Tyson Foods Incorporated

Tyson Foods Incorporated Employee Reviews

Found 1,764 reviews matching the search
Tyson Foods is a good place to work
Leadership Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDOctober 26, 2016
The culture is different depending on the business location you work at. Management is clicky, but not so much that it makes for a bad environment. There is a lot of 'who you know' type of hiring, knowing or being related to the right person in the right level of management goes a long way.

They take care of their employees, worked there for 20 years and have helped me raise my family, even when I was out of work for an extended period of time.

The company is changing a stigma that they had had for a while, slowly but surely the culture of the organization is changing for the better, and it was already good.
Pros
When it comes down to it, all Team Members support each other when the going gets tough.
Cons
some departments do not communicate as well as others, nor do they like to work togehter with business partners
Really worked for a quality group of people
Picker/Loader (Former Employee) –  Vernon, TexasDecember 3, 2016
Long hours, but pay is good and I had nothing but respect for my upper management, who weren't afraid to work those same long hours and then some. Some of the green hat managers weren't that good, but they eventually get weeded out. The blue hats were mostly good managers and the plant manager, production manager and 99% of upper management onsite were great people. Advancement is certainly there if you want it. A few employees there were pretty shady people, but in a plant that size that's to be expected. There were a lot of great employees as well.
Pros
Lots of benefits, on site management were great people who truly care about you
Cons
Long hours, in a freezer the whole time but you get used to it.
Very Fast Moving
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARAugust 26, 2016
Dealing with fresh chicken isn't all about the sale. It consisted of working closely with operations and transportation. The Fresh CVP Group was the only group that managed our own transportation within the company because of the high volume on a weekly basis.
In my position you had to be able to adapt very quickly due to unforeseen circumstances that may arise. Right or wrong, I always tried to collaborate with all involved to come up with the right solution to any problems before us. One thing I learned is that things change quickly and rolling with the changes is a must.

