Tyler Technologies, Inc.

Tyler Technologies, Inc. Employee Reviews in United States

Internship
Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJuly 9, 2016
The internship at Tyler Renton Engineering team is terrible; it is a waste of time if you want to learn from the best. My mentor was a bearded man from Pakistan. He was introduced to me as a senior engineering resources. But to my surprise, he lacks the basic computer science knowledge and his job knowledge is really poor. He is frequently absent from work and when he is occasionally present, he would swoop in to check on me in the most intrusively manner as if i am the slacker.
Pros
Other young interns; corporate experience
Cons
Employees and managers are weak in job knowledge; the people are political; cannot learn anything
Good Company with growing pains
Confidential Employee (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 1, 2016
Tyler is a good company with growing pains. It has younger managers that haven't been developed as there is not a true internal learning management team. Because it is a niche market, they promote within. It's a stable company with good people overall, but the wages are not always competitive and each department varies. There are pros and cons with every company and the pros at Tyler far exceed the cons unless you fall under the wrong management team.
Declining company; bad culture; ineffective management
Software Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAMay 21, 2016
The company is in decline and failing to catch up with modern technologies; it is gradually losing market share to competitors.

The Renton office is downsizing and has reduced to outsourcing shop for junk work.

The job is easy for a computer science graduate but coworkers are low-calibre.
Pros
Shared van pool in and out of Renton; decent working hours; casual dress code
Cons
Managers have little outside experience and have no clue what's happening in the marketplace, salary is below par and so-called promotion is just a title change with minimum raise, the company is regularly getting rid of team members every year, it is hard to hear honest feedback from the management
Bad Company from CEO down to its project managers
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYMarch 30, 2016
This company is run poorly ,has a big employee turnover. Their benefits system and structure is horrible. They do not like anything associated with the phrase overtime because they were sued for it already by a class action lawsuit from former and present employees. They use people like old socks . The project manager in this office was horrendous, inept and a blowhard with no people skills . He treated and talked to his employees like trash . I really don't understand how anybody could even write this company in a favorable light unless they are in a position where they could hide from company management / mismanagement.
Pros
Its a job, barely
Cons
See review
A great place to work.
Office Manager / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COApril 10, 2016
I loved my time here. Had the position not been a temporary assignment, I would definitely still be there. I was able to use my extensive hospitality and management experience to excel as an administrative assistant.
Pros
Great environment.
Cons
None.
Fun and enjoyable summer IT Internship
IT Internship (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CODecember 23, 2015
Daily responsibilities included showing up at a timely manor. Rebuild laptop and desktop computers with hardware and software installation. I learned the responsibility of the basics of computer hardware and software. This position taught Me how to manage My time. I worked with the IT team manager closely. The hardest part of the job would be troubleshooting hardware problems. Most enjoyable part of the job was learning was learning computer technology and being able to resolve most or all the issues.
Pros
Meeting new people, Learned new skills
Cons
No pay
Productive, Adopting new technologies.
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOApril 1, 2016
Environment is cool here. Managers are very helpful and cooperative. People tend to support you in case of any hurdles. complementation is the most enjoyable part.
Pros
Good management
Cons
low salary ranges.
Cerebrally challenging and fun
CSR (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXDecember 9, 2015
I enjoyed my work with Tyler Technologies, unfortunately this was only a contract job and I had no ability to move upward with this company.

I was able to use my research skills, which is why I attended college. And I love the legal research profession as well as law enforcement so this was essentially "right up my alley".

