U-Haul Employee Reviews

Winning Job But...
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIDecember 16, 2017
I love this job....but...I have had issues. I was passed up for a promotion which led to someone who had been there half as long being promoted before me. The manager compensated for it, but it still hurt. It has been long since then and now I feel like I have the responsibility of two jobs and I am only being paid for one. So if you aren't willing to work multiple jobs and only be paid for one I don't suggest it...but that also probably means you are not a team player.
Pros
Team life
Cons
pay
Mechanic/ Stoker/ Call (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CADecember 16, 2017
its ok depends on your location. dealing with customer some time can be very difficult. but overall a great place to work if your young and still in school or some thing
Not best place
Certified in propane, forklift driver, etc (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 15, 2017
Hard for woman to get ahead at uhaul. They don't seem to want a woman in a management position. Manager was happy to take advantage and not push you forward in your career
Not a good place
Csr & reservation - Part-Time (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZDecember 12, 2017
Very difficult environment with high sales push. Want you to get a credit card number before the customer even knows what is available. Unable to guarantee what you are selling. Awful products and high push for quota. Even if you meet your quota, you are reliable and you are on-time then you still won't meet their expectations.
U-Haul
OMS Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNDecember 12, 2017
I had a part time job with U-Haul and I was a over the phone mechanic dispatcher. I was able to work from home. That was a good thing for me because I was a new mommy, but not so good because the only available shift was 4-8pm. Every good parent knows that's a busy time with kiddos. Supper, bath, and bed... The job was ok but it just didn't work with my life at the time.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Manager
Summary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Farmington Hills, MIDecember 12, 2017
Learned how to install hitches and wiring, do basic vehicle repairs, and work in a fast paced environment. Very tiring job. Very active job as well which was a good thing.
UHaul
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Aurora, CODecember 10, 2017
I did not work here very long but enjoyed the fast paced atmosphere. I was able to interact with people and felt good after a hard day of work. I felt like it was a good experience.
Rerservation Manger
Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CADecember 10, 2017
Was a clerical position as well as a customer service position. Having contact with other sites and dealers within the company. Helping customer find what they needed a pitch at Uhaul Customer is your boss.
Total Hours Vary
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Eugene, ORDecember 9, 2017
A typical day revolves around each customers rental needs. People, during a move are at U-haul to rent a truck, or trailer to move their household. While customers are not in a very good mood because moving is stressful, it is rewarding to put customers at ease by answering their questions and getting the moving equipment they need.
U-haul has basically two seasons. In the Summer, people tend to move. It could be students, it could be home owners and apartment renters. U-haul can be very busy and usually most trucks and trailers are rented during the warmer weather. You may get 28 - 32 hours of work in a week. In the Winter, it is just the opposite. You may work 8-12 hours in a week, while business is slow. It is feast, or famine. This is the nature of the moving business and no fault of U-haul.
The job can be quite physical and requires lifting, moving and hooking up trailers, cleaning 30 or more trucks during a shift in the Summer.
Pros
Free jackets. Good training.
Cons
Can go from very busy to quite slow depending on the season.
Managers are terrible
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, CODecember 8, 2017
Terrible managers, very bad working environment. Hours are terrible and no one is ever allowed to work overtime. They must take a long "lunch" to stay under hours.
My day
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Vacaville, CADecember 7, 2017
Greet customers; get equipment or trucks for the customers; fill out necessary paperwork; make sure trucks and equipment was organized and clean for sending out.
Pros
Great managers and great teammates
Cons
Minimum wage
Very productive
Assembler/Production (Current Employee) –  Schererville, INDecember 6, 2017
Very fast paced company. Would recommend to younger applicants. Some positions are more stressful than others. Overall a good company to work for if you can get a full time position.
review
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYDecember 6, 2017
underpaid over worked, unfair management, bad work environment. lack of staff . lack of consistency , policy procedures arent consistent. lack of responsibility upheld by management
High Stress, but good company
Reservation Manager (Current Employee) –  Palm Harbor, FLDecember 5, 2017
The reservations department can be a high stress department that can take the blame for a lot of situations that go down out in the field. The benefits are well worth the job, and the do have a lot of discounts available for you no matter what job position you are in.
fun
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARDecember 4, 2017
Go an see were you are working for that day. Learn how to drive to different.leran a lot places management was nice driven to long city stopping an eating
Great job for a summer
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Benbrook, TXDecember 4, 2017
Summer job that was fun and kept me fit and in shape. Working with the equipment was always enjoyable to me. I Like walking around the storage units to clean there was all kinds of neat stuff to see and learn about.
it was decent just lack of hours
Mover/Laborer (Former Employee) –  steubenville OhioDecember 4, 2017
It didn't stay steady as of the last three months or I would have stayed but there was days that I only worked 2 to 3 hours I wanted steadyness but I didn't get that
Pros
under the table money
Cons
unstable with very few breaks
It was fine??
Reservation Manager (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CADecember 3, 2017
I worked in the back where phone calls were taken and reservations were made. Ya gotta be able to make reservations, like three a week in order to stay out of trouble. Just reduce the price, just do it.
Overall
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Chester, PADecember 2, 2017
I think this could be a great place to work. So far, my manager is beyond fair and compassionate. Very rare to find a manager that takes your personal life into consideration.
Pros
Manager
Cons
Training is not solid.
Bad place to work at not worth your time, anywhere is better
Detail Specialist (Former Employee) –  Warrington, PADecember 2, 2017
I can only talk about my experience in the shop I worked at, maybe at other was better but the one I was at, everything was bad from management to communication and payment. The only good thing they had were the benefits those were actually pretty decent
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Everything, horrible management and pay with very bad communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U-Haul. Our community is ready to answer.