Tyson Foods Incorporated

Tyson Foods Incorporated Employee Reviews

Found 1,974 reviews matching the search
Poor work-life balance
Internal Audit (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARFebruary 8, 2017
During my time at a management level within the company I worked overtime every week. I averaged 50 hours a week. My VP expected everyone to work overtime and did not any appreciation for it. For internal audit travel was over weekends and all through the week and audit work was often during the overnight hours. The audit VP was difficult to work for and did not show appreciation for the time away from home. The work environment in audit was very political and there was extreme favoritism on the part of the directors and audit vp. If you work for Tyson expect to work a lot of overtime.
Pros
Good pay and so-so benefits
Cons
Extremely poor work-life balance and rude management
Really worked for a quality group of people
Picker/Loader (Former Employee) –  Vernon, TexasDecember 3, 2016
Long hours, but pay is good and I had nothing but respect for my upper management, who weren't afraid to work those same long hours and then some. Some of the green hat managers weren't that good, but they eventually get weeded out. The blue hats were mostly good managers and the plant manager, production manager and 99% of upper management onsite were great people. Advancement is certainly there if you want it. A few employees there were pretty shady people, but in a plant that size that's to be expected. There were a lot of great employees as well.
Pros
Lots of benefits, on site management were great people who truly care about you
Cons
Long hours, in a freezer the whole time but you get used to it.
Tyson Foods is a good place to work
Leadership Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDOctober 26, 2016
The culture is different depending on the business location you work at. Management is clicky, but not so much that it makes for a bad environment. There is a lot of 'who you know' type of hiring, knowing or being related to the right person in the right level of management goes a long way.

They take care of their employees, worked there for 20 years and have helped me raise my family, even when I was out of work for an extended period of time.

The company is changing a stigma that they had had for a while, slowly but surely the culture of the organization is changing for the better, and it was already good.
Pros
When it comes down to it, all Team Members support each other when the going gets tough.
Cons
some departments do not communicate as well as others, nor do they like to work togehter with business partners
working with a world wide competing market company
sanitor 3 (Current Employee) –  Zeeland, MIDecember 19, 2016
The management I work under are good people, They understand when I have to get out early for a Dr appointment.

The management I work under have given me positive feedback on my job performance. Calling me a "professional trash room operator"

