Tyler Technologies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great Company Culture but Low Compensation
Business Analyst/Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 9, 2017
Tyler is a great company with excellent benefits, they just need to compensate their employees fairly. Compared to the market their pay is way below. Management has an open door policy, which is not common at all companies.
Pros
Starbucks and Coke machines in the breakrooms.
Cons
Low pay and stressful project processes.
Fun place to work
Appraisal Data Collector (Current Employee) –  Marietta, GAOctober 2, 2017
Management and staffs are quite amazing, even though, you're new, they make you fell welcome. They don't like to macro-manage, but they are expecting a professional behavior from you. It's a stress work environment.
Hard to advance your career or pay
Intern (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COSeptember 26, 2017
Many employees obtain jobs here after college and then leave soon after because the pay is better elsewhere which is exactly what others have stated in these reviews. The cost of living is going up here much faster than your raises.

Some managers have the typical micromanage authoritative attitude that drives employees to other companies.

Unfair business practices where what is fine for one employee (who is equivalent to you) is strictly forbidden for another. This was also mentioned in other reviews.
Pros
Good benefits package. Other employees are typically fun to work with.
Cons
Having the typical boss who sucks at his people skills and makes you hate your job, at least for me. Some managers are fantastic.
Nice place
Implementation (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXSeptember 13, 2017
Nice place to work. I will not bash my current employer. I have made a decision to seek employment elsewhere. Enjoyed my time there immensely. Wish them well.
Great Summer Internship
eLearning Intern (Current Employee) –  Yarmouth, MEAugust 29, 2017
If you are a college student looking to start building your career, Tyler Technologies is a great place to get started! My summer internship turned into a part-time job where I can continue growing in the company while I finish my degree!
Excellent Company
Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Yarmouth, MEAugust 10, 2017
Tyler is a company this cares about employees and is very progressive. Great benefits, good salary, the hardest part is the travel for my position and the long hours.
Good Company with good products
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 10, 2017
Tyler is a stable and visionary company with many good people. They have good products and good people. They supply products to Courts, City Administrators, Police, Fire, Jails and Communication Centers.
Pros
Good culture, good people, good products
Cons
Poor sales management
Productive and Learning Experience
Brand Marketing Intern (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 27, 2017
Entry level internship to learn the in's and out's of marketing. Great perspective on my career. I highly encourage students interested in marketing or graphic design to seek out this opportunity while in school.
Pros
Workout facility, good lunches
Cons
Limited growth in department
Unorganized
Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 7, 2017
Lacks management and overview. Company is growing too fast and consultants are over worked. Project managers are not supervised and they do anything to get the project completed.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Excellent work/life balance, but low pay!
Tax/ Appraisal Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  OhioJune 30, 2017
I appreciated that I was able to take time off as needed without being penalized. However, the trade off is that the pay is very low. For the amount of work that I did, I should have been making at least $2 more per hour!
Pros
Great company culture
Cons
Low pay
A company that does not expect people to stay past four or five years.
Senior Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 30, 2017
80% travel and an extraordinary amount of travel on Sundays although there is often not work until Monday Morning. The week after week on the road is both the hard part of the job and the joy. I liked the different customer sites and the work but it took it's toll on home life and the method of booking travel is difficult hand has many review levels so booking your trip is not pleasurable.
Management is not good at working a career path for people; there are some promotions from within but mostly you are hired for a job and you stay in that job.
Pros
Good interesting work
Cons
horrible hours, expectations of work after your 10 or 12 hour work day are always there.
Ping Pong
SQL Server DBA (Current Employee) –  Troy, MIJune 29, 2017
It is an ok place to work. Long hours, real hard work.
Very challenging environment, if you work hard, you can advance your career here.
The culture is good.
I enjoyed it occasionally.
Data Collector (Former Employee) –  Washington, PA 15301June 22, 2017
Depending on where you were located, the job was good or bad. I collected information for property assessment. Some houses are interesting, some are boring.
Pros
Almost complete independence.
Cons
A lot of driving.
Fun place to work
Software Support Specialist - Eagle Treasurer (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COMay 21, 2017
I like working at Tyler. It's a fun place to work, with some perks (free food occasionally, drink fridge, nice kitchen, etc.). The people are great and I'm happy about moral support they give you. The work life balance is great. The compensation is good if you are just out of college, but the raises are disappointing at best and soon you are wanting better wages for your time, energy, and effort, and do not see that reflected in your paycheck. Other than that, it's great.
Pros
Catered lunches, drink fridge, nice office environment, location of office building, awesome people, fun work, great work/life balance
Cons
Low starting salary, small raises, little appreciation/recognition for hard workers
Boys' club
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 18, 2017
The future is bright for Tyler in that they have lots of business. Work life balance is not good, there are rules that only apply to certain people, and good luck getting promoted if you are a woman. Feedback is only welcome if it agrees with what they think. Management is terribly inexperienced, everyone is constantly putting out fires and never being proactive.
Pros
lunches are only $4, you can keep your travel rewards/points
Cons
If you're a white man, I don't think there are many.
Nepotism is Key
Impplementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GeorgiaMay 3, 2017
If you want to make it, you need to cosy up to management and human resources who build new positions or replace old ones with their friends and family (usually from TX). They are not afraid to tell you that you are replaceable no matter what you put into the company.
Benefits
Cons
Management & The software
Wrong job out of college
Conversion Developer (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 2, 2017
Really it was just not for me. Job work/Life Balance was amazing. Never had to worry about work after hours. And the benefits were just great. But I worked with people who had the same positions for many many many years and they were afraid to ask for a different position. Management just lead me down a rabbit hole and had me as a remote position when I thought I was going to be working with a team. So since I didn't work with anybody in the office, it was difficult connecting with anyone.
Pros
Tons of catered lunches and awesome life balance
Cons
Cubicle office
Busy, different, always changing, challenging
Field Review Appraiser (Former Employee) –  Franklin County, OHApril 28, 2017
Tyler Technologies was an excellent company to work for. The atmosphere was always friendly yet professional. My time with Tyler was always very pleasing.
Pros
Trust in every employee to do their job.
Unhelpful
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COApril 11, 2017
I was very unhappy at Tyler Tech. I never received helped when I asked for it , but was often reprimanded for not being fast enough to get anything done - yet if I had just gotten the help I needed I would have excelled. I also think I just did not mesh with my team well, no matter how much I tried to communicate I could not get them to understand my needs and how I worked. Because I didnt function like the rest of my team I often felt like an outsider, and it seemed like nothing I did worked. Eventually I didn't even want to go to work, I would feel sick at the idea of going and would try to work from home because I felt so depressed most days. My experience there was very poor and I can only speak for myself.
Ok but not fantastic
Appraisal Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 24, 2017
Since I worked in a client location miles away from the home office or other Tyler employees, I often felt as if I was on an island. I would have liked to have been able to attend classes or seminars which would have benefited me in my position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tyler Technologies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.