Tyson Foods Incorporated

Tyson Foods Incorporated Employer Reviews

Harsh conditions
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee), Wilkesboro, NCMarch 28, 2015
Working this job third shift after having a baby in May was extremely difficult. The work conditions were especially harsh and the work was even more challenging
summary
PSSI Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), buffalo, nyMarch 27, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Cons: no poaring
I learned many valuable skills and how to work in ateam atmosphere.
I learned to work and master the overnight and lead a group of individuals on completing a goal.
streesful
Production / Floater (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Good benefits
Cons: Not enough hours at times
this job was very stressful and cause injury. Fast paced but need team work and organizing. The hours varies with production and you can go from having 40 hours to 30 very easy. This job goes by the demand of it's customer's. This is the food industry. Lots of heavy lifting which I did not prefer.
Tyson machanics
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Columbia SCMarch 25, 2015
Pros: The fast pace and everything coworkers were there to teach you.
Cons: Short lunches and early hours
This job was very face paced and enjoyable, but due to a layoff I didn't get to stay as long as i'd of liked to. We would usually do daily pm's and fix any machinary. On weekends we would do complete rebuilds of things that were on heavy use and needed to be rebuilt to keep from breaking. The co-workers were big on helping another team member if the required help and would even lend a hand just because. Managment was always there to give advice and listen to what you had questions about. The hardest part of the job though would be the life and work balance seeing as you only got every other weekend off, but do to the fast pace and multipule things theres were to do and fix you were always learning and improving which made the job very enjoyable.
Very Fast Paced.
Kill Floor General Manager (Former Employee), columbus junctionMarch 25, 2015
Lots of room for advancement if you are willingly to move your family and travel. Great culture amongst the upper level managers.
great place to work just need to trust the system set in place more as opposed to personal feelings and personal thoughts
General Production Manager Further Processing (Former Employee), Pine Bluff, ARMarch 24, 2015
Pros: the room to grow at more then 175 different facilities
Cons: production never stops, long hours
Tyson is an awesome company with great people in some places. Sixteen hour shifts create a stressful environment. Love helping people but the hardest part is dealing with know it alls
Depressing, inhuman work conditions.
FSQA (Former Employee), Goodletsville, TN.March 24, 2015
Pros: Health insurance.
Cons: Bad management staff, extremely bad work conditions.
Extremely bad company,they do not care about you nor your needs. Very bad work conditions. A normal day at work is going to work under cold temperatures,they push you to do 5 people`s job at the same time,no consideration whatsoever, supervisors will pretend to be nice to you but when something happens they will try to blame it on you to get away with it. Only thing good about Tyson is the health insurance, other than that its the worst company i have ever work with.Tyson has been sued more than 5 times on the beginning of this year by its own employees due to not paying your rightfully own overtime,bad work conditions, poor management staff. They will force you to work holidays,new years eve 12 hours shift and if you do not come to work you will get points and once you have 9 by the end of your starting work day you will get automatically fired no questions asked. Overall one of the worst places i have ever worked.
Lots Of Hours and High Stress
Electromechanical Technician (Current Employee), Council Bluffs IowaMarch 23, 2015
Pros: pay and benefits
Cons: high stress
Everything in Maintenance needs a scape goat someone did something wrong or it would never of broke, very good pay and benefits if you can take the long hrs and people screaming at you all the time
productive
Live Hang/ Sanitation (Former Employee), Hope, ARMarch 23, 2015
typical day at work is sign in and start work learned a lot from hanging chickens to sanitation. Co- workers are easy to get along with management is all about safety good company to work for and also great money.
Noooooooooo
Leader (Current Employee), Glen Allen, VAMarch 22, 2015
Pros: nothing
