Tyler Technologies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Fun place to work
Software Support Specialist - Eagle Treasurer (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, COMay 21, 2017
I like working at Tyler. It's a fun place to work, with some perks (free food occasionally, drink fridge, nice kitchen, etc.). The people are great and I'm happy about moral support they give you. The work life balance is great. The compensation is good if you are just out of college, but the raises are disappointing at best and soon you are wanting better wages for your time, energy, and effort, and do not see that reflected in your paycheck. Other than that, it's great.
Pros
Catered lunches, drink fridge, nice office environment, location of office building, awesome people, fun work, great work/life balance
Cons
Low starting salary, small raises, little appreciation/recognition for hard workers
Boys' club
Implementation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 18, 2017
The future is bright for Tyler in that they have lots of business. Work life balance is not good, there are rules that only apply to certain people, and good luck getting promoted if you are a woman. Feedback is only welcome if it agrees with what they think. Management is terribly inexperienced, everyone is constantly putting out fires and never being proactive.
Pros
lunches are only $4, you can keep your travel rewards/points
Cons
If you're a white man, I don't think there are many.
Nepotism is Key
Impplementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GeorgiaMay 3, 2017
If you want to make it, you need to cosy up to management and human resources who build new positions or replace old ones with their friends and family (usually from TX). They are not afraid to tell you that you are replaceable no matter what you put into the company.
Benefits
Cons
Management & The software
Wrong job out of college
Conversion Developer (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 2, 2017
Really it was just not for me. Job work/Life Balance was amazing. Never had to worry about work after hours. And the benefits were just great. But I worked with people who had the same positions for many many many years and they were afraid to ask for a different position. Management just lead me down a rabbit hole and had me as a remote position when I thought I was going to be working with a team. So since I didn't work with anybody in the office, it was difficult connecting with anyone.
Pros
Tons of catered lunches and awesome life balance
Cons
Cubicle office
Busy, different, always changing, challenging
Field Review Appraiser (Former Employee) –  Franklin County, OHApril 28, 2017
Tyler Technologies was an excellent company to work for. The atmosphere was always friendly yet professional. My time with Tyler was always very pleasing.
Pros
Trust in every employee to do their job.
Unhelpful
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COApril 11, 2017
I was very unhappy at Tyler Tech. I never received helped when I asked for it , but was often reprimanded for not being fast enough to get anything done - yet if I had just gotten the help I needed I would have excelled. I also think I just did not mesh with my team well, no matter how much I tried to communicate I could not get them to understand my needs and how I worked. Because I didnt function like the rest of my team I often felt like an outsider, and it seemed like nothing I did worked. Eventually I didn't even want to go to work, I would feel sick at the idea of going and would try to work from home because I felt so depressed most days. My experience there was very poor and I can only speak for myself.
Ok but not fantastic
Appraisal Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXMarch 24, 2017
Since I worked in a client location miles away from the home office or other Tyler employees, I often felt as if I was on an island. I would have liked to have been able to attend classes or seminars which would have benefited me in my position.
Good Organization
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GADecember 29, 2016
This is a good place to work. Depending on the department one is in will determine if opportunities are plentiful or limiting. Organizational culture is positive, team members are great and supportive.
Good people frustrated by bad product
Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GANovember 21, 2016
The software is over-complicated and unstable. Clients are constantly frustrated. Employees are constantly frustrated. Apathy is the only way out. If you don't mind missed deadline, unmet commitments, meaningless promises, and general confusion without solution, you could be perfectly okay.
Pros
Good parent company
Cons
Dysfunction local one
Excellent place
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Falmouth, MENovember 9, 2016
Corporate culture is amazing, great team. The only pitfall is that they don't pay (me) enough to support my family. We will never get ahead in life unless I find more money.
