Tyson Foods Incorporated

Tyson Foods Incorporated United States Employee Reviews

Manifest
Talley/Lineloader/Harvester (Current Employee), Carthage, MSApril 15, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Not enough pay
My typical day at Tyson Foods is doing my Talley position, which is recording the numbers of combos we do as well as how much products is going out. I record the input and out of products on each line everyday. Sometimes I have to scan the tickets in and record the data on my tracking process paper.
Safety
Building Maintenance (Former Employee), Storm Lake, IAApril 15, 2015
Safety was the number one priority in this facility. Personnel were willing to answer and help with any questions that you might have on a task that you were not sure about.
NEEDED CASH
Line Worker (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXApril 11, 2015
RECIEVED ALOT OF EXPERIENCE AROUND MONEY,TREATED FAIR AND WAS TRUSTED GOOD ENVIROMENT.GOOD PAY.FRIENDLY WORKERS.GREAT TEAM.PAY IS FAIR. NO BAD COMMENTS, VERY FAIR. GREAT HOURS AND FLEXIBLE WITH YOUR SCHEDULE.DIFFERENT ENVIROMENT
Productive and fun workplace
Production (Former Employee), Sedalia, MOApril 10, 2015
always working fast with the people you trust around you joking around with people you work with even with the supervisor. Hardest part of the job was not to get injured.
Tyson Foods
Cut-Up Thigh-Debone (Former Employee), Robards, KYApril 9, 2015
Pros: higher pay and benefits offered
Cons: not a healthy work environment, unhappy management
Tyson Foods was not a healthy environment for me. I freeze when the temperature gets below 72, and my position required that I work in 34 degrees on a daily basis. I was hired to take the bone out of thighs with a special electric knife. Most of the time I was on the line where they weighed chicken and put it into bags. My health deteriorated as I worked there. I would dress in layers in fear of getting too cold and then I would go into super work mode and sweat until I had to go to the nurse. She dried my clothes twice in a day sometimes and somehow when this was happening my blood pressure started acting up and I have been on medicine to keep it regulated since. The management was unfriendly because they were unhappy with their jobs and took it out on everyone. The only thing I got to enjoy there was lunch break. Even then, lunch started when you walked off the floor and when you walk away you have to half way undress before entering the cafeteria and get redressed before your 30 minutes was u and be back at your station.
a days work on the job
Truck Loader (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAApril 8, 2015
Typical day starts off smoothly
Everyone is assign a job placement for the day on thing I really like, u was not stuck on job day in day out
I loved driving the forklift
Management was about average
Hardest days at work was during the winter months the freezer area Temperature was always in the negative
I learned to communicate better with other employees mostly does of foreign backgrounds
wonderful job
Shag Driver (Former Employee), Amarillo, TXApril 7, 2015
Pros: always discussing safty hazards etc.
Cons: i have no bad responses for this job listed.
my day consists of working with wonderful people, having the experience of driving a shag truck, working outside in the warm weather as well as the cold.
Good place to work.
Team Lead/Bagger Technician (Current Employee), Pine Bluff, ARApril 5, 2015
Pros: benefits, breaks and annual tournament, cafeteria on sight
Cons: some people, some management
Tyson overall is a good place to work to provide for your family. The thing I don't like about is that some of the people don't have respect for one another and it gets out of hand sometimes. I have been there for a long time and I have grown out of love and passion for my job because of the atmosphere. The hardest pat of the job is getting started in the mornings praying that everything is working so we can start up on time. The most enjoyable thing that I like is bagging up a product that I know I helped produce for someone around the world that ha s a smile on their face ,enjoying something good by Tyson Foods.
It was a fun place to work and I loved the people I worked with.
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee), Sioux City, IAApril 3, 2015
My normal day at work involved getting product ready to be shipped on a railcar or semi trailer. I learned how to keep order counts and make sure the export numbers were correct. I was qualified to operate a slipper and a pallet jack. I also have some experience on a forklift. The only thing I really didn't like about the job was that there wasn't much room for advancement.
productive work place with very supportive supervisors
D-Bone (Former Employee), Union City, TNApril 3, 2015
Pros: discounts on foods an very helpful friendly supervisors that were very encouraging an supportive
Cons: not knowing what time you were getting off work
this was a very interesting job with plenty of room for advancement and a lot of different departments you can work in to keep things interesting an learn several different job tasks
Great place
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Springdale, ARApril 3, 2015
Pros: worked in EEO/AA department
Cons: none for me
One of the bet companies I've worked - good work atmosphere
worked in one of the hardest departments but it has it great - everyone was very friendly and helpful
Fast pace environment/poultry processing
Production/Warehouse Shipping receiving (Former Employee), Forest, MSApril 1, 2015
Pros: Great Benefits
Cons: Cold/Wet environment
The most enjoyable part was working with a diverse environment. Learned how to work in a wet/cold environment while wearing gloves, plastic aprons, and the use of sharp objects.
DON'T WORK HERE IF YOU VALUE YOURSELF!
General Production. Evisceration/Trimmer. (Current Employee), Shelbyville, TN.March 30, 2015
