TWO MEN AND A TRUCK®

TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® Employer Reviews

Terrible place to work.
Mover (Former Employee), Lakeland flApril 4, 2014
A piece of junk job you are a trainer and you get freaking talked about and mistreated and no help while everyone else is just sitting on there butts and texting when they are freaking not suppose to so your stupid if you apply here thanks.
Great summer job with good pay
Diver/Mover (Former Employee), Tuscaloosa, ALMarch 27, 2014
Pros: money
Cons: long work days
As a mover at Two Men And A Truck you will be moving furniture and other items for companies and residential homes. Requires someone to have the capability of moving heavy objects and working manual labor for several hours at a time.

You need to get to know management so that you can ensure you get the amount of hours you want but in the really busy – more... periods you will be required to work all day.

The pay is good and the work isn't to bad, but it takes a motivated person to do this job. The more motivated you are the better your experience and pay will be.

Oh and on top of your hourly wage you normally get decent tips. – less
Intense dedicated work, likable people.
Mover (Former Employee), Kent, WAMarch 22, 2014
Pros: get to see lots of living spaces, excellent workout, personal connection with customers, possibly great tips
Cons: highly physical, must stand commuting a lot, many very heavy objects.
Arriving at 6:30 am, we start the day by making sure the moving trucks are clean and restock any supplies needed from the warehouse before heading to the customer's residence and completing the task they requested. The job varied from day to day and could be anything from packing an entire apartment to move to a house, or emptying/filling a storage – more... container, to moving a couch from one floor to another. Time is limited so you have to work fast but also be considerate of peoples belongings, and the spaces you are entering.
Everyone at the company helps out when there's a large workload, and the dedication to being the best is admirable. there is definitely a healthy competitive spirit at the company, And it shows in the workforce. If you can keep pace with the breakneck speed and high quality workmanship, it is a great place to work. – less
Easy Work
Mover/Driver (Former Employee), Carrollton, TXMarch 18, 2014
Overall the job was a pretty easy job if you're used to labor jobs. The tips were great also.
Two Men is a great college job, very beneficial
Mover/Packer (Current Employee), Huntsville,ALMarch 12, 2014
Pros: great pay, great co-workers
Cons: long hours, physical stress, extreme weather
TMT has been a great place to work. The pay is very good, and typically the co-workers are great. The work is hard, honest work. You lift furniture and boxes all day and sometimes you do this in a difficult environment. By difficult, I mean, extremely hot, rain, freezing rain, lighting, any hazardous weather, extreme hills, tons of steps, and so on. – more... This being said the people that work there are top notch and make the job enjoyable. The management does a decent job at working with my needs and giving me the hours that I need to survive. The hardest part of the job is the constant physical stress on the body, but one of the biggest perks is the camaraderie that there is amongst the guys. – less
Failed promises and favoritism
Mover (Former Employee), NashvilleMarch 12, 2014
Pros: the monetary incentives from the customers
Cons: favoritism, work schedule, management vs. workers environment
There is no guaranteed amount of hours even though when at the interview I had been told that it would be close to 40 hours. It seems glamorous with the amount of hours one is told will be working and the "idea" of tips. The truth is that the schedule is ridiculous, they have a schedule line that one must call the day before and they update it with – more... the schedule of all the employees. The hours are placed on the schedule line at 5:00 PM. It is impossible for people to live like this for you never know what your week will look like. When I first started it was made to seem that I would have close to 40 hours and as the weeks progressed the hours just kept on lowering.

There were a few weeks in which less than 20 hours were given to most. Favoritism is a huge problem there and the ones that the managers favor will be receiving the better side of the hours. The hard work is not the problem for most, it is the failed promises by the management, the ridiculous work schedule that makes it impossible to live off, and the favoritism giving by the unprofessional management.

A few meetings were held in which the management threatened the employees by in a devious way informing all that if the assistant manager was angered by one of the employees or any other management type was angered that they would search for a reason to replace you. Once the search began for a reason to replace you then it will be found and those are the exact words of one of the managers.

