Tyler Junior College Employee Reviews

Studding place is a library
Library Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 28, 2017
Tyler Junior College is a good school. they make sure you learn had to achieve your goals. We also have our fun time. My boss is always nice and friendly to all employers and employees
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
long break
Student Assistant
Student Assistant (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 15, 2017
I really enjoyed working as a Student Assistant at TJC. I worked two days a week for about three hours a day assisting with one class. I knew my professor well; therefore, he knew what to expect form me and I knew what was expected of me as well from seeing other student assistants within his class.
tyler junior college
Part-Time Botany Laboratory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXOctober 1, 2017
great place, nice people.Work experience is the best training when it comes to managing time and keeping up with multiple priorities. Workers who have dealt with deadline pressure and lengthy to-do lists are more likely to have developed personal strategies that make them more efficient. In addition, someone who has been expected to negotiate lots of active projects should have a system of organization that works for them.
Great co-workers and very relaxed working environment
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 27, 2017
The opportunity to work with students and create pathways that allow them to achieve their goals is very fulfilling. The environment overall is good and there are a lot of good people there.
great environment
Contract Instructor - Phlebotomy (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXSeptember 6, 2017
TJC is a great place to work. I enjoyed my time there and the students. The curriculum is provided for you and you have lots of time to prepare for the classes.
Pros
flexibility
Rewarding work place
Senior Proctor/Distant Education (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 23, 2017
Very fun place to work, meeting people, making lasting friendships, helping students when in need. The amount of time off was amazing, being able to return to college as a benefit. Would encourage anyone to work for TJC
Pros
benefits, free college classes
Cons
poor management, cut-throat
Productive workplace for students who are needed jobs to work with their schedule.
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXAugust 8, 2017
I fully enjoyed working for Tyler Junior College. As a student assistant I was able to further research in the field I wanted to study in by working in an office for that focus.
Unethical management.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TX 75701August 1, 2017
Equipment and supplies provided as needed and when needed. Residents and the residents managers where nice. Unfortunately coworkers because unethical and unable to work with.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Unethical workers
Adjunct and online professor (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 17, 2017
Tyler Junior College is an excellent place to work. The faculty and staff are always supportive and the students are great! I have worked on campus and online and have enjoyed the experience. The college is small enough to be friendly and large enough to be professional.
My second teaching job
Professor Medical Terminology (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 10, 2017
My job was awesome it was fun and exciting to teach others and for them to learn what's being taught. By using games like jeopardy for medical terminology it was awesome we also did bingo medical terminology being creative to have students come to class for more.
Pros
unsure what to say here
Cons
better training for new teachers
Awesome boss!
FINANCIAL AID OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXJuly 3, 2017
Tyler Junior College is a great place to work if you never plan on advancing your career or getting paid a decent living wage. It's a cool place to work and I enjoyed my job as financial aid officer.
Good place to continue learning
System Administrator (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 29, 2017
Job is challenging. Pay is not the greatest. But it's a good place to get experience and to continue learning. You are self-driven on most days and projects are assigned by management.
Pros
Free lunches on occasion
Cons
health insurance was not the best
Nice place for a starter job.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 21, 2017
Working for this institution of higher learning is a nice place to work. You learn skills and the functionality of what happens at a college. When it comes to the management, it depends on what department you are working for. Some department managers reward and acknowledge you for your hard work while other managers do not.

There are some perks to working here like getting good health/dental benefits, paid vacation/sick leave, getting off school holidays, teacher retirement/alternative retirement plans and discounts to campus events. The downsides to this job are that it does not pay a liveable salary for this position and there is no room for any advancement to another level. If you are thinking about applying to work at this institution, no matter what job position is, my advice would be to do your research about what department you are applying for and make sure you are satisfied with the salary level.
Pros
Benefits, get off on holidays, good retirement plans.
Cons
Low paying salary, limited opportunities for job advancement.
Toxic
Adjunct Professor (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXJune 7, 2017
Workplace culture is toxic in many areas. No maternity leave to speak of--teachers must still grade papers and pick up assignments.
Management is self-serving.

Students are wonderful.
Co-workers are wonderful.
Great place
Professor (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 24, 2017
The only thing to change is a better salary, otherwise it rocks! Great environment to work in. Staff is fantastic and flexible! The student are really great to work with!
Professional and productive dental hygiene college
DENTAL HYGIENE STUDENT (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 21, 2017
For the past 2 years I have been able to grow into a competent dental hygienist. The most enjoyable part of this experience was not only working with amazing instructors, but treating patients to the best standards of care.
Campus Job
Campus Tour Guide (Current Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 21, 2017
It is good to have for an on campus job. The tours are fun because you're teaching kids about college life, and the things they needed to prepare to come to college as an incoming freshmen.
Cons
being paid minimum wage
Enjoyable Place to Work if Higher Education is your passion.
Lead Admissions Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 19, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job is creating opportunities for students. Working with students to enable their futures provides a great level of satisfaction that can help overcome any deficit in salary.
Not so great.
STUDENET ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 8, 2017
They start you off with having great times and such. But after a few months they begin to give you tasks that were never in your job descriptions. Like clean out the office fridge and throw away moldy food. YUCK
Good people, friendly envirement,
Librarian Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tyler, TXApril 6, 2017
As a international student the only place I could work it was a campus place. I worked as a librarien and did not regret.
The library staff really friendly, easy to work, flexiable schedule. It was a place where I expreced my self in order to learn more English and learn other skills. While I worked in the labrary I learned how to orient myself into details, solve the problems and how to deal with people.