Twinstar Credit Union

Twinstar Credit Union Employer Reviews

Enjoyable to help my members
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Lakewood, WAJune 4, 2012
Pros: assisting customers
Cons: not being treated fairly with fellow employees
Opening daily night drop and atms, starting to post the atm's in dual control and also the night drop. Open the vault getting the cash drawers out.
Their are many things you need to accomplish prior to opening and making sure your are on time do finish task efficiently and affectively.

Try to have a positive attitude regardless of what people say or – more... do.
angry customers, but unfortunately It would be a challenge for me to make them smile, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesnt.
The regular customers that would come in to make your day. Assisting them in the products they need or helping them with a bit of advice. – less
Narrow Focus, Small Company
Member Service Representative (Former Employee), Olympia, WAMay 3, 2012
Pros: training sessions are fun, coworkers are generally friendly
Cons: poor management, gossip is rampant, small company
Even though I had been with TwinStar for over 1.5 years, I was asked to resign due to my being outspoken about sales in a "strong sales culture." I performed every other aspect of the job description with ease and even took on additional duties such as assisting my supervisor with audits, standardizing forms, being the branch safety officer, WIMP and – more... a PERC representative. Despite going above and beyond as a part-time MSR, none of it mattered due to my sales being sub-par, which resulted in me being labeled "difficult to manage" and subsequently led to me being confronted by HR.

I honestly did enjoy helping members and working with my coworkers, but I've lost so much respect for the company after how they treated me that I can't bring myself to give them a good recommendation. Sales meant more than anything else to TwinStar (even above employee morale, it seemed), so if you're a salesperson who can keep your thoughts to yourself, TwinStar might just be the place for you.

I would go into more detail, but the review guidelines do not permit me to say beyond what I have. – less
Fun and challenging workplace
Part time internship (Former Employee), Hoquiam, WAApril 24, 2012
Pros: long breaks, helpful staff, remained busy
A typical day at work would include helping members with accounts, cross selling our products and services, and balancing our cash drawers every night. I learned a lot about how financial institutions work as well as credit cards and loans. The management was very helpful and very supportive. The manager was always very helpful and understanding. My – more... co-workers were also very helpful and supportive. The hardest part of the job was probably dealing with upset members. When it comes to money issues, people can get very upset, and understanding and empathizing is key when working at a financial institution. The most enjoyable part of the job was definitely getting to know the members, and becoming a part of their routine. I was humbled to help those people. – less
Great benefits, and incentive program
Member Service Rep (Former Employee), Washington StateMarch 12, 2012
Small company so you get all the trappings that go with that. Coworkers are friendly for the most part. There are issues with gossiping and unprofessional behavior throughout the company.

March 25, 2012

The incentive program isn't that great, and you're dead on with the gossiping and unprofessional behavior. Avoid this place, people, you can find something better out there.