Cons: nothing
Never work here. They take advantage of their workers. Never get a raise people that have been working there for 40 + years only get a penny more than me, and that's not every years. Every time you think you're going to get a raise the insurance goes up. Win lose situation. Smh. Its very sad to say. I wouldn't recommend my worst enemy to work here.
Tyson is a real super giant in the meat industry
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Holcomb, KSMarch 20, 2015
Pros: very good boun for supervisors
Cons: it's hard to make it to 1st shift
Tyson for the size they are really care about there employees..how they increase pay for the hourlies so they can keep the union politics out of the work place making it very easy to manage and supervise team members.
Cut Up (Former Employee), Carthage, MSMarch 19, 2015
Great place to work. I enjoyed working for this company. There is really great work environment and the people are great!
SD Functional Consultant
SD Functional Consultant (Former Employee), Springdale, ARMarch 18, 2015
Tyson Foods, Inc. is an American multinational corporation based in Springdale, Arkansas, that operates in the food industry. The SD module was implemented based on their business requirements. I was involved in the implementation of OTC process, custom reports and user exits.
Very hard work
Debone (Current Employee), Temperanceville, VAMarch 15, 2015
I work so hard, I feel as though my supervisors don't appreciate me or my co-workers, and we have to stay back a lot, which is hard for me because I have a child at home.
tyson
Team Member (Former Employee), Broken Bow, OKMarch 12, 2015
a typical day at work for me back then would be clocking in for work at 9pm and working my hard with two breaks through the night and a lunch then off at 730 am and getting my kids ready for school when i got home . I learned that working a hard job like that is great for some but others no . i loved the hr and all the supervisors there . The hardest part of my job was working in freezing cold atmosphere for hours and standing none stop . the most enjoyable part of this job was the people and getting to learn new things .
Good job great peoplle
MAINTENACNE MECHANIC (Former Employee), South HutchinsonMarch 12, 2015
Pros: good benefits decent pay
Cons: short sighted management
Management decided about 88 days into my employment that the company needed to loose some of its expenses and they decided maintenance was the place to do it even though we were already undermanned. However the maintenance section was a wonderful experience and I hope i find another place with that caliber of people.
working for tyson is great
lead person (Former Employee), Hope, ARMarch 12, 2015
Pros: good medical
Cons: do not be late to work they will point you out.
they will call you if you did not make it to work. if you don't have a ride
they will help you get one. employee will help you get there and the have a van to pick you up.
Packer, Forklift operator (Former Employee), South Hutchinson, KsMarch 11, 2015
Pros: excellent insurance
Cons: never knowing if you are going to work 8 hours or 12 each day
normal day get instructions stretching then to work on packaging product, i learned machine operator, managemnet I believe was 2 faced, co-worker worked good together, hardest part was never knowing when or if you were going to get off work
PRODUCTIVE
Chicken facility (Former Employee), Carthage, MSMarch 10, 2015
Pros: going to your car for break
Cons: short breaks
I HAVE BEEN WORKING AT TYSON A WHILE, I HAVE LEARN HOW TO MAKE BOXES, HOW TO BAG THE BOXES, HOW TO WEIGHT THE CHICKEN , HOW TO PUT THE TOP ON THE BOXES,, HOW TO TALLEY BY USING THE SCAN GUN TO SCAN THE LABEL ON THE LEG QUARTER BOXES. THE MANAGEMENT OF THIS JOB WAS WRONG, EVERYTHING JUST WAS NOT FAIR. THE C0-WORKER I HAD TO DEAL WITH, WAS HARD TO DEAL WITH, NOBODY I WOULD NOT WANNA DEAL WITH, WITH OTHER JOBS. THE HARDEST PARTS OF THE JOB IS THECO-WORKERS. THE MOST ENJOYABLE PART OF THE JOB WAS GETTTING PAY.
Good Company
Kill Floor (Current Employee), Perry, IAMarch 9, 2015
I can say Tyson is a good company for me, it keeps us regular working hours ,we can talk with our supervisor friendly and happily, they care for the employee a lot.I have no specific hardest part of the job but the reason I want to leave this company is I'm interesting to work as a welder.

1 2 3 4 5

About Tyson Foods Incorporated

With its bullish attitude, Tyson is more than chicken. One of the largest US chicken producers, Tyson's  Fresh Meats division – Read more

Tyson Foods Incorporated Photos