The most enjoyable part of the job was building relationships inside and outside the company.
Benefits
Cons
Unqualified Personel
Tell your home life goodbye
Production Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VASeptember 15, 2016
I work for as a Production Supervisor. If I had known what the hours would be, I never would have taken the job. Supervisors work no less than 70 hours a week. You get very few breaks and sometimes get to take a lunch break. I would not recommend this job to anyone who actually likes to have a life outside of work. Almost every Saturday is spent in the plant.
Pros
Good pay and Good benefits, great coworkers
Cons
No work/life balance whatsoever
Fast pace work, extreme work conditions and enviroment
Second legger (Former Employee) –  Holcomb, KSAugust 9, 2016
Fast pace line work. Management could use some work, but learned quite a bit of skills and techniques. Typical day of work was productive, sometimes slow, and had to work in either extreme cold or heat work environment. Very hands on work. Meeting different people from different backgrounds, cultures, parts of the world, and work experiences was very enjoyable.
Pros
pay was weekly, co-workers, and benefits
Cons
Management, work conditions, and work environment.
Great place if you are not Caucasian
Racker (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNJuly 31, 2016
I would not recommend working here. A white man has no chance. They are very discriminatory. I worked here a little over a week. I had a conflict with an employee on my line and instead of moving me, I was told there was nothing I could do. I was pushed around by some of the non-Caucasian employees on my line. When I reported it to my supervisor, nothing was done. They told me I was making 10.85/hour and when I received my first check, I was told I wasn't. They would also tell you that you would only be working to a certain time on Saturdays(say start at 4:30 and end at 8:30) but they change it as it gets closer to the time they said you would be off and you end up working the entire shift. The job itself was very easy, but I was not able to work in an environment where I was constantly pushed around by employees who were the same status as me. The benefits were great, but they also take more than you sign up for out of your check. I would not recommend this job to any Caucasian person.
Pros
benefits and discounts
Cons
most of the job
challenging job great job security
SENIOR AMMONIA SERVICE TECH (Former Employee) –  Logansport, INOctober 29, 2016
the company ethics are good, need better management skills from the top down. all in all offer great benefits, pay, job advancement, and great training. i would recommend as a starter place of employment or retirement the end game.
Pros
training, benefits
Cons
long hours and management skills
Good company to work for if you have the right job
FSQA Technician-Chick'n Quick Processing Plant (Current Employee) –  Rogers, AROctober 3, 2016
Great health benefits. Higher management give employees appreciation luncheons and dinners to show appreciation. Work life balance is nonexistent. If you are management, expect to never have less than a 10 hour day working.
Pros
Employee appreciations, Benefits (health)
Cons
No work life balance
Hard work thats worth it
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Blountsville, ALSeptember 20, 2016
The job was physically demanding but, the paychecks and benefits were well worth the bodily pain. The only issue I had while employed here was human resources wouldn't accept doctors excuses and I would have to resubmit paper work to have points removed. I love working here. I met some really amazing people and my gpm and supervisor were amazing
Pros
Free ice cream on Wednesdays, fresh chicken on lunch break, amazing employees..
Cons
Only one 45 minute break, point system for absences.
Fast paced, challenging work
Kill Floor Operator (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 14, 2016
It's consistent work, pretty easy stations, advancement is quick, you can choose out of 3 shifts. Management is helpful if there are any issues. They do fun activities for holidays or trying to raise money for causes.
Pros
If focused easy to move up, really good money, 3 different shifts
Cons
Work in extreme heat, smells bad, covered in blood
Good If you can work
Evis back up venter/IQF stacker/IQF floor person (Former Employee) –  Robards, KYJuly 26, 2016
It is a place that is easy to get on considering they have taken people without high school diplomas or GEDs. They also taken many with criminal backgrounds. It just isn't the type of place to move up unless you want to be a maintenance or a supervisor. Every year raise is given to the yearly raise the new hires will get after one year. So working there just a year you be making the same as someone working like six years.
Fast paced multi function hub for Tyson prepared food division, operate multiple machinery with a minimum of 90% effeciency
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sanford, NCJuly 28, 2016
Perform checklist on the production line, which consist of a three part machine. Compare notes from shift before and make necessary adjustments, Relieve co workers and operate booth machinery, sustaining productivity on both.
Pros
Great Benefits, fast Advancement, Strong Career Outlook
Cons
Quick pay ceiling, Weak community prescense
Its Like Working Out Your Body, No Need for a workout Schedule lol
General Production (Former Employee) –  Carthage, TXOctober 30, 2016
Standard Labor, Easy On Day Shift, Harder On Night Shift dealing with chickens are not easy as it may seem. The Hardest Part Of The Job But Looks Easy Is Hanging The Birds. fast process and you have to be quick.
Pros
Money, Benefits are great.
Cons
if you live far from the plant (I would carpool) Hot HOT HOT whew it be hot lol, and you can't take a beverage in the back with you its forbidben lol
Quality Control Manager
Pine Bluff, Ar. QUALITY ASSURANCE SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARJune 28, 2016
Typical work day includes but not limited to working direct with USDA to insure a quality and safe product for the consumers of the products being produced. I have learned in the yrs the people like short cuts which benefit them at cost of a prodcts and or even the company name. my coworkers were exciting people from different ethnic back grounds. the hardest part of the job again was discipline and training.. The most enjoyable parts including meeting new people and watching their success as they grew in the company
Pros
salary, benifits, hours of work
Cons
cold, wet or hot humid inviroments
I was able to have decent living conditions.
Master Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Storm Lake, IAOctober 7, 2016
I worked 12 hour days 4 days a week. I had 3 days off every week which was nice. I had to learn a lot on my own, and management wasn't always helpful. There was a lot of politics going on that could discourage some people.
Pros
decent benefits
Cons
Team members gossip excessively
Room for improvement
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Logansport, INNovember 7, 2016
Its always a rough start. Always picking up other people slack, i feel like they dont understand the concept of teamwork and its not an environment im used to. Also there is limited communication due language diferrence
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lack of communication, management needs improve
Productive, fast pace work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Union City, TNAugust 14, 2016
Enjoyable part of my job was lunch, and hardest part was staying warm. Co workers were very friendly and helpful. I learned a lot about how to cut chicken, and move at a fast pace. Management team as also very helpful and family oriented. Typical day at work consisted of getting prepped and going on the floor to move.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
Very cold place to work
Loved this job
Back up department supervisor "Lead" (Former Employee) –  hutchinson ksSeptember 4, 2016
This job was one of my favorites.i actually didnt mind going out of my way to help out where it was needed here anytime.the people i worked with was for the most part friendly and i got along with most everyone.work was hard but the pay made up for it.great job and now am still applying to go back.
Pros
pay, benefits, great work enviorment
Cons
sometime the work would be to tough and shifts very long.injuries ensued
It's a job
Dapec / General Labor (Current Employee) –  Forest, MSJune 5, 2016
This is a good start for someone who has no more options. I love my supervisor and some of my co-workers. They keep me going and that's the only reason I'm still there.

Job: I hang chickens, pack out, grade and line boxes. I stand on my feet 8-9 hours a day in the cold and sometimes the chemicals are out of control and it makes everyone cough and sneeze. I get a cold at least once a week. The jobs are very simple but they can get repetitive.

The pay: I'm only 20 with no degree at the moment so it's hard to find a good job with good pay here. And Tyson was my final option. I get paid 9.40 an hour about $318-$366 a week $1200-$1400 a month. Some would think that's pretty good but you have to stay there a year just to get a "big" raise when there are places in the world that start you off at $11 and up. Besides that the benefits are great.

Advancement : luckily you can advance at Tyson. They get open spots for different things all the time and they put it on the job board. And then there's USDA. If you work in a chicken plant for a year, you could be a candidate to work as an usda.

Hope this helps. :)
Pros
Friendly staff, keeps you busy, long lunch, good benefits
Cons
Cold and wet environment, low pay, repetitive work
No.advancement. High stress workplace
Alley buyer (Former Employee) –  IowaSeptember 7, 2016
Had not been able to do the job I was hired for. Getting paid a salary to do a job people with no education while I make student loan payments. Chronically short on help. Good pay, but if you want to learn or advance, look to another plant
Pros
Decent hourly pay
Cons
No help. No advancement.

Tyson Foods Incorporated Reviews by Location