Tyson Foods Incorporated

Tyson Foods Incorporated Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,563 reviews matching the search
Horrible advancement
Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARApril 1, 2016
I worked here for 3 years and the entire time, I thought it was a joke! There is no room for advancement unless you have a degree in something. (No matter how many years experience you have). If you have a problem and want to talk to someone about it, don't go to HR, they are a joke! I even went as far as speaking with the CEO about the company and my manager and NOTHING got done over it. I always felt like I could never do enough of my job correctly to get approval from management. They never gave raises or bonuses! I worked 6 days a week with promises of having off and then ended up having to come in anyway! As far as the quality of things, it is HORRIBLE!! They do not care about safety or their employees. As a QA, it doesn't matter if you're going by the spec, if it upsets one person in management, they release it anyway. Even if it doesn't abide by what the customers want. They make you feel like your job is IRRELEVANT!! Do NOT work here!!!!
Pros
People
Cons
EVERYTHING!!!
You live and you learn. Dont make the mistake!
Machine/Mixer Operator (Former Employee) –  Zeeland, MIFebruary 24, 2016
When Tyson bought out Hillshire in Zeeland the culture changed, management became aggressive and harrassing, the employees became numbers, HR was not interested in the employees concerns, lots of coworker harrassment that was not addressed, reprecussions for reporting harrassment, I loved working for Hillshire, not at all for Tyson. Thru the company buyout all the good employees were seen as threats to the management so they all got pushed out the door which is when I left. Turnover rate is over 50% so you can imagine the constant training of people who wont be there come 2 weeks. 7 days a week 24hr 365 day operation. And if they say little overtime, just sign your life away cause its daily overtime plus saturday and sundays.
Pros
Benefits, cafe, coworkers
Cons
Management, HR, No fridges for your lunch, communication, HR.
The department that I work is not productive due to they need a good quality and cleanliness
Meet Grader (Former Employee) –  Center City, MNMarch 10, 2016
For the Daily work in my Experience as first timer to work as a labor got me the big challenge and meet all kinds of skilled and none skilled workers and I learn the hardest job I ever had but I enjoy it.
The management I have had learn that they always looking for the best handling and good performing, good production,and they have a good safety guidance for everyone to avoid problem.I learned all kind of work like to monitor the right temperature of meat,control the chiller.some paper works,assemble boxes,cupping,cleaning all kind of part of meat.the hardest part is cleaning job.
Pros
The salary is fair for the indevidual catogory of kind of job
Cons
The company are generous for giving away like free food, gift during holidies and a good benefits.
Good work environment
Human Resources Clerk/benefits counselour (Former Employee) –  Tyson, Tyler Road, RussellvilleFebruary 21, 2016
I enjoy my job at an HR clerk, my days were very unpredictable, but at the same time I learned so much on all the tasks assign that I was always prepared for them. I was not just a clerk, I was treated as an another member of management and they valued my performance with each employee that came to me for help.
Hardest part to do was having to translate bad news to hard working employees that all they wanted to do was to provide for their families. And the best part was to be able to help so many people in so many different levels, and been appreciated by them as well.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Dealing with many people with so many different personalities.
Highly stressful with little home/work equality
plant assistant engineer (Former Employee) –  Goodlettsville, TNMarch 31, 2016
The culture at Tyson is highly stressful for all team members, The production team is not fully held accountable for the daily operation of the production floor, For the most part the upper management is a good team, The culture is to criticize quickly and praise rarely.
Pros
The wages were good.
Cons
There is no home/work equality, Schedules for production change without regard for the home life of the team members.
Very Productive yet fast paced, stressful work enviroment
Shipping Manifest (Former Employee) –  Carthage, MSFebruary 9, 2016
guaranteed 9-10 hour shift each day, fast paced tally work, I learned to memorize codes and lots of numbers in association with the handheld and the loads that were to be shipped. The benefits are excellent however the management is terrible and the department operated poorly as a team. The most enjoyable part of the job was working closely with the few others who took the job as seriously as I did.
Pros
Full time hours and overtime; excellent benefits
Cons
management; lack of respect for team members
Great place of employment with room for advancment
A shift production (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMarch 14, 2016
I enjoy working for Tyson foods because there is really good leadership and the people are friendly and pleasant to work with. There are great oppertunaties and room for advancement threw out the company. I would continue to work for Tyson but im relocating to the Oelwein area and transportation will becoume an issue.
