U-Haul

U-Haul United States Employee Reviews

customer service rep (Former Employee), macon GaMarch 24, 2015
I liked uhaul and my co-workers and management were great. I did recieving and dispatching of our trucks, inventory, installing car/truck hitches and wiring for lights, closed store operations and handled all of our customers needs.
Incredible growth environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 19, 2015
Under the manager I personally learned skills such as inventory control and how to manage people for success. The opportunity for personal growth is fantastic which is why I have worked for the company for so long.
This was an interesting job.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, ARMarch 19, 2015
Pros: helping customers
Cons: no room for advancment
I rented U-Haul trucks and trailers to people who were travling. I learned how to do contracts for people and how to pump propane into campers. I was hired as the assistant manager by title but treated like a regular employee. The manager was over controlling. This was the first job I found after moving to Arkansas. When the opportunity to move on I took it. The hardest part of this job was competing with the manager's friend who applied for the job I got and didn't get it. He worked there beside the manager with the same schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers and sometimes seeing them off on their trip.
Great Place
Reservation Manager (Current Employee), Plano, TXMarch 16, 2015
Great place to work and earn income. Great managers and the employees are awesome. I have a lot of fun and learn a lot at this company.
Family atmosphere with a challenging mission.
Area Field Manager (Current Employee), Wyoming, MIMarch 16, 2015
Monitor and review policies and procedures. Employees have access to tons of extended information with internal online university. Hardest part of the job is dealing with a few customer's unrealistic view of life and how business works.
Uhaul Rating
Mechanic (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 16, 2015
Pros: great schedule
Cons: no overtime, poor benefits
Daily work tasks are not bad. Repairing and do maintenance on vehicles is standard. Learned to be more of a team player. Management was not always fair. Co-workers are great. Hardest part of job was knowing there was no overtime available.
Worklife balance
General Manager (Former Employee), Marietta, GAMarch 12, 2015
As a General Manager, we were required to work 6 days a week, sometimes 7, if someone called out. That doesn't make for a great Work/Life Balance.
An easy job, but not easy customers to deal with.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mobile, ALMarch 12, 2015
Cons: rude customers
Working here was not difficult, and I learned many communication skills, but the customers you deal with on a daily basis take a lot of patience.
Good job for those looking to start over.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 11, 2015
Pros: direct management, easy hours, down time
Cons: no health benefits, low pay, outside in the summer/winter
U-Haul has been a great learning experience. It's a good, solid job given the right managers. The management above me is fantastic. Above all, you're given the opportunities to learn and grow. The co-workers can be a little difficult, but for a part time job, no complaints. The hardest part of the job is probably the physical work of cleaning out trucks and dealing with the customers.
Great place to work.
General Manager (Former Employee), Overbrook, PAMarch 11, 2015
Awesome place to work. This was my first to work for U-Haul and I learned a lot about working with people from different walks of life.
productive work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Spring Hill, FLMarch 11, 2015
Pros: very understanding, and caring workplace
Cons: getting wet in the winter while washing trucks
It was absolutely amazing working there I would go back anytime.
I loved the bosses they knew how to give constructive criticism, they made you feel comfortable when they worked with you.
Not what you're hired for
driver at ubox (Former Employee), centerpoint, alMarch 8, 2015
Pros: learning
Cons: no breaks, two very different pays
This company is not ready to operate this position. The truck has been setting for a full year. The promise to train you fell through. They train you to work in the uhaul part of the job but does not get to the ubox part of the job. They have you washing trucks and vehicles and trailers in 35 degree weather, all day long, the very first day. Pay is two different ones. They promise to keep you in the ubox part driving, but actually you will be in the lower pay, not driving. Really misleading.
Fast paced and challenging
Area Field Manager/Mobile Repair Operations (Former Employee), Bangor, MEMarch 7, 2015
Pros: freedom of control
Cons: 24/7 coverage
Seek and train potential business owners to become independent dealers and to move equipment from one non-profitable area to more productive areas...working with customers to reach total satisfaction.
an alright place to work with but with little advancement
Call Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 5, 2015
i was told this was not a sales position come to find out the position was a sales position when we are suppose to reserve cars
Productive and Constructive enivornment
team member (Current Employee), Philadelphia, PAMarch 5, 2015
Pros: team work
Cons: it is part-time and i need a full time position
A typical day at work is detailing about 5-10 cars a day during the week. On the weekend the team and I are detailing about 40 cars per day. It is a study pace all day but I like being busy because it helps me to be better at what I do.
Co workers were fun to work with
Field Computer Support Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix,AZMarch 2, 2015
At Uhaul corporate it is nice that they have a cafeteria in the building and the coworkers are fun to work with. To many people are concisely switching department and the supervisor only cares about her self and is not a pleasant person and she is not afraid to admit it
All positive things I learned from Uhaul
General Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, CAMarch 1, 2015
Typical day a Uhaul was very busy with things to do all day. I learned everything about truck rental business. Management was very thorough and co-workers were easy to get along. Hardest part of job was moving trailers. Most enjoyable part was dealing with customers.
its good if your looking for a part time job.
Customer Service Representative/ Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, CAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: lots of down time
Cons: not enough pay for what they require you to do
Rental Contracts
Level One truck and trailers
Some time high volume of calls
Make reservations
Laid back during the week and very busy on weekends
Good part time employer
eSales and Reservations (Former Employee), Work at HomeFebruary 26, 2015
Besides the plus of working from home, as a part time job the pay is great. Management wasn't to good but the senior agents provided as team leads did everything possible to make you feel a part of the team!
Low management tolerances, unforgiving work environment
Fleet Detail Specialist (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: good coworkers, ample break times.
Cons: short fused middle management, severely outdated working and enviroment, relatively sparse amenities like heat and ventilation
Typical day consists of clock in, working for about 2 hours and then lunch, and then the long stretch to 4pm. I learned that it doesn't matter how long you work, if you're the bottom of the financial food chain middle management will treat like garbage if your actions don't support their personal needs. The hardest part of the job is being a moonlighter and not having any other sources of income while being forced to work while severely sick just to make ends meet, it should be noted that the heaters weren't even functional until well into the winter.

About U-Haul

U-Haul International, Inc. is an American equipment rental company, based in Phoenix, Arizona, that has been in operation since – Read more

U-Haul Salaries