Twitch Employee Reviews

Best job you could wish for
Broadcaster (Current Employee) –  Home BasedAugust 14, 2017
I love my job. I am able to hangout and get paid to play video games online. It is stressful off camera since I am my own business but I never want to quit.
Fun
Professional Streamer (Current Employee) –  HomeAugust 1, 2017
Streaming on Twitch is a great deal of fun. If you are able to be a part of a good community the amount of support you receive is extraordinary and inspiring. However its not a steady paycheck and if you aren't good at streaming or if your streams dip so does the money you make.
Pros
Work at your own pace
Empowering and Inclusive Workplace
Support Business Development Success Team (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 1, 2017
People are encouraged to create and develop.

Employees are given opportunity for heavy engagement and full creative license.

********************
Difficult and rewarding
Talk Show Entertainer (Current Employee) –  Eau Claire, WIJuly 7, 2017
As a contracted entertainer through Twitch it is one of the hardest and most rewarding jobs I have had the pleasure of having. You must be a very self driven individual to succeed. Simply playing video games is all but a subset of what this job entails day in and day out. You must spend countless hours outside the normal shift in order to make it. Despite all the hardships and downsides I wouldn't trade it for the world.
Empresa Dinâmica
Twitch (Current Employee) –  Estados UnidosMay 30, 2017
Uma grande empresa com reconhecimento mundial, com muita produção de conteúdo, com o máximo auxilio aos parceiros.
A fun and incredible working environment tailored to your schedule
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Tiffin, OHMay 10, 2017
The typical day at work is usually a carefree and inviting experience taking to many different people from all over the globe, sharing and connecting with different interests and experiences, and providing insight on gaming, news, and community. You learn that there is another world where you can make a living doing something you love, whether it is gaming, making music, creating arts and crafts or many other things. You also learn communication with fellow individuals who share your common interests. Finally, you learn to manage and run a channel that can attract and engage viewers in on your content. The culture is very free but has its rules and regulations that allow content creators to have certain freedoms and liberties without violating why the company was started. The hardest part of working with Twitch is finding success with your channel. Many viewers have their favorite games, content, and streamers and it is hard to break through and become the next Twitch sensation. But that is what makes the job so enjoyable is to find the thing that works for the individual is finding what works out and cultivating a community that you can be proud of and that Twitch finds appealing to advertise.
Pros
Centered around your schedule, freedom to stream whatever you and that is gaming related or creative, connecting with others
Cons
Hard to get big, "toxic" individuals, slow downs/no progression in views/followers
Twitch Streamer
Partnered Twitch and Discord Internet Personality (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 9, 2017
I'm a full time caster, which I love to do. As a 10-99 employee there isn't a lot of support from Twitch itself. Being partnered doesn't mean you're an actual employee.
Poorly administrated company
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 28, 2017
The people in charge here have no clue what they are doing company is dying because they are getting rid of their biggest partners for no good reason .
Pros
Entertaing parterns all around
Cons
poor management
Amazing people, great technology.
Video Devops Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 27, 2017
Things are always changing. The core value of 'experiment to decide' is followed at every level. Shared vision rather than full communication, as a value, is also practiced, and used to resolve conflicts in technical direction.
Incredible experience
Broadcaster (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 8, 2017
Broadcasting on twitch has always been a passion of mine. I loved being able to interact with many different people from all over the world. Although I'm not doing it any longer it was my dream job and if I could have it back I would.
Pros
Set your own schedule, doing something you love.
Cons
Hard to build viewership, heavily saturated.
The Future Of Entertainment
Broadcaster (Current Employee) –  WebsiteNovember 21, 2016
It provides an easy to use and utilize platform for an individual to provide quality entertainment. Allowing for viewers to form communities around different broadcsters.
Pros
Creating wonderful communities
Cons
It is an uphill climb
Fun stay at home job
Streamer (Current Employee) –  Claymont, DENovember 7, 2016
Twitch doesn't directly employ me yet, however they do allow me to stream every day and use paypal to run my own stream and accept donations from my viewers. Other than that i primarily stream video games that are RPG based.
Pros
Fun enjoyable side job
Cons
Not a career field
Fun culture with smart peers
Tax Compliance Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 12, 2016
Twitch is an excellent place to work. The environment is conducive to anybody that wants to learn. A typical day involved contacting clients for tax information and applying that information to a spreadsheet. I was free to work at my own pace but remained cognizant of deadlines. There were plenty of perks working there and even as a contracted employee, I was free to partake in an company perks. The environment was welcoming to say the least.
Pros
Worked with some smart people who taught me so much
Cons
No cons at all
Entrepreneurs of the Future
Broadcaster (Current Employee) –  From HomeOctober 24, 2014
Twitch.tv is a great place for people passionate about gaming to share their experience and expertise with an engaged audience.
Pros
You can build and customize your fanbase any way you want
Cons
Lots and lots of competition
Very fun and work from home job
Live Streamer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAAugust 15, 2014
A typical day at works includes me playing online games at home and streaming it to hundreds of viewers a day. The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to interact with all my viewers. I set my own schedule, and it is a really flexible job at the moment.
Pros
Make my own schedule, have fun
Cons
No set income