Tyson Foods Incorporated

Tyson Foods Incorporated Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,487 reviews matching the search
Productive workplace
Deboner (Current Employee) –  Vienna, GAMay 1, 2016
Tyson Foods is a very productive and fast-pace plant. The hardest part of the job is when the shoulder cutters doesn't pull their shoulders down which makes it more difficult to detach the breast.
Pros
chicken tenders
Cons
chicken shoulders
productive and safe work place
deboner (Former Employee) –  Vienna, GAApril 28, 2016
a typical day at Tyson foods is great there is really no hard work at all you pack meat,cut meat, and fillet it the supervisors and leads are great
Pros
u get free luch for a week in orientaion
Cons
u only have one 45 minute break
Fast Paced Environment- Not Enough Hours
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Zeeland, MIApril 27, 2016
A Typical day stretching, meeting, Work and once you are done go home. Emphasize in safety. Physically demanding work. Your Learn about Lean Manufacturing, safety, quality. Management can listen about your concern, but once your concern touch anything affecting their performance is like talking to the wall. Employee with seniority are not appreciated at least to my Supervisor. The most enjoyable part of my work is the product giveaway. The employee appreciation day.
Pros
Health Insurance Plan, 401K
Cons
Less thah 8 hours of work.
Great place to work!
Kill Floor Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dakota City, NEApril 27, 2016
This is one of the best companies in the food industry to work for. They care about their employees have excellent benefits and provide outstanding and relevant training.
Pros
Good compensation and excellent benefits
Refrigeration department
Refrigeration Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 27, 2016
It's the worst company to work for especially Houston plant on port wall street they say there a family orientated environment but management and the way they schedule things are horrible no sense of direction human resources are a joke plant manager might as well corporate need to come in themselves to see what there doing there's no nurse on staff on third shift so if you have an emergency pray to God u make it don't recommend anyone working in the Houston plant my advise run somewhere else!!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Management and supervisors are snitches
You WILL stay busy!
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Green Forest, ARApril 22, 2016
If you show great attendance, and a desire to advance within the company, they will give you the opportunity to grow, and try different things.
Interesting and diverse job
Research and Developement Technician (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARApril 21, 2016
On a typical day I would receive my orders for the day from the Senior Food Technologist. I would then prepare the formula according to specs and record all data. This was a very interesting job and there was always something new to learn.
I enjoyed working there and the location was easy accessible.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYApril 19, 2016
I was a team player, loved working in the factory using equipment and meeting new people and the management was professional and easy to talk with.
refrigeration HVAC & computers
mechanic (Former Employee) –  Corydon, IN 47112April 19, 2016
repair computer equipment
keeping department in tolerence of USDA
management helping you to achieve your goals
my co-workers are very responsive to department goals
working 7 days a week including weekends
teaching others responsibility for equipment
Pros
pay & benefits
Cons
breaks, 12 hour days
Fast pace work environment
Massager Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2016
Bad Pay but easy to work. management is not so great when you need something you have to go to corporate to be listen otherwise they ignore you
Productive but not fun
Massager Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2016
Since you coming to work, they expect you to be working, they dont like when production stops, management doesnt care about employees too much, the only good thing is that major physical work is not required.
General Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCApril 18, 2016
Tyson is a great company and a great place to work. But, you must be willing to commit your life to the job. The hours are long but they pay well and have great benefits.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Cons
Long hours. more time at work than at home
Fun workplace
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARApril 18, 2016
Good supervisors, always on the outlook for problems and fixing those problems. Co-workers became part of your life when you're standing next to them for 8 hours.Job got difficult when everyone didn't cooperate or the machines would cause a delay.
Pros
Good benefits, health insurance, decent pay
Cons
short breaks, not enough workers on some days
Management could step it up a notch!
Floor Tech/Yard Jockey (Former Employee) –  Vienna, GAApril 18, 2016
Tyson is over all a good company to work for. The hours are long. But at the end of the work day you know you have accomplished something. Management could be a little more understanding and step up their game when short handed.
Pros
Salary
Cons
longs days
respectful company that respect civil rights
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXApril 17, 2016
I learned how to socialize with others. How team work works. My co-works are more than satisfied with my work. My managers are very respectful and patient with me . The hardest part of my job is safety. Anything can happen to me by accident .
Pros
Team work, anniversary dinners
Cons
People quit to often
It was like a high school.
Quality Assurance/ Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARApril 16, 2016
The pay ever week is ok but you just got to get use to the people. Some people act like their in high school the way they act. so places it cold some are hot but overall a descent place to work.
Pack Out/ Pre Cook (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARApril 14, 2016
Tyson keeps you busy with something to do I learned how to operate machines while working there. The management was ok wasn't the best I had good coworkers some helpful some where lazy the hardest part was shoveling chicken once the machine breaks down
Productive and Fast Pace work Enviroment
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARApril 14, 2016
A Typical Day at work consists of set up of machines, conveyor belts, and Scales Maintaining equipment upkeep. I have Learned to Communicate well with Production workers, Production Supervision, and Upper Management. Hardest part of my job was trying to answer multiple service calls at once..Most enjoyable part of my job was Working weekends rebuilding and installing new Equipment.
Fast paced work environment
Quality Systems Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Holcomb, KSApril 13, 2016
I really enjoy working for Tyson because of my coworkers, they feel like family to me! There is very little reward for the work we do.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
long, late hours
bad place to work
Kill floor USpervisor (Former Employee) –  Logansport, INApril 13, 2016
bad expeience no good hard work little pay, bad bad
charge for w-2 copy Lost original and got charge 15 for a copy and I use my computer and printer
Pros
Cons
all