Tyson Foods Incorporated

Tyson Foods Incorporated Employee Reviews

Found 1,899 reviews matching the search
Laid Back
Livestock Handler (Current Employee) –  Newbern, TNFebruary 20, 2017
It is laid back but also extremely busy. Also some peers that like drama and doesn't want to work. Always someone that likes to use vulgar language, and complaining about this and that.
Pros
decent compensation
Cons
no breaks
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCFebruary 20, 2017
The job is what u make it its not hard at all and not eazy at all. But i like my job just looking for something different. But over all i have some good long days at tyson
Great for a first job.Worth trying
Eviseration (Former Employee) –  Buena Vista, GAFebruary 19, 2017
Any place can be a great place. Its what you make of it. Anyone who can do this can handle almost any type of production jobs. The most enjoyable part is when you are offered an advance up the success ladder.
Great Place to work
Packer/Upgrader (Former Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCFebruary 18, 2017
I really hate that this company was so far away. They pay is great, the benefits are awesome, and everyone has the same equal opportunities to advance.
Exciting Place To Work Learning Different Jobs Daily
Welder and Fabricator (Maintenance) (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAFebruary 17, 2017
Can Be Overwhelming With Getting Jobs Done In Time , Sometimes Worked 24 hrs To Finnish In Time For Production To Begin On Monday.
Cold and wet enivorment
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAFebruary 17, 2017
Great benefits for management. The enviroment can be rude and cruel. it is very cold and wet. People can be very abrassive. Its a job that takes excellent people skills to maintain an sane mind.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Forest, MSFebruary 16, 2017
They are a very well put together company and they also work with you on familt and all they help you with your school and pay for you to go you don't go unheard
Cons
I have an amazing boss, and the work isn't hard.
Owner/Manager (Current Employee) –  Bluffton, ARFebruary 16, 2017
I pick up dead chickens, dump chickens, fix water line leaks, feed, and etc. Most days I work 5 hour days. The chicken houses are close to my house so the drive isn't far!
Pros
Easy work, good boss, steady pay
Cons
No insurance
A Very good Workplace
overhead and packing (Former Employee) –  Carthage, TXFebruary 16, 2017
A Tyson everyone is involved and the teamwork is very excellent and they are getting the job done the best way they can. It is always a way to move up. It is very hard to keep your balance on that wet floor at time but keep your boots maintained and you will be ok. Your supervisor checks on each employee as much as he or she can and also gets involved with the work, everyday from what I seen.
Pros
great hours
Cons
breaks not that long at all
Productive place
Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARFebruary 16, 2017
This is a fast paced environment.
Always work safe
No matter where you work take your job seriously.
There is always room for growth there.
Pros
Cafateria on site
Cons
Great health plan
Made lifetime fri
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Ashland, ALFebruary 15, 2017
At Tyson Foods Inc there was always work but if it got hard there was always someone there to give you a break. The environment was always friendly and comfortable to work
Pros
Nurse on site
Cons
The ride to work was 45 minutes To and from work
Negative environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEFebruary 14, 2017
A typical day at work is usually working to fight the negative attitudes that seem to be everywhere. I learned a significant amount about appropriate management and motivational styles. The hardest part of the job is finding positivity.
Pros
Cons
management treating employees like slaves
Its okay
Pac Mac machine operator, currently, Formally (Current Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARFebruary 14, 2017
Working for a few years now its okay work the night shift. Coworker are good chicken we produce is good. Working nights u get use to it and u make a little extra.
fun ... but very demanding and,long hours.Employee sure have a true sense of his or her responsibilities in terms family and their needs .
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAFebruary 14, 2017
Good job with great benefit. Hard work but rewarding . work experience a must. Truly designed to accommodate youthful individuals. But if a person has a true goal to accomplish something good in his or her life Tyson's is a beginning
Pros
good pay excellent benefits
Cons
can at times be over whelming
They take care of their employees, worked there for 20 years and have helped me raise my family, even when I was out of work for an extended period of
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Lexington, NEFebruary 14, 2017
The moral in my department is good. We can joke around and lift each other up as needed. Even though there is a increasing Hispanic population among us.best company out there
Productive work place.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYFebruary 13, 2017
A regular day at Tyson involved me cleaning out and sanitizing all machines and equipment. I had to do this every time they were used. One thing I learned about working here was that if you didn't clean the machines and merchandise after every use, that they can cause a very strong odor through out the work place. The hardest part about this job was making sure the machines and all equipment was cleaned the proper way and that I didn't miss any spots. The easiest thing about this job was helping other people when I had the free time to do so.
Pros
There was always something too do.
Cons
The smell of the work environment.
Great work place, much advancement opportunities.
Box Maker (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXFebruary 13, 2017
Very good company for all ages to work for,keep you on your toes, but gives very good compensation and benefits. Provides insurance and employee discounts from other companies as well.
Pros
Benefits.
Cons
Cold weather.
grind
Formulation and Material Handing (Former Employee) –  South Hutchinson, KSFebruary 13, 2017
long hours and repetition worked many weekends and very late nights. goals are set and then met and then goals are raised it is no a win situation except for the big wigs
My thoughts
Dark meat debone (Former Employee) –  Broken Bow, OKFebruary 10, 2017
Tysons is an amazing equal opportunity job. I would still be there today if not for my heart problems the work was just a little hars on my body. It is simple and very easy to catch on. They pay great wages and do their best to work with employees.
Not at all where you need to be
Meat Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Zeeland miFebruary 10, 2017
I do not like the company the people are mean and I just don't want to be there anymore the superior was mean and so not understanding they look down at you like your nothing to them I hate it there
Pros
Nonr
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tyson Foods Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

Tyson Foods Incorporated Reviews by Location