Two Men and a Truck® Employee Reviews

It's an OK job, but certainly not the best
Driver/Laborer (Former Employee) –  IndianaJanuary 4, 2017
If you're into getting in some shape and working with new people and traveling thats where this job isn't so bad. The pay is decent if you get enough "score cards" from the customers satisfaction you get raises (as much as $15 an hr) If you have a family you have to take of and/or you have a temper problem than this job might not work out for you. It is alot of hard work but customers have given really good tips. Another bad thing (as there is more negative than positive sides to the job) is that the company only gives you a daily schedule unless it's a long trip, which then they let you know a few days in advance. Otherwise you only know where you're going for the day that morning so don't expecting a solid reliable schedule AT ALL.
Pros
Pay can be ok depending how hard you work, travel, meet new people
Cons
Hard work, long hours, no schedule, you pay for damages, no communication, stress levels can be high
A good job for a student. not so much as a graduate or a full tie employment
Mover/Driver (Former Employee) –  Bristol, PADecember 29, 2016
The work is Highly seasonal, a very good arrangement with flexible scheduling for a college student. Not a good job after Graduation hours become nearly nonexistent in winter, no benefits, definitely not a a way to make a living if it is to be your primary job. Days start at 7am and go till whenever, could be done at 10am or might not get done till 9pm. Schedule is not put out till the day before, and sometimes does not get posted till extremely late. You have to be very careful with keeping track of your hours and they do not do direct deposit.
Pros
Flexible schedule, Tips, interesting work.
Cons
Seasonal, no benefits, inconsistent scheduling
Worst job i have ever had
Mover (Current Employee) –  ChicJuly 8, 2016
Horrible place to work i was a mover, supervisor kept all the tips, severly undermanned on big jobs, moving heavy delicate furniture up flights of stairs, walking backwards. Lack of equipment for the jobs, high injury chances and NO benefits.

Lack of respect and poor management skills on part of the managers. Never a set schedule, some days work 4 hours other 13 hours. Last moment notifications on your schedule for the next day. Horrible minimum wage pay, checks not enough to support yourself much less a family.

The people were great people and i felt sorry how much a move they were being charged by this scamming company while the movers made like $100 a day or less on $1,500 moves.
Pros
Free lunch and drinks from customers, tips that the supervisor kept
Cons
Poor management, heavy labor, injury, no benefits, unstable work hours, bad pay for hard labor.
Fast paced
Mover (Former Employee) –  Cedar Rapids, IAJanuary 15, 2017
Loading a truck fast and efficiently, stacking everything so its safe.

Being able to fill every space possible on the truck.

Going to the unload, placing everything where the customer wants it.

Poor management, never once had a correct estimate.

The hardest part was all the heavy lifting.

Going out of state for a move seeing new scenery.
Pros
Tips
Cons
No benefits, paying out of pocket for damages
Hard Work with Little Reward
MOVER/TEAM LEADER (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJanuary 8, 2017
Moving other people's stuff is a high stress job. Two Men and a Truck don't cover their employees nor offer any health benefits for a job that puts serious demands on one's body. Management overbooks their employees and customers routinely misjudge the amount of stuff they actually have.
Pros
Work Out
Cons
Low Pay, Health hazard, no benefits
Worst job ever, talk about underpaid.
Mover (Former Employee) –  Simi Valley, CAAugust 4, 2016
I worked for these guys for a few days and quit. These guys wanted to use some plastic to wrap furniture then they carry it long distance around tight corners onto a truck walking backwards up and down a ramp secure it and somehow stack everything to the top even though it was unsafe. Drive to the location unload it how the customer wanted it and unwrap the furniture, then rearrange the truck. Paid me 11 dollars an hour and send 3 of us on a job that took us like 4-8 hours but it was nothing but heavy lifting and no set schedule only once a week sometimes. No medical benefits, managers look sketchy. I was driving 1 hour daily to get to work and 1 hour back and trying to support a family and my paychecks were mainly spent on the gas. Not to mention i pulled a nerve lifting the heavy furniture. The ad promised 20 dollars an hour and i as well as my co workers were all making 11 an hour
Pros
Travel, meeting people, free lunch
Cons
Heavy lifting, no benefits, no set schedual, not enough hours

Comment – November 16, 2016

Thank you for your leaving us a review on your time with our company. We understand moving can be a tough job, and often requires carrying heavy items in a variety of situations. Many franchises are working on areas you mentioned, such as providing a schedule in advance and offering medical benefits to their teams. We appreciate your hard work and hope you’ve found a new opportunity closer to home!

