Twinstar Credit Union Employee Reviews

Members Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAAugust 23, 2017
Structured day performing daily transactions and audits and balancing of draw. Interaction with members. Cross selling and promoting new bank features that are available.
Rewarding
Mortgage Loan Underwriter (Current Employee) –  Lacey, WAAugust 9, 2017
I have worked for TwinStar Credit Union for 18 years and really have enjoyed working there. The employees are great people to work with and the management in my department is knowledgeable.
Pros
Corporate building has a work out room and amazing kitchen
The people there make you feel like family.
Loan Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAJuly 31, 2017
No business is perfect, but I can never forget the amazing thing's I learned with TwinStar Credit Union. The room for growth is very nice and your coworkers, and bosses, want you to succeed. Everybody is there to help and guide to make sure they can deliver the best results to the memebers (customers) and each other.
Pros
Hour lunches and free benefits
Great Place to Work
Contact Center Officer (Current Employee) –  Lacey, WAJune 27, 2017
Twinstar has great core values and does a great job taking care of their employees. Good benefits and compensation as well as a rewarding work environment. Could be more room for growth within the company though.
Great Place to Work
Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Tumwater, WAJanuary 24, 2017
I love the people and the culture at TwinStar Credit Union. You really get a mix of different work ethics in between the branches though. New Management is always coming through, so that is rough.
Pros
Open teo-way Communication
Cons
New Management always flowing through
Good place to work overall.
OPERATIONS SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Lacey, WANovember 3, 2016
Good benefits, decent pay - training opportunities. Employee development is encouraged, but at the branch level, is hard to get done. Have appreciated the committees and groups I've been able to work with.
helping members
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAOctober 1, 2015
Teller transactions. Cash handling. Member service . Product referrals organizational skills. Filing papers. Computer codes .
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
less advancement opportunity
Attempt to create big vision, failed by small minded "old school" focus
Better left unsaid (Former Employee) –  OlympiaApril 10, 2015
Ask for support, nothing happens. Managers want everything "screened" by them. Benefits are super expensive compared to industry peers. No vacation for first six months. No on boarding plans for new employees.

They hire talented people not to evolve the company, but to have the talent conform to them, hence stifling the desired evolution.
Pros
They're Seahawk fans
Cons
Darn near everything!
Enjoyed helping members with their financial needs.
Member Service Officer / Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WAJanuary 23, 2015
I truly enjoy helping people and in this position I was able to not only help but change the financial future of my members. Building relationship that I know will last a lifetime.

My typical work day would start with opening the branch for members to come conduct their financial needs. Checking voicemail, emails and mail and corresponding as needed. Helping members open new accounts or apply for consumer loans. Help other staff in areas needed such as dual control processed or computer assistance. Calling and tracking call list to meet loan prodution goals.

The hardest part of the job was feeling pulled in many directions and being micro managed.
Pros
Helping People
Cons
Micro Managed
Great Work environment
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Aberdeen,WADecember 29, 2014
During the 6-months I worked at TwinStar Credit Union, I was treated extremely nice by everyone and the members seemed to like to have me help them, the supervisor and manager are two nice people and loved working there.
Pros
Good work environment, Good experience, Meetings every quarter
Cons
Requires complete focus at some points and then none at other points
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, WASeptember 7, 2013
Senior management takes pride in their leadership and communication with staff at all levels. They demonstrate strong core values and encourage Open and Two-Way Communication. They also strongly encourage continuing education by providing consistent training courses for all employees to take in addition to specialized positions. Furthermore they have a wonderful in-house Bright Solutions University for employees to gain certifications.
Pros
Rewarding work environment, open communication, stability, education
Cons
Benefits, Salary, and Incentive packages could be better
Enjoyable to help my members
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, WAJune 4, 2012
Opening daily night drop and atms, starting to post the atm's in dual control and also the night drop. Open the vault getting the cash drawers out.
Their are many things you need to accomplish prior to opening and making sure your are on time do finish task efficiently and affectively.

Try to have a positive attitude regardless of what people say or do.
angry customers, but unfortunately It would be a challenge for me to make them smile, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt.
The regular customers that would come in to make your day. Assisting them in the products they need or helping them with a bit of advice.
Pros
assisting customers
Cons
not being treated fairly with fellow employees
Narrow Focus, Small Company
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Olympia, WAMay 3, 2012
Even though I had been with TwinStar for over 1.5 years, I was asked to resign due to my being outspoken about sales in a "strong sales culture." I performed every other aspect of the job description with ease and even took on additional duties such as assisting my supervisor with audits, standardizing forms, being the branch safety officer, WIMP and a PERC representative. Despite going above and beyond as a part-time MSR, none of it mattered due to my sales being sub-par, which resulted in me being labeled "difficult to manage" and subsequently led to me being confronted by HR.

I honestly did enjoy helping members and working with my coworkers, but I've lost so much respect for the company after how they treated me that I can't bring myself to give them a good recommendation. Sales meant more than anything else to TwinStar (even above employee morale, it seemed), so if you're a salesperson who can keep your thoughts to yourself, TwinStar might just be the place for you.

I would go into more detail, but the review guidelines do not permit me to say beyond what I have.
Pros
training sessions are fun, coworkers are generally friendly
Cons
poor management, gossip is rampant, small company
Fun and challenging workplace
Part time internship (Former Employee) –  Hoquiam, WAApril 24, 2012
A typical day at work would include helping members with accounts, cross selling our products and services, and balancing our cash drawers every night. I learned a lot about how financial institutions work as well as credit cards and loans. The management was very helpful and very supportive. The manager was always very helpful and understanding. My co-workers were also very helpful and supportive. The hardest part of the job was probably dealing with upset members. When it comes to money issues, people can get very upset, and understanding and empathizing is key when working at a financial institution. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely getting to know the members, and becoming a part of their routine. I was humbled to help those people.
Pros
long breaks, helpful staff, remained busy
Great benefits, and incentive program
Member Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Washington StateMarch 12, 2012
Small company so you get all the trappings that go with that. Coworkers are friendly for the most part. There are issues with gossiping and unprofessional behavior throughout the company.