Tyndall Federal Credit Union Employee Reviews

Most Enjoyable Part of the Job
Human Resources Generalist (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJanuary 28, 2017
I enjoyed interacting daily with our Team Members. Tyndall has an amazing Team who are truly dedicated to helping its members achieve their financial dreams.
Was a head teller
Head Teller, Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  panama cityf lOctober 4, 2016
Would cross train others.
Rant he vault typical day did 950 transactions a day.
easy to get along with.
na
Was there 6 years great room for advancement.
Pros
worked close by location.
Cons
na
They will use you while you're needed and then dump you!
Accounting Director (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLAugust 17, 2016
This company is run by a CEO who is on an ego trip and a CHRO who has no idea what he is doing. It was my experience after five years that they will use you while your needed then suddenly eliminate your position. It was also my experience that there was not transparency between executive management and the board. I would not recommend TFCU as a positive employer. My experience was one of a toxic work environment.
Productive and Fun place to work
FSR (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLSeptember 21, 2015
A typical day is waiting on members with whatever they need. It is the CEO's mindset that we are here for the benefit of the member. Our mission and values is strongly communicated to me by my manager and I understand. With high production goals, we have fun competing against each other and have fun at work. We have a strong, caring and compassionate management team who help us with anything we need and they also help take members and never ask us to do anything that they aren't also willing to do. We have great functions for employees - movie night, shipwreck island etc.
Pros
Great salary, Great Benefits, Work Life Balance, PTO hours
Accounting Specialist (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLMay 20, 2015
This is a decent entry level job. Do not count on advancing too high in this company. They say they promote from within, but I've seen the majority of higher level supervisors they have hired came from outside the company. Also, do not expect for your ideas to be heard. Management has their favorites picked and if you are not one of them they will not listen to your ideas/suggestions. Benefits are good,
Pros
Great Benefits!
Cons
Shows favoritism
Loan & Collections Officer
Loan & Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLAugust 22, 2014
I started as a loan officer in a call center environment. I was responsible for monthly goals of cross selling and dollar amount of booked loans. I originated and processed and funded all loans. I transferred to the collections department to learn more about the industry, there I was responsible for all past due loans from 30 to 60 days delinquent. I would contact members for payment arrangements, phone payments, recovery of repossessions and foreclosures.
Good Entry Level Job
FSR (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJuly 8, 2014
This is a decent entry level job. Do not count on advancing too high in this company. They say they promote from within, but I've seen the majority of higher level supervisors they have hired came from outside the company. Also, do not expect for your ideas to be heard. Management has their favorites picked and if you are not one of them they will not listen to your ideas/suggestions. Benefits are good and the pay is ok
Pros
Benefits, 3.5 weeks paid vacation
Cons
No advancement opportunities and high turnover
Great benefits
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT REP (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 8, 2014
Tyndall was a great place to work. I enjoyed meeting new members and assisting existing members with their loan needs. There was no hard part to the job with proper training.
Benefits
Cons
breaks not given to visit with family if you didn't smoke
It used to be good
General level employee (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLNovember 5, 2013
TFCU is a huge employer in the area, it is true that they hire a lot of people, but that is because a lot of people are let go. There are very high lending goals set that have to be reached on a monthly basis, if these are not met then you can and often will be let go. Also, in order to meet such high lending goals you may be required to work a call night where you stay late making outbound calls. You may not even find out you have to work a call night until the day of. Don't get me wrong, there are good people that work there and they do try to take care of you. It is just the nature of the beast I guess.
Excellent people and fun times
Teller (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLApril 13, 2013
I worked at the main branch on 23rd street, but also worked at the Middle beach branch as well. Both were filled with a great atmosphere of people, and all the memebers on average were delightful. It's so unfortunate that I no longer work there, but in a heartbeat if given the chance I would go back. I loved it there.
Pros
awesome hours, pay, benefits, and work days
Cons
very strict with policies.

Want to know more about Tyndall Federal Credit Union?

Ask a question
Productive and satisfying place to work
Mortgage Loan Originator (Current Employee) –  Panama City, FLSeptember 6, 2012
In a typical day I would, review and work on line submited mortgage applications to get them to prelim underwriting. Meet with members and assist in the mortgage needs of that individual. Review income and asset docs provided by members. Work one on one with processors to get files clear to close. Update members, realtors and builders with status of loans. The best part of my job is helping people with dream of homeownership. I'm very hands on and a team player. I believe that I work well with my co workers to satisfy the needs of the applicant. Management is very supportive although at times I wish that my manager had better communication skills. The hardest part of my job would have to be deal with members who at times who don't understand the guidelines that we have to follow in the indusrty. How I handle that situation is listen to them and try my best to explain the requirements to where it makes sense to them.
Great Benefits!
Financial Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Port Saint Joe, FLMay 11, 2012
Great benefits and pay, very busy work atmosphere. Great coworkers and manager.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tyndall Federal Credit Union. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8