You'd be better off as a homeless person
Mover/Driver (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MIDecember 16, 2016
The pay sucks you only get paid from job to job not from when you arrive and return to office... no communication what so ever you do your best an it's still not worth it.. I'd advice that you'd be better off holding a sign on the side of the road.
Pros
Great employees (drivers/movers) meet amazing customers
Cons
Not enough pay for what you actually work no benefits at all just plain not worth wasting your time
Company itself is good but some of the Franchise locations are horrible
Field Trainer (Current Employee) –  Memphis, TNJanuary 10, 2017
Management does not offer adequate compensation for non- move time

Expenses associated with out of town moves are paid by employees

Jobs are not always scheduled to allow work/ life balance
positive hard working atmosphere
Truck Driver Class B (Former Employee) –  Des Plaines, ILJanuary 6, 2017
Company teaches importance of time management and customer service skills. Provided customer care and billing resolutions on-site. Company provides growth opportunities.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
daily schedule changes
Love this job.
Mover/Packer (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCNovember 30, 2016
I loved this jobs, we learned how to lift boxes and dressers by using the 45° angle technique. I had drive test on road truck drive test with a clearance of 16'
Pros
Free insurance
Cons
Breaks/benefits

Comment – January 17, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We’re so glad to hear you loved your role as a mover/packer and learned great driving and moving skills. We appreciate your contribution to the team!

Want to know more about Two Men and a Truck®?

Ask a question
It is a physicly demanding job
Mover/Packer (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 20, 2016
I logged in high school and This was harder expect to work in all sorts of places with barely compensation and no relaxation managers act as if they are a class above you
It's a great place to grow within a company and move up when it comes to management.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXDecember 18, 2016
I can't speak for everybody else but the hours were a bit overwhelming compared to what I actually was getting paid. It also is a job were people who aren't actually in management still managed to micromanage you as an employee.
Pros
Commission, tips
Cons
Short breaks, long hours
Professional movers
Professional Mover (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 12, 2016
I enjoyed some days working for this moving company. They are one the best in the area. Very professional. The way they work, dress everything! The only thing I didn't like was my hours.
Pros
Tips
Cons
Salary
Worst Job Ever
Mover/Driver (Former Employee) –  Findlay, OHApril 9, 2016
We never had the equipment we needed. We got called in at the last minute when we were promised a day off. That physical of a job and we had no benefits to speak of and for ten dollars an hour I could find something less stressful that I wouldn't have to pay for damages out of my check if something was accidentally broken. My co-workers were great, however my boss had little leadership skills nor did he even know that a diesel engine runs on a 24 volt system so trying to jump start on the the trucks was simply embarrassing on his part.
Pros
Overtime and tips
Cons
No benefits, little pay, long hours away from home
Production
Driver (Former Employee) –  Stockbridge, GAOctober 1, 2016
Good job, there was work 7 days a week. Good was ok pay with good tips as well. Bad sometimes be out moving all day get nothing done in off times and partial benefits
The Drivers and movers are excellent, but the management is terrible.
Mover (Former Employee) –  Rochester Hills, MIDecember 30, 2016
The office doesn't care about it's employees, you can work a 16 hour day moving heavy furniture and they will still expect you to show up the next day. And if you don't show up they will cut your hours for the next couple weeks. They don't tell you if your working till 6:00 pm everyday. No set schedules. But if your in college or just looking for a summer job, it's a decent place to work at. But it's not a career or full time job.
Pros
Tips, great co workers, see something new everyday
Cons
Office, management, bad pay for what you do
Need new managers
Driver (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COJanuary 6, 2017
I was a very hard working employee that got fired for a pole that holds up a extension cords to plug trucks in during the winter. It was a very windy day/night and the wind knocked it down. I was blamed for knocking it down and let go because of it when I never hit it. They compared it to being in the field, which was stupid. If I was in the field my co-worker would of lead me in the backing up process but since we park our trucks in a open field there was no need for a spotter. Horrible management hopefully they have hired someone else by now.
Pros
Cons
horrible management
Fun, enjoyable, productive workplace
Mover (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJune 11, 2016
Every day was a new experience because you never knew what the customer would want you to move, Sometimes you'd work for 2 hours sometimes it'd even be 14 hour days. I can't recommend the job to everyone unless your willing to work your tail off for 6 days of the week
Pros
Tips, Free lunch, Decent breaks
Cons
No health insurance benefits
Digging holes for an outhouse is better than this company
Mover/Driver (Former Employee) –  Columbus gaJanuary 14, 2017
DO NOT TREAT CUSTOMERS right so why would I think they would be fair with me. Low pay, long hours, bad pre info about upcoming move..weekends without extra pay..no clear management.. And the list goes on..
Pros
It's a job
Cons
See explanation above
Hit or miss
Assistant Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCAugust 13, 2016
An average day at Two Men and A Truck in upper management is anything but average. It starts off with a chaotic dispatch in the morning of the guys. Sometimes the guys show up, sometimes they don't. They aren't reprimanded so you never know if you will have enough guys to get the jobs done. There is no such thing as work/life balance. I was working 80-100 hours a week. 7:00am-7:00pm and then get home and do more work til midnight or later. They also don't provide you your own computer, YOU do! After only getting 2-3 hours of sleep a night for nine months, I left the job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Two Men and a Truck®. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9