Tyler Technologies, Inc.

Tyler Technologies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Agree with others. Bad management style, terrible year review process, no work/life balance
Worker (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 4, 2016
This company will run you to the ground. I actually like to be busy, it keeps me focused and not drifting off to la la land. But up to 300 emails in a day, hmm well ya thats kind of not fun. Management style is weird, they are always busy all the time and then swoop in to tell you how much you suck. Unless you are the most amazing worker ever, then you are praised. If you are the most amazing worker ever usually you are already being praised, but over and over again, I think they can pick other people to bring up. Stressful fast environment. They did mention that they build marriage like long term relationships and want you to work there. But will let you go like a bad one night stand. Or maybe a Brittney Spears marriage? Processes are still new and changing and they are always trying to identify themselves. So, once you get the hang of it, you will be doing something else that you have to figure out.
Lots of good things, people are nice, campus is nice. Work sucks overall. 21 years in IT.
Fun and enjoyable summer IT Internship
IT Internship (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CODecember 23, 2015
Daily responsibilities included showing up at a timely manor. Rebuild laptop and desktop computers with hardware and software installation. I learned the responsibility of the basics of computer hardware and software. This position taught Me how to manage My time. I worked with the IT team manager closely. The hardest part of the job would be troubleshooting hardware problems. Most enjoyable part of the job was learning was learning computer technology and being able to resolve most or all the issues.
Pros
Meeting new people, Learned new skills
Cons
No pay
Cerebrally challenging and fun
CSR (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXDecember 9, 2015
I enjoyed my work with Tyler Technologies, unfortunately this was only a contract job and I had no ability to move upward with this company.

I was able to use my research skills, which is why I attended college. And I love the legal research profession as well as law enforcement so this was essentially "right up my alley".

Management was always very approachable; co-workers amiable and friendly, and I really appreciated working on the top floor of the building as it gave me a chance to climb several flights of stairs daily and helped me to build up the muscles in my legs. This part was a bonus!
Great Company
Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 25, 2015
Tyler Technologies is a great company to work for. They are growing dramatically at a rapid pace. If you are looking for a challenging career in Technology then this is the place to be.
Pros
Travel
Cons
travel
Best Job Ever!
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, NJOctober 21, 2015
This job was the absolute best. I learned a lot and I had major responsibilities that increased my knowledge on a ton of things.
Pros
Great Learnin experiance
Cons
nothing
Great work place
Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEOctober 7, 2015
Great company to work with with continuous growth opportunities. The morale of the company is great and I would recommend this company as a great place to work
Great Opportunitues to Advance
Business & Design Analyst (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXOctober 1, 2015
An innovative corporation offering integrated software solutions for the private sector. Relaxed atmosphere with excellent work/life balance. Great benefits package offered. Lots of opportunity to travel. All in all, a great place to work with unlimited opportunities for a rewarding career in software.
Pros
Friendly co-workers, Breaks offered as needed, Lots of opportunity for growth, Education Reimbursements for courses related to career
Great work Environment
Software Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  DuluthSeptember 22, 2015
These guys really know how to treat their employees. Great atmosphere. I honestly have no complaints. You may find that the position you are in is not for you but growth is encouraged here.
Pros
Free lunches almost weekly, Fun environment, Massive room for growth
Cons
Sometimes the work can be pretty boring
Experimental and interesting opportunity
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYSeptember 10, 2015
This job is for anyone to take advantage of as a learning opportunity. With little skills in the clerical line of work I was hired and allowed to expand my knowledge in a field I had never imagined I would explore...taxes. Tyler Technologies deals with the property taxes of commercial and residential lands and along with the cooperating town halls decide upon a formula that will either higher, lower or remain the resident's taxes. I have definitely grown in office skills such as scanning, emailing, organizing paperwork, data entry, Microsoft word and excel spreadsheets and filing. Among those skills the most important tool was my ability, speed and efficiency of data entry. As the receptionist and a data entry clerk my duties varied and more often than not spilled over. I could be responsible for scheduling appointments over the phones for residents to allow us in their homes or data entering a large pile of paperwork into our unique computer systems. The work environment is very relaxed, barely any hard to follow rules or conditions and very accommodating. My coworkers however aren't the best of the best, because of the lax environment some people more than others take advantage and use work time for personal things like phone calls, online shopping, e.t.c. The hardest part of my job was to develop time management in where I was able to handle all my responsibilities as differentiating as they were.
Pros
Relaxed environment allowing music or entertainment during work hours, learning opportunities, work space
Cons
Little to no benefits, yearly raises, co-workers, unstable employment
Financial Software Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 1, 2015
The culture is very good and the company was growing at a rapid pace. Sometimes the growth was a bit overwhelming as the company could not hire employees fast enough to meet demands.
Pretty on the outside, rotten on the inside
Principal Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 24, 2015
What started out as a great company with high ethics - has degenerated into a scary place to work, with trickle-down fear tactics being coached by the head of HR.

