Tyson Foods Incorporated

Tyson Foods Incorporated Employee Reviews

Found 1,764 reviews matching the search
Sanitation Worker (Former Employee) –  Hope, ARDecember 5, 2016
Tyson food plant taught me alot and because of them , they played a big part in my life of getting into college making me realise how hard life could be without a college education.
Challenging fast pace enviroment with many knowledgable people
Maintenance Technician Floater/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MODecember 4, 2016
a very large company on the cutting edge of poultry processing and further processing with lots of room for advancement. As long as you never voice your opinion, even when asked.
Pros
employee store
Cons
nights weekends and last minute shift time
nice place to start an career
Fecal Inspector (Former Employee) –  Carthage, MSDecember 4, 2016
Tyson food,is an good job for first time employees looking for an job that pays weekly,with many different positions to try,an move around trying,different positions,to learn new job skillls
Pros
good job, good hours
Cons
unprofesional supervisors
awesome
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Zeeland, MIDecember 4, 2016
loved working there, they took very good care of there employees. whatever you needed they would help. long hours, and had to do over time with no choice.
Really worked for a quality group of people
Picker/Loader (Former Employee) –  Vernon, TexasDecember 3, 2016
Long hours, but pay is good and I had nothing but respect for my upper management, who weren't afraid to work those same long hours and then some. Some of the green hat managers weren't that good, but they eventually get weeded out. The blue hats were mostly good managers and the plant manager, production manager and 99% of upper management onsite were great people. Advancement is certainly there if you want it. A few employees there were pretty shady people, but in a plant that size that's to be expected. There were a lot of great employees as well.
Pros
Lots of benefits, on site management were great people who truly care about you
Cons
Long hours, in a freezer the whole time but you get used to it.
fun gives you skills and i like the work
Production Worker and General Labor (Former Employee) –  Joslin, ILDecember 2, 2016
it was an hard job but i like the pay and hours and working on second shift it can help you get to where you want to be i like to meet new people and learn new things at tyson you learn a lot of different jobs
Produtuctive
Many advancements opportunities
Nice manager
Fun
Great Benefits
Pros
Hours
Cons
Drama
this is a great job to work at
Unloader (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaDecember 1, 2016
the people are wonderful there the pay is great the managment is good. everybody is hard working and its a clean n friendly environment
Pros
the pay
Cons
n/a
Trail and error
General Labor (Current Employee) –  Hope, ARDecember 1, 2016
I started work there 5 years and supervisors don't listen to employee they make up ways to fire you and you have to be able to deal with gossip and ignore it, the best thing to do to stay along time is don't socialize with the employees but listen to them when it comes to your safety
Tyson Foods Is a Good Company to Work For
Building and Grounds Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  New London, WINovember 30, 2016
I enjoyed my time working for Tyson Foods, New London, WI plant. I found that the maintenance department was very clickish and when management of the plant was faced with a difficult personnel challenge, their answer was to eliminate the problem.
Pros
Tyson Foods supported honest values in business.
Cons
Inability to break cultural norms and deal with personnel challenges.
Good productive place to work
General Labor (Former Employee) –  Forest, MSNovember 30, 2016
I enjoyed my time working at Tyson Foods. It's a good productive business. It gives you the chance to learn different things, and I also gives you the chance to be a good productive worker.
Good place to Work
Shoulder Cutter/Housekeeping Lead (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MONovember 29, 2016
Tyson Foods was a fun and fast paced place to work. I enjoyed knowing that my work meant something. There are a lot of different cultures that work at Tyson. It was fun learning about all of them. For the most part, the management team was awesome. But, there are always those few that make things difficult. The hardest part of the job was being able to stand on your feet for long periods of time. The first couple of weeks are a little difficult, but once you are able to get past those. It is a breeze. The best part of the job, was the health insurance. It was not too expensive. Plus, there are many options available.
Pros
Excellent health care
Cons
Some of the Management
Joke
Meat Grader (Former Employee) –  Independence, IANovember 28, 2016
They hype it up so big as how great it is then once your in they change all the rules. nothing is ran as they say during orientation. they even go as far as to say you own your job that you bid on then even though your doing your job if you make someone else fix their error to continue your job turning out right they have a problem. quantity not quality.
Great coworkers with poor management.
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNNovember 28, 2016
Love the people I worke with at my site but hate dealing with management and their tactic on things they know nothing about. Alot of micromanagement!!
Processing (Former Employee) –  Dakota County, NENovember 26, 2016
The job itself was easy but it didn't pay enough. It was dead end job where I would be living pay check to pay check. The job did have a lot of benefits such as good health and dental insurance.
Pros
easy and a few hours
Cons
didn't pay enough
fun working environment
Dry rooms and crew leader (Current Employee) –  Jefferson, WINovember 25, 2016
Tyson was a fun workplace, and the hours worked for my family. They had holiday meals which were nice for the employees and the work was not very difficult. The people were fun to work with.
Fast money paid weekly
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARNovember 25, 2016
Very interesting place you learned a lot I just don't like the long hours you couldn't leave until the jobr or order was done for that shift. Highway package and shipped chickens to places like Boston Market and K.F.C.
Pros
Good place to make money made lots of money there
Cons
I really didn't like their point system. It really didn't make any sense the way it was set up.
productive work place with great benefits
Sanitation (Former Employee) –  Hope, ARNovember 24, 2016
A typical day for me consisted of cleaning, climbing, and inspecting. I learned a lot about handling chemicals, and factory operations. The managements was very helpful and friendly. My co-workers worked hard and as team to get the job done. The hardest part of the job was wearing all the equipment and climbing in to weird places. The best part of the job was the feeling of the was the feeling of transforming the building every time we came to clean.
Pros
great pay, and awesome work schedule
Cons
heat, and chemicals do nor forgive
produtive and fun to work
flour proccessing lead (Former Employee) –  Portland, INNovember 22, 2016
learned leader ship skills, how to operator heat presses, blenders, ovens, Fuji film packaging equipment, flatbread sheeter, data recording on sp charts. co-workers are mostly friendly and very productive. management is normally really involved with helping keep production and if members are in need of help. the hardest part is the 7 days a week. most enjoyable was the ability to learn new things and work your way up in the company
Pros
easy work and the ability to move up quickly
Cons
7 days a week is bit rough
Shoulder Cutter (Former Employee) –  Trenton, TNNovember 20, 2016
Plenty of work to do and to be done and at least 40hrs a week. Some team leaders and supervisors can and will seek to make good workers jobs harder than necessary. you only get about 2 breaks throughout a 8-10 hour work period and only a 20 minute lunch...included within the 2 breaks
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
lack of breaks

Tyson Foods Incorporated Reviews by Location