Pros
There are good health benifits and great pay
Cons
Short workdays
Important work place only the strong make it
Dbone (Former Employee) –  Cartage MSJanuary 5, 2016
The reason I gave it 5 star is because, I worked there and Tyson, handles the job in a very respectful & unique way. I also like the way there security works. Everyone that work there seem to be nice and caring.It seem ok. Sometimes you get to change where you work at in the work place after a certain working period. Even, though I had one of the worst jobs in Tyson. Management is great handled, everyone is working hard. The most important thing I learned from Tyson is that only the strong survive working there.
Pros
they have a geocery store inside the lunch room
Cons
one 30min break but benifits and etc...
Glad I'm not their anymore
Refrigeration Technician (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXNovember 30, 2015
Started out to be a great place to work for, then the company started to make management changes and turned out for the worst.
I was a refrigeration technician and my main responsibility to take care of the refrigeration components.
Perform preventative maintenance on 27 ammonia compressors, 15 condensers, 10 high/low pressure vessels, over 60 evaporators.
Also perform preventative maintenance on boilers along with their components.
Pros
Good pay, good benefits
Cons
Long hours, big facility, no help on shifts
I love tyson foods
whole bird (Former Employee) –  North Wilkesboro, NCDecember 15, 2015
I have been trying for years to get into tyson foods I love the work there, it's all set everyday driving to work excited I love working there it's the best job I've had so far whole bird live hanging I can't get enough of it. It makes me feel like this job was meant just for me.

Remove bones, and cut meat into standard cuts in preparation for marketing. See more occupations related to this task.
Cut, trim, skin, sort, and wash viscera of slaughtered animals to separate edible portions from offal. See more occupations related to this task.
Slaughter animals in accordance with religious law, and determine that carcasses meet specified religious standards. See more occupations related to this task.
Slit open, eviscerate, and trim carcasses of slaughtered animals. See more occupations related to this task.
Tend assembly lines, performing a few of the many cuts needed to process a carcass.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
1 hour break health benefits dental care the whole nine yards
World Class company.
Crown Reach Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TX 75090March 15, 2016
Quality supervisors, excellent training and benefits as well as opportunity for advancement. Tyson creates a true diverse team atmosphere, and safety culture for all employees to enjoy.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Short breaks
Good company to work for. Has good benefits. Can move up in company
Production Lead (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOFebruary 29, 2016
Has lots of hours and descent pay for the area. Does have some disadvantages as it is a cold area to work in and other parts of plant are too warm. Over all it does have lot of nice people and the work is not that hard to do.
Pros
Good benefits can move up in company if given opportunity.
Cons
Cold environment in some areas in other areas too warm. Very fast paste.
great pay
fork lift (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMarch 4, 2016
The day goes by fast , management tells you directly what to do , co workers are team players hardest part of my job was when other would come in late i would have to do my job and theirs most enjoyable feature of my job was driving the forklift
Pros
great pay and benefits
Cons
you were expandible
great growth opportunities but you have no life
Department Lead (Current Employee) –  Vienna, GAFebruary 17, 2016
we work everyday 12 hours/day. i have no time with family. the benefits are not up to par and management has poor communication skills.
Pros
money, advancement opportunities
Cons
lack of time at home, terrible benefits
Fun employer with limitless promotion opportunities.
Kill Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Logansport, INApril 4, 2016
Working for Tyson was often difficult and dirty, but in the end it was also very satisfying. I personally had difficulty with their policies regarding hourly to salary transitions and vice verse.
Pros
Job satisfaction
Cons
rigid company policy
Crunching numbers, inventorying, providing
Inventory Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Teresa, NMFebruary 18, 2016
Having meetings with manager, also fun to work with
Learned managing, planning, and inventory
Small company, managers were great to work with
Hard workers, providing materials daily, a challenge
Pulling materials from confined space
Lunch breaks with co-workers
Pros
Small company, few emplyoees
Cons
Benifits
Tyson Foods Inc.
General Production (Former Employee) –  CathageMarch 8, 2016
Tyson Foods Inc. was a good experience. I enjoyed the benefits, and the hard work. I got along with all of my co-workers, and got promotions on the job. I enjoyed my job.
Pros
Tyson products
Cons
healthcare
Great benefits poor leadership
Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Sherman, TXFebruary 28, 2016
Management does nothing to solve problems or assist employees for advancement. Benefits are very good pay could be better
Inventory Control Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAFebruary 7, 2016
Good employee's with great attitudes and a will to learn. The hardest part of this job was getting management to trust that you can do a good job on work tasks.
Pros
friendly enviroment
Cons
behind the times in compensation
Very productive workplace
Production Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dawson, GAMarch 3, 2016
This job was very communication oriented. I would definitely work here again. I enjoyed meeting other hard working people.Meeting the requirements of this job needs.
Pros
the benefits
Cons
short breaks