Two Men and a Truck®

Two Men and a Truck® Employer Reviews

Not worth working here unless you wanna lose some weight.
Mover (Former Employee), Clayton, OHDecember 9, 2014
No advancement really. Terrible pay for Hard work. Upper management sends you on a job or two for the day.
Horrible
Senior Move Consultant (Former Employee), Lansing, MIDecember 9, 2014
Pros: benefits, full time
Cons: no breaks, no support, no commission although its advertised
Management looks out for themselves, and does not care about the people below them. You work over 50 hours a week, with no breaks but a 30 minute lunch break. They constantly up your quota after meeting it until it's impossible to make any commission. They require you to network off hours, and refuse to compensate for it.
Moving Job
Mover/driver (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 28, 2014
Employees are not given a schedule. All employees required to show up daily to check job availability.
Productive and a fun place to work
Mover/Crew Leader (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCNovember 19, 2014
Pros: friendly and well organized
Cons: commute was too far
Every morning I would show up and everything I needed to know was laid out nice and neat for me. All I had to do was load up the truck with the equipment I needed and then I was ready to go
Okay temporary job
Mover (Former Employee), ChicagoNovember 14, 2014
Pros: tips & bonuses, workout, good co-workers
Cons: hours & schedule varies too much
My thoughts on Two Men is that it's an okay company. It's a big, nationwide company with a lot of franchises and offices. Summer time is very busy, so they're always looking for work. You can be a convicted felon and they will hire you because they need bodies. When I applied a year and a half ago, I got the job on the spot. No drug test either.

Compensation – more... is mediocre, the tips are what make the job worth it and they do offer bonuses for job performance monthly, the bonuses range from $20 to $280 all dependent on customer reviews. It's a good summer job because that's when they hire and that's the time where you get hours.

The schedule is day to day, always changing so good luck making plans with friends. Managers are pretty laid back, they actually liked me, and not everyone does. They don't even care if you smoke weed in the truck really, but if they don't like you, they will drug test you.

High turnover because of the physical nature of the job, but some guys have been there forever. They seem to be one of those companies that hire from within. It's a good job to have while you look for something better. Sorry for the long review.

Oh one more thing, before you leave the company, make sure they are clear on the date you leave. My advice is to get it done in writing because the bosses are so swamped that they will forget when you say you're leaving. When I quit they thought I gave them no notice, even when I did give them the 2 week. I got my paycheck docked for that. – less
absolutely horrendous!!
driver/mover (Former Employee), Arlington, Jacksonville FloridaNovember 14, 2014
Pros: you can get tips if they want to give you the jobs that are going to give tips for!
Cons: everything about the company is a con! i swear on everything!
The location in Jacksonville Florida is completely horrible, first of all they violate every dot guideline possible... secondly they charge customers 115.00 an hr for services excluding the 115.00 travel fee but only pay 9.00 per hr! It's modern day slavery! And they never pay you correctly, also they make you get to work get your assignment load the – more... truck with equipment, fuel the truck and much more without paying you for that, the owners are alcoholics and don't dare work overtime because anything over 40hrs they will write out a personal check for the difference and they don't pay time and a half just straight 9.00 per hr no matter how many hrs you work, no benefits but they want you to carry 100+ lbs up stairs don't have half the necessary equipment for you to avoid injuries... I can go on and on... If you're desperate for a job go ahead but DON'T SAY I DIDN'T WARN YOU!!! – less
This job sucked
Mover/Laborer (Former Employee), Wilmington, NCNovember 4, 2014
Cons: long days, terrible pay
I pick up and move peoples furniture all day. Worked way too hard and didn't get paid enough my entire time there. That's why I no longer work for this company
Good group of guys
Driver/Mover (Current Employee), Columbus, OHOctober 30, 2014
Cut hours in winter time.good group of guys. Work hard don't break stuff and treat the customer right and tips will come your way
Get In Where You Fit In
Professional Driver/Mover/Packer (Former Employee), Lexington, Ky.October 27, 2014
Pros: tips, furniture, free breakfast/lunch/dinner, workout
Cons: stingy with pay, no room for moving up in the company, poor management
I've Been Dedicated To This Job For Years. Manager After Manager, Things Tend To Get Worse. Things Are No Different Here. No Job Security. Penny Pinching Management. None Of The Workers Get The Compensation They Deserve.
Terrible place
Mover (Former Employee), OhioOctober 20, 2014
Pros: some cool dudes
Cons: everything else
Went in for my interview and was fed this info-

