Tyler Technologies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Good people frustrated by bad product
Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GANovember 21, 2016
The software is over-complicated and unstable. Clients are constantly frustrated. Employees are constantly frustrated. Apathy is the only way out. If you don't mind missed deadline, unmet commitments, meaningless promises, and general confusion without solution, you could be perfectly okay.
Pros
Good parent company
Cons
Dysfunction local one
Excellent place
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Falmouth, MENovember 9, 2016
Corporate culture is amazing, great team. The only pitfall is that they don't pay (me) enough to support my family. We will never get ahead in life unless I find more money.
Just started but great workplace
Data Entry Clerk (Current Employee) –  Stroudsburg, PAOctober 27, 2016
I just started but I really like working here. I love the hours, I work 8-5. The pay is okay for what we are doing. They are very cooperative with your situation.
Run, worst job ever
Held (Software Support Specialist) (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, AROctober 20, 2016
Horrible company to work for. Absolutely no training no respect for the employees and an excessive amount of work load with no management or guidance. DO NOT WAIST YOUR TIME WITH THIS COMPANY.
Pros
THE PAY
Cons
LACK OF TRAINING
Good Team
Residential Data Collector - City of Warwick (Former Employee) –  Warwick, RISeptember 22, 2016
I enjoyed interviewing the homeowner's about their properties and updating the properties' information on the tax field cards.

I didn't enjoy having to walk onto the properties without the owner's permission or knowledge. One of my responsibilities was to measure the exterior of the home and I would have to walk into the back yard even if there was a fence. The majority of the time no one was at home.

My immediate supervisor was very understanding about this situation and also gave me guidance and if I needed his assistance he would meet me right away.
Pros
Worked outside in the warm weather. Flexible hours. Goals were explained clearly.
Cons
Worked outside in the cold weaather.
Untrained Management, Untrained Employees, Defective&Outdated Software
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  NYSeptember 2, 2016
One has only to read the countless complaints about Tyler Technologies in order to get a grasp of how terrible this company is, In service , in product, In management. Their software is hard to mesh with existing software, which causes errors and downtime. The HR is a nightmare, the training is non-existant. People are hired with NO working knowledge of the job they were hired to perform. Causing huge headaches for the clients, audits of Tyler's property assessments are a routine thing, as they make phenominal errors. And the software is nothing to brag about, Competitors are creating and have available far better software. From the CEO to the call center...this place just plain sucks.
Pros
your day off
Cons
low pay, stressful work environment, no training
Tyler Tech Review
Solution Consultant (Former Employee) –  Troy, MIAugust 16, 2016
A decent place to work with overall nice people. There are recreation areas with ping pong and foosball. Along with a cafe area with free Starbucks coffee. Enjoyable.
enjoyed teaching
Property Appraiser (Former Employee) –  various aerasJuly 22, 2016
1.field work,assisting others.2.the variety of people and the way they think.3. very good to work with.4. good people.5.the hostile ones.6.the travel, and working with people.
Pros
seeing new places.
Cons
away from family for weeks.
Internship
Software Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Renton, WAJuly 9, 2016
The internship at Tyler Renton Engineering team is terrible; it is a waste of time if you want to learn from the best. My mentor was a bearded man from Pakistan. He was introduced to me as a senior engineering resources. But to my surprise, he lacks the basic computer science knowledge and his job knowledge is really poor. He is frequently absent from work and when he is occasionally present, he would swoop in to check on me in the most intrusively manner as if i am the slacker.
Pros
Other young interns; corporate experience
Cons
Employees and managers are weak in job knowledge; the people are political; cannot learn anything
Good Company with growing pains
Confidential Employee (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJune 1, 2016
Tyler is a good company with growing pains. It has younger managers that haven't been developed as there is not a true internal learning management team. Because it is a niche market, they promote within. It's a stable company with good people overall, but the wages are not always competitive and each department varies. There are pros and cons with every company and the pros at Tyler far exceed the cons unless you fall under the wrong management team.
Solid leadership with team approach
Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 25, 2016
Tyler has been the greatest work experience of my life. Varied, challenging, appreciative, and the leader in the software industry for public sector.
Declining company; bad culture; ineffective management
Software Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Renton, WAMay 21, 2016
The company is in decline and failing to catch up with modern technologies; it is gradually losing market share to competitors.

