Tyson Foods Incorporated Employee Reviews

Found 1,688 reviews matching the search
everything was great besides the managment
General Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJuly 7, 2016
we would start out on a daily meeting to touch base on what has happened that day and the management would send us to our designated job . then as he night went on i would get call after call to go fix something and i could never finish one thing because i could never have the time to finish then i would get in trouble by the other management because there was little done
Pros
love being a mechanic
Cons
bad management
I love tyson foods
whole bird (Former Employee) –  North Wilkesboro, NCDecember 15, 2015
I have been trying for years to get into tyson foods I love the work there, it's all set everyday driving to work excited I love working there it's the best job I've had so far whole bird live hanging I can't get enough of it. It makes me feel like this job was meant just for me.

Remove bones, and cut meat into standard cuts in preparation for marketing. See more occupations related to this task.
Cut, trim, skin, sort, and wash viscera of slaughtered animals to separate edible portions from offal. See more occupations related to this task.
Slaughter animals in accordance with religious law, and determine that carcasses meet specified religious standards. See more occupations related to this task.
Slit open, eviscerate, and trim carcasses of slaughtered animals. See more occupations related to this task.
Tend assembly lines, performing a few of the many cuts needed to process a carcass.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
1 hour break health benefits dental care the whole nine yards
These Reviews Are Rigged.
peasant (Current Employee) –  ArkansasMay 7, 2016
Tyson creates a false rating by encouraging new hires, during their 4 day indoctrination/orientation, to give reviews of their glorious newfound opportunities in such a wonderful company. Yet, after they have worked long enough to realize the truth, they are told, like the rest of us, that they will be fired if they post any online comments, of any kind concerning Tyson Foods. We are constantly told we are not spokespersons for Tyson Foods. You may notice that most of the good reviews come from new-hires or upper-management.
Pros
It's a job.
Cons
Management.
Refrigeration department
Refrigeration Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 27, 2016
It's the worst company to work for especially Houston plant on port wall street they say there a family orientated environment but management and the way they schedule things are horrible no sense of direction human resources are a joke plant manager might as well corporate need to come in themselves to see what there doing there's no nurse on staff on third shift so if you have an emergency pray to God u make it don't recommend anyone working in the Houston plant my advise run somewhere else!!!!!!
Pros
Cons
Management and supervisors are snitches
productive work place, but lacks communication and the location is far
Goose Neck Dropper (Current Employee) –  Amarillo, TXJanuary 4, 2016
This job consists of continuous assembly line work. I have learned a lot of knife skills, the managers here are very supportive and helpful. The coworkers here are very solitary and many do not speak English which makes communication difficult along with the location of the facility. The hardest part of this job is the communication barriers. The most enjoyable part is the supportive management.
Pros
supportive management
Cons
the communication barriers
a safe day starts with a safety meeting
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Logansport, INMay 20, 2016
a typical day has a meeting with the crew before working to go over the days issues. the supervisor has stuff for the hourly employees (pay stubs, benefits, misc.) the crew would leave the same time to find all the product that would change locations daily to the most fulfilling time to go home after the work is done if not almost completely new day for the next shift
Pros
the work was easily done with everyone accounted for
Cons
the management had no idea what/who was going on for the current orders
productive and job is a nice place to work
Prduction Worker/Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  White Hall, ARSeptember 26, 2016
You do everything that has something to do with Tyson food almost... In the plant you go from hanging live chicken to kill... It go through the clean and chill process you rehang it cut. Clean scale pack and label and ready to shift chicken
Pros
you get two 30min breaks
Cons
this jobs came with alot no problems far as work i just end up moving to California
Fast Paced Environment- Not Enough Hours
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Zeeland, MIApril 27, 2016
A Typical day stretching, meeting, Work and once you are done go home. Emphasize in safety. Physically demanding work. Your Learn about Lean Manufacturing, safety, quality. Management can listen about your concern, but once your concern touch anything affecting their performance is like talking to the wall. Employee with seniority are not appreciated at least to my Supervisor. The most enjoyable part of my work is the product giveaway. The employee appreciation day.
Pros
Health Insurance Plan, 401K
Cons
Less thah 8 hours of work.
horrible in general
Shoulder Cutter (Former Employee) –  Hope, ARAugust 22, 2016
while I didn't work every job in the facility I did work there for a while and the general consensus was that the job sucked. we were paid well of course but the hours, work required, and general lack of efficiency at the job made a single day feel like 2. maybe because it was night shift so it technically was 2 days
Pros
good people, great pay
Cons
hours sucked, managers didnt seem to care
Productive, fast pace work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Union City, TNAugust 14, 2016
Enjoyable part of my job was lunch, and hardest part was staying warm. Co workers were very friendly and helpful. I learned a lot about how to cut chicken, and move at a fast pace. Management team as also very helpful and family oriented. Typical day at work consisted of getting prepped and going on the floor to move.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
Very cold place to work
It was a hard work job
D-Bone (Former Employee) –  Carthage, MSJune 22, 2016
It was a hard work job you had to forcus on what you was doing.Clean, trim, slice, and section carcasses for future processing.
Cut and trim meat to prepare for packing.
Inspect meat products for defects, bruises or blemishes and remove them along with any excess fat.
Obtain and distribute specified meat or carcass.
Process primal parts into cuts that are ready for retail use.
Produce hamburger meat and meat trimmings.
ping
cut meat (Former Employee) –  Iowa City, IAMarch 11, 2016
I have to be at work ever day
i learned how to be with different people
management they was nice at any one
he was nice too without riciste

