U-Haul

U-Haul Employee Reviews

It is just an "OK" place to work
PM Technician (Current Employee), Toledo, OHAugust 10, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Pay rate or Compensation
The benefits are great, definitely 5 star, but compensation or job advancement is extremely poor. Some of the people say the benefits make up for the lack of compensation, but I don't think that's true at all.
Good
Customer Service (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 9, 2015
Good place to work. It has good management and great employees. Quick to hire those who want to work hard and treat their employees good.
Overall enjoyable.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Springdale, ARAugust 7, 2015
It is a fast paced work environment and you have to work with customers, computers, and vehicles. It's an interesting job with chances to move up in the company.
Very busy and life broadening experience
Center Manager / Storage Manager (Former Employee), Memphis, TN; Brunswick, ME., Tupelo, MSAugust 5, 2015
I had the fortunate opportunity of working in different cities and states while employed by U-Haul.

This company is forever growing and expanding and provided the same for my personal and professional experiences.

I will be forever grateful for my time with U-Haul (also worked from home for the company from 3-2014-6-2014) as a reservations representative. I grew as a person being able to live in different cultures of our country, while growing as an employee as well being very dedicated to the company and my customers to provide the absolute best services to my ability.
Roadside assitance department
Roadside Assistance Representative (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZAugust 5, 2015
Pros: lots of opportunities to advance
Cons: high stress department, part time
Great company with good values. However they prefer keeping part- timers and turn over is noticeably high. As long as you are someone who can take high stress or escalated calls while mulitasking you will do great and can grow with the company.
Customer Service
Center Service Rep (Current Employee), Newnan, GAAugust 3, 2015
Pros: Great people
Cons: Hot and cold weather
I do enjoy working for U-Haul. I work inside and outside, I work with customers and about 3 other employees and day. My manager is very fair and fun. The hardest part of my job is the weather, too hot or too cold, but the best part is helping people.
Good Company
Customer Service Rep / Independent Dealer (Former Employee), Seymour, WIAugust 3, 2015
Teaches excellent customer service skills, as well as being able to multi-task and problem solve. Knowledge of different vehicles.
Great place to work, while in school or just looking for a part-time job.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cedar Park, TXJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Discount on major cell phone providers, starting pay.
Cons: Benefits, system.
Make sure if you apply to U-Haul, you understand that it gets frustrating, hard, and overwhelming most of the time. While I was there, the managers threw things on me like it was my full responsibility to care for the store on my own with little to no training. I guess it was a good way to learn. I built up to a possible manager position, but had to leave for personal reasons.

With all that said, if you are in college, or just need some extra income, it is a good place to work. Benefits can be nice. Do not expect to get a full time position unless you are applying for management.
Freedom to be creative
Hired Counter duties of Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee), Sunnyvale, CAJuly 28, 2015
Pros: Always learning
Cons: co-workers support
Busy Center,able to meet new people,learning atmosphereFrom open to close never run out of work time goes by fast. Lots of opportunity to learn new things, Management eager to help and forgiving of new skill error. The hardest part of job was the attendance of fellow co-workers.
Very busy... Cutomer Service Rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 27, 2015
Pros: Plenty of sunshine!
Cons: Pay
I was always busy which is never boring, I enjoyed the constantly changing customer requests and helping them with their needs. I looked forward to going to work everyday.
Great Company
General Manager (Former Employee), Stoughton, MAJuly 24, 2015
Pros: Every day was different
Cons: High turn over of part time staff
U-Haul is always looking to improve their customer experience, which is what makes them the market leader in the do it yourself industry. I was part of that for 13 years and enjoyed them all. Their pay scale is a little low, but they make up for it with great health insurance benefits, employee stock ownership plans, and performance compensation bonuses.
Great Part time job
Transfer driver (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALJuly 22, 2015
Pros: flexible schedule
Cons: limitted hours
U-Haul is a great place for part time employees. Providing benifits for part time and full time employees. They usually won't allow part time employees to get more than 20 hours per week
it's a job
csr (Former Employee), mobile, alJuly 20, 2015
Low pay, no hours. Loved the customers and the rental equipment. Loved the location as well. The company will no promote within; although, that's what they say the do.
A great company
General Manager (Current Employee), Colorado Springs, COJuly 18, 2015
Cons: long hours
The company knows moving is stressful and we try to keep the stress to a minimum. I learned auto maintenance, wiring , hitch install. My coworkers are great people, we have made life long connections.
Under staffed and under paid
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 18, 2015
Pros: Employee discounts
Cons: low pay do not promote with in the company
Long hours starting at $9.00/hr with no raises. NO benefits for part time employees. As a company they are a leader in the industry and customer satisfaction is high.
n/a
Human Resources Assistant (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 15, 2015
Direct supervisor for dept was an amazing guy to work with. As well as majority of the team. Going to miss this department.
Claims Dept.
Claims Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJuly 14, 2015
Liked that U-Haul offered benefits for part-time workers, but it got very tiring having nothing but angry people calling you all the time
Fun place ot work
Reservation Manager (Former Employee), Woodbridge vaJuly 9, 2015
Pros: Great people ot work with.
Cons: Part Time
As a resevation manager the days can be long but you learn a lot. Great people ot work with. They teach you many things that you can take along with you to different companies.
Terrible Training,Very poor leadership.
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee), NHJuly 9, 2015
By far the worse place I have ever been employed!
Training for job expectations is all but non-existent.
Leadership is very poor, with untrained leaders having no clue as to how to direct, train, or organize their employees.
If at all possible this business (U-Haul) should be investigated in completeness by a independent company.
Horrid experience!
Customer Service rep
Customer Service Rep/Driver (Former Employee), Costa Mesa, CAJuly 8, 2015
Pros: Lots of hours
Duties included driving between locations to deliver tow hitches, trucks, boxes, and other equipment, as well as assisting customers throughout the store to find the right equipment and other customer service duties. Additional tasks included receiving/dispatching trucks, keeping a clean work environment and getting things done in a timely manner.