Salaries are stagnant and falling below both local and national levels. Raises are stuck at an annual 2-3%, with little to no merit pay increase.

They are hiring in support and implementation left and right because the turnover is so high.

Management is distant, and they're constantly experimenting with new pay structures and cost efficiencies to drive up stock prices - at the expense of long term employees that have spent years dedicating themselves to the company, at their own personal expense - because of fleeting promises of promotion or pay increase.

You'll probably enjoy your first couple of years there - but after that, disillusionment will set in.
Pros
Free sodas and often free lunches
Cons
Stagnant salaries and fear tactics
excellent organization with a team type culture
Solutions Consultant (Current Employee) –  New YorkAugust 19, 2015
Tyler Technologies offers many opportunities and a true culture of team cohesiveness. Management supports the role of each individual on their respective teams.
Pros
Great company culture
Cons
Once a bastion of professional development...
ARCHITECT (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 9, 2015
Once this company was a startup with just one client, and the company put a real premium on developer creativity and professional development. The growing pains of commercial success have worked against this culture, and now it is a bit technologically stagnant.
The work/life balance of Tyler is excellent, and they certainly have a beautiful campus. But management has failed to face the challenges of keeping up with modern technology and have failed to foster a culture of trust, creativity, and personal growth. The sudden influx of money has created an atmosphere of irrational exuberance at the executive level, and the company has taken its eye off the ball, allowing competitors to begin to gain ground.
If your main goal is stability, this place may be a good bet for you. If your goal is to remain relevant in today's technology marketplace, perhaps you should look elsewhere.
Pros
Subsidized lunches, workout facility, tennis courts, running track, stability, work/life balance
Cons
Lack of competent leadership, lackluster culture, old and ailing technologies, hostile environment at times
Not good at Training Implementation Consultants
Training Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYJuly 11, 2015
The biggest issue with any Tyler product is the training. In my office, I had to learn by myself, follow a mentor, the mentor observed me once, and then I was on my own. They lack agendas, checklists, and why you setup the software the way you do.

Pay is horrible, too. Expect us to learn multiple products with a simple base pay. The annual bonus was worth thousands of dollars, which is the only positive.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Trainer-the-Trainer Program is horrible
My opinion
Temporary Support Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 9, 2015
The best job I have ever been one. An amazing company with great staff as well as job culture. A great job for stability. Great benefits and makes you feel apart of the team. Very team orientated.
No Security
Deployment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 24, 2015
The current management team in the local government division likes to keep everyone paranoid about if they will have a job.
A Great Company to Work for.
Installation Engineer (Current Employee) –  Falmouth, MEMarch 3, 2015
Tyler is a great company to work for.
The management style is excellent; very hands off.
The employees are treated very well.
The work is very interesting.
Pros
the culture is very technical.
Cons
busy.
Good for starters
Software Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAFebruary 12, 2015
Good place to work and learn gain new skills, gain domain knowledge in ERP world.. Benefits are good.. pay is less than average .... Too much emphasis on work timings, and very less work flexibility
Great Company
Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  MaineNovember 2, 2014
Love everything about Tyler Technologies except the extensive travel.
Pros
outstanding benefits
Cons
weekly travel
Productive and stable work
Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Falmouth, MaineOctober 20, 2014
Traveling weekly to train clients on the use of financial software. Most difficult part of job is the increased travel time and the lack of training provided for the position.

Coworkers are awesome, for the most part team players, but very busy as well with travel schedules.