Twin Rivers Unified School District Employee Reviews

Awesome Internship
Social Work Intern (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJuly 14, 2017
A typical day at the internship will be having all the list of students you'll be seeing for the day and planning what should be done at the session. The workplace culture are very diverse and very open to communication. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the progression of the students achieving their goals.
Typical day at work
School Community Liaison (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 18, 2017
My typical day at work consisted of working at various school sites to check up on students attendance and possibly any issues that particular family might be dealing with. I was able to provide many resources to our homeless families and the job was very rewarding.
Supportive environment
School Counselor (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 12, 2017
Twin Rivers Unified is a great district to work for. Positive culture and supportive administrators and staff. Professional development is provided. Helping students experience success is a great feeling. All around a positive place to work.
Great staff and schools
Substitute Teacher (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 26, 2017
The administration and staff work hard to create a peaceful environment for their substitute teachers. You can create your own schedule and choose which schools you want to sub for.
Pros
Great hours!
Cons
No benefits
Great co-workers
Instructional Paraeducator Student Support Tutor (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 23, 2017
Work one-on-one with a student. Assist student with its' special needs. Sometimes, work with a group of students. Encourage student to speak and use appropriate words.
Pros
co-workers are helpful
Cons
sick leave
Stable position after 1 year probation
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Rio Tierra Junior High SchoolApril 27, 2017
Good organization to work with. Good communications with employees. Government position with the County of Sacramento through the Sacramento County Office of Education.
Great working environment
Jv soccer cocah (Former Employee) –  Rio Linda, CAMarch 6, 2017
If you like working with kids and love teaching sports or other after school activities this is the right place to work at. Also a fun way to interact with kids in there lives.
Productive and fun place to work
Substitute Bus Driver (Current Employee) –  Orangevale, CA 95662March 1, 2017
Employees are very kind everyone smiles and say's hello even if they don't know you. TRUSD is the poorest school district in Sacramento some processes may be archaic equipment breaks down often but it is a real team environment which out weighs everything.
Pros
Team environment you will feel as if you belong
Cons
Pay is low, Processes such as payroll
PRoductive and physical
Custodian (Former Employee) –  Rio Tierra Junior High School, Sacramento, CAFebruary 2, 2017
The job allowed me to maintain good health. While throwing away trash from classrooms assigned to me to clean, I would also clean the rooms scheduled to be that day.

One thing I enjoyed about the job is the students respected me and relied on me for their safety.
From my view
Substitute Campus Monitor (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 3, 2017
Enjoy each day, just wish I was full time. Each day working with student from all walks of life is enjoyable. never will have a dole moment while working at a school.
Prepared lunch
Substitute Food Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CADecember 26, 2016
preparing lunch for kids, working with others, listening to others, not a lot of hours with this job, hardest part is not knowing what to do
Great place to work if you can get enough training from them to pass the CDL testing
Mechanic 1 (Former Employee) –  McClellan Park, CAOctober 27, 2016
I loved working there but I didn't receive enough of the training that they said I was going to get so I was unable to pass the CDL test and keep my job
Former Employee
Former member (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 8, 2016
I enjoyed working w/ the staff at my job site and loved the children. The job lossed the enjoyment when it became apparent that it was about the government funding, bottom line and NOT the kids. The meals are not worth the price that the families are charged or what most kids want to eat. This neighborhood has many kids that come to school hungry and would love to have a good breakfast and decent lunch on a regular basis. So much food was thrown away Daily while we had to turn kids down who asked for more because they were still hungry.TWUSD policy is no seconds.
Pros
Staff
Cons
Money Driven, not about their employers, The children
Cafeteria
Sub- School Cafeteria (Former Employee) –  McClellan, CAJuly 26, 2016
I didn't do much learning. I prepared and served breakfast and lunch to children in K-12 grade. I worked at several different schools and, of course each school had a different kitchen manager and I did come across many different personalities, there were a couple of schools that I told my main supervisor I would rather not go back to and he honored that and completely understood.
enjoy the kids but could be better
Noon Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 29, 2016
over all good but can be better. there are some times that people can care for the kids as a whole a little better and fairness should focused on a little more but over all a good district.
Great way to learn about children.
Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 28, 2015
A typical day at work involves planning the kids days, looking over 80 children. Cleaning up after those children. I preform different activities through the three hours of work with the kids. Once the parents arrive to pick the children up, my day continues with clean up and prepping for the following days.
Pros
Experience, growth
Cons
Lack of hours
productive, fun place to work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 10, 2015
I learned a lot working for schools and how different programs work. Working and meeting new people everyday was great, definitely would help me with my customer service skills. The difficult part was waiting for a call at 5/6 am to see if you work that day or not, and missing a day of work was a point .
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
eh, it's alright
Substitute Custodian (Current Employee) –  McClellan, CAJuly 29, 2015
It's got it's hassles, but what job doesn't. It's the only job that is hiring in the area and it's decent pay. Though it's a thankless job and highly competitive with some serious office politics and workroom drama around every corner it's not too bad as long as you keep your name out of any of it. The coworkers are easy to get along with.
Great and fun opportunities
Student Worker (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 28, 2015
This job is a great part time job for students who still have extracurricular activities such as sports who are still looking for a way to make some money while in school.
working around children
Cafeteria Worker - Substitute (Former Employee) –  McClellan, CAJune 18, 2015
A typical work day is preparing and serving breakfast and lunch to K-12 students. I have learned patience and other languages thru working in a school where English is the second language. Only had a couple of schools where I didn't get along with management. I worked as a sub in the cafeteria so I worked at many schools. The hardest part of the job is working at a school one day and then having to move on. The most enjoyable part of the job is the students.
Pros
Free lunch, nice enviroment to work in
Cons
not enough stable hours.