Tyson Foods Incorporated Employee Reviews

Found 2,370 reviews matching the search
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Hope, ARAugust 7, 2017
Tyson offer really great benefits. It is a fast paced workplace but it's very learnable. The training given is durable. At times it may seem like hard work but it's also easy money.
Hard work
Rehanger (Former Employee) –  Pine Bluff, ARAugust 7, 2017
This job was a hard job because i had to train myself how to cut shoulder wings. Being left handed it was difficult starting off. Overall i learned something new at Tyson's how to cut wings, rehang and live hang.
Pros
Lunch break was great hot meals was available.
Cons
Restroom breaks too short
Gossip Central!
Rehang/General Labor (Former Employee) –  Hope, ARAugust 7, 2017
Just a very horrible place to be. Not one shred of human compassion or even decency among any of the employees or management. Long hours with short breaks. on your feet standing one place the whole shift. Very repetitive work.
Pros
steady work
Cons
employees, lack of advancement
Great Place to Work
Software Developer (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARAugust 7, 2017
Friendly people, reasonable workload expectations and strong sense of team made this a great place to work. Benefits were good but pay was lagging behind market norms.
This company is not that a bad company
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Berryville, ARAugust 7, 2017
It wasn't my type of thing for work. But definitely not a bad company to work for. The pay can be good, plus benefits. If you don't mind working in cold temperatures this would work out for you.
Pros
Not to bad of a company
Cons
Good pay
Fast pased
Reject Butcher (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAAugust 7, 2017
This job was a breeze when everyone did their jobs. Some team members were not so motivated and complained a little too much. I think this was only because they simply didn't have the right outlook. The job itself with the right training was not bad. But, the risk for injury is very high and was hard on the body.
Pros
Jod security
Cons
risk of injury is high.
Clean and organized production environment.
Warehouse Operator Class 5 (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cucamonga, CAAugust 7, 2017
I gained lots of experience in a new environment. Opportunities for growth and affordable insurance for the whole family. Very clean and organized facility. Lots of opportunities for growth with the company.
Pros
Free food and events for holidays
Cons
Inconsistent production schedule
good work enviroment
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Blountsville, ALAugust 6, 2017
Well rounded work eviroment every one work as a team toward a common goal without some of the problems that I have seen in other processing plants good work place
Pros
good work place
Cons
big company politics
Great place
forklift operator, quality assurance, HACCP. (Former Employee) –  Berryville, ARAugust 6, 2017
It is a great place to work for those who want to work. If you're lazy it won't be so great. Hard workers are recognized and promoted. Decent pay. Plenty of hours. Be prepared to stand in one spot all day when you first start. Its worth it though.
Pros
Evrtything
Cons
A lot of saturdays in the summer
Good Workplace
Production Trainer (Current Employee) –  Vienna, GAAugust 5, 2017
Tyson Foods is a great company to work for. A typical day is variable depending on team member attendance. I've learned and experienced lots of things.
Not a family oriented company
Sanitation Lead (Former Employee) –  Corydon, INAugust 5, 2017
Starts out not bad but quickly goes to 6+ days a week managers can easily harass team members about personal business and personal business is spread easily by management
vienna tyson foods
Picket room attendant (Former Employee) –  Vienna, GAAugust 4, 2017
The 12 year i spend at tyson was the worst but in all good benefits and you make the money but too tired to spend it. the management and hr is very poor and need better work ethics and respect toward the workers. I would never go back to work there.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
no respect toward emploees
the warehouse was always cold must like the cold temperature
Quality Assurance Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 4, 2017
The work was simple to do. Had to wear PPE. Very Cold, if you dnt like to be cold, might not be the job for you. Will be able to buy tyson products at a discount price.
Pros
easy work and tyson discounts
Cons
cold and rude people
Stressful to be in sanitation supervision. Some managers were absolutely clueless, a few were good.
Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alexandria, KYAugust 4, 2017
I worked with good lateral colleagues. HR was not much. Pay was decent. High stress. Worked 6days/week, 60- 70 hours week, sometimes more. I did learn quite a bit about food processing and sanitation procedures.
Pros
I had good lateral supervisors to work with.
Cons
Working 6 days / week.
Tyson was a good school for me in the beef industry
Kill Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wallula, WAAugust 3, 2017
I started as a Butcher and was able advance my skills and then become a trainer then a supervisor then a general foreman and i was able travel across the country to the other plants and learn more skills
Pros
Tyson provide me with lots of training
Cons
non
Stressful job
Feed Delivery Driver (18 Wheeler) (Current Employee) –  Waldron, ARAugust 3, 2017
Very stressful, arrogant, demanding management, that treats drivers like little kids. Always on the drivers over the nanny cams. They are continually looking for ways to take your hard earned bonus from you. Equipment is worn out, and they refuse to replace it
no the place to work
General laborer (Former Employee) –  Noel, MOAugust 2, 2017
Very hard work and stressful. also place is not sanitary and working environment is tough. On feet all day dont expect to get much raises working for this company.
Fun work day
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  KentuckyAugust 2, 2017
Normal work days you have your good and bad comfortable workplace friendly environment but I love my job there the most enjoyable part of the job is just showing up
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
regular scheduled breaks
Can always build in the company great place to work
MATERIAL HANDLER (Former Employee) –  Hillsdale, ILAugust 2, 2017
On a normal day, I would lift/throw boxes (25-100 lbs) boxes, onto a conveyor belt. After two months I became company because they were impressed with my work. And was even aloud to run the line a couple of times.
Wishing I never left
Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seguin, TXAugust 1, 2017
Never in a million years did it crossed my mind that I would be leaving such an amazing company when I was hired. I was really looking forward to growing a career with Tyson. The team I worked closely with was outstanding and supportive. Leaving Tyson was one of the hardest decisions I have ever made but it was necessary for - family.

I recommend working at Tyson. Not only they provide great benefits, but they provide extremely well employee training, support from your team members and corporate and daily updates from other job-sites to motivate each other. I really enjoyed my short time with Tyson.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Tyson Foods Incorporated. Our community is ready to answer.

Tyson Foods Incorporated Reviews by Location