Tyson Foods Incorporated

Tyson Foods Incorporated Employee Reviews

Found 1,765 reviews matching the search
Loved this job
Back up department supervisor "Lead" (Former Employee) –  hutchinson ksSeptember 4, 2016
This job was one of my favorites.i actually didnt mind going out of my way to help out where it was needed here anytime.the people i worked with was for the most part friendly and i got along with most everyone.work was hard but the pay made up for it.great job and now am still applying to go back.
Pros
pay, benefits, great work enviorment
Cons
sometime the work would be to tough and shifts very long.injuries ensued
Fast money paid weekly
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARNovember 25, 2016
Very interesting place you learned a lot I just don't like the long hours you couldn't leave until the jobr or order was done for that shift. Highway package and shipped chickens to places like Boston Market and K.F.C.
Pros
Good place to make money made lots of money there
Cons
I really didn't like their point system. It really didn't make any sense the way it was set up.
Good place to work ..But
General Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Madison, NEAugust 26, 2016
Tyson Foods in Madison NE .Is a good place to work .You meet some good people there and form great friendships.However the management above a supervisor is lacking in a lot of areas.I have a great supervisor but that's about it upper management tends to nit pick about many things that are not even job related at all.Some people would say with power comes greed and that's what happens on the maintenance side of things.i can not speak for other areas of the plant i guess upper management never got the " treat people the way you would wanna be treated memo "
Pros
Great job. Good people.
Cons
Upper management in maintenance needs major over haul. aka the green hat's
Very Fast Moving
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARAugust 26, 2016
Dealing with fresh chicken isn't all about the sale. It consisted of working closely with operations and transportation. The Fresh CVP Group was the only group that managed our own transportation within the company because of the high volume on a weekly basis.
In my position you had to be able to adapt very quickly due to unforeseen circumstances that may arise. Right or wrong, I always tried to collaborate with all involved to come up with the right solution to any problems before us. One thing I learned is that things change quickly and rolling with the changes is a must.

The most enjoyable part of the job was building relationships inside and outside the company.
Benefits
Cons
Unqualified Personel
Tyson Foods is a good place to work
Leadership Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDOctober 26, 2016
The culture is different depending on the business location you work at. Management is clicky, but not so much that it makes for a bad environment. There is a lot of 'who you know' type of hiring, knowing or being related to the right person in the right level of management goes a long way.

They take care of their employees, worked there for 20 years and have helped me raise my family, even when I was out of work for an extended period of time.

The company is changing a stigma that they had had for a while, slowly but surely the culture of the organization is changing for the better, and it was already good.
Pros
When it comes down to it, all Team Members support each other when the going gets tough.
Cons
some departments do not communicate as well as others, nor do they like to work togehter with business partners
good place to work and make a lot of moneys if you are a good worker
Low trimmer (Former Employee) –  Dakota City, NEAugust 27, 2016
Everybody is busy all the time. Everybody takes care of what he has to do. Everyday the company provides over 5500 cows. The employment office still hires new people. Some time the visitors come to the floor to watch how the job is going on. Anytime all co.workers switch from position to position. sometimes some workers play , joke and share some news.
Pros
once a year
Cons
15min breaks and 30min lunch
Unpleasant
Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, KYAugust 24, 2016
They promise you advancement, good pay, equality, and a friendly work environment. None of that is true. They have a no retaliation policy about complaints, comments, or concerns. It is lie. If you make someone mad in management, or say something they don't like. They will make your life there difficult and do what is necessary to get you fired. If you are a female working in live production do not think for one second that you will advance any further than your hired in position. I wasted 2 years of my life working under false promises.
Pros
Cons
Everything about them
Tyson Foods, Inc.: A great place to build your career.
Administrative Assistant/Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARAugust 26, 2016
As an admin assistant, you get great experience in the field. You are always busy so there is always something new to learn. Management is also wonderful to work with. They never put you below the which is very important to me and other people I have come across. Although the job itself is not difficult, it is VERY DEMANDING. So keep your head up and stay alive.
Good hourly work with room for overtime
Rib Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Logansport, INNovember 18, 2016
Tyson works with you to find a good job that you can perform well and gives you opportunity to rise in the pay scale quickly. The environment if good for employees and the managment is excellent.
Pros
Cafeteria, overtime, opportunity to rise in career
Cons
Sometimes long shifts, fast paced work, extremely cold or hot work environments.
Good company to work for if you have the right job
FSQA Technician-Chick'n Quick Processing Plant (Current Employee) –  Rogers, AROctober 3, 2016
Great health benefits. Higher management give employees appreciation luncheons and dinners to show appreciation. Work life balance is nonexistent. If you are management, expect to never have less than a 10 hour day working.
Pros
Employee appreciations, Benefits (health)
Cons
No work life balance
Sr. Recruiter (Operations)
Sr. Recruiter (Operations) (Current Employee) –  Springdale, ARNovember 8, 2016
A resource for Plant Locations serving as a Liaison between the Plant and Corporate to fill open positions in ALL Tyson locations.Work with Hiring Managers to post and fill any vacant or additional positions for the Operations Business Unit through requisition management. Military recruiting for Operations.
Fast pace work, extreme work conditions and enviroment
Second legger (Former Employee) –  Holcomb, KSAugust 9, 2016
Fast pace line work. Management could use some work, but learned quite a bit of skills and techniques. Typical day of work was productive, sometimes slow, and had to work in either extreme cold or heat work environment. Very hands on work. Meeting different people from different backgrounds, cultures, parts of the world, and work experiences was very enjoyable.
Pros
pay was weekly, co-workers, and benefits
Cons
Management, work conditions, and work environment.
Tyson is the work place for all thugs, hoodlum, and gang banger please apply
Packer (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSAugust 8, 2016
A typical day at work: Never knowing when your shift ending

