Tyson Foods Incorporated

Tyson Foods Incorporated Employee Reviews

Found 1,770 reviews matching the search
Its not bad of a place
Shoulder Cutter (Current Employee) –  Waldron, ARDecember 10, 2016
We do our job and we work as a team working safely. Has a good friendly environment, i just dont like the fact they rotate you even if you dont want to be rotated into another job.
Productive and fun place to work.
Stocker/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CADecember 9, 2016
I was in charge of the inventory and production of the dough for flour tortillas. I was in charge of the inventory of ingredients,machinery supply and people.
Pros
Very good co-workers.
Cons
Shortbreaks.
productive place production
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  New Holland, PADecember 8, 2016
productive work place, learn how every part of the product is useful for consumption,good management,a lot different people good to work with and grateful for it,be standing for hours,making really good friends.
Pros
good insurance
Cons
not lunch break paid
Fast and rough at times but pays well
Condemn (Former Employee) –  Monett, MODecember 6, 2016
I personally didn't enjoy working with dead chicken but the jobs aren't too difficult and pay well. The supervisors can be a real pain but it makes sense since your providing food that families will purchase.
Tyson foods is a like Tyson family
Shell saw operator and Rip saw operator (Former Employee) –  Garden City, KSDecember 5, 2016
I actually like the moment that I worked with Tyson and I did never forget my co-workers as we live like family we take good time to work together and I miss them
Pros
Free lunches about holiday
Cons
Enough break time
always short on staffing of supervisors
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARDecember 5, 2016
Good benefits but the production isn't ran properly due to poor decisions being made by upper management. Supervisors hired outside of Tyson get paid more than the supervisors hired within the plant and they have to help train the new supervisor.
Pros
rarely give out leg quaters
Cons
undetermined breaks
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Hope, ARDecember 5, 2016
Tyson food plant taught me alot and because of them , they played a big part in my life of getting into college making me realise how hard life could be without a college education.
Challenging fast pace enviroment with many knowledgable people
Maintenance Technician Floater/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MODecember 4, 2016
a very large company on the cutting edge of poultry processing and further processing with lots of room for advancement. As long as you never voice your opinion, even when asked.
Pros
employee store
Cons
nights weekends and last minute shift time
nice place to start an career
Fecal Inspector (Former Employee) –  Carthage, MSDecember 4, 2016
Tyson food,is an good job for first time employees looking for an job that pays weekly,with many different positions to try,an move around trying,different positions,to learn new job skillls
Pros
good job, good hours
Cons
unprofesional supervisors
awesome
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Zeeland, MIDecember 4, 2016
loved working there, they took very good care of there employees. whatever you needed they would help. long hours, and had to do over time with no choice.
Really worked for a quality group of people
Picker/Loader (Former Employee) –  Vernon, TexasDecember 3, 2016
Long hours, but pay is good and I had nothing but respect for my upper management, who weren't afraid to work those same long hours and then some. Some of the green hat managers weren't that good, but they eventually get weeded out. The blue hats were mostly good managers and the plant manager, production manager and 99% of upper management onsite were great people. Advancement is certainly there if you want it. A few employees there were pretty shady people, but in a plant that size that's to be expected. There were a lot of great employees as well.
Pros
Lots of benefits, on site management were great people who truly care about you
Cons
Long hours, in a freezer the whole time but you get used to it.
fun gives you skills and i like the work
Production Worker and General Labor (Former Employee) –  Joslin, ILDecember 2, 2016
it was an hard job but i like the pay and hours and working on second shift it can help you get to where you want to be i like to meet new people and learn new things at tyson you learn a lot of different jobs
Produtuctive
Many advancements opportunities
Nice manager
Fun
Great Benefits
Pros
Hours
Cons
Drama
this is a great job to work at
Unloader (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaDecember 1, 2016
the people are wonderful there the pay is great the managment is good. everybody is hard working and its a clean n friendly environment
Pros
the pay
Cons
n/a
Trail and error
General Labor (Current Employee) –  Hope, ARDecember 1, 2016
I started work there 5 years and supervisors don't listen to employee they make up ways to fire you and you have to be able to deal with gossip and ignore it, the best thing to do to stay along time is don't socialize with the employees but listen to them when it comes to your safety
Tyson Foods Is a Good Company to Work For
Building and Grounds Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New London, WINovember 30, 2016
I enjoyed my time working for Tyson Foods, New London, WI plant. I found that the maintenance department was very clickish and when management of the plant was faced with a difficult personnel challenge, their answer was to eliminate the problem.
Pros
Tyson Foods supported honest values in business.
Cons
Inability to break cultural norms and deal with personnel challenges.
Good productive place to work
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Forest, MSNovember 30, 2016
I enjoyed my time working at Tyson Foods. It's a good productive business. It gives you the chance to learn different things, and I also gives you the chance to be a good productive worker.
Good place to Work
Shoulder Cutter/Housekeeping Lead (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MONovember 29, 2016
Tyson Foods was a fun and fast paced place to work. I enjoyed knowing that my work meant something. There are a lot of different cultures that work at Tyson. It was fun learning about all of them. For the most part, the management team was awesome. But, there are always those few that make things difficult. The hardest part of the job was being able to stand on your feet for long periods of time. The first couple of weeks are a little difficult, but once you are able to get past those. It is a breeze. The best part of the job, was the health insurance. It was not too expensive. Plus, there are many options available.
Pros
Excellent health care
Cons
Some of the Management
Joke
Meat Grader (Former Employee) –  Independence, IANovember 28, 2016
They hype it up so big as how great it is then once your in they change all the rules. nothing is ran as they say during orientation. they even go as far as to say you own your job that you bid on then even though your doing your job if you make someone else fix their error to continue your job turning out right they have a problem. quantity not quality.
Great coworkers with poor management.
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNNovember 28, 2016
Love the people I worke with at my site but hate dealing with management and their tactic on things they know nothing about. Alot of micromanagement!!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tyson Foods Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.