U-Haul Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,374 reviews matching the search
U-Haul is a great place to work.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 1, 2016
Friendly environment, relax surrounding. Co-workers easy to speak to friendly. Typical day we come in and share coffee or tea and go our seperate ways to preform our individuals work assignments.
Pros
steady work
Cons
Pay rate low
A great place to work for
Area Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 25, 2016
U-Haul International is a great place to work for, management looks out for their employee's and they have a great insurance package. Another wonderful thing about U-Haul is they push their employee's to better their education and will reimburse the employee for any out of pocket expenses.
Pros
After 2 years of service the company pays your insurance
assistant manager
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GAApril 25, 2016
scheduling truck and trailer rentals to make the most profit, sell storage units based on customer needs, follow up with late payments, customer service is always #1. assist customers when buying moving supplies
Educational environment, fast paced.
Reservation Manager (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXApril 21, 2016
The easiest part of my day was answering the phone calls, whether it was a happy customer or a unsatisfied customer. You had to do everything possible in order to leave the conversation on a positive note. The hardest part of my job was making sure every customer had their reservation at their preferred location, but at the end of the day we had a very positive result every time.
Productive and fun workplace
Customer Service Rep./Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Morton Grove, ILApril 19, 2016
Employees are fun and easy to work with, the management is well, the work come like second nature once you get the hang of things.
its an ok workplace to be apart of
Trailer/SRI Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 18, 2016
Overall it is a comfortable not uptight work environment dont see myself being their forever due to their raise policy, just a stepping stone in my life.
Pros
we only work four days out of the week
Cons
no overtime allowed.
A lot of work for little pay and no opportunity for advancement.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Coon Rapids, MNApril 17, 2016
A typical day of work consists of opening/closing the store, making rental appointments, dealing with customer question/complaints, sales, checking in and out trucks/trailers, inspecting equipment and applying minor repairs. You are completing these various tasks within a day among other co-workers with poor management to divide duties. Many customers would be frustrated and you would get the heat of it. All of this for little pay and little opportunity for advancement.
great job good company
Customer Service and Driver (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 13, 2016
this company goes the extra mile to stick by your side I got injured at the job and they have been supportive and helpful worked with me
College Job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Duluth, MNApril 12, 2016
This is a basic college job that can give you hours. They work around my work schedule very well. Compensation is average with no advancement. The skills picked up will be useful such as wiring and basic vehicle repair is good. Co-workers are the best part of the job.
productive as well as fun, customer centered
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAApril 11, 2016
A typical day at work consisted of checking inventory, verifying cash drawer. Reviewing all scheduled reservation for the day for time management. Something new was learned everyday, weather it be dealing with a difficult customer, or new changes in technology. Management was very well mannered, managed people and gave them daily activities to get done. On very busy days checklist may not be completed due to high demand of customers in a growing industry. Co workers worked well together as a team, each having a different personality. The most difficult part of the job was getting every customer taken care of in a timely manner without stress added. The most enjoyable part of the job was having a customer leave with a smile on there face.
benefits
Cons
payroll
Good place to work the team and the crew are nice
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomingdale, ILApril 9, 2016
Good place to work the team and the crew are nice
Nice job over all cleaning closing opening the store is always nice to have the trust
working with people
Customer Service Representatives (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 7, 2016
I learned the ins and outs of the self storage business and truck rentals. learned to use Web Best software and Windsen software,loved working with my coworkers.
Pros
Working with the customers
Cons
Very little do to Regional manager
busy
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOApril 6, 2016
night shift short hours, pay was fair for part time. a fair amount of chances to advance. rewards and recognition was often given. atmosphere was good. team oriented job
Training
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZApril 6, 2016
Training the first three weeks was good , Then we had another instructor and he did not explain very well and we had to figure it out our self . which I did .The company is good just need better instructors
good place to work
Mobile Repair Unit (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaApril 5, 2016
good place to work befits could be better there is a lot of chances to move up in the company hours range depending on work the job security is there due to the demand of the equipment
Cashier/Clerk
Cashier Clerk (Former Employee) –  Grand Prairie, TXApril 1, 2016
Rented out trucks, cleaned storage units, and educated clients on agreements.Worked full time and healthcare was offered.Mylin was my manager. Unfortunately she passed away from cancer.
Pros
Low stress
Cons
No incentives
great work environment and workers
facility housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMarch 31, 2016
When I first started the manager immediately showed me what needs to be done how to get it done such as cleaning storage units, using the computer to process payments and renting out the storage units. Each day the first task was to make sure all storage units were up to date on payments and to call for payments. The majority of the time I worked alone but my manager and other workers would always make sure my questions were answered or if i needed any assistance with anything. My co-workers were awesome and before i left started to teach me other areas if I were ever asked to fill in for anyone else. The hardest part of my job was making phone calls to customers who were not willing to cooperate or refused to make payments. Enjoyable part of my job was learning the computer system and being able to be trusted to complete my job without being watched all the time.
Pros
flexible work schedule
Cons
commute was far with the condition of my vehicle
fair
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Coconut Creek, FLMarch 31, 2016
Uhaul a great part time job and there are opportunities to move up in the company. my manger worked with my school schedule
Very fun environment. Driving the trucks was always fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMarch 30, 2016
I learned how to fill propane and a few tricks with helping out customers. Customer service is a very difficult job and I think everyone should at least try it once. Co-workers were very helpful many young people like my self. Hardest part was being in tough situations with customers and them being angry. Meeting so many people was enjoyable.
Pros
Driving trucks, being propane certified and sitting inside an office.
Cons
Dealing with angry customers.
Trandsfer driver
Transfer driver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 29, 2016
You never know when you are going to work. You may only work 3 hrs per week at minimum wage. You get no benefits. Speeding tickets are yours. You are encouraged to hustle. Hooking up trailers is back breaking. Many have left with injuries. You will not get a raise. Stay totally away from this job. You drive vehicles that have been in wrecks or are unsafe to drive. Management is inept and harsh. Big turnover. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.
Pros
Cons
no breakes, no health care, dangerous vehicles, back breaking trailer hookups. 3 hour work weeks