QA Automation Engineer
Location: Seattle, WA
Do you ever wish you could work on something that was really freaking cool?
Imagine that you’re building intricate real-time communications apps that will be used by helicopter ambulances flying rescue missions. Imagine that the apps you develop are so useful that they’re embraced by power company linemen, taxi drivers, Special Forces troops and small-town cops. Imagine that you’re working on something that’s so far out in front of the competition that your competitors ask to become partners.
Sounds pretty good? Then imagine you’re working here.
Twisted Pair is seeking a QA Automation Engineer to join our mobile development team in Seattle. We make apps used for critical communications around the globe. Our customers love our products. We are that rare employer you’ve been seeking: a software company with genuine sales, growth, funding, disruptive products and a lively culture. We have high standards of quality and craftsmanship. We’re busy, but we all have lives and we’re not a burnout shop. We’ll treat you well, and we can’t wait to meet you.
What you’ll be doing
You will be joining our mobile development team working closely with mobile developers on test driven development, automated testing, and driving our continuous integration pipeline. Our environment provides an excellent opportunity to show off your skills and learn something new on a daily basis. Utilizing pair programming, code reviews, and frequent design discussions you will participate in all aspects of our many numerous mobile and web applications.
Key responsibilities include:
· Help design automation strategies for our mobile applications
· Implement automated test cases
· Develop Unit, Integration, and End-to-End tests
· Pair with developers and review source code of mobile applications
· Work as part of an Agile development team
· Write test cases for manual testing
· Execute manual test cases
· Support team to build quality into the product from the beginning
· Drive beta testing
· Support multiple test environments
· B.S. in Computer Science or related discipline
· 3-5+ years of QA experience
· 2-5+ years of development experience
· Experience with mobile automation frameworks
· Experience with VCS/DVCS
· Experience in one of the following languages: C#, Java or Objective C
· Experience with any of the following mobile technologies: Android, BlackBerry, iOS, and Windows Mobile/Phone
Nice to have
· Experience with Continuous Integration (CI)
· Agile development environment experience
· TDD (Test driven development)
· Pair programming
· Experience with Jenkins, Git
· Experience with VoIP applications on mobile devices
· Experience with Networking
Twisted Pair offers a competitive salary with stock options. We also offer a 401k, flexible spending accounts, medical, dental and vision coverage. We have pop in the fridge, a coffee robot and a view deck with a barbeque on the Seattle waterfront.
About Twisted Pair
Headquartered in Seattle Washington, Twisted Pair is the recognized leader in critical communications. Our WAVE software empowers mobile workforces with critical communication applications for secure, real-time collaboration anywhere on any device. Built on a battle-tested communications interoperability platform, WAVE delivers voice, video, location, presence and other forms of data deployed as an enterprise product or cloud-based service throughout commercial, public sector and defense organizations. WAVE has been proven in thousands of the most complex deployments around the world to help integrate and manage a truly unified communications system so that office-based and mobile workers can simply talk, make decisions and act.
For more on WAVE view our video.
Equal Employment Policies
Twisted Pair Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. This means we will not discriminate against employees or applicants for employment in violation of law, including, but not limited to on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, physical or mental disability, gender, sexual orientation, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by local, state or federal law. Our policy of non-discrimination applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to hiring, placement, promotion, termination, reduction in force, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. We comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination in employment.
How To Apply
Please prepare your resume in Word, PDF, or Text format. Include your cover letter and compensation requirements in the body of your email message and submit to the address shown. We will contact you if your skills and experience meet our business requirements.