U-Haul Employee Reviews

General Manager (Former Employee) –  Norman, OKNovember 29, 2017
Fun fast paced environment. Always something to do. I had a great crew full of people that actually cared about thier jobs. The only reason I left was to start a new career.
Pros
Your crew is your family. Good support from corperate
Cons
Long hours.
Exercise
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 28, 2017
It's not that the work is difficult, it's just that the work should be meant for more than one person. The facility I was at was too big of a job for one person.
Pros
exercise
Cons
too much exercise for one person
Great place to work great customer service
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 25, 2017
U-HAUL is a great place to work professional environment hands on fast paced job helping customers with rental trucks storage clean place to work management is great hands on help when need always willing to help to provide fast adequate service.
Pros
Professional fun place to work
Na
Representative (Current Employee) –  Rogers, ARNovember 22, 2017
It is a very clean environmwnt. Very good training. Very nice upper management. I am responsible for dispatching and receiving fleet rentals. Cleaning and performing maintainance and repair on all equipment. Cash handling and control. Customer service and retail sales.
Pros
Great work environment. Plenty of variety
Cons
Low pay but as the store revenue increases so will the wages.
management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Valley City, UTNovember 22, 2017
management was horrible. always hitting on the women that came in and a situation came up that interfered with my personal relationship and it was a bad experience. the company however is a good company to work for
productive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 21, 2017
answered phone calls for customers that had mechanical issues with there uhaul. assisted them in getting a mechanic out there to get them back on the road
In a Pinch
Equipment Recovery (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 20, 2017
No one is happy, favouritism runs rapidly. The company is very hesitant to join the modern age. Does not pay team members appropriately for the amount of work there is to do.
Great after school job for the college student
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bellingham, WANovember 20, 2017
Good customer service experience will help you with this job. A military background increases your understanding of the importance of a running fleet of trucks, and their maintenance.
Stoarage Manager
Storage Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYNovember 20, 2017
A typical day at Uhaul is very fast paced. We work with many people as they come and go. Appointments are not required, so we're never sure of what may come each day. I do a security walk through everyday. I clean and repair all 334 storage units as they come in need. I help customers pick the correct unit based on the space needed. I prepare the contracts, and collect payments. I also repair and prepare all UBoxes (mobile storage units) for dispatch. I use the forklift daily to move the UBoxes around the grounds and put them on the truck for dispatch.
Pros
Friendly workspace
Cons
no more room for advancement
Great place to work . Have fun and work hard
Laborer (Current Employee) –  3000 Liberty aveNovember 20, 2017
Uhual is a great place to work . Manger is a great boss . Customer service is out standing . Also help customer move into storage . I would recommend anyone to work there . Great work environment
Cant say much
Cashier/Truck rental (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 20, 2017
I got in to U-Haul threw a friend, they where all over the place. Couldn't find a steady location for me, sent me to sites where they thought needed help and they didn't.
Pros
Seeing new places
Cons
Driving for no reason
OK place to work
Sales Team Manager (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 15, 2017
U-Haul is a great company to work for. The culture is awesome however the pay structure for upper management is week comparing to other corporate Contact Centers.
Cons
time off is always denied
work place
Light Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 15, 2017
Ii did everything but, I could but made mistakes. I thought it was relaxed and layed back i was doing things i enjoyed doing. Uhaul was a good expirence.
Pros
breaks
Cons
work hours
Climate control is an issue
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cottonwood, AZNovember 14, 2017
I worked for them in Arizona, I was expected to work outside in the sweltering heat on a regular basis. The AC inside the office barely cooled the place to 85 degrees during the day. I kept getting heat stroke.
Pros
discounts on rentals
Cons
poor management, poor work environment, didn't care about employees
Great
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CANovember 13, 2017
Good part-time work; good management; good essential-skill building occupation (i.e. cash register, scheduling, auto detailing). 10/10 would recommend
Some days very demanding, specifically at the end of each month
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GANovember 13, 2017
A good place to work overall, but as a manager you are on call 24 hours a day and required to provide your personal cell phone number to the public with no compensation.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Demanding hours, requirement to provide personal cell phone number to the public with no compensation
Productive and fun work place
Reservation Manager (Former Employee) –  Victor, NYNovember 12, 2017
Scheduling trucks to go out for customers who are traveling or moving. Collecting payment for reservations. I learned how to deal with rude customers on a professional level. The hardest part of my job was to find a certain size truck for a reservation.
Pros
private work place
Cons
long days
quick-paced friendly co workers
Detail Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INNovember 10, 2017
10 hour work days tuesday through friday, learned some van body skills, forklift skills. Laid back management. Quick paced environment .Keeping up with the job is the hardest part of the job. Most enjoyable part of the job is great co workers.
Pros
off on mondays and weekends
Cons
ten hour days on your feet
Lots of love for this company!
Director, Digital Marketing (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 9, 2017
I left U-Haul after almost 10 years with the company. It was a difficult decision because they had always treated me like family and allowed me to grow within the company. U-Haul is not an easy place to work, they are constantly challenging their team members to do more with less, but it's all so they can give the customer a break. I never realized how customer centric they really were until leaving and going to a company where the customer is almost never mentioned outside the marketing brief. If you're looking for a company where you can work for life, this is definitely for you. They are loyal to their team members and will always have a position for you if you work hard and have enthusiasm for the business. Benefits are pretty good, but salary and paid time off is not really competitive.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Pay
Very Poor Company Work Ethics
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXNovember 8, 2017
The location I was Manager of was very run down in a drug infested prostitution area. This store did not have any Cameras and was getting robbed about every other night until they came in the daytime and robbed me at gunpoint.
Pros
No Micro managing
Cons
get robbed at gunpoint

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U-Haul. Our community is ready to answer.