Tyson Foods Incorporated Employee Reviews

Not a good place for a female to work.
Forklift Operator/ Checker (Former Employee), Pottsville, ARAugust 27, 2015
Pros: Insurance and 401K
Cons: Working with a lot of men who did not respect women
There are 4 shifts that are 12 hours long each. I would get to work at 6:20 am and work till 6:45 pm 3 days a week and 6:20 am - 12:15pm one day a week. While my time at Tyson, I learned how to drive a forklift and not to trust anyone you work with. Management is a joke here. They will tell you one thing and do right the opposite. Co-workers was okay. The best part of my job was the pay check at the end of the week. I made a few friends, but it is hard for a woman to work with a ratio of 8 woman to 45 men.
enjoyed worked and overtime pay 401 k excellent great people
Refrigeration Technician (Former Employee), Seguin, TXAugust 25, 2015
Pros: pay rate, cafeteria reconitions single and groups, health ins. 401k, time/half overpay
Cons: none
exciting,plenty of work,coming together in making product 5star ,on hands training sent to trade school all payed got liscensed.airplane travel large companies picnics..
productive
Packaging Operator (Former Employee), Robards, KYAugust 25, 2015
it was ok , it was a job not a career, co-workers was good, working in the cold wasn't that great, best part of the day was clocking out.
Productive, organized, and outstanding benefits
Labeling Department (Former Employee), Wilkesboro, NCAugust 22, 2015
The job was very easy, and moved at a steady pace. I learned a lot from that job, and even volunteered to work in other departments. This enabled me to learn more about Tyson Incorporated, and I developed the ability to adapt to any environment I was assigned to. It made me more attentive as well as the ability to help solve problems if any occurred. I had more than one position working as a fill- in for the box room. The management was very efficient, organized, and friendly. Interaction with co- workers was great as long as it pertained to the job. Any job I participated in was not hard or overbearing. What I enjoyed the most was a balance of mobility and sedentary positions at Tyson. I also enjoyed the duty of being an overseer in some of the positions I was required to do.
Clean interesting place to work
Maintenance Worker (Current Employee), Robards, KYAugust 22, 2015
The easiest job I've ever had. My co-workers are all really good to work with/for. I enjoy being able to go outside to have my lunch. I was an underground miner for 15 years, so this is a luxury for me.
Fast paced and always changing
Night shift FP & KP Supervisor (Former Employee), Sedalia, MOAugust 18, 2015
I have found that the process in any plant has many hurdles on a daily basis, Staying educated on the latest software and equipment will consume a lot of your time. Never a dull moment!
re hang out of chillers was chalenging.. pallet jack/ forklift on wet cold conditions was even more
re hanger/ jack driver (Former Employee), Sedalia, MOAugust 17, 2015
Pros: rebate on buklk food
Cons: management
if wouldnt have beeen on overnight, i might still be there .. enjoyed most people but need be a stronger family oriented company
A Fair Place to work.
Team Member (Former Employee), Pine Bluff, ARAugust 17, 2015
Pros: they did offer rewards for great work
Cons: the breaks were short
My experience wit Tyson was typical for factory work. The hours were long at times but i did enjoy seeing my checks every week. I did not like the coworkers only because in a small town like that all the did was gossip and start mess. I did like the management a lot of them were down to earth a genuinely caring. The hardest part or the job of course was the standing in one spot on your feet. I was giving opportunities to learn different jobs. I learned to make marination, how to work different machines, and how to cut a whole chicken. I i did not have to leave due to my financial circumstances I would have continued my employment with them.
Good place to try different types of jobs
Manifest Clerk (Former Employee), Logansport, INAugust 17, 2015
Pros: Set schedule
Cons: Standing in one place
At Tyson you have to option to try several different jobs in one place. I enjoyed seeing where and how our food were handled. I enjoyed working with USDA the most. Learning about health and the proper way to handle, clean and package meat was interesting to me.
Productive Place
Safety Intern (Former Employee), Pine Bluff, ARAugust 16, 2015
Learned about lean manufacturing, learned how to work with T/M of different cultures and background. Very clean and nice place to work at with great people and management.
an average place to work
Production Line Worker (Former Employee), Dardanelle, ARAugust 14, 2015
Pros: its an alright place to work
very long and hard.
learning was not offered to all employes
coworkers were great
lot of repitive motion jobs
Break Time
Not a very good place to work
Blast Loader (Current Employee), Shelbyville TNAugust 14, 2015
Pros: Good insurance
Cons: They sometimes don't pay you your money
I work in the blast and I have worked there for five years and they can often be very unfair about things.The pay is not enough for things that you have to do and the hours you have to work. You do not get enough time off for the holidays.
Best place to work - Job Security
Professional Truck Driver (Former Employee), Springdale, ARAugust 12, 2015
Pros: Always in a new State
Cons: Very little down time
Typical day was 10 hours of driving with a 30 min. break. from State to State (over the road, throughout 48 states). How to be a safe and courteous driver was the most learned. Management, they were very patient, compassionate and knowledgeable. Co-workers were all team players, always willing to lend a helping hand. The hardest part of the job was not being able to go home nightly. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with and for a great group of people.
Not a good work place
Utilities Worker (Former Employee), Albertville, ALAugust 12, 2015
It would seem employees are are underpaid as well as environmental conditions of parts of the plant are not the most employee friendly.
Quality Assurance
Quality Assurance Technician 5 (Former Employee), Sherman, TX 75090August 12, 2015
I learned a lot working at Tyson Foods Inc. in Sherman, Texas. I enjoyed working with the team members and my department and I think we all had a good working relationship.
all in all it was a good job but not a great job
Tannery /Process Supervisor (Former Employee), Finney countyAugust 10, 2015
Pros: NA
Cons: NA
It was an experience I will always remember and never forget learned a lot about people and about tanning process for hides and a lot about the automation system for the drums.
I enjoy working here
sanitor (Current Employee), Zeeland, MIAugust 9, 2015
Pros: free safety lunches
Cons: extreme temperature changes
The people I work with are always helpful. There is a wide diversity here. My curent supervisor is easy to get along with.I believe the hardest part of the job is my long commute.
Hard work not enough pay
Production Worker (Current Employee), Center, TXAugust 9, 2015
Pros: health care and benefits
Cons: everything else
doesn't care about your life outside of the work place
works you hard 6 days a week when hired tells you occasionally Saturdays but you are working every Saturday until inventory is low
Productive and Safety Concious workplace
Lead Maintenance Trainer (Former Employee), Holcomb, KSAugust 8, 2015
Supportive management team.
Good opportunities for advancement
Safety conscious workplace
Safety is put before production
Overall good health benefits
Overall good team work to get the day to day jobs/tasks accomplished
Good working enviroment.
Refrigeration Technician (Current Employee), Tyler Rd, Russellville, ArkansasAugust 7, 2015
Pros: Company Store
Cons: High change over in management areas.
Nice friendly environment.
Good work ethics.
Time set aside daily for On Job Training.
Work at times is stressful, but not hard.
You have a sense of accomplishment when the line is up and running again.