Tyson Foods Incorporated Employee Reviews

Found 2,475 reviews matching the search
It's cold year round
Managment Support (Current Employee) –  Rochelle, ILSeptember 22, 2017
If you can stand the cold 3-4 days a week in 12-hour shifts, this is the place for you.You are able to sign up for overtime, yes sometimes it is mandatory.Rotating Saturdays.
Productive. Fun place to work at
Mainline/ Evis (Former Employee) –  Noel, MOSeptember 22, 2017
Typical day at work wasn't about I in team , but getting along more with the people I already knew more. Easy-going outside of assembly and very competitive on the floor.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long breaks
Account Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 22, 2017
Stressful day at work. The hardest part of the job was having to spend the night in order to install a new software system. My manager and coworkers were amazing. The smell from the pork bellies on the floor took some getting use to.
Fast pace
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Olathe, KSSeptember 21, 2017
From what I got out of the experience of working at Tyson Foods was that it was a very fast pace workplace and for that reason and had an extremely high turnover rate
Pros
45 minute lunch break into 20 minute smoke breaks
Cons
It is extremely cold in that building -5 degrees
great place to work
Refrigeration Tech (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXSeptember 21, 2017
Management is experienced in all fields of operation. they have worked from the bottom to the top. they listen to entire situation before making major decisions that will influence all employees
Pros
great atmosphere
Cons
Union plant
productive and fun
Deboner (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VASeptember 21, 2017
very interesting place to work very fast paced i learned how to debone a whole chicken from wing rounding to shoulder cutting to pulling breast to pulling tenders and checking the meat for bones
Pros
nice breaks and paid overtime
Cons
smelly
work place culture
Sr. Accounting Administrator (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NESeptember 19, 2017
Everyone gets alone. We all work together to get things done. They teach you all aspects of the job. I have learned all the jobs in my department and the management is awesome.
Pros
great working environment
Cons
have to relocate for promotion
Trimmer (Current Employee) –  Holcomb, KSSeptember 19, 2017
I love working at Tyson, they fulfill your needs, understands what you need. They work with you in every way possible. Only thing is they need to keep the restrooms more clean and the locker rooms are crowded when first shift are still there when second shift is just barely clocking in.
Pros
I love everything about it
Cons
Wastes a lot of people's time looking for a parking spot when first shift isn't out yet.
Treat employees bad
Leadperson (Former Employee) –  Goodlettsville, TNSeptember 19, 2017
I left this place for a reason they believe you don't need a life when you work for them. They take a position away and drop your pay with no notice and then when the position comes back they give it to someone else
Had a great experience
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCSeptember 19, 2017
It was okay in my book. It's just that I didn't like the fact that I was in a cold place and that my hands and feet where frozen most of the time I was there. I would concerned coming back if I had an different position.
Pros
Pay for luch
Cons
Not long enough breaks
Tyson Foods
Line Loader, Trimmer, Band (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXSeptember 18, 2017
Tyson Foods is overall a pretty good place to work. First shift tends to be a tad more stressful and more competitive than the rest of the shifts. There are a lot of Management moves that are questionable and some supervisors can be harder to work with than others.
Pros
They have great benefits and discounts
Cons
safety, management, safety
easy going
General Laborer (Former Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCSeptember 18, 2017
always had help when needed. That everybody always seemed willing to help when asked. The hardest part was having to move around to different areas when needed.
Great place to work.
Skinner (Former Employee) –  Logansport, INSeptember 17, 2017
Tyson is a very well organized factory to work for and management can be great on certain ends. I loved working there and enjoyed there pay. If I could do it I would still be there. The factory just wasn't made out for me with some health issues I was constantly sick because it was too hot or too cold. Almost pointed out of my job there but management was great with me. I only worked there for 3 months and I had trouble with blood sugars, blood pressure, blacking out, was in the doctors more than once. My doctor wouldn't release me nor will let me work factory as of right now.
Pros
Pay, management, food
Cons
Teamwork
Ok place to work with good benefits
Utilitie 3 (Former Employee) –  Vienna, GASeptember 17, 2017
Fast pace learn how they process chicken hardest part is keeping the meat off of the when things go to backing up when something get messed up the supervisor Help anyway they can to make sure everything going ok
Pros
Free lunch on holidays discount on Chicken good benefits
Cons
Only off on Sundays an no holidays off
Production workers
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARSeptember 16, 2017
The work at Tyson Food can be very stressful. It was extremely hard on my hands. I was a tender cutter. I used a knife for four hours a day. I had carpal surgery on my right hand. I also used scissors for the other four hours.
Pros
The pay was okay.
Cons
Short breaks for 8 hour shifts
It was okay not much to brag on. Just a job to pay the bills.
Warehouse/Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, ARSeptember 16, 2017
You were on the property 10.5 hrs. but you only got paid for 9.5 hrs. there was two 30 minute unpaid breaks per shift. Raises were given every year but were taken back in insurance premiums. Tyson has their own insurance network so you pretty much have to do as they say. They also charge you extra premiums if your spouse has their own insurance through another employer and if you use tobacco products. When I left they were talking about charging for employees who were over their body mass index.
Pros
generally a decent place to work, a lot of OT
Cons
insurance benefits were not the best and did not include domestic partners
Its a job but not a career
MACHINE OPERATOR/BACKUP LEAD (Former Employee) –  Monroe, NCSeptember 16, 2017
Go in at 6 in the morning. work hard all day with a 30-45 min break. Treat you like nothing you doing is ever good enough. This was a really difficult place to work at. The people was rude to each other all the time. But its a job for the most. They really don't fire you. You fire yourself.
Pros
Benefits and hours
Cons
Stressful and hard
Very productive
Wing Cutter (Former Employee) –  Broken Bow, OKSeptember 16, 2017
I had a great experience at tysons food.. The work environment was very laid back and friendly.THE supervisors would help the workers understand the work before doing a job
Pros
Salary
Cons
Cold wrk place but adjustable
Advancement for who they choose
Yard Jockey (Current Employee) –  Glen Allen, VASeptember 16, 2017
Good start for getting on your feet. They choose who to advance and who not to advance. If it's not you be prepared to stay at entry level with entry level pay for years to come.
Pros
Discount on chicken
Cons
Short breaks, stay on feet for more than 9 hrs strait
Great Job
licensed to be a jack driver (Former Employee) –  Dardanelle, ARSeptember 15, 2017
This is job that who want to make money or save up money but you have work for it that. It a good way to earn your money on your own cuz your really working hard for it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tyson Foods Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

Tyson Foods Incorporated Reviews by Location