Management was always very approachable; co-workers amiable and friendly, and I really appreciated working on the top floor of the building as it gave me a chance to climb several flights of stairs daily and helped me to build up the muscles in my legs. This part was a bonus!
Solid leadership with team approach
Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 25, 2016
Tyler has been the greatest work experience of my life. Varied, challenging, appreciative, and the leader in the software industry for public sector.
Good Company
Data Entry Clerk for the Town of Voorhees (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJMarch 3, 2016
Setting appointments for homes to be assessed for tax purposes. I learned to draw sketches on the computer. Management was great as well as co-workers.
Agree with others. Bad management style, terrible year review process, no work/life balance
Worker (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 4, 2016
This company will run you to the ground. I actually like to be busy, it keeps me focused and not drifting off to la la land. But up to 300 emails in a day, hmm well ya thats kind of not fun. Management style is weird, they are always busy all the time and then swoop in to tell you how much you suck. Unless you are the most amazing worker ever, then you are praised. If you are the most amazing worker ever usually you are already being praised, but over and over again, I think they can pick other people to bring up. Stressful fast environment. They did mention that they build marriage like long term relationships and want you to work there. But will let you go like a bad one night stand. Or maybe a Brittney Spears marriage? Processes are still new and changing and they are always trying to identify themselves. So, once you get the hang of it, you will be doing something else that you have to figure out.
Lots of good things, people are nice, campus is nice. Work sucks overall. 21 years in IT.
Great Opportunitues to Advance
Business & Design Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 1, 2015
An innovative corporation offering integrated software solutions for the private sector. Relaxed atmosphere with excellent work/life balance. Great benefits package offered. Lots of opportunity to travel. All in all, a great place to work with unlimited opportunities for a rewarding career in software.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, Breaks offered as needed, Lots of opportunity for growth, Education Reimbursements for courses related to career
amazing
Office Manger (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 28, 2016
Working at this place was amazing i loved the work and the team i worked with. it was a nice environment and relaxed. not to hectic just right
Great work Environment
Software Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  DuluthSeptember 22, 2015
These guys really know how to treat their employees. Great atmosphere. I honestly have no complaints. You may find that the position you are in is not for you but growth is encouraged here.
Pros
Free lunches almost weekly, Fun environment, Massive room for growth
Cons
Sometimes the work can be pretty boring
Great Company
Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 25, 2015
Tyler Technologies is a great company to work for. They are growing dramatically at a rapid pace. If you are looking for a challenging career in Technology then this is the place to be.
Pros
Travel
Cons
travel
Not good at Training Implementation Consultants
Training Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYJuly 11, 2015
The biggest issue with any Tyler product is the training. In my office, I had to learn by myself, follow a mentor, the mentor observed me once, and then I was on my own. They lack agendas, checklists, and why you setup the software the way you do.

Pay is horrible, too. Expect us to learn multiple products with a simple base pay. The annual bonus was worth thousands of dollars, which is the only positive.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Trainer-the-Trainer Program is horrible
Pretty on the outside, rotten on the inside
Principal Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 24, 2015
What started out as a great company with high ethics - has degenerated into a scary place to work, with trickle-down fear tactics being coached by the head of HR.

Salaries are stagnant and falling below both local and national levels. Raises are stuck at an annual 2-3%, with little to no merit pay increase.

They are hiring in support and implementation left and right because the turnover is so high.

Management is distant, and they're constantly experimenting with new pay structures and cost efficiencies to drive up stock prices - at the expense of long term employees that have spent years dedicating themselves to the company, at their own personal expense - because of fleeting promises of promotion or pay increase.

You'll probably enjoy your first couple of years there - but after that, disillusionment will set in.
Pros
Free sodas and often free lunches
Cons
Stagnant salaries and fear tactics
Best Job Ever!
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, NJOctober 21, 2015
This job was the absolute best. I learned a lot and I had major responsibilities that increased my knowledge on a ton of things.
Pros
Great Learnin experiance
Cons
nothing
Great work place
Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEOctober 7, 2015
Great company to work with with continuous growth opportunities. The morale of the company is great and I would recommend this company as a great place to work
excellent organization with a team type culture
Solutions Consultant (Current Employee) –  New YorkAugust 19, 2015
Tyler Technologies offers many opportunities and a true culture of team cohesiveness. Management supports the role of each individual on their respective teams.
Pros
Great company culture

Tyler Technologies, Inc. Reviews by Location