Tyson Foods Incorporated Employee Reviews

Found 1,690 reviews matching the search
tyson is a great place
Gutter Hanger (Former Employee) –  Denison, IAAugust 30, 2016
so started in the kill floor,it was a great changes to learn all the step it take to butcher a cow,all the different job titles,the hours where great,learning a different langues was hard but cool
Pros
killfoor
Cons
blood and stuff
a great way to stay busy
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXAugust 29, 2016
I enjoyed this job as well. If the contract never ended i would've loved to stay here. although the work environment its self was a tad hectic it was a great place and everyone was friends with everyone
Just not a good experience.
Grinding and Blinding Room (Former Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NCAugust 29, 2016
It was hard work but that wasn't the problem, it was absolutely disgusting. Management was awful because they were all family so there was too much favoritism in the company.
Excellent
Production Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Hillside, ILAugust 29, 2016
Come to work on time everyday.
I've learned good production skills.
Good management skills.
Got along with co worker very good.
Not to much hard work at all because i my view on things in life.
The most enjoyable part was being able to come to a reliable job.
great
Assembler/Production (Former Employee) –  Center, TXAugust 29, 2016
great place to work to meet new people. very good place to learn about computer skills and it keeps you on your toes. I loved it. A lot of cool people to work with
great place
Stacker (Former Employee) –  Shelbyville, TNAugust 28, 2016
its a ok place to work.
lifting heavy boxes in stack off is hard
everyone is friendly even tough you cant understand some of the workers cause they speak a different language that i do.
good place to work and make a lot of moneys if you are a good worker
Low trimmer (Former Employee) –  Dakota City, NEAugust 27, 2016
Everybody is busy all the time. Everybody takes care of what he has to do. Everyday the company provides over 5500 cows. The employment office still hires new people. Some time the visitors come to the floor to watch how the job is going on. Anytime all co.workers switch from position to position. sometimes some workers play , joke and share some news.
Pros
once a year
Cons
15min breaks and 30min lunch
Tyson Foods, Inc.: A great place to build your career.
Administrative Assistant/Payroll Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARAugust 26, 2016
As an admin assistant, you get great experience in the field. You are always busy so there is always something new to learn. Management is also wonderful to work with. They never put you below the which is very important to me and other people I have come across. Although the job itself is not difficult, it is VERY DEMANDING. So keep your head up and stay alive.
Very Fast Moving
Director of Sales (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARAugust 26, 2016
Dealing with fresh chicken isn't all about the sale. It consisted of working closely with operations and transportation. The Fresh CVP Group was the only group that managed our own transportation within the company because of the high volume on a weekly basis.
In my position you had to be able to adapt very quickly due to unforeseen circumstances that may arise. Right or wrong, I always tried to collaborate with all involved to come up with the right solution to any problems before us. One thing I learned is that things change quickly and rolling with the changes is a must.

The most enjoyable part of the job was building relationships inside and outside the company.
Benefits
Cons
Unqualified Personel
Good place to work ..But
General Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Madison, NEAugust 26, 2016
Tyson Foods in Madison NE .Is a good place to work .You meet some good people there and form great friendships.However the management above a supervisor is lacking in a lot of areas.I have a great supervisor but that's about it upper management tends to nit pick about many things that are not even job related at all.Some people would say with power comes greed and that's what happens on the maintenance side of things.i can not speak for other areas of the plant i guess upper management never got the " treat people the way you would wanna be treated memo "
Pros
Great job. Good people.
Cons
Upper management in maintenance needs major over haul. aka the green hat's
Unpleasant
Operations Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, KYAugust 24, 2016
They promise you advancement, good pay, equality, and a friendly work environment. None of that is true. They have a no retaliation policy about complaints, comments, or concerns. It is lie. If you make someone mad in management, or say something they don't like. They will make your life there difficult and do what is necessary to get you fired. If you are a female working in live production do not think for one second that you will advance any further than your hired in position. I wasted 2 years of my life working under false promises.
Pros
Cons
Everything about them
Tyson sure of out of control
28 degrees (Former Employee) –  Wilkesboro, NC 28697August 24, 2016
i cannot answers. these working is more Whole day and never end. total 4k to 6k per day chickren. it mean out of control. if you keeping working.
horrible in general
Shoulder Cutter (Former Employee) –  Hope, ARAugust 22, 2016
while I didn't work every job in the facility I did work there for a while and the general consensus was that the job sucked. we were paid well of course but the hours, work required, and general lack of efficiency at the job made a single day feel like 2. maybe because it was night shift so it technically was 2 days
Pros
good people, great pay
Cons
hours sucked, managers didnt seem to care
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILAugust 20, 2016
- Positive environment
- Kind/understanding/motivated leadership
- Unified goal found as part of the overall culture of the company
- Office hours flexibility
great place to work
Sanitation Lead (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARAugust 20, 2016
The great part about working for this company is everyone is like family.The people you work around seem to be very nice and hard working and dedicated to the job.Great management that leads by example; blessed to have worked for this company as long as I did learned a lot.
Pros
great place to work
Cons
work long hours sometimes
Tyson's is a good place to work
Maintenance Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Fayetteville, ARAugust 19, 2016
Tyson's is a good place to work and they offer the chance to promote from within to a degree. If you want to go farther than the plant level like corporate you will need a basic degree rather it is in the related field or not.
Pros
promote from within
Cons
need a degree to get above a certain level
General Production (Former Employee) –  Waldron, ARAugust 18, 2016
It was just a typical day at work. I learned a lot about how to handle chicken. The management was okay. There was a few coworkers that i didn't get along with but what job doesn't have that.
Pros
Weekly pay
Cons
Not enough hours
messy job
production (Former Employee) –  Sedalia, MOAugust 18, 2016
Cold and wet back the money ok the people were helpful and friendly. The bosses were fair it was a smelly job but someone has to do it but it was easy and they train you as well make sure you understand
Pros
health benefits
Cons
bi-weekly pay
Worst place you could ever work for
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSAugust 17, 2016
Nobody cares about you at that place. The pay is what keeps you there. The management has "cliques" and the only way to move up is to join one. Everyone hates their job. The hours are lousy; some weeks you work a lot, some you get sent home early. Overall I wouldn't recommend it to an enemy.
Fast Paced, exciting to work for
Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Vienna, GAAugust 17, 2016
I enjoyed working for Tyson. I had and good team of team members who helped me to achieve the goals of the company. Tyson is a face paced and an enjoyable job to work for.

Tyson Foods Incorporated Reviews by Location