Tyler Technologies Employee Reviews

excellent organization with a team type culture
Solutions Consultant (Current Employee), New YorkAugust 19, 2015
Pros: Great company culture
Cons: None
Tyler Technologies offers many opportunities and a true culture of team cohesiveness. Management supports the role of each individual on their respective teams.
Once a bastion of professional development...
ARCHITECT (Current Employee), Plano, TXAugust 9, 2015
Pros: Subsidized lunches, workout facility, tennis courts, running track, stability, work/life balance
Cons: Lack of competent leadership, lackluster culture, old and ailing technologies, hostile environment at times
Once this company was a startup with just one client, and the company put a real premium on developer creativity and professional development. The growing pains of commercial success have worked against this culture, and now it is a bit technologically stagnant.
The work/life balance of Tyler is excellent, and they certainly have a beautiful campus. But management has failed to face the challenges of keeping up with modern technology and have failed to foster a culture of trust, creativity, and personal growth. The sudden influx of money has created an atmosphere of irrational exuberance at the executive level, and the company has taken its eye off the ball, allowing competitors to begin to gain ground.
If your main goal is stability, this place may be a good bet for you. If your goal is to remain relevant in today's technology marketplace, perhaps you should look elsewhere.
Not good at Training Implementation Consultants
Training Implementation Consultant (Current Employee), Latham, NYJuly 11, 2015
Pros: Autonomy
Cons: Trainer-the-Trainer Program is horrible
The biggest issue with any Tyler product is the training. In my office, I had to learn by myself, follow a mentor, the mentor observed me once, and then I was on my own. They lack agendas, checklists, and why you setup the software the way you do.

Pay is horrible, too. Expect us to learn multiple products with a simple base pay. The annual bonus was worth thousands of dollars, which is the only positive.
My opinion
Temporary Support Center Representative (Current Employee), Plano, TXJuly 9, 2015
The best job I have ever been one. An amazing company with great staff as well as job culture. A great job for stability. Great benefits and makes you feel apart of the team. Very team orientated.
No Security
Deployment Specialist (Former Employee), Tempe, AZJune 24, 2015
The current management team in the local government division likes to keep everyone paranoid about if they will have a job.
A Great Company to Work for.
Installation Engineer (Current Employee), Falmouth, MEMarch 3, 2015
Pros: the culture is very technical.
Cons: busy.
Tyler is a great company to work for.
The management style is excellent; very hands off.
The employees are treated very well.
The work is very interesting.
Good for starters
Software Engineer II (Current Employee), Renton, WAFebruary 12, 2015
Good place to work and learn gain new skills, gain domain knowledge in ERP world.. Benefits are good.. pay is less than average .... Too much emphasis on work timings, and very less work flexibility
Great Company
Implementation Consultant (Former Employee), MaineNovember 2, 2014
Pros: outstanding benefits
Cons: weekly travel
Love everything about Tyler Technologies except the extensive travel.
Overall great company
Project Manager - Remote (Current Employee), Lakewood, COOctober 6, 2014
This company overall is great to work for and the rewards are on par with the industry. Great insurance and perks. I would recommend this company to anyone.
Good pay, micromanagement, no job security
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee), Falmouth, MESeptember 15, 2014
Pros: good pay
Cons: you are just a number.employees get replaced constantly for no reason
Good pay, micromanagement, no job security. You are just a number.Employees get replaced constantly for no reason all the time. No job security.
Typical Work Day
HR Assistant (Current Employee), Lubbock, TXJuly 29, 2014
Would arrive to work and work. Would talk to people when needed help or questions answered. Is a laid back and family place to work.
Productive, informative and fun workplace
Property Appraisal/Data Collector (Former Employee), East Orange, NJMay 16, 2014
I learned a lot about collecting information on residential properties and their histories. The most enjoyable part of the job was measuring the houses and drawing a blueprint of the floor plans.
Cutting edge technology for government clients
Application Specialist (Former Employee), Plano, TXMay 10, 2014
Pros: moving up on the stock market, company stock plan, happy people
Cons: management in some departments is immature and untrained.
I worked for this company for 12 years. As the corporation stepped in to normalize all companies under their umbrella the working atmosphere became less comfortable, though for the most part the people in this company are highly intelligent and easy to work with. Management, on the other hand depends on the department. The support department management is immature. I enjoyed most of the 12 years I worked for this company, especially as a programmer/developer.
work hard
Data Collector (Former Employee), Santa fe nmApril 23, 2014
work good alone and great with others. also like working outside
Fast paced, competative and growing Software Company.
ERP Financial & Payroll, HR Project Manager (Current Employee), Tempe, AZApril 21, 2014
Pros: travel, always learning, helping the clients to be more efficent in a job.
Cons: several software versions per year and no formal pm training program.
Tyler is a leading Software company with several software applications to serve and empower the public. Tyler is committed to helping the industry be more efficent in the everyday in tasks requried to be successfull in Local Government entities.
Very nice company to work for. Good people in the field and with management.
Driver (Former Employee), Dallas, TXMarch 25, 2014
It was a good experience. I wish it could have lasted longer.
Great company to work for
IT Specialist (Current Employee), Plano,TXSeptember 5, 2013
Pros: stability, growth
Cons: communication could be better
Tyler Technologies is a great company to work for, with constant growth and market leading technology solutions.
Medium Sized Company going for the Big Fish
Implementation Project Coordinator (Former Employee), Plano, TXMay 21, 2013
Pros: great compensation
Cons: no work life balance
Tyler is a fast growing software company that caters to all facets of the public sector. Tyler Technologies - Courts and Justice department is on the cutting edge of new technology with is SessionWorks Judges Edition software and Tyler Jury.
Great People
Implementation Consultant (Former Employee), Yarmouth, MEMay 7, 2013
Pros: great travel perks and opportunity to meet people.
Cons: minimal training education for new implementers
I was in the Tyler Munis financials division. I enjoyed working with the other implementers, the supporting personnel in Maine and of course the clients. The hardest part I had with this position was learning the finite details of financials. I further learned that clients can be very political with their demands. I found saying the slightest wrong thing would reverberate back to the Tyler management. Over all, this was very educational for me. It was an experience I learned from and I now have a much better understanding of what and how to be an implementation consultant. However, I do believe I would be better consulting in a field I had more experience, such as law and justice (e.g. courts) or the grocery business.
Successful company with a family environment
Implementation Consultant (Current Employee), Billings, MTApril 16, 2013
The most enjoyable part about this job are my coworkers. This company is a very friendly environment to work with.
I graduated college and was hired straight into this company. I had never worked in a professional environment before this job. Since I started I have learned a lot and have become a professional employee.
The only downfall was I got hired probably at the wrong time. In the middle of my internship my company aqcuired multiple companies. I was in a department that needed to merge these 3 companies with my department. I was still in training, but I ended up being used as a guinee pig to let them test the best way to train a new employee to be used with all 4 styles (trying to be unified and merged into 1) in our department. I ended up being trained 8 different ways which only delayed how quickly I could learn the software and be utilized the way I wanted and the company wanted.