The Renton office is downsizing and has reduced to outsourcing shop for junk work.

The job is easy for a computer science graduate but coworkers are low-calibre.
Pros
Shared van pool in and out of Renton; decent working hours; casual dress code
Cons
Managers have little outside experience and have no clue what's happening in the marketplace, salary is below par and so-called promotion is just a title change with minimum raise, the company is regularly getting rid of team members every year, it is hard to hear honest feedback from the management
A great place to work.
Office Manager / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, COApril 10, 2016
I loved my time here. Had the position not been a temporary assignment, I would definitely still be there. I was able to use my extensive hospitality and management experience to excel as an administrative assistant.
Pros
Great environment.
Cons
None.
Productive, Adopting new technologies.
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Saint Louis County, MOApril 1, 2016
Environment is cool here. Managers are very helpful and cooperative. People tend to support you in case of any hurdles. complementation is the most enjoyable part.
Pros
Good management
Cons
low salary ranges.
Bad Company from CEO down to its project managers
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Tarrytown, NYMarch 30, 2016
This company is run poorly ,has a big employee turnover. Their benefits system and structure is horrible. They do not like anything associated with the phrase overtime because they were sued for it already by a class action lawsuit from former and present employees. They use people like old socks . The project manager in this office was horrendous, inept and a blowhard with no people skills . He treated and talked to his employees like trash . I really don't understand how anybody could even write this company in a favorable light unless they are in a position where they could hide from company management / mismanagement.
Pros
Its a job, barely
Cons
See review
Good Company
Data Entry Clerk for the Town of Voorhees (Former Employee) –  Voorhees, NJMarch 3, 2016
Setting appointments for homes to be assessed for tax purposes. I learned to draw sketches on the computer. Management was great as well as co-workers.
amazing
Office Manger (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 28, 2016
Working at this place was amazing i loved the work and the team i worked with. it was a nice environment and relaxed. not to hectic just right
Agree with others. Bad management style, terrible year review process, no work/life balance
Worker (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXJanuary 4, 2016
This company will run you to the ground. I actually like to be busy, it keeps me focused and not drifting off to la la land. But up to 300 emails in a day, hmm well ya thats kind of not fun. Management style is weird, they are always busy all the time and then swoop in to tell you how much you suck. Unless you are the most amazing worker ever, then you are praised. If you are the most amazing worker ever usually you are already being praised, but over and over again, I think they can pick other people to bring up. Stressful fast environment. They did mention that they build marriage like long term relationships and want you to work there. But will let you go like a bad one night stand. Or maybe a Brittney Spears marriage? Processes are still new and changing and they are always trying to identify themselves. So, once you get the hang of it, you will be doing something else that you have to figure out.
Lots of good things, people are nice, campus is nice. Work sucks overall. 21 years in IT.
Fun and enjoyable summer IT Internship
IT Internship (Former Employee) –  Lakewood, CODecember 23, 2015
Daily responsibilities included showing up at a timely manor. Rebuild laptop and desktop computers with hardware and software installation. I learned the responsibility of the basics of computer hardware and software. This position taught Me how to manage My time. I worked with the IT team manager closely. The hardest part of the job would be troubleshooting hardware problems. Most enjoyable part of the job was learning was learning computer technology and being able to resolve most or all the issues.
Pros
Meeting new people, Learned new skills
Cons
No pay
Cerebrally challenging and fun
CSR (Former Employee) –  Longview, TXDecember 9, 2015
I enjoyed my work with Tyler Technologies, unfortunately this was only a contract job and I had no ability to move upward with this company.

I was able to use my research skills, which is why I attended college. And I love the legal research profession as well as law enforcement so this was essentially "right up my alley".

Management was always very approachable; co-workers amiable and friendly, and I really appreciated working on the top floor of the building as it gave me a chance to climb several flights of stairs daily and helped me to build up the muscles in my legs. This part was a bonus!