TX Land and Cattle

TX Land and Cattle Employer Reviews

Good ol' steak house
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee), Houston, TXAugust 21, 2014
Pros: tips
Cons: dropping trays on people
Started off as a hostess. This was my first restaurant job. I went from a hostess to a waitress, learned the menu, got a little waiting experience and ended up being pregnant and was getting morning sickness and couldn't lift the trays anymore so i quit.
Busy Restaurant
Waitress/ Hostess (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 18, 2014
Good managers and co-workers. It is very busy in the summer. Perfect location right off the highway and near hotels.
Easy going
Bartender/Lead Certified Trainer (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXApril 15, 2014
Pros: support from management
Cons: employee spats
I advanced quickly. Management awarded employees according to work ethic rather than seniority. Firm management skills.
Productive fun environment
Director of Marketing (Current Employee), Plano, TXFebruary 27, 2014
Pros: development of texas based brands and exciting marketing programs
Manage a three person marketing team along with advertising agency partners. Responsible for research, brand development, positioning and all promotional development. Linking sales to advertising efforts to refine vehicle selection driving traffic and sales. Also, reviewed and recommended changes in food costs to maximize profits and revenue.
Everyone is Family!!
Shift Leader/ Server/ Hostess (Former Employee), Concord, NCOctober 18, 2013
Pros: discounts
Cons: never a paycheck, only cash
Fast pace, great management, caring people, guests that become regulars and knowing your life story, I learned knowledge on management, wine, handling tough situations.
Constantly multitasking and exceeding quality goals.
Server (Current Employee), Houston, TXSeptember 30, 2013
A typical day would include maintenance of facility and ensuring the highest level of service is being provided.
I have learned to think on a fast paced level and to react quickly in order to resolve issues.
The management and sever team at Texas Land and cattle does an excellent job facilitating guests needs and ensuring a high quality environment.
The – more... hardest part of the job may include the long hours, but this is also a benefit because returning guests will recognize your presence and hard work.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to interact with such a spectrum of people types and personalities on a daily basis, and to recognize myself for all that I have contributed towards the company. – less
Busy restaurant; low quality food
Server/Trainer (Former Employee), Austin, TXSeptember 25, 2013
Very busy and unorganized restaurant; co-workers and some management are friendly and make the job better. Make good money and can advance if opportunities are available. Good starter job.
Great place to work at , with great people
Server (Current Employee), Irving, TXAugust 26, 2013
Pros: 50 percent off food.
Cons: short shifts
Your typical day was short, but you work many shifts and many days a week. Overall the place and people there were outstanding, but the restaurant business was not for me. Management always pushed you to do your best, and the other servers were awesome team mates.
Hardest part of the job was the fact that lunches, or dinners were short you often had – more... to do doubles through out the week just to meet ends meet. – less
n/a
Server/Hostess (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCJune 28, 2013
Pros: learning fine dining experience
Cons: not much room for growth.
This place was a very nice place to work. everyone was very close to each other, which made for a very comfortable work place. I learned a lot about the food industry and was able to put a lot of what I learned in school to the test and apply it to every day life.
great food and great prices
Shift Leader (Current Employee), dallas.txJune 17, 2013
Pros: free lunch when you shift lead
Cons: not enough money
ive learned a lot from this company great place to work...great food andnot too bad for prices
good place to work
Waitress (Former Employee), Houston, TXJune 4, 2013
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
The people you work with are great. Everyone had a chance to better themselves and move up in the company.
Fun co-workers, good food, depressing job with zero room for advancement
Waiter (Current Employee), Dallas, TXApril 16, 2013
Pros: 50% off actually good food
Cons: severely under-staffed, unprofessional management, poor scheduling practices
Managers treat you like a child rather than an adult, regularly fail to honor availability when creating schedules (posted at a different time each week, sometimes just 12 hours before you're first shift on the new schedule), very understaffed so everyone is overworked, no room for advancement *at all*, focus is only on strict adherence to corporate – more... slogans and constant new procedures at the expense of the employees and quality of customer service. – less
Beautiful facility and overall appearance
Server (Former Employee), Plano, TXMarch 24, 2013
Great place to serve people and grow as a person with a team that will support through any hardships that you are having in your life.
Host
Host (Former Employee), Bedford, TXFebruary 13, 2013
Duties included greeting guest, escorting guest to tables, supervise and coordinate activities of dining room, Supervise personnel to provide fast and courteous service to patrons, schedule dinning reservations and arrange parties or special dinners, Discharge dining room personnel, and to inspect dining room for cleanliness and neatness.
Fun workplace, no money to be made though.
Trainer, Shift Leader, Bartender, Server (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 7, 2013
Basic table waiting service, but the staff was amazing. Everyone was very fun to work with and helped each other out.
Management does not practice what they preach
MANAGER (Former Employee), TXJanuary 8, 2013
Pros: free food
Cons: everthing else
There is no clear path for advancement. Management will lie to your face, and is only interested in keeping everyone in line with empty promises.
Great learning job.
Server (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXNovember 27, 2012
This is a great job for anyone wanting to learn about serving or the restaurant business. They worked with my schedule, but the mangers didn't seem to care about the employess.
Typical waitress job
Waitress (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXOctober 20, 2012
Pros: discounted lunches, great people, earning a respect for waiters.
Cons: dealing with rude people.
A typical day would be coming in early to open and get everything ready and prepped in the kitchen for the rest of the waiters. Take people's orders and serve their food.

I learned about steaks and what all it really takes to run a restaurant.

The management was great, very friendly and helpful.

My co-workers were great as well, everyone got along – more... and helped out when needed.

The hardest part of my job would be dealing with those people that complain to try and get meals for free when there would be nothing wrong with the service. Also, getting a terrible tip even when there were no complaints and my service was perfect.

The most enjoyable would be the people I worked with, getting the experience and being able to enjoy their food on my lunch breaks. – less
Great Job
Server (Former Employee), Bedford, TXOctober 2, 2012
I really enjoyed working for this company. There were days that it didn't even seem like work really. I made pretty good money and the hours were pretty flexible. The only issue I had was with one of the managers.
Little room for growth
Food Prep (Former Employee), Arlington, TXSeptember 26, 2012
Promised raises, yet never came through. Low growth availability.

About TX Land and Cattle