Two Men and a Truck® Employee Reviews in United States

Over worked and underpaid greatly
Driver/Mover (Former Employee) –  Rockville, MDAugust 23, 2016
Two men and a truck advertise $16 to $30hr. Keyword advertise however the base pay is $10hr for driver/movers they give you a $2 bonus for coming to work in uniform and the other $4 bonus comes if you get a high reply card from the people you move. Sounds promising right? yeah it did. But what happen was... about 60- 70% of their customers can't afford the service or think that we are human machines they pay $150- $190hr $150 for two men $190 for three. A tip for those drivers who's starting out... If a customer is acting rushy with a time estimate of 2- 4hrs but since 2 men and a truck dont hire estimators to really go out and estimate how many hours it really will take and it's really an 8- 10hr job, immediately make them fill out a liability form for all their items so if anything gets damaged it won't come out your pay check, I learned the hard way and call your supervisor and let him know that it's a 8hr move and not 2- 4hr move. I work roughly 70hrs, I did not receive no bonus because customers like these try everything possible to get every dollar they can taken off their bill by complaining "they took to long*. and damages it's a 100% damage chance on moves like this, damages all comes out of your check. So 70hrs ×? $10?$12?$14$16?... drum roll please.......$10 minus taxes minus damages equal you basically worked for free. Management tend to expect way to much from their workers and that uniform bonus should be automatic knowing we are completing our jobs while knowing these rude indecent customers are not going to give us a well deserved score and this is why  more... people quit for all the above.  less
Pros
Tips when they do give them.
Cons
Just about the entire setup of working there.
productive
Mover/Packer (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COAugust 13, 2016
i did not receive the amount of hours i would have. they have a great training program that i gaind a lot of experience from. one of the hardest parts of my job was getting a gun safe or grand piano, this usally means we need more men for the heavier items.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Not enough hours
Hit or miss
Assistant Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 13, 2016
An average day at Two Men and A Truck in upper management is anything but average. It starts off with a chaotic dispatch in the morning of the guys. Sometimes the guys show up, sometimes they don't. They aren't reprimanded so you never know if you will have enough guys to get the jobs done. There is no such thing as work/life balance. I was working 80-100 hours a week. 7:00am-7:00pm and then get home and do more work til midnight or later. They also don't provide you your own computer, YOU do! After only getting 2-3 hours of sleep a night for nine months, I left the job.
fun while working
Ops Manager/Driver/Mover (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYAugust 12, 2016
the work place had too many cheifs and not enough indians. This company had a problem in management there was a lot of finger pointing and not enough accepting responsibility.
Good Place
Mover/Packer (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILAugust 9, 2016
Great place to work. This packing company was located in Atlanta,GA. I appreciate the opportunity and look forward to more Warehouse work.
Two Men and A Truck
Mover/Packer (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIAugust 8, 2016
This place is excellent for being physical with hands on duties everyday. I had to change my diet for it because the heat and sweat of working so hard. its for strong minded and physical people but overall it was fun for a summer job.
A lot of hidden things
Mover/Packer (Former Employee) –  Carol Stream, ILAugust 6, 2016
You will not start off at 13-15 dollars an hour. And damages are taken out of the entire's moving teams check, and if you get too many damages no end of the month bonus! (even if it wasn't you who personally caused it).
Pros
Meet SOME nice people
Cons
money
Worst job ever, talk about underpaid.
Mover (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAAugust 4, 2016
I worked for these guys for a few days and quit. These guys wanted to use some plastic to wrap furniture then they carry it long distance around tight corners onto a truck walking backwards up and down a ramp secure it and somehow stack everything to the top even though it was unsafe. Drive to the location unload it how the customer wanted it and unwrap the furniture, then rearrange the truck. Paid me 11 dollars an hour and send 3 of us on a job that took us like 4-8 hours but it was nothing but heavy lifting and no set schedule only once a week sometimes. No medical benefits, managers look sketchy. I was driving 1 hour daily to get to work and 1 hour back and trying to support a family and my paychecks were mainly spent on the gas. Not to mention i pulled a nerve lifting the heavy furniture. The ad promised 20 dollars an hour and i as well as my co workers were all making 11 an hour
Pros
Travel, meeting people, free lunch
Cons
Heavy lifting, no benefits, no set schedual, not enough hours
Great work Enviroment
Mover/Driver (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 2, 2016
Moving isn't easy but as long as you keep that in mind it can be fun. The management is awesome always willing to help. the best part of the day is knowing you have helped some one with a tuff day and made a difficult task much easier for them.
Pros
Good tips And get a paid workout
Cons
Physically demanding
Fun, friendly, work enviornment with many cool people.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIJuly 25, 2016
Working at Two Men and A Truck was one of the best jobs I've had. Everyone there was really cool and it seemed as if everyone got along great. We'd all get there around 8am everyday to start the work day. It wasn't like a 9am-5pm job or anything close to that. Workers would show up at 8am and you wouldn't get to leave until you finished moving a house/houses. Everyone was on the same page and understood what needed to be done. The hardest part about working there was the offices flexibility on hours.
Pros
Lunch, Breaks, People
Cons
Rarley any days off, long work days.
Tough Rewarding and Hard work
Mover (Former Employee) –  Broken Arrow, OKJuly 24, 2016
It was a great experience working for one of the best moving companies around. They provided great pay and long hours and always had work for you to do.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Can be a challenge sometimes
fun work place
Lead Driver (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJuly 13, 2016
Learned a lot, traveled a lot, met good people, this job required a lot of customer skills, and strength. Have to know your way around moving furniture the smart way not the hard way it pays off in the long run.
Dishonest
Driver (Current Employee) –  Woburn, MAJuly 13, 2016
Not a great work environment, dishonest management and very low pay. late dispatches with short work day. not enough hours for the week.
Productive and fun
Mover (Former Employee) –  Redding, CAJuly 11, 2016
Again awesome people great place to work , hard working people, great bosses, good salary, temporary job
Worst job i have ever had
Mover (Current Employee) –  ChicJuly 8, 2016
Horrible place to work i was a mover, supervisor kept all the tips, severly undermanned on big jobs, moving heavy delicate furniture up flights of stairs, walking backwards. Lack of equipment for the jobs, high injury chances and NO benefits.

