Tyson Foods Incorporated

Tyson Foods Incorporated Employer Reviews

Allowed me to grow and learm while attending Technical College.
NH3 Refrigeration Assistant-Operator Internship (Current Employee), New Holland, PAFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: 48+ hours every week
Cons: maniditory weekends (when you must work your weekend off)
First off I enjoy a challenge.
I was able to use my training from HVAC - Refrigeration Class at Thaddeus Stevens College, on a daily basis, in a demanding Industrial Refrigeration environment.
I worked in the Refrigeration Department that oversees the Heating, Cooling, and Freezing processes for the Further Processing Plant. Working in an USDA regulated facility has allowed me to learn and adapt in the challenging field that I have chosen. Some days are slow and some days are fast depending on what mechanical, electrical, and thermodynamic issues needing resolved.
Various Jobs
Various Jobs (Former Employee), Shelbyville, TNFebruary 27, 2015
• Fork Lift Driver
• Stack Off Person
• Machine Operator
• Rated top performance during annual performance review.
• Consistently met or exceeded production goals.
• Demonstrated ability to learn by being cross trained in multiple tasks and functions.
employees were great
Maintainance Mechanic (Former Employee), Hutchinson,ksFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: good pay
My supervisor was great to work with.The human resource officers were less to be disirable.Good pay and benefits.The hardest part of the job was changing the spiral freezer belt.
Exceptional Benefits
Team Leader (Former Employee), Carthage, MSFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: low advancement
Great environment for gaining experience for various titles. Friendly environment but also hard-working environment for those who seek long term career choices.
Hard labor
Heavy Utility (Former Employee), Wilkesboro, NCFebruary 23, 2015
This job was very demanding. It was a very fast working job. Management was not very supportive. Some of my co-workers worked as hard as me. The hardest part of the job was getting understanding from management. The most enjoyable part was being able to move around.
I am a fast learning self motivated team player.
Lead Operator (Current Employee), NCFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: good pay is coming
Cons: no time for lunch, but the time is deducted every day no matter what.
I love what I do, I enjoy wastewater treatment or any kind of water treatment. Biological, Physical/ Chemical, UV. Too many bosses with no water or wastewater background and not enough experience to understand the process of pretreatment. But the complex manager is a good guy to work for, and he is the only reason that I have stayed this long. He is trying to make this a good place to work, But he is just one person in a long line of many.
Fast paced work
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee), Nashville, ARFebruary 19, 2015
Pros: guaranteed forty hour pay
Cons: management needs improvement
This job was easy and high performance. The hardest part of the job was getting trained properly because management was not willing to cooperate in a professional fashion. The enjoyable part of this job was the incentive that was offered to the grave yard crew.
just like anyother big company
larboer (Current Employee), berryville arFebruary 18, 2015
The hours are crazy you never know if your going to get 40 hours or not. There are times where you work 20 hours a week and then the next your working 48 hours. there is favoritism with the supervisors and if your not in their click then you get ignored. The benefits are decent.
Collaborative Work Environment
Packaging Engineering Intern (Former Employee), Downers Grove, ILFebruary 18, 2015
My work experience with Tyson was wonderful. Their packaging team supported learning and ideas as though I had been there for years.
Was a very dedicated worker until the cut my position at work.
Parts Room Attendant 4, Maintenance mechanic (Former Employee), South Hutchinson, KSFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: the work kept me very busy and pushed me to do better in areas, plus the pay scale was decent
Cons: having my position taken away from me
I did lots of different tasks in a day. I kept the inventory as accurate as possible considering the other shift workers and I placed the order for the parts needed. I was a very dedicated worker and very dependable. I got along with all the other employees and helped out when needed. I was given many good evaluations. The hardest part was losing my job after being told by my immediate supervisors that I was not in any way going to get cut.
PRODUCTIVE
CREW LEADER (Former Employee), Buffalo, NYFebruary 14, 2015
Cons: short breaks
SETTING UP MACHINES , GETTING SUPPLYS, DRIVING WALKING JACK OVER SEEING MY DEPARTMENT BREAKING DOWN MACHINES TAKING CARE OF PAPERWORK
Productive and fun work place
Production Worker/Assembler (Former Employee), Sherman, TXFebruary 12, 2015
Great benefits and hours. Plenty of overtime. Working in the pork department is fast paced and unstressful. Company takes good care of their employees.
Break room has tv
Maintenance Worker (Former Employee), Storm Lake, IAFebruary 12, 2015
Pros: free drinks
Cons: short brakes
My day starts up at 10 pm and work till 7 am. I walk around to inspect conveyors to see if they are functioning well. I learned a lot while working at this company for example welding and learning parts of the machine that we work on. Co-workers and I get along, we work as a team when we are in a hurry or need help. The Hardest part of the job is doing something for 5 minutes that usually takes 10 or more minutes to do. Working well with others and helping each other out is the enjoyable part of the job.
Making package meats for all kinds of stores
Assembly line worker (Former Employee), Nashville, ARFebruary 11, 2015
Pros: coworkers
Cons: cold
Deboneing the chicken and making the right part of the chicken goes in the right place. Making sure there is no defects to the chicken before shipping it out. Making sure the weight of the packaging is correct before sending it out. And cleaning up after the shift.
my coworkers were fun to work with
Receivng (Former Employee), Blountsville, ALFebruary 9, 2015
Pros: i was practically my own boss just had to answer my radio
Cons: better management and could be cleaner
come in unload trucks part of the day and keep the lines running with the proper supplies. Hardest part of the job was not having enough time some days and the forklifts were always breaking down. Most enjoyable part of the job was my coworkers. Management let employees get away with to much and the ones that worked hard got all bad news.
hard work but worth the pay and benefits
Neck Trim (Former Employee), Dakota City, NEFebruary 4, 2015
Pros: benefits, decent management, decent pay per week
Cons: extreme temperatures, hard work, blood
getting to work requires a weeks (payed) orientation. this job has a bit of a learning curve and a lot of safety equipment as it is
Its an okay job
Line Worker (Former Employee), Chicago, ILFebruary 3, 2015
Pros: a pay check
Cons: standing on my feet for eight hours
The job was good while it lasted. The employees were kind. I learned alot from Tyson. The hardest part was standing on my feet eight hours. I liked the coworkers.
FUN WORKPLACE AND CLOSE TO HOME
EVIS (Former Employee), Buena Vista, GAJanuary 28, 2015
Assisted USDA with inspection of poultry parts, cutting of any bad parts using a knife and/or scissors.
Good Stable Work
Supervisor (Current Employee), Green Forest, ARJanuary 26, 2015
Good Stable work Environment poor hours. Good benefits and health insurance. Has been a great career opportunity with extensive growth potential.
i work 6am to 2pm daily 7 days a week
Operations Clerk (Current Employee), Dakota City, NEJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: decent people
Cons: 7 day work week
i get to work and set the desk the way i want it, go make coffee, get a deadline sheet ready and print off 3 copies. then get what orders are there for me checked so the numbers match and if the truck is ready for a manifest and seals and get billed ot if it is only partially loaded, if it is ready then i make sure the numbers on the stacker sheet match the manifest for what is loaded. then send seals and manifest out to teuck and bill cutomer. if a partial again make sure numbers maktch but send 1 seal out to lock until it can be finished

1 2 3 4 5

About Tyson Foods Incorporated

With its bullish attitude, Tyson is more than chicken. One of the largest US chicken producers, Tyson's  Fresh Meats division – Read more

Tyson Foods Incorporated Photos