Tyco Employee Reviews in United States

Company undergoing massive changes
Commercial Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 30, 2016
Company has undergone many re-orgs and restructures over the last few years. Is supposed to be a service organization, however, most of support staff have been let go, and many departments have been centralized.
Not a lot of focus on customers, only on sales numbers.
Sales people are burdened with customer service, billing, permit issues, technical support, etc.
Management is focused on forecasting and meeting metrics. Very little support of sales staff in any capacity.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Micromanagement and sales pressure
Great management, great atmosphere.
Small Business Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 28, 2016
I had a great time working here. The management was supportive and I felt like I had a great opportunity to grow within the company. A termination of the entire small business sales channel gives me the opportunity to see what is out there.
Tyco Worklife
Security Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAJune 22, 2016
Being employed at Tyco Integrated Security gave me many triumphs as well as hardships. I would settle into my home office around 7:30AM and hop on my morning conference call. From 8AM-12PM
I would make roughly 100-200 cold calls and prospect for new clients in need of cameras and a new security system. From 12:30-6 I would close appointments canvas for new business. Management, however, created a hostel working environment disguised competitive spirit. The co-workers were fortunately very supportive.
Pros
Income potential
Cons
Company Culture
Tyco - Formerly AMP Incorporated
BUSINESS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 21, 2016
I was with this company for several years. It was a great job that offered employees the opportunity for education and advancement. I worked with a great team. I enjoyed the internal customer base that I supported and I found it rewarding to provide support, data, and reports that assisted them in their jobs.
Pros
Room for upward advancement.
Tyco is always hiring. That might be good news but it is not a good sign.
Emergency Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 19, 2016
Tyco have some good benefits including college tuition. It is centrally located in Aurora on major bus lines. It is easy to get to. The call center pays weekly. It is easy to get hired. As a 24/7 operation there are options of hours one can work and PLENTY of overtime.

But there are no real promotions just more work without real financial compensation. The pay is just a little bit better than fast foods. But it is still low enough, combined with higher insurance every year, each year worked at Tyco means one is earning less than the year before.

It is NOT family friendly, there is no trust, and some management don't even have a college degree. Nepotism and favoritism are the decision makers. There are infestations of bedbugs, roaches, AND mice. Many of the chairs are broken so you have to test them before sitting down completely. Many of the chairs have gross dark stains in the cushions. The phone equipment is REALLY old. When the phone system goes down phone numbers have to be dialed one digit at a time by fingertip. In training they stress professionalism but once on the call center floor it is common to see some women dressed like they just came from the nightclub. The system is structure that spending too much time on the phone with a customer hurts your stats and that will get you written up. Morale is something the veterans talk about that use to exist, but for us new hires, no one wants to become a veteran at Tyco. When you see some of the people Tyco will hire it is hard to imagine who they would turn away so put on your flip-flops and come on in.
Pros
Location and benefits
Cons
Bedbugs, roaches and mice
Tyco was sold to Johnson Control.
Commercial Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARJune 14, 2016
worked with reps in presenting proposals and working with existing customer on security needs, meet week, monthly and years sales targets.
Pros
working with customer to make the company secure
Cons
Tyco was sold
Excellent place to work for!
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIJune 8, 2016
Training is provided, employer provides most everything that is needed. Benefits and 401k plan are great. many chances to succeed if you are up to the challenge. They did not micro-manage. Over all a great organization! Two thumbs up!
Good at my job.
Machinist/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Marinette, WIJune 8, 2016
I believe I did and gave to my best abilities 100% everyday. I liked what jobs I performed. I learned better time managment. The benefits were acceptable. The most enjoyable part of the job was getting reconized for my job performance.
Abusive
Technician (Former Employee) –  Oak Brook, ILJune 5, 2016
I watched this company select people they don't like and then abuse them until they quit or they terminate them. I fell victim to this after 14 years of employment. I pleaded with HR to stop the abuse but they responded that I wasn't being abused. 11 day suspension for not answering my phone every time they called me. They watched my Facebook like a hawk. The open door policy means come on in and if you don't like it you can quit. Horrible place to work!
Pros
Good benefits and hours
Cons
Bullying and conniving
All about making money
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 4, 2016
Top management is all about making money with the lowest level of investment, and if that means firing staff and outsourcing then that is what is done. Who cares about the employees without jobs and their dedication to the company.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
Cons
Zero job security

Want to know more about Tyco?

Ask a question
Great Place to work!!!
Material Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INMay 18, 2016
As with any job, Tyco has it's issues but none that would make you hate working for them. This is a beautiful place to work with mostly beautiful people!!!
Good Place to Work - Great People
Manager of Corporate Reporting (Current Employee) –  Princeton, NJMay 14, 2016
Overall Tyco has been a good place to work with many talented people. They offer flexibility in work schedules and competitive compensation and benefit packages. However, current management has not been able to grow the company as they would want, and have been controlling costs as a means to make shareholder EPS.
Senior Director, NA Service Solutions & Operations (Current Employee) –  Westminster, MAMay 4, 2016
Leader in life safety products, installation and services. Great people and strong field leadership. Strong diversity mandate and process management.
Many years of experience
Senior Safety Compliance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMay 3, 2016
Was able to follow the product design cycle from Advanced Research and Development thru product development, Product Assurance and Quality to Product Safety.
Great Start into the industry
Tier II Downline Load Programmer (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COApril 27, 2016
This company is a great start into the security industry. There are some employees who are good with not having a desire to advance their careers. I love working for Tyco but wish there were more growing opportunities. Employee moral is very low but the management teams try to do whatever they can to keep it up.
Pros
Consistent schedules and room for growth
Cons
employee moral is extremely low, being tied to a phone / desk for 40 hours every week
n/a
Collection Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fishers, INApril 25, 2016
Company that really about it employees and family based orientated which can be great when life emergencies happen. Company also is very thought by provide their worker with small company gifts an or rewards.
Tyco is about 5%
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Norristown, PAApril 19, 2016
Have a quick meeting in the morning with the supervisor then we go over a plan .Pick up service ticket in the morning and see where there is a problem.Is when you are by yourself and you run into a problem. How hard it is to get a reponse from team members or supervisor.When everything is going well and there are on issues
Pros
you eat on the run
Cons
and sometime we laeve early for working through lunch
Tyco is an interesting and challenging place to work.
Sr. Embedded C Programmer (Current Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLApril 12, 2016
I have learned much and increased many of my engineering skills at Tyco. I contributed to six projects each with near bug-less code.
Pros
Co-Workers
Cons
Great company to work for.
CNC Operator (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCApril 10, 2016
Always work on improvement.. I work there over 10 years. This company respond to high demand and strive hard to reduce scrap and avoid customer complaints.
Market leader in the $100 billion global fire and security solutions industries
Senior Principal Engineer (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLMarch 30, 2016
Great place to work, but has been going through a change in focus and is going through layoffs. People that work there are all great. Lots of interesting project there.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tyco. Our community is ready to answer.