Tyler Technologies, Inc. Employee Reviews

Great work Environment
Software Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  DuluthSeptember 22, 2015
These guys really know how to treat their employees. Great atmosphere. I honestly have no complaints. You may find that the position you are in is not for you but growth is encouraged here.
Pros
Free lunches almost weekly, Fun environment, Massive room for growth
Cons
Sometimes the work can be pretty boring
amazing
Office Manger (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 28, 2016
Working at this place was amazing i loved the work and the team i worked with. it was a nice environment and relaxed. not to hectic just right
Not good at Training Implementation Consultants
Training Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Latham, NYJuly 11, 2015
The biggest issue with any Tyler product is the training. In my office, I had to learn by myself, follow a mentor, the mentor observed me once, and then I was on my own. They lack agendas, checklists, and why you setup the software the way you do.

Pay is horrible, too. Expect us to learn multiple products with a simple base pay. The annual bonus was worth thousands of dollars, which is the only positive.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Trainer-the-Trainer Program is horrible
Great Company
Implementation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 25, 2015
Tyler Technologies is a great company to work for. They are growing dramatically at a rapid pace. If you are looking for a challenging career in Technology then this is the place to be.
Pros
Travel
Cons
travel
Pretty on the outside, rotten on the inside
Principal Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXAugust 24, 2015
What started out as a great company with high ethics - has degenerated into a scary place to work, with trickle-down fear tactics being coached by the head of HR.

Salaries are stagnant and falling below both local and national levels. Raises are stuck at an annual 2-3%, with little to no merit pay increase.

They are hiring in support and implementation left and right because the turnover is so high.

Management is distant, and they're constantly experimenting with new pay structures and cost efficiencies to drive up stock prices - at the expense of long term employees that have spent years dedicating themselves to the company, at their own personal expense - because of fleeting promises of promotion or pay increase.

You'll probably enjoy your first couple of years there - but after that, disillusionment will set in.
Pros
Free sodas and often free lunches
Cons
Stagnant salaries and fear tactics
excellent organization with a team type culture
Solutions Consultant (Current Employee) –  New YorkAugust 19, 2015
Tyler Technologies offers many opportunities and a true culture of team cohesiveness. Management supports the role of each individual on their respective teams.
Pros
Great company culture
Great work place
Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEOctober 7, 2015
Great company to work with with continuous growth opportunities. The morale of the company is great and I would recommend this company as a great place to work
Best Job Ever!
Office Clerk (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, NJOctober 21, 2015
This job was the absolute best. I learned a lot and I had major responsibilities that increased my knowledge on a ton of things.
Pros
Great Learnin experiance
Cons
nothing
Financial Software Specialist (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXSeptember 1, 2015
The culture is very good and the company was growing at a rapid pace. Sometimes the growth was a bit overwhelming as the company could not hire employees fast enough to meet demands.
Cutting edge technology for government clients
Application Specialist (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMay 10, 2014
I worked for this company for 12 years. As the corporation stepped in to normalize all companies under their umbrella the working atmosphere became less comfortable, though for the most part the people in this company are highly intelligent and easy to work with. Management, on the other hand depends on the department. The support department management is immature. I enjoyed most of the 12 years I worked for this company, especially as a programmer/developer.
Pros
Moving up on the stock market, company stock plan, Happy people
Cons
Management in some departments is immature and untrained.
Fast paced, competative and growing Software Company.
ERP Financial & Payroll, HR Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZApril 21, 2014
Tyler is a leading Software company with several software applications to serve and empower the public. Tyler is committed to helping the industry be more efficent in the everyday in tasks requried to be successfull in Local Government entities.
Pros
Travel, always learning, helping the clients to be more efficent in a job.
Cons
Several Software versions per year and no formal PM training program.
Worst place I've ever worked for
contract appraiser (Former Employee) –  everywhereApril 10, 2012
Worst place I've ever worked for. The money was ok, but the project manager was not experienced enough to have that position. They had no more experience than me and they couldnt even do the job. If u are a appraiser dont try to go above and beyond for them cause its not good enough you will be let go. Make sure you keep track of your own hours cause they will try and cheat you out of alot of money, I think they try and see what you will notice. hope you get work where it doesnt rain or snow cause you wont get no hours at all
Pros
decent money and outside environment
Cons
cheat you out of money, not enough hours, bad management
Very Dry Culture
Support (Former Employee) –  PlanoAugust 2, 2012
Was there for a few months, was separated because I did not 'git-it'. No personalities, they ignore you. No positive structure ~ stay away from Appraisal & Tax in Plano TX. Manager has a cold bladed personality and the rest of the members are just the same.. rug mats. If you have no personality, then knock yourself out.

