Twitter Employee Reviews

Good benefits
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJanuary 12, 2017
Benefits are excellent.

Job security is not good.

Review process severely lacking - very hard to get promotion and not allowed to move to a higher position in a different team.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Bad processes
Great culture and peers are helpful and friendly
Contractor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 27, 2016
Typical day of work consists of working on your task list.
I learned a lot more about computer systems, social media, and advertising.
Management was great and easy to speak to and approachable.
Co workers are great and helpful.
Hardest thing is my commute.
Most enjoyable is the culture.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
commute
SF Downtown Office
USER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CADecember 22, 2016
Being in the heart of the city, almost accessible to anything that you desire. Working at Twitter is a great place to be at. Free food, events, and other perks. It makes it easier to get the job done.
Fun company but...
Media Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, MADecember 11, 2016
Twitter can be a fun place to work, but it is a very cliquey. It takes forever to be promoted and the salaries for the same exact job vary immensely. Tons of wasted time sitting in meetings.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Raises are pitiful
Excellent Place to Work
Sourcing Manager (Contractor) (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 8, 2016
Terrific place to work with great food, and positive culture. Location is perfect and people are very nice. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Fun place to work
Technical Sourcer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 28, 2016
Fun place to work but alot of people are leaving. Great food, great people. Great projects. Im not sure about promoting people and the engineers are very nice. good training.
Pros
Food, fun easy going place
Cons
people are leaving
Work environment
Day Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  SF, CAAugust 13, 2016
I absolutely love working for Twitter. It is an open minded tech culture that allows you to be who you are as long as you do the work given to you. Twitter invites celebrities and politicians to the site which is very motivating to come to work. Every Thursday the whole company has a meeting to discuss the future of Twitter or upcoming events. Most importantly the best thing about working for Twitter is all the free buffet of food.
Pros
Fun atmosphere to work for
Cons
Location of the job
Productive, fun, different, growing
Wellness USF Marketing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 10, 2016
Working for Wellness USF has given me more opportunities that I could imagine. I've gained more skills and have grown more as a person. I've been pushed out of my comfort zone and have found more strengths. I love this job and it's a great environment to be a part of.
Great experience all around
Web master (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 25, 2016
Great work environment with supportive management. Company wants employees to succeed and build a career. As the compnay grows the amount of processes and red tape also grew, but that is expected with a company of this size. The best part about working at Twitter was the people and food.
Great experience all around
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 20, 2015
Pros
Free lunch and breakfast, fitness reimbursement, full benefits
Good place to work. I enjoyed my co-workers. Just the upper levels are too political.
Senior Data Center Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento Ca.October 19, 2015
Twitter was a good place to learn.
I liked my co-workers. One of the best teams I have had.
I did not like how much politics there were between directors and many manager. It was the worst place for this I have ever worked.
Pros
Free lunch, Excellent Benefits, Great PTO policy
Cons
Higher Management was poor. Extremely Political environment between
Senior Account Executive (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 11, 2015
Twitter is a fun and innovating company to work at. The people are smart and always looking to help one another. Each division of the company looks to help others and it moves at a very fast pace.
Great Benefits, Coworkers
Senior Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Washington DCSeptember 7, 2015
This is a great organization making a large impact around the globe. Management needs to take cues from individual contributors to help them in career growth. Often times, the loudest and most social IC's get priority over employees who quantifiably do an incredible job.
Vibrant Work Environment and Corporate Culture, #LoveWhereYouWork
Contracts Administrator, Sales Finance (Current Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 26, 2015
Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table and unlimited snacks. In this position, I became extremely detail-oriented and learned to liase with a number of teams - from legal, to finance, to sales and ad ops. The hardest part of the job is that I am pretty much always on call, as there can be campaigns that need to go live after hours that I am required to approve.
Pros
Free lunch, fun work environment, very business casual, everyone is happy
Cons
Must always be on standby for work
Great place!
Brand Strategy Graduate Intern (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 17, 2015
I would go back there anytime. Co workers are great, very qualified. There are a ton of perks and free things. I loved the role, it was very cool to meet fortune 500 companies
Great place to hone in on your skills
Sales (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAApril 18, 2015
Great team environment, where collaboration and being a part of the bigger picture was ingrained into the culture. I highly recommend being a part of the organization.
Pros
Great Food, smart and kind co-workers
Cons
Work picks up around the holidays
No work life balance in Finance. You really need to know how to manage your time and be very effective, proactive and efficient in order to successful
Senior Account Receivable Analyst- Contractor (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 25, 2015
A typical day at work will included meetings related to your deadline, continuation on improvements, deadlines, errors and future roll out of the Company's direction.

I learned from my peers and management is a deadline is a deadline and there's no exemptions. Continue to scale and meet demanding deadlines. The hardest part of my job is that it's demanding and not enough resources to scale with the growth of the company. You really need to know how to manage your time and be very effective, proactive and efficient in order to successful.

I enjoyed being around driven peers and how seasoned everyone was. The calibration and the quality of work that was produced.
Pros
Great employee amenities and very driven team.
Cons
High expectations, demanding deadlines and no work life balance. Lack of training resources.
Young, Fun, & Energetic company!
Procurement Specialist (RSI Contractor) (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 25, 2015
Awesome place to work. Has a phenomenal company culture centered around a work hard-play hard environment. It's a fun place to work at.
Pros
Free coffee, drinks, snacks, beer, daily breakfast & lunch
Cons
Long commute from Peninsula
Only food is good
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAFebruary 16, 2015
If you are working in Android or iOS most of the time you will be blocked by review comments of Seniors, if you are lucky and your seniors are approachable then good, otherwise you end up sending multiple patches to resolve reviews, and its stressful and unnecessary rework.

I think twitter need to work on building collaborative environment.
Twitter Had All Meals For Us....
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CANovember 4, 2014
But managment was poor and it was difficult being a contractor there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Twitter. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9