Tyson Foods Incorporated Employee Reviews

Found 1,834 reviews matching the search
Fun work
Corn line (Current Employee) –  Noel, MOJanuary 14, 2017
Friendly supervisors as well as team members , the happiest day in tyson is Thursday simply because it's the pay day people are paid good
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
The job itself was pretty good
Freezer/Loadout (Former Employee) –  Columbus Junction, IAJanuary 13, 2017
The only issues I had working here were the management not relaying information the greatest. Other than that, the job was pretty nice, benefits are fantastic, and there is room to move up as long as you qualify
Temp
Forklift Operator/Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Jackson, TNJanuary 13, 2017
Great place to work but it was to cold for me. I learned alot driving the forklift how to load in small places. If ask to go back to work for the company i would but not as a temp.
Very fun work place with helpful staff and geat co-workers
Trim tail (Former Employee) –  Joslin, ILJanuary 11, 2017
Tyson is a good place to work in a specially for foreign people who just came to the states. There are a lot of employment opportunities there and they are always busy. I learned how to wort with knive without getting any hurt. The beginning was hart but finally it was fun. The bad part was the place that I performed my job because it not seemed that much secured for me but no one never complained about it. And the floor that I worked get very hot in summer time.
Cons
very hot in summer time
Productive and socialize
Tyson Foods (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJanuary 11, 2017
Working at Tyson Foods is really great. I love working at Tyson food the fact that you meet with different people and learn different things every single day.
Productive and Safe workplace
MDM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCJanuary 11, 2017
Safety is applied in everyday process. I learned how to follow and let my leader guide me. Management wasn't always consistent and showed favoritism most of the time. My co-workers was awesome. They were more supportive than supervisors and leads. The hardest part of my job would be the travel to and from Tyson. Most enjoyable part of my job is when everything would go as planned and failing or needing to have a retest for samples.
Slavery
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Goodlettsville, TNJanuary 11, 2017
Nothing good at all ..harsh environment. Climate controlled .it takes about 90 days until u get your real pay otherwise u start off with 9.50
Forklift driver (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ILJanuary 10, 2017
I worked midnights working on a stand up forklift, putting product away in to our bins. Manegement was great they always looked out for us. Worked 4 days a week 10 hour shifts
Pros
Great people there
Cons
no cons a great place
Good
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Dawson, GAJanuary 10, 2017
Buff floors, dust, painting, dry wall, forklift, package, lay carpet, debone, cook plant, landscraping, machine operating, wash car, housekeeping, load trucks by hands.
Cons
i love working for tyson foods
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Broken Bow, OKJanuary 9, 2017
I love working at Tyson foods they have great pay and benefits and also they give their employees equal opportunity on being able to advance in the positions giving!
Long Cold Hours
Oder Puller (Former Employee) –  Russellville, ARJanuary 9, 2017
Tyson Foods TVDC is a very cold. You work in -15 to -20 degrees everyday and they have long hours. They do have great benefits but the work environment is unacceptable. People use perverted language and don't care about the people around them. the easiest part of the Job was pulling full pallet loads.
Pros
5 breaks a day
Cons
very cold
productive and fun workplace
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Union City, TNJanuary 8, 2017
I loved my job at Tyson Foods , amazing staff and management. They were always advancing my position. They also helped with my insurance and schooling.
productive work place cold
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAJanuary 8, 2017
Getting up on line of 6 people with equipment fully on, trimming 5 rib's in 13 min. keeping area and equipment clean, and getting product ready for packaging.
I learned how to sharpen knives, trim rib's, and pick fast past.
Management very professional and about the job and workers.
Some easy to work with some have bad attitudes i just stay away.
Keeping up when machine breaks down.
moving at fast pace to get product ready.
Pros
Easy going work place and you never get hot
Cons
You get very cold
Tyson Foods works great with team members
Marinator (Former Employee) –  Flowood, MSJanuary 8, 2017
Great opportunity for career development ,encouraging work force, willingly helpful team members, reliable resources Team, great 401 plan, overall good work force environment
Pros
Flexible hours, Great management
Cons
Not enough chicken sells for employees
Good place to work , different cultures , and a great learning experience
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCJanuary 8, 2017
Tyson is a good place to work and it is a great learning experience there was a lot learned , and the job breaks you down physically working at Tyson I've lost 15 ponds and the job is exactly what it stands for general labor
Pros
Fairly easy work
Cons
Not enough time to eat on break
Good place to be, working a lot of overtime
General maintenance/Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Goodlettsville, TNJanuary 6, 2017
Working as a tech is a lot of stress in the morning to start up all the machinery .Since we maintenance crew has a lot of technical problems I got the opportunity to to learn. Also the company has a good program for advancement.
Pros
Opportunity to learn and grow proffesionally
Cons
Very cold on the floor.
Job eleminated after 20 years
Project Engineer, Contract Specialist (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARJanuary 6, 2017
My job was eliminated after 20 years on the job.

my immediate supervisor actively worked with other engineering managers to get me to quit but was unsuccessful.

Constant harassment by immediate supervisor daily
Pros
close to home
Cons
many
Interesting
Floater (Former Employee) –  Dardanelle, ARJanuary 6, 2017
I worked as a floater at Tyson. My duties was to learn every job to fill in for those who were absent. I enjoyed some jobs more than others but I had a great time working there.
Pros
Challenge of learning new skills
Cons
Low pay
A typical day at Tyson Foods
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Forest, MSJanuary 6, 2017
A typical day at work was being able to walk in an be greeting by your people. I learned that working as a team helps get most work done. Managment is great. My co-workers work very well together an got production out on time.
Begin employed here at Tyson's Foods I've learned the true meaning of practicing safe habits and keeping produce safe when it comes to feeding Americ.
General Laborer/rehanging/live hang (Current Employee) –  Hope, ARJanuary 5, 2017
The years I've been employed with Tyson Foods I've learned how to safely handle its raw products also while working with and around sharpe and moving objects as well as the the people around me. Tyson also stresses the importance of begin a team player it take every staff member to come together to help meet it's quota.
Pros
Meeting new people, learning and gaining stability.
Cons
Na

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tyson Foods Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.