Some of the Programmers and Developers were awesome hard working folks. All of Management needs to be dropped in the middle of Harlem NY for a few weeks to learn how to communicate and deal with people better.
Pros
free coffee, tea and soda
Cons
bunch of wierdos
This company was a joy to work for.
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Providence, RISeptember 13, 2012
I worked at city hall in the tax assesors office. I was to enter data collected, answer phones, make appoint ments, fax information and explain the worksheets sent to customers. I learned ow to enter data in that setting. The manager was neutral and let us work independently. The hardest part about the job was meeting the weekly quota. The best part about the job was the hours. I worked from 9am to 3pm which was comfortable for me.
Pros
the hours, the pay, the location
Cons
being laid off.
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 16, 2012
A typical day at work would be to enter data in the computer that the supervisor assign us to do that day. What I learned was how many properties was appraised. My management was awesome/ My co workers was very nice and some were not to nice which that they have that on every job. The hardest part of the job was making sure that you didn't enter incorrect data for properties because that can really cause problems. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning different types of things that are valued on a property.
Pros
every weekend off
Cons
messy co workers
Travel, travel, travel
Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Yarmouth, MEApril 9, 2013
Very successful company - lots of great positions. Implementation is very travel focused, it is your managers job to keep you on the road. With that said, it is tough for training because everyone else in your position is on the road so need to be self-study able. If you love living out of hotels and seeing different areas while on the job - that is what you will get. Great fit for some people, not great for others. Supportive coworkers!
Pros
travel incentives, successful company
Cons
self-study focused, intensely travel focused
Terrible experience
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Plano, TXMarch 22, 2013
I had a really bad experience working for this company. Management is completely unorganized. I can say some departments are good because experiences from friends but my department which dealt mostly with developing, supporting and maintaining the software was really in bad shape.
On the other hand, some co-workers are great but others are arrogant jerks.

I am glad I got myself another job in a much better environment.
benefits
Cons
arrogant people, unorganized management, stressful environment
My opinion
Temporary Support Center Representative (Current Employee) –  Plano, TXJuly 9, 2015
The best job I have ever been one. An amazing company with great staff as well as job culture. A great job for stability. Great benefits and makes you feel apart of the team. Very team orientated.
Great People
Implementation Consultant (Former Employee) –  Yarmouth, MEMay 7, 2013
I was in the Tyler Munis financials division. I enjoyed working with the other implementers, the supporting personnel in Maine and of course the clients. The hardest part I had with this position was learning the finite details of financials. I further learned that clients can be very political with their demands. I found saying the slightest wrong thing would reverberate back to the Tyler management. Over all, this was very educational for me. It was an experience I learned from and I now have a much better understanding of what and how to be an implementation consultant. However, I do believe I would be better consulting in a field I had more experience, such as law and justice (e.g. courts) or the grocery business.
Pros
Great travel perks and opportunity to meet people.
Cons
Minimal training education for new implementers
Reassessment Division Specialist (Former Employee) –  LaPorte, INOctober 25, 2012
This was a very temporary position but I loved it. The employees were all great and the managers made the job a better experience. They were contracted out by the county government in my area all the way from Texas. Had they been closer so that I wouldn't have to re-locate, I would have stayed on with them.
Pros
great work environment
Cons
out of state

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tyler Technologies, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Indeed Prime: Apply to 100 top tech companies with 1 application

100% free. Land your dream job and get $2k. Interested employers will reach out with salary and equity upfront.

Learn more about Indeed Prime