TX Land and Cattle Employee Reviews

Great restaurant and great people
Server (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXApril 10, 2017
Great place to wait tables and learn the food industry. Menu is easy to learn and food is decent too, makes it easier to sell as well. Work environment is very welcoming and everyone helps everyone.
Fun place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Branson, MOFebruary 8, 2017
Very laid back fun environment. Very supportive when it comes to needing time off for school or family obligations. Seasonal but during season one of the busiest restaurants at the Branson Landing.
Great food
Hostess (Former Employee) –  Branson, MOJanuary 30, 2017
Texas Land and Cattle has great food. I enjoyed working there for the first few years but when they changed management, the work environment went downhill.
Pros
good food
Cons
bad work environment
Easy, great people
HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Bedford, TXJanuary 14, 2017
get to interact with different people, but also get to have a bond with some on the customers that come back. Set up tables for parties helped servers when needed. Management was able to work with my schedule.
A wonderful work environment with nice people
Server (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 22, 2016
Team waiting for the entire restaurant. Always positively impacting the
key results (profit - sales - guests - team members). Carried large trays
in an upscale environment. Wine service.
busy,
service assistant (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXNovember 28, 2016
working here was a roller coaster, i wouldnt get breaks even if i worked all day. i did get to train all the new hires, and eventually became the head busser.
Best part was the tip shares we got, so i could go in one day and get cash.
Pros
tip shares
Cons
no breaks
steak house
Server (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXNovember 9, 2016
Texas land and cattle is a steak house. It was located in Austin tx, working there I learned the correct way to wait on tables. The management was great. They knew exactly what they were doing. they had a seventeen member staff and never had someone to not work. A lot of people came and left when I was there. Overall, it was a good experience.
I Love this Job
Server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 23, 2016
They are one of the best places I worked for I have worked at 3 separate locations mostly the same last time management team seemed to be biased I had transportation issues and they did try to work with me but I just couldn't make it on time. I had split shifts every day and couldnt even finish training or get my TABC or Food handlers because of it! and honestly I was helping out one of there patriarch fellow employees who kept me from being on time, most of the times. and then managers told me I should have worried about myself and not anyone else cause he was let go a week later. It was my fault for not choosing my friends wisely.
Pros
good money, friendly environment
Cons
split shifts, give your life up to work
nice work environment with nice staff
Bartender/Server (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 4, 2016
this restaurant has a great work environment and a great selection of fine dining texas foods especially our famous house smoked sirloin. i like to give guests to pair their meal with a nice refreshing cocktail.
welp
Bartender (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 31, 2016
i had already reviewed this peraon cause i had already added them as my emplouyeed before and it was okay but i wouldnt do it again beacuse steak is inhumane
great atmoshere and food
Bartender\Shiftleader (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMay 23, 2016
i was young when i worked there but enjoyed my time there fun place to work due to the service manager at the time always made work fun for me and we got a meal every shift guest treated us like family due to it being in tyler tx more of a county area with older folks with respect
Good place to make money
Server (Former Employee) –  Frisco, TXMay 7, 2016
Texas land and cattle is a great job if you're looking for fast cash, and decent food but other than that they don't offer much else.
Pros
Good discounts, regular breaks
Cons
Management was a joke
poor managment and poorly run
Bartender, Server, Hostess (Former Employee) –  Stafford, TXMay 2, 2016
I loved my job working at texas land and cattle. All but our GM. He would scream in your face in front of customers, slam and bang on things. He would also work you into the ground and fire you for calling in. i was unjustly fired from the company and can not find any recourses to complain about managment. it has potential to be a really fun and enjoyable work place but mangement and chain of managment is in need of a revamping. At my location, people didnt last a month before quitting, and they fired some people for ridiculous things and not fire others for repeat no call no shows, taridness etc. There are no real benefits to working here. you get half off your food when working and thats it. i loved the group of people i worked with. my co workers were awesome. its a shame our GM ran all the decent workers out.
Pros
coworkers are fun
Cons
management, unfair protocals, worked more than desired, not flexible.
good place to work at
Hostess (Current Employee) –  Garland, TXMarch 29, 2016
I love working at this restaurant because it a fast pace and nice people. I wish I worked more hours because I am a workaholic and am used to working a lot. the coworkers were great and the managers were awesome. the most enjoyable moment seeing everything going smoothly.
Pros
50% discount. houry plus tip.
Cons
not enough hours
a great place to work
Server (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 30, 2015
the hours are difficult but I really enjoy the people I work with and the Management is amazing. Being able to work where I get to meet new people everyday is great. I like providing people with an experience they will remember and this job allows that.
Pros
half off menu items
Cons
no benefits, hours
Great staff and management.
server and bartender (Current Employee) –  cedar park txJuly 31, 2015
I learn day by day how to talk to people and assist them to get them the best experience possible . I have loved working there so much because of my managers and the staff we are all like one big family . The hardest part of serving is working so hard and at times making no money . we work just off tips so when its not busy or people dont its not easy . I have stuck around so long because its very flexible with your schedule and the staff is amazing .
Pros
Like a family
Cons
short shifts, not set hours working for tips
Lots of work. Minimal Compensation
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TxMarch 19, 2015
Pretty decent place of employment. I worked there for a little over a year and quickly advanced up within the company. Management does not support the employees.
Texas Land and Cattle
Server (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 1, 2015
Ive learned that location does not always speak revenue. I like this one for a short while because it was on the river walk in San Antonio.
Well that was not the case, and the money I was hoping for never showed.
Pros
Working for my Olive Garden GM, Joe Martinez
Cons
The lack of money
Nothing Special
Floor Lead/ Bartender/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Richardson, TXNovember 23, 2014
Your everyday average restaurant job with little respect from supervisors and poor schedule. Depending on location tips can be great, and advancement can be fairly easy. Most of the people employed here are younger...Mostly students. Management changes frequently.
A fun dependable job
Cook/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARSeptember 3, 2014
Texas Land and Cattle is a fun place to work. Everyone seems to work hard and know what they are doing. The management team is excellent and they do all they can to keep things in a orderly fashion. My co-workers tend to always keep there attitude in check. The best part about the job is how management will go out of there way to keep there employees happy.
Pros
great management, good atmosphere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at TX Land and Cattle. Our community is ready to answer.

TX Land and Cattle Reviews by Location