All in all, the long hours and the heavy lifting are not the problem with the company for what does one expect when being employed by a moving company. It is the management that is the problem, the hostile work environment that has been produced by their threats and I must inform you that they will be kept, the favoritism, the ridiculous work schedule in which you only know the day before. It is a typical management vs. movers situation. – less
High stress, fast paced work. If you don't want to work harder than you ever have before, don't apply.
Mover/Driver (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 10, 2014
Pros: if you put in your best effort, you will make more money through tips. also you will be in the best shape of your life.
Cons: fourteen hour days happen and they are always hard. working 6 days a week is taxing.
Company policy was to run 50% of the time. They will only hire young males because anyone else would not have the speed, strength, endurance, and durability to keep up with the rigorous nature of this job. They have to hire most people who come in who are athletic and have a clean record so not all co-workers are intelligent, but they are all hard working – more... as anyone without a good work ethic quits within the first few weeks. – less
great crew
mover, dispatcher, Manager (Former Employee), Holland, MIFebruary 18, 2014
maybe if the owner put mor effort into his own company it would generate 2 mil a year
Great company to work for
Office Manager (Former Employee), Orlando, FLFebruary 17, 2014
Every office is independently owned and operated which I believe makes for an easier work environment. It is a fast paste but really enjoyable place to work.
Bad company
Mover (Former Employee), Elkhart, INJanuary 29, 2014
Pros: learned to move stuff to right way.
Cons: i feel cheated.
I was hired in 19 years old and the company knew my age and I worked there for 3 weeks and after they called me into the office terminated me because I was not 21 years old. I asked them why they hired me when they knew I was 19 and they had no answer. I liked the job but guess I just was hired until they could find people to work there.
summer job
Mover (Former Employee), Plainfield, ILJanuary 22, 2014
Pros: tips
Cons: no lunch
Moving people from one town to another. team lift with other people to get heavy items out the house
Don't waste your life
Junior manager (Former Employee), Columbus, OHJanuary 21, 2014
Pros: anyone can get a job, they hire everyone because they fire them quickly
Cons: a lot: favoritism from management, lack of organization, promises and more promises, huge waste of time
Don't even think about it! They'll promise but never deliver. You'll be miserable and they'll just fire you.
bad management and compensation
Mover/Driver (Former Employee), San Diego, CAJanuary 12, 2014
on a good day there would be a big move and a nice tip, but on most days it was short moves and no tip. the company is very professional but i feel like the management was inadequate at doing their job. on busy days we wouldn't have enough guys for all the moves and every other day of the week there would be like 1 or 2 moves a day and that's not enough – more... to keep guys. we constantly lost people do to the lack of work and benefits. – less
Mover
Driver (Former Employee), Springfield, MOJanuary 11, 2014
Packed and moved businesses and residential houses. In state and out of state.
Flexible work schedule, overtime offered if needed, Overall great company
Mover/Driver (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 7, 2014
I enjoyed working here, the staff are great. Productive environment did some traveling out of state. Clients work some times give us monetary gifts. I work recommend this place to anyone for a place in employment.
Two Men And A Truck ; Productive Work
Mover (Former Employee), Tulsa, OKJanuary 6, 2014
Pros: greatful, respectful customers
Cons: hard moves
We were pretty productive in our workplace , we joked around a little , but we always made sure the job was down , Two Men And A Truck , is a awesome place to work . Just wish I could have still been there , .
Very fun, easiest job
Driver/ Mover (Former Employee), Lansing, MIJanuary 5, 2014
Made a lot of friends. Great summer job and good for part time.
great money, emotional managment
Mover/Driver (Former Employee), Altamonte Springs, FLDecember 20, 2013
great pay plus tips and free furniture, but the company sucks. the office is ran by women so they make emotional decisions when it comes to the amount of hours an employee works. They dont have a effective book keeper because the company gives verbal pay raises, and the employee wont get the actual raise until the employee complains about their pay – more... a couple times. – less
A fast paced energetic atomsphere where hardwork and good work ethic are smiled upon.
Mover/Packer (Former Employee), Mesa, AZNovember 25, 2013
Pros: flexible schedule, allowed me to maintain personal fitness goals
Cons: no guaranteed hours
During my time at this company I learned to interact face to face with clients/customers in a respectable and polite manner. Normally I would go over paper work with client before starting the move to be sure the client was updated on all procedures and to insure any item that the client may or may not want to have insured. Then I pad and wrap all the – more... furniture to avoid damages and packed the truck in a safe manner so it does not shift during travel. Once at the desired location me and my partner would unload the truck and place furniture in the place of the clients preference. – less
Very Productive
Laborer (Former Employee), Plainfield, ILNovember 20, 2013
Pros: great workplace
Cons: warehouse was very hot at times
The managers were sufficient at their jobs they taught me what i needed to know about the jobs tasks i learned how to pick orders by numbers the co-workers were enjoyable not hard work besides having to carry some heave appliances, the most enjoyable part of the job was the people who appreciated the job you did for them.

1 2 3 4 5

About TWO MEN AND A TRUCK®

At TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® our core purpose is to move people forward. We move people personally and professionally. In fact, – Read more

TWO MEN AND A TRUCK® Photos