You have to be the right kind of person
Software Support OS/DBA Specialist (Former Employee) –  Falmouth, MENovember 1, 2016
The corporate equivalent to McDonalds. A clearing house for grunt labor and number driven production. The kind of place where no matter how hard you try, you can still expect to hear "That's not good enough." It seems to me that they hire anyone they can find with talent, but then try to squish them into some pigeon hole and hamstring any overlapping expertise. And if you don't rebuild yourself in their image, then they cut you loose. All their jobs are specifically focused and I felt my wider skills atrophy after my time there. You have to drink the kool-aid to fit in. If you're OK with being a drudgeon for decent pay and bennys, then go for it. If you want to explore your full potential, then run away from here.
Pros
The pay was decent for the area. Bennys are top notch.
Cons
Half hour lunch break. Misleading job descriptions. Glorified telephone tech support.
Just started but great workplace
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Stroudsburg, PAOctober 27, 2016
I just started but I really like working here. I love the hours, I work 8-5. The pay is okay for what we are doing. They are very cooperative with your situation.
Run, worst job ever
Held (Software Support Specialist) (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, AROctober 20, 2016
Horrible company to work for. Absolutely no training no respect for the employees and an excessive amount of work load with no management or guidance. DO NOT WAIST YOUR TIME WITH THIS COMPANY.
Pros
The pay
Cons
Lack of training
Good Team
Residential Data Collector - City of Warwick (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RISeptember 22, 2016
I enjoyed interviewing the homeowner's about their properties and updating the properties' information on the tax field cards.

I didn't enjoy having to walk onto the properties without the owner's permission or knowledge. One of my responsibilities was to measure the exterior of the home and I would have to walk into the back yard even if there was a fence. The majority of the time no one was at home.

My immediate supervisor was very understanding about this situation and also gave me guidance and if I needed his assistance he would meet me right away.
Pros
Worked outside in the warm weather. Flexible hours. Goals were explained clearly.
Cons
Worked outside in the cold weaather.
Untrained Management, Untrained Employees, Defective&Outdated Software
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  NYSeptember 2, 2016
One has only to read the countless complaints about Tyler Technologies in order to get a grasp of how terrible this company is, In service , in product, In management. Their software is hard to mesh with existing software, which causes errors and downtime. The HR is a nightmare, the training is non-existant. People are hired with NO working knowledge of the job they were hired to perform. Causing huge headaches for the clients, audits of Tyler's property assessments are a routine thing, as they make phenominal errors. And the software is nothing to brag about, Competitors are creating and have available far better software. From the CEO to the call center...this place just plain sucks.
Pros
your day off
Cons
low pay, stressful work environment, no training
Tyler Tech Review
Solution Consultant (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 16, 2016
A decent place to work with overall nice people. There are recreation areas with ping pong and foosball. Along with a cafe area with free Starbucks coffee. Enjoyable.
enjoyed teaching
Property Appraiser (Former Employee) –  various aerasJuly 22, 2016
1.field work,assisting others.2.the variety of people and the way they think.3. very good to work with.4. good people.5.the hostile ones.6.the travel, and working with people.
Pros
seeing new places.
Cons
away from family for weeks.
Internship
Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJuly 9, 2016
The internship at Tyler Renton Engineering team is terrible; it is a waste of time if you want to learn from the best. My mentor was a bearded man from Pakistan. He was introduced to me as a senior engineering resources. But to my surprise, he lacks the basic computer science knowledge and his job knowledge is really poor. He is frequently absent from work and when he is occasionally present, he would swoop in to check on me in the most intrusively manner as if i am the slacker.
Pros
Other young interns; corporate experience
Cons
Employees and managers are weak in job knowledge; the people are political; cannot learn anything
Good Company with growing pains
Confidential Employee (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 1, 2016
Tyler is a good company with growing pains. It has younger managers that haven't been developed as there is not a true internal learning management team. Because it is a niche market, they promote within. It's a stable company with good people overall, but the wages are not always competitive and each department varies. There are pros and cons with every company and the pros at Tyler far exceed the cons unless you fall under the wrong management team.
Solid leadership with team approach
Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 25, 2016
Tyler has been the greatest work experience of my life. Varied, challenging, appreciative, and the leader in the software industry for public sector.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tyler Technologies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9