Tyson Foods Incorporated Employee Reviews

Great and productive place to work for
Drawhand/Trimmer (Former Employee), Buena Vista, GAAugust 3, 2015
Summarize things, It was a great and fun place to work with alot of things to do but the work was always done first. It was a place where if u didnt like your co workers, u learned to love them. Its a place where alot of things were bad but the good out weighted the bad.
A Day with Me
Field Operations Manager (Current Employee), San Lorenzo, CAAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Working with great people.
Cons: Limited growth.
Hello:

A typical day for me would include helping team members with their responsibilities, solving problems, filling in for management, and planning future schedules.
bad place no team work bad leaders
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Dexter, MOJuly 30, 2015
Pros: payed vacation
Cons: no layoffs
there is no team work the management there is very poor they treat their staff bad the benifits was ok the pay is not worth the jobs u do
An overall good place to work
Lead QA Tech/Crew Leader (Current Employee), Zeeland, MIJuly 28, 2015
Management is Slow to change and accept new ideas, but approachable and decent to deal with. I've been able to advance fairly quickly within the company. 3 promotions in 4 years. Pay could be better, but it's reasonable within the industry.
Fast Paced Work Environment
Hatchery Supervisor (Current Employee), Russellville, ARJuly 27, 2015
Early Mornings
High expectations from Management
Team Members are amicable and work very hard
The hardest part of my job is working in an 80 degree plus environment.
Repetitive, hard work
General Labor (Former Employee), Monroe, NCJuly 27, 2015
Pros: free lunch on Saturday
Cons: Long work periods before break
A typical day at work consist of being on the floor 5 minutes before your work time. I was required to wear beard guard, hair net, ear plugs, apron, cotton and plastic gloves and slip resistance shoes/boots. – more... My position was based on rehanging dead chickens on an assembly line for cut up process. My co-workers, well i did not stay at the job long enough to actually know how they were. The hardest part about the job was trying to deal with sharp pain in my hands, wrists, and arms while trying to to perform the essential task and duties. – less
Tyson(PSSI)
Cleaning Crew (PSSI) (Former Employee), Goodlettsville TNJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Nice Coworkers
Cons: Not enough work
My typical day at work was easy to deal with, nice coworkers. The mangers as a bit ruff to deal with but the overall job distribution was very enjoyable to work with.
A good place to work
Maintenance electrician and lead man (Former Employee), amarillo, txJuly 23, 2015
Pros: Decent wages and hours
Cons: Short breaks and hard work
I learned a lot about industrial electrical and mechanical operations. I had a lot of great supervisors that i worked underneath. The hardest part of the job was understanding all the different languages. There are so many different cultures that work at tyson.
Use to be ok
Cooker Operator (Former Employee), Waterloo, IAJuly 21, 2015
It was a nice place to work when it was IBP. Then Tyson bought the company and started taking away benefits. They were surprised when morale went down and work place injuries went up.
Not sure about corporate culture here as our jobs are being disolved within 7 months of starting them
Consumer Activation (Current Employee), AkransasJuly 21, 2015
Pros: Autonomous workplace
Cons: Division is isolated from rest of Tyson since prior company was acquired from Tyson, lack corporate culture and sense of team
Honestly can't give a good review due to scope of my position and the unavailability to being able to transcend with the true corporate culture due to my division being completely isolated from the rest of Tyson Foods.
Overall great experience
Meat Cutter (Former Employee), Joslin, ILJuly 21, 2015
Pros: challenging work
Cons: Not enough overtime
I enjoyed working with people of different cultures. I was responsible for cleaning products and getting them ready for packaging.
poultry production
Cashier/Stocker/Inventory (Former Employee), Pine Bluff, ARJuly 20, 2015
I worked as a fryer operator, chicken store clerk ,sanitation
fryer operator keeping temperature accurate to company policy three oil checks daily keep oil in fryer.
Store Clerk
meeting the needs of customers daily with friendly help and knowledge.
fast paced food producing company
General Production Worker (Former Employee), Portland, INJuly 19, 2015
Pros: Free flat bread fast paced work that kept me busy
Cons: management wasnt the best
I started off making flat bread, I learned the quality expectations of the product and how its produced. The management wasn't the best there they didn't really help out a lot with your problems. I worked with a great staff. It wasn't easy but it wasn't hard either I really enjoyed it. The fast paced work.
cold workplace.
Labor (Former Employee), Lexington NEJuly 18, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: hands would hurt
Typical day was going in and making sure to keep your knife sharp. I learned how to ask for help when i was struggling on learning how to do my job.
Plant Operator (Former Employee), Carthage, MSJuly 16, 2015
Pros: Great cooks on-site
Cons: Smell of the place
I was able to meet new people, it was a nice environment, food was good, and the temperature was descent. My co-workers were friendly but also different but I was able to correspond.
Didn't enjoy working here
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee), Vicksburg, MsJuly 15, 2015
Pros: Every week pay
Cons: Messy people
By far the worst job I've had. The smell was horrible and the long hours were even worst. They went by a point system and whenever you called in you would get a point added, wheather you werer sick or not. If you get over 14 you would be fired.
Fast Paced
Meat Cutter (Former Employee), Pasco, WAJuly 15, 2015
Every worker trimmed a part of the meat on the conveyor belt. The environment was friendly and management was good, i learned how to cut meat, how to sharpen knives and how to work safe.
It's an alright place to work if you love working on semi trucks
Mechanic B (Current Employee), Oglethorpe, GaJuly 14, 2015
Pros: Decent benefits
Cons: Hard hours could use more pay.
I learned most of my skills at Tyson Foods and have exercised everything I have learned. Management is okay and most of my co-workers and I have no issues. The hardest part of the job is the hours.
Hard work, cold environment
machine operator (Former Employee), albertville, alJuly 10, 2015
Pros: Pay
Cons: Cold and wet environment
The jobs pay well but the work environment is harsh. It is extremely cold and wet. The winter months are the worst. Busy and fast paced.
Good
Shipping Supervisor (Current Employee), Van Buren, ARJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Great Hours
Cons: no cons
Great place to work coworkers are good no problems with them team members are also the best and the manager is a great person