-normal days are 8-5
--couple problems, you get there at 8 but don't get paid until you are on your truck and going to first customer (9, didnt matter if you left early or not)
--5 if you were lucky, some days were cool and 2-3 jobs could be done by as early as 3. first day was til 10pm, 2nd to 9pm... – more... that is not 5... it kept like that regularly

also this-
- we encourage friendly coworking
--if you screwed even the smallest thing up (even as a new guy) the old timers would freak like you smashed a mirror
-- most of the damages i saw were attempted to be hidden, or passed off on the new guy (usually me)

here is more-
-they encourage safe working conditions and communication
-- if you consider people not putting boxes together correctly, so stuff falls out on you or guys getting mad when you cant read their minds then yes that is correct.

my favorite part!-
-this is a drug free environment
--yeah you only say that, I was not there long (a month or so) and 5 times... i repeat FIVE times, my driver, the other mover, and once both, would smoke weed regularly. 9:15am and the driver and other mover are lighting up before the first job, and I am stuck between them?? there is a reason that I was not there long.

don't get me wrong, it was steady work, sometimes fun. some of the guys working there are really cool guys. but the rest of the issues severely outweigh that.. – less
Ever changing work day
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Lansing, MIOctober 15, 2014
The company has great values. There is training available. I learned how to multi manage many issues at once.
Learned a lot while there
Office Manager (Former Employee), Greensboro, NCOctober 11, 2014
Heavy workload for an office manager. The hardest part of the job is the high turnover rate. As Human Resources Administrator, it seemed a revolving door of employees. Such is the nature of the business.
great place
Driver/Mover (Former Employee), San Diego, CAOctober 10, 2014
Got to learn so much while working with them. When you get to work you get your truck ready get your paper work. To work here you have to be a team player know how to work fast and work with out having any mess ups you are working with peoples things
Office Environment
CSR (Former Employee), Lexington, KYOctober 4, 2014
Pros: small office enviroment
Cons: no or limited benefits, office drama
Overall, a typical office environment. This office lacked good procedures for the day to day flow of the job. Equipment provided was sadly lacking and made it difficult to perform basic job functions day to day. Management was somewhat laid back and did not always deal with issues effectively and efficiently. A little too much drama in the workplace.
The – more... hardest part of the job was dealing with difficult customers.
The most enjoyable part was assisting customers with their moving needs. – less
Excellent Employer
Assistant Manager/Dispatcher (Former Employee), Dallas, TXSeptember 23, 2014
I would definitely recommend them as an employer. It is a fun work environment, and a solid team.
Review
Mover/Packer (Former Employee), Livonia, MISeptember 21, 2014
Not my best job. worked seasonal. not bad work but low pay. Its a kids job.
the most enjoyable part of the job
mover (Current Employee), pooler, GASeptember 10, 2014
Meeting new people everyday and traveling from state to state.
management is terrible. nothing ever planned. they want you to be punctual however management rigs everything with duck tape.
Mover/Driver (Former Employee), Dallas, GASeptember 4, 2014
Pros: tips fun with the co workers.
Cons: management needs to be replaced.
They don't take care of their employees. Management not well put together and many complaints to the better business beaureu have been placed. Favoritism is how hours are dispersed and the management is nothing like the real tmt in Atlanta.
horrible company to work for.
Mover (Former Employee), St. Louis, MOSeptember 2, 2014
Cons: no healthcare
I worked 15 hour days and did not get paid for all my hours and days. I tried to fix the pay issue with the manager but no luck.
Fantastic Work Atmosphere
Human Resources / Recruiting Intern (Former Employee), Lansing, MISeptember 2, 2014
An enjoyable company to work for with great people. The story of the company is a true example of the American dream. Starting out small and continuing to grow every day.

1 2 3 4 5

About Two Men and a Truck®

At TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® our core purpose is to move people forward. We move people personally and professionally. In fact, – Read more

Two Men and a Truck® Photos