What I learn: I'll never work for this company again. Don't be fool by the Tyson brand.

Management: Weak passive leadership

Your Co-Worker: This is the job for the ex con, thugs, gang banger, and hoodlums.

The hardest part of the job: Co-workers and management

The most enjoyable part of the job: Paycheck
Pros
paycheck
Cons
management
Joke
Meat Grader (Former Employee) –  Independence, IANovember 28, 2016
They hype it up so big as how great it is then once your in they change all the rules. nothing is ran as they say during orientation. they even go as far as to say you own your job that you bid on then even though your doing your job if you make someone else fix their error to continue your job turning out right they have a problem. quantity not quality.
Tysons review
Bone picnic (Former Employee) –  Logansport, INNovember 1, 2016
In my short experience here at tysons I came to find out that they are a very good company to work for and the people that work there are really nice and they actually care about your health your health is more important to them then the progression you are doing
Pros
Clean facility
Cons
Needs to stop the smoking and eating in the locker rooms
horrible in general
Shoulder Cutter (Former Employee) –  Hope, ARAugust 22, 2016
while I didn't work every job in the facility I did work there for a while and the general consensus was that the job sucked. we were paid well of course but the hours, work required, and general lack of efficiency at the job made a single day feel like 2. maybe because it was night shift so it technically was 2 days
Pros
good people, great pay
Cons
hours sucked, managers didnt seem to care
Pays the bills
Drum Operator (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 25, 2016
This is a wonderful job if you have thick skin and do not mind being talked down to everyday. Your supervisors and fellow employees do nothing but bad mouth each other due to the constant fear of being fired. Tyson rules with an iron fist. If you disagree with me then you have not made it up high enough in the corporate ladder at this facility.
Fast paced, challenging work
Kill Floor Operator (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 14, 2016
It's consistent work, pretty easy stations, advancement is quick, you can choose out of 3 shifts. Management is helpful if there are any issues. They do fun activities for holidays or trying to raise money for causes.
Pros
If focused easy to move up, really good money, 3 different shifts
Cons
Work in extreme heat, smells bad, covered in blood
always short on staffing of supervisors
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARDecember 5, 2016
Good benefits but the production isn't ran properly due to poor decisions being made by upper management. Supervisors hired outside of Tyson get paid more than the supervisors hired within the plant and they have to help train the new supervisor.
Pros
rarely give out leg quaters
Cons
undetermined breaks
good pay and life experience
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dardanelle, ARJuly 27, 2016
this job taught me how to work as a team to get a job done. I would normally check weights, product quality, and then enter that data into a computer. I seemed to get along with almost all of the workers all though it is hard to meet everyone with different shifts and being in such a large work space. I enjoyed some of the lasting friendships that I built there and what it taught me about working as a team.
Pros
set schedule
Cons
not as close knit as an office

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tyson Foods Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

Tyson Foods Incorporated Reviews by Location