The moral in my department is good. We can joke around and lift each other up as needed. Even though there is a increasing Hispanic population among us.
Pros
product give away, matching 401k that is all fully vested
Cons
Health care is getting to be worse, People in the middle of seniority have been getting trated badly as the pay scale has changed
Very productive workplace, intense at times of deadlines but over all I learned so much.
GRAPHIC DESIGNER (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 14, 2017
This job was great when it began but as soon as they stared to do lay offs no one was safe. It changed the whole company dynamic the freedom and security was no longer there. Immediate management was great the whole department was truly a family. Sad to have left.
Pros
Benefits where good, Management was great.
Cons
Eliminated the department when Hillshire Farms took over.
It's what you make it
Sanitation Worker/ forklift operator (Current Employee) –  Hope, ARFebruary 20, 2017
Management is poor. They say they care about their employees but have a funny way of showing it. You go to them with an issue they make it worse. Gossip more than the production worker, Very unprofessional. Your best bet is to work on first shift when the upper management is on the floor.
Pros
14 point system you can work a whole point down in 28 days, bidded jobs, and the benefits are good
The pay is pretty good. But jobs are mainly stationary and very fast paced.
Heavy utility (Current Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCJanuary 29, 2017
Working here can get hectic, lots of people and different personalities. They do have good pay and lots of benefits.A lot of the jobs require standing for long periods, with only one break a day.They do however have lots of room for advancement to higher paying jobs and job security.
Pros
Good pay / benefits
Cons
Short breaks, very physical jobs
fun ... but very demanding and,long hours.Employee sure have a true sense of his or her responsibilities in terms family and their needs .
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAFebruary 14, 2017
Good job with great benefit. Hard work but rewarding . work experience a must. Truly designed to accommodate youthful individuals. But if a person has a true goal to accomplish something good in his or her life Tyson's is a beginning
Pros
good pay excellent benefits
Cons
can at times be over whelming
Middle of the road company to work for...
FSQA Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Noel, MOFebruary 4, 2017
Not a bad company to work for with good wage compensation. The work place culture is enjoying for the most part and fosters a team concept. The company is very training and safety oriented.
Pros
Good bonus potential
Cons
Corporate can terminate members of management at any given moment for any given reason
It's a big company with a lot of employees world wide. Sometimes you feel like you get lost in the rush.
Manager truck shop (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXDecember 22, 2016
When you start the day you always feel like your playing catch you. You get no guidance from upper management on the local level. Local management was a click and looked down on lower level employees.
Pros
Pay was good for the local area. Benefits are good.
Cons
Constant pressure from upper management.
I has been a pleasure to be a member of the Tyson Team
production line trainer (Current Employee) –  Pasco, WAMarch 2, 2017
I have worked with Tyson 13 years. In a typical day I will train other team member what i have learn thru out the years of working here. What I enjoyed most of my job is to be able to train and at the same time learn new techniques to help improve performance, quality and quantity.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
Its a fast pace enviorment not enough time to teach people who are slow learner
Long Cold Hours
Oder Puller (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJanuary 9, 2017
Tyson Foods TVDC is a very cold. You work in -15 to -20 degrees everyday and they have long hours. They do have great benefits but the work environment is unacceptable. People use perverted language and don't care about the people around them. the easiest part of the Job was pulling full pallet loads.
Pros
5 breaks a day
Cons
very cold
Great place if you can stand the freezer
Order Selector (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSDecember 15, 2016
I really enjoyed working here and now look back and wish i hadn't left. You operate a forklift for 3 twelve hour shifts and 1 6 each week so the days off are nice. Great people to work with if a little less safe than they probably should be.
Pros
Decent pay up till the 1 year mark.
Cons
Pay maxes out at 1 year with 10 Cent raises after 5.
One of the largest names in the food production industry.
Re-hanger (Former Employee) –  Dardanelle, ARMarch 25, 2017
Very large incorporation that provides tons of jobs. Teaches work ethic and provides good benefits for its employees. The turn over rate was 34.34% in 2014 when I was employed there. It's a job that opens you up to many cultures as there is globalization in this industry.
It could be a better work place
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARDecember 21, 2016
The management could work better in making it a safer working environment. The supervisors also need more training to makeing Tyson a more productive work place. The employees that work there need to take more pride in the work they are told to do
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
treat employees poorly and expensive food
challenging job great job security
SENIOR AMMONIA SERVICE TECH (Former Employee) –  Logansport, INOctober 29, 2016
the company ethics are good, need better management skills from the top down. all in all offer great benefits, pay, job advancement, and great training. i would recommend as a starter place of employment or retirement the end game.
Pros
training, benefits
Cons
long hours and management skills
productive and fun also makes the time go by fast and you get strong
Log Handler (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 30, 2016
Tyson is a fun place to go to work its a good learning experience .when you are there for three months you get benefits a higher pay rate an the company takes care of your family
Pros
they give out free turkeys on holidays they give bonuses every end of the year you get insured
Cons
30 minute breaks for lunch and 15 minute breaks for normal breaks
Packer (Former Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCJanuary 21, 2017
It was a great safe workplace the management could have been a little better but they still had a great support management team. The workplace environment was decent it stayed clean. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the smell and the cold.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Smell, Tempature
A nice place to work
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 30, 2017
They have a very strong safety culture with great chances to move up
They have good benefits, chaplain, well-paid vacation time, overtime available, stretching sessions before work, etc.
Pros
free meals or gift cards when goals are exceded
Cons
very unconfortable work boots
grind
Formulation and Material Handing (Former Employee) –  South Hutchinson, KSFebruary 13, 2017
long hours and repetition worked many weekends and very late nights. goals are set and then met and then goals are raised it is no a win situation except for the big wigs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tyson Foods Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

81%