Pros: ..... Country Store
Cons: Strict attendance policy, many employees don't speak English, short breaks, early hours, no life outside of work...
This job is just...Not worth your time. It doesn't matter how desperate you might be for a job, don't go here. Orientation goes quite nicely, and even when they hire you they seem nice, but that's kind of where it ends. After you go into your training, people will be nice for a few days, but as soon as you make one wrong move, everybody starts talking about you behind your back and refusing to help you if you don't understand or you are unsure of something. These people convince you that your job is more important than your health because they threaten you with a stupid attendance policy. If you get 3 points before your 90 days is up, you get fired. Of course, you lose points by calling in. If you go home early, you lose points. The point system sets you up to fail. If you are going to be late or anything, you have to call in to an automated line, rather than talk to an actual person. Even if you're going to be like 5 minutes late. The employees will talk about you behind your back on a regular basis. There is absolutely no team work going on in this atmosphere. Especially since half of the USDA workers don't make an effort to do their job. There's at least three of them who fall asleep on the job AND GET AWAY WITH IT!!!. The company is a bunch of cheapskakes. They literally charge you for everything. They are constantly charging you for SOMETHING. they charge you for any supplies you need, they charge you for lunch, they will even charge you for a cup of ice. Heck, I'm surprised they don't charge you to go to the bathroom. A lot of the staff isn't very friendly, and a good chunk of them can't speak English, so I'm actually unsure how anything gets accomplished. All the time you don't spend at work You spend sleeping. This job runs you ragged And the worst part is the job itself isn't even that difficult!
Harsh conditions
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee), Wilkesboro, NCMarch 28, 2015
Working this job third shift after having a baby in May was extremely difficult. The work conditions were especially harsh and the work was even more challenging
summary
PSSI Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), buffalo, nyMarch 27, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no poaring
I learned many valuable skills and how to work in ateam atmosphere.
I learned to work and master the overnight and lead a group of individuals on completing a goal.
streesful
Production / Floater (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Not enough hours at times
this job was very stressful and cause injury. Fast paced but need team work and organizing. The hours varies with production and you can go from having 40 hours to 30 very easy. This job goes by the demand of it's customer's. This is the food industry. Lots of heavy lifting which I did not prefer.
Tyson machanics
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Columbia SCMarch 25, 2015
Pros: The fast pace and everything coworkers were there to teach you.
Cons: Short lunches and early hours
This job was very face paced and enjoyable, but due to a layoff I didn't get to stay as long as i'd of liked to. We would usually do daily pm's and fix any machinary. On weekends we would do complete rebuilds of things that were on heavy use and needed to be rebuilt to keep from breaking. The co-workers were big on helping another team member if the required help and would even lend a hand just because. Managment was always there to give advice and listen to what you had questions about. The hardest part of the job though would be the life and work balance seeing as you only got every other weekend off, but do to the fast pace and multipule things theres were to do and fix you were always learning and improving which made the job very enjoyable.
Very Fast Paced.
Kill Floor General Manager (Former Employee), columbus junctionMarch 25, 2015
Lots of room for advancement if you are willingly to move your family and travel. Great culture amongst the upper level managers.
great place to work just need to trust the system set in place more as opposed to personal feelings and personal thoughts
General Production Manager Further Processing (Former Employee), Pine Bluff, ARMarch 24, 2015
Pros: the room to grow at more then 175 different facilities
Cons: production never stops, long hours
Tyson is an awesome company with great people in some places. Sixteen hour shifts create a stressful environment. Love helping people but the hardest part is dealing with know it alls
Depressing, inhuman work conditions.
FSQA (Former Employee), Goodletsville, TN.March 24, 2015
Pros: Health insurance.
Cons: Bad management staff, extremely bad work conditions.
Extremely bad company,they do not care about you nor your needs. Very bad work conditions. A normal day at work is going to work under cold temperatures,they push you to do 5 people`s job at the same time,no consideration whatsoever, supervisors will pretend to be nice to you but when something happens they will try to blame it on you to get away with it. Only thing good about Tyson is the health insurance, other than that its the worst company i have ever work with.Tyson has been sued more than 5 times on the beginning of this year by its own employees due to not paying your rightfully own overtime,bad work conditions, poor management staff. They will force you to work holidays,new years eve 12 hours shift and if you do not come to work you will get points and once you have 9 by the end of your starting work day you will get automatically fired no questions asked. Overall one of the worst places i have ever worked.

1 2 3 4 5

About Tyson Foods Incorporated

With its bullish attitude, Tyson is more than chicken. One of the largest US chicken producers, Tyson's  Fresh Meats division – Read more

Tyson Foods Incorporated Photos