Tyler Technologies

Tyler Technologies Employee Reviews

A Great Company to Work for.
Installation Engineer (Current Employee), Falmouth, MEMarch 3, 2015
Pros: the culture is very technical.
Cons: busy.
Tyler is a great company to work for.
The management style is excellent; very hands off.
The employees are treated very well.
The work is very interesting.
Good for starters
Software Engineer II (Current Employee), Renton, WAFebruary 12, 2015
Good place to work and learn gain new skills, gain domain knowledge in ERP world.. Benefits are good.. pay is less than average .... Too much emphasis on work timings, and very less work flexibility
Great Company
Implementation Consultant (Former Employee), MaineNovember 2, 2014
Pros: outstanding benefits
Cons: weekly travel
Love everything about Tyler Technologies except the extensive travel.
Overall great company
Project Manager - Remote (Current Employee), Lakewood, COOctober 6, 2014
This company overall is great to work for and the rewards are on par with the industry. Great insurance and perks. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Good pay, micromanagement, no job security
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Falmouth, MESeptember 15, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: you are just a number.employees get replaced constantly for no reason
Good pay, micromanagement, no job security. You are just a number.Employees get replaced constantly for no reason all the time. No job security.
Typical Work Day
HR Assistant (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXJuly 29, 2014
Would arrive to work and work. Would talk to people when needed help or questions answered. Is a laid back and family place to work.
Productive, informative and fun workplace
Property Appraisal/Data Collector (Former Employee), East Orange, NJMay 16, 2014
I learned a lot about collecting information on residential properties and their histories. The most enjoyable part of the job was measuring the houses and drawing a blueprint of the floor plans.
Cutting edge technology for government clients
Application Specialist (Former Employee), Plano, TXMay 10, 2014
Pros: moving up on the stock market, company stock plan, happy people
Cons: management in some departments is immature and untrained.
I worked for this company for 12 years. As the corporation stepped in to normalize all companies under their umbrella the working atmosphere became less comfortable, though for the most part the people in this company are highly intelligent and easy to work with. Management, on the other hand depends on the department. The support department management is immature. I enjoyed most of the 12 years I worked for this company, especially as a programmer/developer.
work hard
Data Collector (Former Employee), Santa fe nmApril 23, 2014
work good alone and great with others. also like working outside
Fast paced, competative and growing Software Company.
ERP Financial & Payroll, HR Project Manager (Current Employee), Tempe, AZApril 21, 2014
Pros: travel, always learning, helping the clients to be more efficent in a job.
Cons: several software versions per year and no formal pm training program.
Tyler is a leading Software company with several software applications to serve and empower the public. Tyler is committed to helping the industry be more efficent in the everyday in tasks requried to be successfull in Local Government entities.
Very nice company to work for. Good people in the field and with management.
Driver (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 25, 2014
It was a good experience. I wish it could have lasted longer.
Great company to work for
IT Specialist (Current Employee), Plano,TXSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: stability, growth
Cons: communication could be better
Tyler Technologies is a great company to work for, with constant growth and market leading technology solutions.
Medium Sized Company going for the Big Fish
Implementation Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Plano, TXMay 21, 2013
Pros: great compensation
Cons: no work life balance
Tyler is a fast growing software company that caters to all facets of the public sector. Tyler Technologies - Courts and Justice department is on the cutting edge of new technology with is SessionWorks Judges Edition software and Tyler Jury.
Great People
Implementation Consultant (Former Employee), Yarmouth, MEMay 7, 2013
Pros: great travel perks and opportunity to meet people.
Cons: minimal training education for new implementers
I was in the Tyler Munis financials division. I enjoyed working with the other implementers, the supporting personnel in Maine and of course the clients. The hardest part I had with this position was learning the finite details of financials. I further learned that clients can be very political with their demands. I found saying the slightest wrong thing would reverberate back to the Tyler management. Over all, this was very educational for me. It was an experience I learned from and I now have a much better understanding of what and how to be an implementation consultant. However, I do believe I would be better consulting in a field I had more experience, such as law and justice (e.g. courts) or the grocery business.
Successful company with a family environment
Implementation Consultant (Current Employee), Billings, MTApril 16, 2013
The most enjoyable part about this job are my coworkers. This company is a very friendly environment to work with.
I graduated college and was hired straight into this company. I had never worked in a professional environment before this job. Since I started I have learned a lot and have become a professional employee.
The only downfall was I got hired probably at the wrong time. In the middle of my internship my company aqcuired multiple companies. I was in a department that needed to merge these 3 companies with my department. I was still in training, but I ended up being used as a guinee pig to let them test the best way to train a new employee to be used with all 4 styles (trying to be unified and merged into 1) in our department. I ended up being trained 8 different ways which only delayed how quickly I could learn the software and be utilized the way I wanted and the company wanted.
Travel, travel, travel
Implementation Consultant (Former Employee), Yarmouth, MEApril 9, 2013
Pros: travel incentives, successful company
Cons: self-study focused, intensely travel focused
Very successful company - lots of great positions. Implementation is very travel focused, it is your managers job to keep you on the road. With that said, it is tough for training because everyone else in your position is on the road so need to be self-study able. If you love living out of hotels and seeing different areas while on the job - that is what you will get. Great fit for some people, not great for others. Supportive coworkers!
Tyler Review
Senior Manager, Marketing and Pre-Sales (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXMarch 28, 2013
Pros: work-life balance
Cons: senior management
Solid software comapny with huge potential but need some management changes.
Terrible experience
Software Developer (Former Employee), Plano, TXMarch 22, 2013
Pros: benefits
Cons: arrogant people, unorganized management, stressful environment
I had a really bad experience working for this company. Management is completely unorganized. I can say some departments are good because experiences from friends but my department which dealt mostly with developing, supporting and maintaining the software was really in bad shape.
On the other hand, some co-workers are great but others are arrogant jerks.