the hardest part of my job was very hart
i m enjoying when I got my nice check
Pros
lunches
Started ok, but slowly turned sour
Trimmer (Former Employee) –  Sherman, TXMay 16, 2016
They do not care about anyone that comes through the door. They say it's family based, but they could care less about you the individual. Most of the people are nice to work with but there are some that are just there to try your patience. Management picks their favorites, while others work harder and go the extra mile. The only thing I liked about the job is that I made a lifetime of friends.
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Never know if you will be off on weekends so it's hard to have family time.
Not a good place for a female to work.
Forklift Operator/ Checker (Former Employee) –  Pottsville, ARAugust 27, 2015
There are 4 shifts that are 12 hours long each. I would get to work at 6:20 am and work till 6:45 pm 3 days a week and 6:20 am - 12:15pm one day a week. While my time at Tyson, I learned how to drive a forklift and not to trust anyone you work with. Management is a joke here. They will tell you one thing and do right the opposite. Co-workers was okay. The best part of my job was the pay check at the end of the week. I made a few friends, but it is hard for a woman to work with a ratio of 8 woman to 45 men.
Pros
Insurance and 401K
Cons
Working with a lot of men who did not respect women
Large company with great benefits and opportunity for growth.
Traffic Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Dakota Dunes, SDMay 17, 2016
Tyson has provided me with a great salary and great benefits for over 20 years. This company allowed me to grow from an entry level clerical position to management. Over the years I have met many people, internally and externally, which allowed me to grow personally and professionally.
Pros
Lots of exposure to many areas of this large company.l
Cons
Sometimes the company is too big and team members can get lost in the shuffle.
Crunching numbers, inventorying, providing
Inventory Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Santa Teresa, NMFebruary 18, 2016
Having meetings with manager, also fun to work with
Learned managing, planning, and inventory
Small company, managers were great to work with
Hard workers, providing materials daily, a challenge
Pulling materials from confined space
Lunch breaks with co-workers
Pros
Small company, few emplyoees
Cons
Benifits
Safely First fun work place
Jack Driver Operator (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 17, 2016
Working at Tyson Foods in Dawson, GA is a nice safe work place.
Startup shift is at 7am and end at pm.
Bring incoming raw product to the line and ingredients to and from the production line.
Management is fair.
My co workers are nice and fun to work with.
Its nothing hard about my job and i enjoy operating the pallet jack.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
snack machine food sucks
Some days hard some days easy.
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Vicksburg, MSDecember 7, 2015
I had enjoyed working for company, I had learned a lot while I was there made a lot of friends while their most all company practice very good safety rules.
Pros
Pay ok benefits good.
Cons
management unstable.
The employee are great
Debone (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, ARJuly 15, 2016
a typical day at Tyson is to go in and people be pushing saying ugly words to get their PP and you get on the line and they you may work on the line or they may put you somewhere different if they're shorthanded the.management is a joke they either try to hide and stay out of the production area or they just stand around and look dumb all day
Pros
They gave use free meals on holidays
Fast paced, challenging work
Kill Floor Operator (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TXSeptember 14, 2016
It's consistent work, pretty easy stations, advancement is quick, you can choose out of 3 shifts. Management is helpful if there are any issues. They do fun activities for holidays or trying to raise money for causes.
Pros
If focused easy to move up, really good money, 3 different shifts
Cons
Work in extreme heat, smells bad, covered in blood

Tyson Foods Incorporated Reviews by Location