Lack of respect and poor management skills on part of the managers. Never a set schedule, some days work 4 hours other 13 hours. Last moment notifications on your schedule for the next day. Horrible minimum wage pay, checks not enough to support yourself much less a family.

The people were great people and i felt sorry how much a move they were being charged by this scamming company while the movers made like $100 a day or less on $1,500 moves.
Pros
Free lunch and drinks from customers, tips that the supervisor kept
Cons
Poor management, heavy labor, injury, no benefits, unstable work hours, bad pay for hard labor.
Good Company Poor Management
Relocation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEJune 23, 2016
I love the company and what it stands for. However this location there is to much favoritism. If you aren't kissing the backside of management you aren't going to advance in the company.
Pros
You get to make a difference in someone's life by doing your job
Cons
The management at this Location
Fun job and great work out
Mover (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DEJune 20, 2016
Pretty much the job consists of going to the shop preparing for the moves of the day and go to the locations. Do walk through the move sites and then pack everything. After this its time to travel into the new location and unload everything upon the customers preference.
A very pleasant place to work
Office Assistant sales (Former Employee) –  West Chester, OHJune 19, 2016
I loved the job and the local manager of the location. No benefits, pay was lacking and no vacation or holiday compensation.
I would go back to work for Two Men!!!!
Mover/Packer (Former Employee) –  Garland, TXJune 14, 2016
Its a great place to work!!! I had some amazing co-workers and a nice management staff. My first day I worked 12 hours and got a $100 tip.
Pros
I loved going on the long distance trips. I loved meeting two or three customers a day.
Cons
Working in snow!!!
Good Comradery
Driver/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 12, 2016
It's a fun job, if you like long hours and hard work. Would not recommend for anyone who isn't available from 6am-12am Mon-Sat.
Pros
Quick Advancement
Cons
Scheduling, Hours, How the Calculate Hours

2.8