I am glad I got myself another job in a much better environment.
Can be good or bad, depending on your department
Content Developer (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXMarch 12, 2013
Pros: fancy building, free soda, company parties/events, generally friendly culture.
Cons: inexperienced management, low salaries, executives are usually blocked off.
Some people who work at Tyler are amazing. Some people who work there should be fired immediately. It all depends on which department you work in, and who your boss is. Unfortunately, Tyler has been growing so fast for the last several years that many people in management positions simply shouldn't be there, and have no training in leading others. The head of HR also believes in trickle-down fear tactics to keep people in line.

Cross-promotion and upward mobility are almost non-existent unless you have a degree that matches the new position. Unfortunately, an overemphasis is placed on masters degrees and certifications, even when they aren't necessary.

When going to negotiate your salary, make sure to be confident and ask for more. Tyler generally hires people for very little, expecting the low cost of living in Lubbock to excuse it. Also be aware, they almost never give raises of more than 2% a year. They also recently went to paying scales based on job title, rather than experience or longevity. This is seriously frustrating several current employees I'm still friends with.
Some departments are pretty good, some terrible!
Developer (Former Employee), Lubbock, TXJanuary 17, 2013
Pros: free sodas, nice building, and tyler often has parties/family game days
Cons: siloed projects/services, hr is no help, inconsistent leadership and salaries
Depending on what department and manager you get, you may have a wonderful time working at Tyler, or hate every minute of every day. Most people are friendly, but the trouble is with leadership. The head of HR is a hypocrite of the highest order, and several people throughout the company end up being promoted to managers who are either scared of their position or unqualified to lead at all. Almost no advancement opportunities are available for anyone that does not meet clients face-to-face. There's also a major problem with nepotism.

For development, there are three different versions of the same product being developed simultaneously and separately! It's a nightmare to try to transition clients from one version to another. More than half of all Tyler's software still runs on Cobol! Salaries are also wildly inconsistent. The only positions with decent pay are executives, developers, and managers. QA, support, and other less glamorous roles really get the shaft.

Worst of all, executives often make large decisions personally without regard to actual data. They also tend to fire long-standing employees for no reason and without warning.

Tyler Technologies Salaries