Tyler Junior College Employee Reviews

Fun workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 6, 2017
Fun environment. Cool coworkers and management. Learned a lot about customer service. Got to work in different areas.
Pros
People
Cons
Balance
It was alright
Engineering Design Technology Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 22, 2016
Low pay for students. Not really worth the time or effort to be there however they do allow you to study for school which i found as a definate plus working there.
Extremely friendly workplace
Dental Hygiene Department Clerk (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 2, 2016
I learned a lot about working in an office setting. Management was very competent, helpful, and kind. Hours were very flexible and allowed me to study between tasks.
TJC is a great place to work for those of us who want to add quality to students' lives.
Math Professor (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 28, 2016
I loved teaching mathematics at Tyler Junior College. I was supported by my Dean and Department Chair. I was given the ability to use my creativity in the classroom. I enjoyed interacting with the students. I felt that I was making a difference in their lives.
Great people to work with
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMay 1, 2016
Worked well with all my coworkers. Loved helping out others when they came in to make an appointment for the class they were struggling in.
Pros
Good hours
Cons
Boring at times
productive and very educative place.
Librarian (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 19, 2015
A very good college and well equipped in term of needs for students towards their various areas of studies, e.g (A&P lab,library)
I worked in the library within the campus and it is indeed a very facilitated building for the students and help them make their researches easier using their database.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
very peacful quite place to study
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 26, 2015
Check students in and out the tutoring center, made and cancelled apartments, and maintained the center. I worked with great people and they made my job easy.
Awesome School
Recreation Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 2, 2015
I absolutely love Tyler and TJC and it was very pleasant working for the school.
Everyone is understanding of you have classes or projects and the supervisore really try to work with you.
Pros
Everyone is nice and friendly
Cons
na
Laid back place to work
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 30, 2015
I would do anything from type up a document on microsoft word to fax/copy papers. I learned a lot about how to work with others in a professional setting. I had great co-workers were I would learn something new everyday. The most enjoyable part of this job was the people I worked with.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Short breaks
Productive Work Environment, educated fellow students
Math Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 16, 2015
I enjoyed working at Tyler Junior College, I made some great friends during my time there. The management was supportive and intuitive for their students' needs and concerns.
Good hours, Good people
Lab Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 2, 2015
The hours were low but that was expected, all of my fellow coworkers were wonderful people who were a joy to work with. A daily routine included grading papers, washing dishes, and mixing chemicals for use in a lab experiment.
We support and act upon the 3 promises our college stands for
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 30, 2014
We help provide the necessary tools for a quality education, provide space for help promote a vibrant student life, and provide a service to our TJC community.
Pros
Great people, staff, and environment
Cons
Not enough hours
An excellent place to work
Part-time Temporary Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 12, 2014
Great people, interesting work. i was lucky enough to be hired initially as a student assistant. When I transferred to The University of Texas at Tyler, my boss found a way to keep me because she and I have a great working relationship.
Very Professional
Adjunct Professor / Instructor (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXNovember 8, 2014
Part time classes typically 8 weeks, very professional environment. This review on indeed is nothing but fluff
Pros
Free Lunches and expenses
Cons
No cons
Enjoyed my time there!
Staff Technician (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 30, 2014
Customer service is key to be successful at Tyler Junior College. I learned a variety of skills and got very effective at multitasking. Management was not very successful or inspiring, but had great co-workers. The hardest part of the job was to be happy with the salary, the most enjoyable was to be able to be part of the TJC's family!
Pros
Great immediate supervisor!
Cons
Again, the pay makes you feel unappreciated and sad!
Good learning experience
Resident Director (RD) (Former Employee) –  tyler texasSeptember 19, 2014
It was definitely a very good learning experience. Many skills were learnt. Such as: in office work, mediation, costumer service etc..
Being a college dorm director doesn't provide much privacy, let alone that separation between home and work. It was certainly difficult living under the same roof as your co-workers and costumers per say.
Pros
No privacy. No work/personal life division
Cons
various skills are learnt
its a fun work place because you got to interact with a lot of people everyday
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  1327 S Baxter Ave,Tyler, Texas,75711September 18, 2014
I love my job at TJC , I have learn a lot on how to treat people with any behavior they have, i am a people person and having to meet and help people really makes my day at work because of the passion i have for it. I love doing campus tour, i get to meet people from different background, different culture and race and get to learn a lot from them as well.
Position was enjoyable for the type of job it was
Adjunct Professor (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXMarch 13, 2014
- Mature students made the work fun
- I learned how to teach to older students
- Management was mostly passive
- Co-workers were always helpful
- Hardest part of the job were the hours
- Most enjoyable part of the job was the teaching
Pros
Teaching older students a complex subject matter
Cons
Passive management
Fantastic Place to be
Head Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJanuary 14, 2014
I start off unlocking the pool doors after I've inspected the pool and the area for any hazardous activity. Classes and students come in and swim throughout the day and I would make sure they are safe and having fun. I honestly learned way too much to place in this review. My boss was very insightful.
Management was AMAZING. They take extreme care of their employees, and they remind us that they care and want this place to grow in numbers. My co-workers were like a family to me. My boss would encourage us all to get to know each other better and keep in constant communication.
The hardest part of the job was waking up at 4:00 in the mornings for work. The thing I enjoyed the most was swimming my mandatory laps every two hours.
Pros
Swimming, mandatory meetings with meals, use of the gym
Cons
waking up early, difficult parents during swim classes
Student
EMT Basic Student (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXDecember 17, 2013
I was a student that was getting my EMT basic and my prerequisites for nursing.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tyler Junior College. Our community is ready to answer.

4.4