to leave at the end of your shift anyway and let the next shift try to take over. That was somewhat difficult at times. The most enjoyable thing was to see consumers get to the point where they could go back out into the community with confidence and even live in an apartment with minimal assistance or supervision.
Pros
good benefits
Not recommended
direct care (Former Employee) –  Somerset, NJJanuary 22, 2016
This place was one of the worst group home I every worked at my entire life. They dont care about their staff. They dont want to see you sitting down, they make a schedule for you of the things you're supposed to do through out the day. They say you can't sit on the couch or watch TV because it belongs to the consumers not staff. Leave your phones in the car they don't want to see them. Supervisors create rules for staff but they don't follow the rules themselves. when you ask them they say well life is not fair. Couldn't stand a day at this company. You'll be at work on shift by yourself with the residential manager and you'll do all the work by yourself while she directs you. If you complain to the director she either doesn't pick up her phone, or respond to your test but you miss a day of work, she'll text you its a no show/no call.
They don't understand that for the clients to be taken good care of, the staff have to be happy.
Excellent company, great benefits.
Supervised Visitation Worker (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NJJune 5, 2015
My current job allows for flexibility but a lot of the time the consumers are unreliable. Such is the nature of this position. I facilitate visits between biological parents and their children who were removed by DCPP (Formerly Dyfs.) The per diem rate is great but there is no benefits. The work atmosphere is excellent. Very minimal drama, great supervisors and program directors. When I was attempting to find a FT position elsewhere my supervisor created a new position for me so I would stay with the company. The benefits package is fantastic and covers so much. I enjoy the positive outcomes when parents are reunified, however, a lot of the time the outcome is not great. Sometimes its hard to leave work at work and focus on your family. it takes a while to be able to separate it.
Pros
good pay, advancement oppertunities, great supervisors
Cons
tough cosumers and daily themes
twin oaks
Residential Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lumberton, NJSeptember 29, 2015
great company, great benefits, time off as great, no problems with management. Train employees properly, fish philophosy, helpful team.
Too many malicious staff; however, the consumers are fun to work with.
Program Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sicklerville, NJAugust 18, 2014
I would not recommend this agency to others. There is a lack of support from management and management can be equally malicious as the staff. Everyday has been very stressful. Management don't fully train you but when you do/don't perform something that you were not made aware of, you get disciplined. Since I started, I have been targeted by co-workers and management. This experience has not been enjoyable but I can say the consumers are awesome but can be challenging at times. I have never been treated so badly by an agency like I am here. I wished I could speak better of this agency but seriously I can't due to the many unfortunate situations I had to endure.
Pros
fun consumers
Cons
poor healthcare benefits/low workplace morale
Productive and fun workplace
Clinical Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NJAugust 24, 2015
Supportive management. Productive work place. Ability to work independently and on a team. Company is growing rapidly.
so-so company to work for.
Residential Counselor, Lead Communication Staff (Former Employee) –  Glassboro, NJJuly 12, 2013
This company provides personal growth, but the management of children's residential run the program as children would, with a lot of drama not keeping the consumers best interest at heart. They treat their best staff who actually have the childrens best interest at heart like they are worthless and do not acknowledge the work they do. They personally find someone to attack and as soon as their "1 time salary adjustment" is coming out, they fire a massive amount of people just so they dont have to pay them.
Pros
kids are amazing, easy job on most days
Cons
investigations about non-important things, ignoring the important issues.
on-call sub
subsitute counsler (Former Employee) –  Mt. Laurel, NJJuly 26, 2014
Will start work soon on a on-call basis, I've have read most of the pros and cons about the company, also about the gossip that goes on there, which occurs on any job, just keep your views to yourself and you won't get caught up in all the he said/she said. Also I read about people getting fired for no reason, well that may be but we all get fired for something, at times it may be unjust but what did we do to get to this point?, remember when we point fingers there are always four pointing back at you. Do your job stay away from gossip and you should alright. As for the Mgr's, or Supervisor lying on staff well I would to think there is an unstable work environment and maybe HR needs to investigate.
Pros
a place to your carrer in care giving
Cons
n/a
Worse place I ever worked in my whole life
Residential assistant (Former Employee) –  Marlton NjFebruary 6, 2013
This company is very unprofessional I hate working there, I will not recommend anybody working here the staffs are very rude to the consumers...is always some type of gossip going around with he said she said stuff..the supervisors will lie on you in a heartbeat to save their own self beware of that..they will fired you with out proper investigations, the staffs speak to the kids in a disrespectful manor..some there are drug addict they be stealing the boys medication and blames it on other instead of them investigating everybody in the group home they point finger at one innocent person so sad.
