Tyson Foods Incorporated

Tyson Foods Incorporated Employer Reviews

good job
frok left opp (Former Employee), Pine Bluff, ARDecember 15, 2014
Pros: non
Cons: non
a day come in and work bust ice and drive a fork truck the bosses was nice the co workers had there head in the wrong place most of the time
fast paced environment
Lead Refrigeration Technician (Former Employee), Carthage, MSDecember 12, 2014
Fast paced work environment. Management can be highly critical, but will at times give you a break.
Was a nice place to work but didn't pay enough for the job
Purchasing Manger Assistant (Former Employee), Union City, TNDecember 12, 2014
Enjoyed my job good atmosphere, just didn't pay enough for the work I done,
I am proud to have worked with a fine company as Tyson Foods, espically the plant located in Dardanelle, AR
Line Lead (Former Employee), Dardanelle, ARDecember 11, 2014
Pros: paid vacations, health insurance, very easy to move around and move up in management.
Typical day at work was to try and produce as much product as possible in a safe and clean environment. Always had the same goal each day, but the process was always changing. The changes came from finding new and better ways to complete goals each day.

I learned a lot about working as a team at Tyson Foods in Dardanelle, AR. I learned about taking – more... responsibility for my actions and how my decisions effected everyone around me.

I enjoyed working with the management team and really did feel like a part of the family.

I meet people from all walks of life, who I am proud to call former co-workers. In dealing with co-workers I learned how to effectively use and utilize different abilities and talents each person had to offer.

In the last few years the upper management team has really put forth the effort to show how much they care for team members. A few examples include staying over late to help people clear ice off of vehicles, ensuring parking lot was safe, and helping pay expenses in the lives of team members experiencing devastating losses. They really showed their hearts for people and gratitude.

As a former Tyson Foods employee, I am very grateful for my time and experience gained. If it be Gods will, I would love to return one day. – less
fast paced work enveriment and keeps you on your toes
Packaging Mechanic (Current Employee), Waterloo, IADecember 10, 2014
Maintenance department works 4-3 schedule and I have learned a lot about management and how the system works. I like my job and how it keeps you busy all day. The hardest part of my job is sometimes trying to track down the problem and keep the production line running. My co-workers and everyone is great to work with.
Learned a lot
Manager of Operations (Former Employee), Morrilton, ARDecember 10, 2014
Pros: great pay
Worked this job for almost six years and I met many very good people at this company. I gained a lot of knowledge in the area of TEAMWORK. This is a company that is growing fast and will continue to be a leader in the poultry industry.
Tyson is not an above average work enviroment
Food Safety Quality Assurance Technician (Current Employee), Albertville, ALDecember 10, 2014
I worked for this company for 4 years and at the end of the day wasn't satisfied with management
Strong work ethics are admired and sought after.
Cooler room (Former Employee), Center, TXDecember 9, 2014
Pros: long hours
Cons: selective treatment
They look for hard workers who like to work long hours.
I did not have a lot of family time after work.
I like general labor jobs, and they surely provide enough for all.
Management lacked, some coworkers were given slack where there should be none.
Select few were given special treatment. Extra long lunch and bathroom breaks. They had gotten paid for – more... the same hours even when they had spent half the day away resting. – less
Butcher
Butcher (Former Employee), Carthage, MississippiDecember 9, 2014
Pros: learning new techniques & crafts
Shape, lace and tie chicken, using boning knife, skewer, and twine
Tyson provides good benefite to its team members
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee), Logansport, INDecember 6, 2014
A typical day of work as a manager consist of nine to twelve hours per day. I generally enjoy the people I get to work with, they are my second family. Some of the work involves a large amount of stress management.
good work place
Lead Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Shelbyville, TNDecember 3, 2014
temp rounds, work on boilers , rebulid pumps did line breaks, over seen my crews work delegated work helped with ordering parts
Great hours, and employees
Maintenance Engineer (Former Employee), Storm Lake, IADecember 3, 2014
Pros: good hours, great people to work with.
Cons: no comment
Always had something new to learn and do/fix. Gave me a lot to learn as a Industrial Maintenance. Always had fun working with my team. Downtime was always a challenge.
Great place to learn new things
Lead of Shipping and Receiving (Former Employee), Springdale, ARDecember 2, 2014
Pros: learning new skills.
I spent 15 years here. I met a lot of people. I obtained a lot of skills.
Productive work place where you can get awarded with prizes for your hard work
Debon/D.S.I (Former Employee), Vienna, GADecember 2, 2014
Pros: free lunch and early leave on fridays once pounds was achieve
Cons: staying over when a sudden amount of people was absent
A typical day at work at Tyson foods will be me getting to work early to insure the knifes and sharpeners work probably before the shift starts and insure that My co-workers was comfortable with there mats they stand on.
I enjoyed some of the friedships
Utility Worker/Forklift Operator (Former Employee), Olathe, KSDecember 2, 2014
Pros: meat sales
Cons: too many mistakes
a typical day is long and cold. Since I worked on the shift where all the new people came in there was constant mistakes. I learned to like the 3 days on a
nd 4 off
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), North Richland HillsNovember 30, 2014
A fine company to work for. Good organizational culture.. Fantastic benefits. Tuition reimbursment
great place to wok with good benifits
Welder/Fabricator, mechanic, and oven tech (Current Employee), Sedalia, MONovember 28, 2014
Pros: benifits
my supervisors promote safety first, they trust my discussions, and the company treats everyone with respect.
Proud to wear the tyson uniform
driver (Former Employee), Oxford, ALNovember 27, 2014
Was rewarding and they kept me busy,paid for any repair I did myself
Fast pace environment.
Body Bone (Former Employee), Madison, NENovember 25, 2014
Pros: benfits
Cons: working in the cold.
Has great benefits for not just you but your family always had a set schedule depending on your department always had Sundays off and if Saturdays were worked OT paid weekly. The instructors were always willing to help if needed breaks and such I had great communication with my supervisor. The opportunity to advance was always there every week new positions – more... were available. – less
Fast pace work enviornment
Racker/Cut Up (Former Employee), Shelbyville, TNNovember 13, 2014
Pros: three breaks
Cons: job security
Placing machine wrapped packs of chicken on to racks for shipping, great co-workers. The hardest part of the day was the shift change. The most enjoyable part of the day was lunch. I learned to be a team player and to work hard to meet deadlines.

1 2 3 4 5

About Tyson Foods Incorporated

With its bullish attitude, Tyson is more than chicken. One of the largest US chicken producers, Tyson'sĀ  Fresh MeatsĀ division – Read more

Tyson Foods Incorporated Photos