Title: Conference & Account Coordinator
Reports to: Director, Meetings + Events
Direct Reports: No full-time direct reports at this time, however, future management will be an expectation of this position. Hourly/contract assistance as needed, ancillary support from others in company with related functions.
Requirements: 4 year degree or equivalent experience required; a minimum of 2 years of related work experience in conference planning (particularly user conferences), event planning, and account management; very strong computer skills, particularly regarding Office products and willingness to experiment with new potential event planning related tools; excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to multi-task and balance different projects and clients.
- Time will be split between headquarters in Medina, MN and client offices throughout the Twin Cities.
- Assuming current level of programs, travel (including applicable site visits) is estimated to be up to 10% as well as an additional 5% of local overnight travel.
This position has primary responsibility for year-round project management of key accounts and related programs.
This position will outline an appropriate project plan and identify any resource needs to be supported by other team members or outside vendors. This position will partner closely with the current account manager/team members in order to transition the day to day leadership of the account(s) and event(s) to which they are assigned.
Additionally, this position will be an integral part of the company sales and business development functions. Periodic networking, relationship-building, and sales RFP response development will be secondary facets of this job.
Most importantly, this position will be a part of a growing organization. Therefore, the right candidate will be more interested in developing this company to its full potential than in checking off particular job functions for which the job will be responsible.
Specific position responsibilities include:
- Development and maintenance of project plans
- Development and maintenance of budgets
- Program metric setting
- Definition of responsibilities for client and Type A
- Continual project management and leadership for client and Type A
- Financial tracking and invoicing
- Assistance with marketing plans
- Strategic advising relating to marketing efforts and targets
- Strategic advising relating to content development
- Research and recommendations regarding new conference technologies and appropriate implementation
- Guidance of the session development process
- Registration oversight and reporting; Liaison to registration company or management of registration tools, depending on event and client
- Management and creation of weekly KPI
- Management of program logistics, including: signage needs, hotel rooming list, food & beverage orders, vendor specifications, etc.
- Responsible for providing recommendations, expert knowledge and experience in the strategic planning process for assigned conferences and events
- Research, evaluate and select vendors needed for event, negotiate and prepare vendor contracts for signature (internal or client)
- Negotiate contracts with such service providers and suppliers as hotels, convention centers, and speakers
- Logistically plan and manage all or sections of a meeting or event
- Coordinate logistics, such as accommodation and transportation for participants, facilities, catering, signage, displays, special needs requirements, printing and event security
- Prepare and maintain internal and external show planning documents; including check lists, on-site schedules, timelines, meeting notes, and budget spreadsheets.
- Organize and manage registration of event participants, including registration set-up, managing room blocks and providing rooming lists to hotels, managing activity participation, tracking payments (as necessary)
- Oversee orders and shipments of literature and premium items.
- Management and writing marketing communication activities, including web, print and e-communications
- Create post-event reporting for clients and internal documentation
- Conduct post-event evaluations in order to determine how future events could be improved
- Review event bills for accuracy, and approve payment
- Plan and arrange multiple meetings at one given time
- Leads and directs the work of others (in office and on-site)
- Serves as principal liaison between contractors, organizers, faculty, and administrators with regards to all facets of the logistical operations support of multiple programs and events
- Maintain relationships and knowledge by participating in industry training and staying current with industry websites and periodicals
- Work on-site for events you are involved
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Preferred Attributes of Candidate:
- Customer-service orientation
- Strong public speaking and meeting facilitation skills
- Positive and enthusiastic personality
- Leadership Skills
- Passion for conference planning
- Strong work ethic
- Willingness to do what it takes to get the work done
- Unwillingness to accept ordinary—desire to take everything “to the next level”
- Open to continual improvement on best practices and willingness to incorporate company/client’s previously established best practices into your working style
- Interest in being a part of a growing organization
Indeed - 16 months ago