TX Land and Cattle Employee Reviews in United States

Good place to make money
Server (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMay 7, 2016
Texas land and cattle is a great job if you're looking for fast cash, and decent food but other than that they don't offer much else.
Pros
Good discounts, regular breaks
Cons
Management was a joke
poor managment and poorly run
Bartender, Server, Hostess (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXMay 2, 2016
I loved my job working at texas land and cattle. All but our GM. He would scream in your face in front of customers, slam and bang on things. He would also work you into the ground and fire you for calling in. i was unjustly fired from the company and can not find any recourses to complain about managment. it has potential to be a really fun and enjoyable work place but mangement and chain of managment is in need of a revamping. At my location, people didnt last a month before quitting, and they fired some people for ridiculous things and not fire others for repeat no call no shows, taridness etc. There are no real benefits to working here. you get half off your food when working and thats it. i loved the group of people i worked with. my co workers were awesome. its a shame our GM ran all the decent workers out.
Pros
coworkers are fun
Cons
management, unfair protocals, worked more than desired, not flexible.
good place to work at
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXMarch 29, 2016
I love working at this restaurant because it a fast pace and nice people. I wish I worked more hours because I am a workaholic and am used to working a lot. the coworkers were great and the managers were awesome. the most enjoyable moment seeing everything going smoothly.
Pros
50% discount. houry plus tip.
Cons
not enough hours
a great place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 30, 2015
the hours are difficult but I really enjoy the people I work with and the Management is amazing. Being able to work where I get to meet new people everyday is great. I like providing people with an experience they will remember and this job allows that.
Pros
half off menu items
Cons
no benefits, hours
Great staff and management.
server and bartender (Current Employee) –  cedar park txJuly 31, 2015
I learn day by day how to talk to people and assist them to get them the best experience possible . I have loved working there so much because of my managers and the staff we are all like one big family . The hardest part of serving is working so hard and at times making no money . we work just off tips so when its not busy or people dont its not easy . I have stuck around so long because its very flexible with your schedule and the staff is amazing .
Pros
Like a family
Cons
short shifts, not set hours working for tips
Lots of work. Minimal Compensation
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TxMarch 19, 2015
Pretty decent place of employment. I worked there for a little over a year and quickly advanced up within the company. Management does not support the employees.
Texas Land and Cattle
Server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 1, 2015
Ive learned that location does not always speak revenue. I like this one for a short while because it was on the river walk in San Antonio.
Well that was not the case, and the money I was hoping for never showed.
Pros
working for my olive garden gm, joe martinez
Cons
the lack of money
Nothing Special
Floor Lead/ Bartender/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 23, 2014
Your everyday average restaurant job with little respect from supervisors and poor schedule. Depending on location tips can be great, and advancement can be fairly easy. Most of the people employed here are younger...Mostly students. Management changes frequently.
A fun dependable job
Cook/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARSeptember 3, 2014
Texas Land and Cattle is a fun place to work. Everyone seems to work hard and know what they are doing. The management team is excellent and they do all they can to keep things in a orderly fashion. My co-workers tend to always keep there attitude in check. The best part about the job is how management will go out of there way to keep there employees happy.
Pros
great management, good atmosphere
Good ol' steak house
Hostess/Waitress (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 21, 2014
Started off as a hostess. This was my first restaurant job. I went from a hostess to a waitress, learned the menu, got a little waiting experience and ended up being pregnant and was getting morning sickness and couldn't lift the trays anymore so i quit.
Pros
tips
Cons
dropping trays on people
Busy Restaurant
Waitress/ Hostess (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJune 18, 2014
Good managers and co-workers. It is very busy in the summer. Perfect location right off the highway and near hotels.
Easy going
Bartender/Lead Certified Trainer (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 15, 2014
I advanced quickly. Management awarded employees according to work ethic rather than seniority. Firm management skills.
Pros
support from management
Cons
employee spats
Productive fun environment
Director of Marketing (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXFebruary 27, 2014
Manage a three person marketing team along with advertising agency partners. Responsible for research, brand development, positioning and all promotional development. Linking sales to advertising efforts to refine vehicle selection driving traffic and sales. Also, reviewed and recommended changes in food costs to maximize profits and revenue.
Pros
development of texas based brands and exciting marketing programs
Everyone is Family!!
Shift Leader/ Server/ Hostess (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCOctober 18, 2013
Fast pace, great management, caring people, guests that become regulars and knowing your life story, I learned knowledge on management, wine, handling tough situations.
Pros
discounts
Cons
never a paycheck, only cash
Constantly multitasking and exceeding quality goals.
Server (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 30, 2013
A typical day would include maintenance of facility and ensuring the highest level of service is being provided.
I have learned to think on a fast paced level and to react quickly in order to resolve issues.
The management and sever team at Texas Land and cattle does an excellent job facilitating guests needs and ensuring a high quality environment.
The hardest part of the job may include the long hours, but this is also a benefit because returning guests will recognize your presence and hard work.
The most enjoyable part of the job is the opportunity to interact with such a spectrum of people types and personalities on a daily basis, and to recognize myself for all that I have contributed towards the company.
Busy restaurant; low quality food
Server/Trainer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXSeptember 25, 2013
Very busy and unorganized restaurant; co-workers and some management are friendly and make the job better. Make good money and can advance if opportunities are available. Good starter job.
Great place to work at , with great people
Server (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXAugust 26, 2013
Your typical day was short, but you work many shifts and many days a week. Overall the place and people there were outstanding, but the restaurant business was not for me. Management always pushed you to do your best, and the other servers were awesome team mates.
Hardest part of the job was the fact that lunches, or dinners were short you often had to do doubles through out the week just to meet ends meet.
Pros
50 percent off food.
Cons
short shifts
Server/Hostess (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 28, 2013
This place was a very nice place to work. everyone was very close to each other, which made for a very comfortable work place. I learned a lot about the food industry and was able to put a lot of what I learned in school to the test and apply it to every day life.
Pros
learning fine dining experience
Cons
not much room for growth.
great food and great prices
Shift Leader (Current Employee) –  dallas.txJune 17, 2013
ive learned a lot from this company great place to work...great food andnot too bad for prices
Pros
free lunch when you shift lead
Cons
not enough money
good place to work
Waitress (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 4, 2013
The people you work with are great. Everyone had a chance to better themselves and move up in the company.
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a