Tyler Junior College

Tyler Junior College Employer Reviews

Fantastic Place to be
Head Lifeguard (Former Employee), Tyler, TXJanuary 14, 2014
Pros: swimming, mandatory meetings with meals, use of the gym
Cons: waking up early, difficult parents during swim classes
I start off unlocking the pool doors after I've inspected the pool and the area for any hazardous activity. Classes and students come in and swim throughout the day and I would make sure they are safe and having fun. I honestly learned way too much to place in this review. My boss was very insightful.
Management was AMAZING. They take extreme care of – more... their employees, and they remind us that they care and want this place to grow in numbers. My co-workers were like a family to me. My boss would encourage us all to get to know each other better and keep in constant communication.
The hardest part of the job was waking up at 4:00 in the mornings for work. The thing I enjoyed the most was swimming my mandatory laps every two hours. – less
Student
EMT Basic Student (Former Employee), Tyler, TXDecember 17, 2013
I was a student that was getting my EMT basic and my prerequisites for nursing.
Great work enviornment
Director/Instructor for our school Fire academy (Former Employee), Tyler, TXDecember 14, 2013
Pros: working with my twin
Cons: worry about students damaging facility
Great work environment. I got to work with coaching and the faculty at the college. It is one of the best colleges I have ever worked for. It is both diverse and intelligent ranging from our students to our employees.
Loved every minute at TJC
Assistant Athletic Trainer (Former Employee), Tyler, TXNovember 18, 2013
I loved every minute at Tyler Junior College. The Athletics Dept is very supportive of the Athletic Training Education Program, which is awesome. I chose to leave to pursue an opportunity to work in professional baseball.
Supportive Family Atmosphere
Professor of Mathematics (Former Employee), Tyler, TXAugust 21, 2013
Pros: people, facility, students
Cons: dean, supervisor
The best job I have ever had. Extremely supportive faculty. It felt like family. Everyone always ready to help for any reason.
work place could been better
Student (Former Employee), Tyler, TXAugust 7, 2013
learned how to cook and manage money.Co-workers were fun to be around.The hardest part was when we fell behind during lunch hours. I enjoyed being around my co-workers.
Fun workplace
Campus Services (Current Employee), Tyler, TXJuly 22, 2013
Typical day would include loading boxes on delivery truck, driving around campus dropping off packages.
It is a great place to learn and make new relationships
I.T Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Tyler, TXJune 20, 2013
Pros: flexible hours and awesome people
Cons: promotional opportunities and benefits
Working in the I.T world of Tyler Junior College is wonderful! I started here my freshman year and was promoted two years later. It is a great learning experience to work with other students and tutor them in computer basics as well as explaining how the college life works.
Every one is a Team player and a Great Group in IT to work with and always willing to help in anyway.
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee), Tyler, TXMarch 5, 2013
Pros: holidays, breaks, and time off can vary
Cons: salary
A good place to start my college life style while teaching others during my spare time.
Computer Science Tutor (Former Employee), Tyler, TXFebruary 19, 2013
When tutoring at Tyler Junior College I learned to have plenty of patience with most of the students there.
profesisonal
Staff Technician (Former Employee), Tyler, TXFebruary 11, 2013
I enjoyed working for Paris Junior College at the Sulphur Springs Center.
Well organized and no student did without an interpreter
Sign Language Interpreter (Former Employee), Tyler, TXFebruary 3, 2013
Working for TJC help me grow as a person, the students were always fun to be around not just at work but outside of work. The hardest part of the job is helping a student understand the message through my hands when a teacher had no idea what he or she was talking about.
Assist in jobs
Academic Advising Assistant (Former Employee), Tyler, TXSeptember 13, 2012
Pros: working at the school
Cons: no lunches and short days
I would file paper work everyday, set up appointments with the advisers, and call the next day's appointments to remind them. I learned to file appropriately, talk to students and make appointments. I loved the people I worked with and learned a lot from them.
Very productive and supportive environment. Postive for a first-time setting in a college setting.
Adjunct Professor in Developmental Reading (Former Employee), TJC-Tyler main campusSeptember 10, 2012
Pros: very supportive and engaging with the role of adjunct teaching in developmental reading, and an openess of faculty members to assist you for various levels of questions/concerns.
Cons: would have enjoyed more opportunities to continue working with tjc.
I appreciate the opportunity to work with TJC in 1999 in the adjunct role of a developmental Reading instructor. I learned a great deal about my relationship as a instructional role model in the classroom in this level of teaching. This experience prepared me to work as an Assist. Professor of Education/Reading at Jarvis Christian College for 8 years.

TJC – more... is a great institution to cultivate your gifts and talents and share them with the students in your classroom. The most enjoyable part of my time was being with my students and the faculty of this institution, especially since all of my children are graduates. – less
East Texas Baptist Unviersity
Interim Director Residence Life (Former Employee), Tyler, TXJuly 12, 2012
ETBU is a good place to work. Good Christian principles, they just need to compensate the people who work there more. I left due to accepting a job with more pay.
Great way to make extra money during semester
Teacher Assistant (Former Employee), Tyler, TXJune 3, 2012
Grade papers, clean, organize paperwork, make coffee, and run errands. The teachers are great.
This was a clerical workplace
Technical Assistant in Dental Hygiene Dept (Former Employee), Tyler, TexasMay 5, 2012
Very busy work place. Always have to be on the ball. Always on my feet.