Twin Rivers Unified School District Employee Reviews in United States

Cafeteria
Sub- School Cafeteria (Former Employee) –  McClellan, CAJuly 26, 2016
I didn't do much learning. I prepared and served breakfast and lunch to children in K-12 grade. I worked at several different schools and, of course each school had a different kitchen manager and I did come across many different personalities, there were a couple of schools that I told my main supervisor I would rather not go back to and he honored that and completely understood.
enjoy the kids but could be better
Noon Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 29, 2016
over all good but can be better. there are some times that people can care for the kids as a whole a little better and fairness should focused on a little more but over all a good district.
Good school district to work for in a large metropolitan area
Teacher (Current Employee) –  McClellan, CAJanuary 11, 2014
I work part time three days a week. The management lets me do my job and provides support as needed. I learned that it is important to know the learning styles of your students and to develop a caring relationship with each student. I found it helpful to make school meaningful and interesting for students. My co-workers are easy to get along with because we share similar responsibilities. The hardest part of the job is only being able to work part time with no benefits or opportunites for advancement. The most enjoyable part of the job is working one on one with each student using supplemental learning materials online.
Pros
good hourly pay
Cons
only part time work available with no benefits
Great working with kids
Instructional Paraeducator (Current Employee) –  North Highlands, CAAugust 21, 2012
It is great working with kids every day. Immediate managers and co-workers are great people. Autistic kids can be a challenge, but the reward with a smile is terrific.
Pros
kids, work/life balance
Cons
not hiring permanent employess, no benefits low pay.
Great difficulty receiving pay
Elementary Intervention Program Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 13, 2012
Its a good school district but I had to quit I was there for two months and I had THE HARDEST TIME trying to get my pay. Their HR dept made mistakes when entering my info and so everything went downhill from there. The staff is nice though.
Cons
hard time getting benefits, hr mixups.
Great way to learn about children.
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 28, 2015
A typical day at work involves planning the kids days, looking over 80 children. Cleaning up after those children. I preform different activities through the three hours of work with the kids. Once the parents arrive to pick the children up, my day continues with clean up and prepping for the following days.
Pros
Experience, growth
Cons
Lack of hours
working around children
Cafeteria Worker - Substitute (Former Employee) –  McClellan, CAJune 18, 2015
A typical work day is preparing and serving breakfast and lunch to K-12 students. I have learned patience and other languages thru working in a school where English is the second language. Only had a couple of schools where I didn't get along with management. I worked as a sub in the cafeteria so I worked at many schools. The hardest part of the job is working at a school one day and then having to move on. The most enjoyable part of the job is the students.
Pros
Free lunch, nice enviroment to work in
Cons
not enough stable hours.
eh, it's alright
Substitute Custodian (Current Employee) –  McClellan, CAJuly 29, 2015
It's got it's hassles, but what job doesn't. It's the only job that is hiring in the area and it's decent pay. Though it's a thankless job and highly competitive with some serious office politics and workroom drama around every corner it's not too bad as long as you keep your name out of any of it. The coworkers are easy to get along with.
productive, fun place to work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 10, 2015
I learned a lot working for schools and how different programs work. Working and meeting new people everyday was great, definitely would help me with my customer service skills. The difficult part was waiting for a call at 5/6 am to see if you work that day or not, and missing a day of work was a point .
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Great and fun opportunities
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 28, 2015
This job is a great part time job for students who still have extracurricular activities such as sports who are still looking for a way to make some money while in school.

Want to know more about Twin Rivers Unified School District?

Ask a question
Good experience for future teachers
Substitute Instructional Para-Educator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 17, 2015
Worked at a lot of different schools in the district, so depending on what school I substituted at, I would get different experiences.
one year contract
School Nurse (Former Employee) –  North Highlands, CAMay 4, 2015
School nurse responsible for three schools, elementary, middle and high school, approximately 4,000 students. Friendly working atmosphere.
Pros
work only during the school year
Cons
requires Masters Degree in Nursing
They are noce
Substitute (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 22, 2015
Great company to work for. They really care about there employees. Stayed busy alwaysnhas something to do occasionally they at meeting that were catered
Pros
Always busy when your at work
Cons
When you. Sub it comes an goes
Rewarding work experience
paraeducator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAApril 12, 2014
A typical day consists of working with students at different levels, reviewing homework or classwork, teaching new concepts, practicing clean area management and learning skills with students. I learned corrective behavior for children and basic math and english up to the high school level. Co-workers are friendly and open.
Pros
friendly community, plenty of snacks
TRUSD is a nice place to work.
Spanish Bilingual Paraprofessional (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 26, 2013
A typical day starts at 8:50am to 3:00pm. During these times, I would be teaching, re-teaching, or pre-teaching subjects dealing with phonemic awareness, math, or science. The most enjoyable part of my job was working with students and seeing the joy of learning through their eyes. Once the student understood the material, one can see a sparkle of knowledge in their eyes. Dealing with my co-workers was pleasant since they respected me and my ideas.
Pros
dealing with students at any academic level.
Cons
short lunches.
Okay place to work
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  SacramentoFebruary 25, 2015
As a substitute teacher my jobs is to cover for absence teacher. I help in the class with children supervising, indoor/outdoor activities, and during lunch time help to children's as well.
Pros
get to know lot of places, staff, and students
Cons
payment system is terrible.
Best School District to Work For
Para Educator (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 18, 2015
This company understands working in teams and creating a productive job culture and how to educate youth.
Pros
strong work culture
Cons
not enough hours
Paying me to go to school
Cafeteria Aide (Former Employee) –  Rio Linda, CAOctober 10, 2013
I worked for two periods at school. I went from a classroom environment to the school cafeteria with all the cafeteria workers. It was so much fun. Positive attitudes, smiles, positive criticism, and loads of laughter. Hardest part of the job was short amount of time to get everything ready. Most enjoyable part of the job was the co-workers, the friendships made, serving my fellow students, and the relaxation of a private lunch.
Pros
free lunch, positiveness
Cons
time
productive ,team work,
sub custodian (Current Employee) –  North Highlands, CASeptember 1, 2013
as a sub custodian i would sometimes work 12 hours shifts ,also would open the school up.Open gates,bathrooms and i would start my day as cleaning bathrooms classrooms that needed to be done for that day,and start in cafeteria then wait til lunch time came and would dump trash daily and sweep and mop ,my co workers were my best trainers and supervisor and their wasn't nothing hard about my job i enjoyed it very much
Although the district is corrupt I enjoy working with the youth of the future.
Substitute Instructional Para educator (Current Employee) –  North Highlands, CAMay 6, 2014
As a substitute every day is a different structure unless you are in a long-term subbing job. A para educator assumes many different job roles in special education including but not limited too: Mild/Moderate, Moderate/Severe, Emotionally disturbed, Orthopedically Impaired. A general day consists of assisting in the education and overseeing of the students. I have learned a variety of skills from this job but mainly I have mastered patience for the diversity of youth, parents, and co workers. Co workers generally are not fond of subs especially in regards to my age. With that being said, I do my hardest to excel in my work ethics and help out all I can so I may me asked to come back because substituting is an on call job. That is probably the hardest part of the job because I am not fond of the negative energy attached to the thoughts of subs and always having to prove my worth. At my current long-term job now, I enjoy the environment from the children to the teachers I work with. My current job has been one of the most rewarding experiences as a sub so far.
Pros
the variety of people i meet
Cons
on-call, paid once a month, constantly having to show that i am worthy of respect

2.8