Cons
they are a very cheap company dont pay good at all for the work you do
Disaster Area
counselor (Former Employee) –  berlinJuly 17, 2013
Where do I begin.... immoral work environment, poor values, lack of moral integrity, poor and corrupt management. This place is the most terrible place I have ever worked. They would like you to believe that their core values include the consumer/client; however, they are a greedy company that only cares about how much money they make as opposed to the quality of care given to the consumers. The turn-over rate is extremely high for both employees and consumers (and it's not hard to guess why). Don't expect to get paid what your worth here! And definitley don't expect equal oppurtunity! This ones for the birds.........
Cons
poor pay, immoral, high turn over, poor management
Run...do not do this to yourself
Various (Former Employee) –  Mt. Holly, NJDecember 29, 2014
As a past employee I can tell you this is a place that does not care about their employees (except for the "Fab Five" that make all the money and get special treatment.) I recently went to an interview with a temp. agency that told me anyone that they ever sent there asked to never be sent back again. Look for a better job!
Pros
benefits are available
Cons
clocking in and out
Excellent place to begin experience
Counselor-Fulltime (Current Employee) –  Lumberton, NJFebruary 24, 2014
Twin Oaks is a great place to begin your experience with children.
Pros
alot of pto.
Cons
no lunch. no raises. more about business.
Diverse and productive work place that takes care of their employees.
Adoption Support Therapist (Current Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJAugust 15, 2012
Twin Oaks is a great agency to work for. The work environment is awesome and very diverse. They allow advancement but only to a certain level. There are not many adminstrative positions available. This is a great agency to work for if you are just starting out in the field.
Pros
flexible schedule
Cons
limited opportunity for advancement and pay is not too good
Productive and fun place to work
Substitute Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJDecember 8, 2014
As a residential assistant I do just that. I assist our clients in helping them with their individual daily needs as well as supporting them in reaching their goals. In overseeing the on goings of the group home as a team I work along with others in order to achieve goals for the benefit of the client. In this, the house runs smoothly. I think for me the hardest part of the day for me is leaving to go home because I really enjoy my job. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing I can come back tomorrow and do it all over again. Knowing I'm making a positive and constructive difference in another life.
Pros
great feeling of seeing the client overcome obstacles and defeat a challenges
Cons
i wish i had more work hours
Terrible agency, no management
Program Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Westampton, NJ & Pennington, NJMarch 14, 2015
I worked for this agency for 7 months and I finally had to run out of there. I ALWAYS give at least 2 weeks notice, but in order to preserve what sanity I had left, I couldn't stay a day longer. Then they refused to give me my vacation time that I earned (and wasn't allowed to take while I was working there).
I was brought on to open 2 DDD houses in Pennington in July, but worked in Westampton until they were supposed to open in September. I worked there learning my job until October when the Prog Sup of that house found it unbearable to work under our Director RB and quit. I had to take over his position as well because my houses weren't open yet, but still had my job to do as well. When I found it difficult to work both positions under 40 hours a week and still get everything done, my Dir said I shouldn't have had problems since my houses weren't open yet. I was to be on call for both houses once my first house opened, but even before my first house opened, I was on call every week and for the dumbest sht imaginable. When my own house opened, I had absolutely no support and was supposed to not allow any overtime for my staff, which would have been fine, had I had the time to hire staff. I was the one who had to work 60+ hours each week without any break.

They also don't give comp time when you have to work over 40 hours a week. Plus, their time keeping system automatically takes off your hour for lunch whether you have to work through it or not. They are monocrats and have unrealistic expectations for their salaried group home staff.
Pros
hmmm.....ummm.....nothing
Cons
expensive benefits, no comp time, no professional support
Very Caring and supportive staff
Involuntary Outpatient Commitment Secretary (Current Employee) –  Cherry Hill, NJMay 4, 2015
I have respect for the staff. I am thankful for the opportunity. They have been very helpful in my transition back into the work force.
Family oriented work environment
Human Resources (Current Employee) –  Mt. HollySeptember 7, 2014
I've been working for Twin Oaks Community Services for almost 2 years and have loved every moment of it. Twin Oaks operates off of the "FISH Philosophy" which encourages a very friendly, fun and family centered environment. The staff really care about their consumers and it's evident by all the do for them. Staff are properly trained to handle all types of situations. Everyone gets along and are friends. It's the best job I've ever had!!!!
Pros
great co-workers, great trainings and wonderful work ethics and environment
Mental Health Agency that cares about their consumers
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJFebruary 25, 2015
I loved my co-workers. I learned a lot about finance and budgeting. The most enjoyable part of the job was watching the flourish after working with our wonderful direct care people.
Pros
bonus every year
Enjoyable workplace
Residential Assistant (Current Employee) –  Westampton, NJMay 1, 2014
The most enjoyable part of my job is helping others to reach their full potential.
Pros
nice work environment
Cons
no advancement potential
Provides quality care to mental health consumers in Camden County.
Crisis RN / Screener (Current Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJJune 10, 2013
I love working for Twin Oaks, the management is flexible and work with the employees with scheduling. I enjoyed working closely with the emergency rooms.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Twin Oaks Community Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9