U-Haul

U-Haul Employer Reviews

They are scumbags!
CSR (Former Employee), FloridaNovember 5, 2014
Pros: none.
Cons: everything about u-haul.
First off U-haul sucks, it always has and always will their competitors are far better for the most part both as an employer and provider of services. Working for U-haul you can expect to be understaffed at critical times where you have the highest volume of work coming in non-stop from the beginning of your shift to it's end and then some as it's not – more... easy to just clock out when your scheduled hours are up.

U-haul like most every corporation they pay as little as possible, some are content with $8.00-$8.50 and hour but I'm not and you won't either when you get the high volumes of work at the end and beginning of each month. The training is pretty much a learn as you go thing very vague and inadequate for most of the job duties whether it be the installation of hitches, repairs to trailers, brake control wiring, etc. The awful truth is unless you are mechanically inclined, possess semi novice skill in electrical wiring and or automotive garage experience you are going to have a very rough start and if you do possess the fore mentioned skill to begin working without the stress associated with a manager who doesn't have time to train you it would be very unlikely you would be willing to accept the hours and pay offered by U-haul vs a privately owned and operated repair shop or garage bay.

Depending on the area in which you're applying for U-haul is down right nuts! if you are in training and have no access to the computer system and find yourself alone having to take on customers lining up out the door while others are busy don't expect any type of help from the people in Arizona which you can call for assistance if need be. They are nasty and unable or perhaps unwilling to do anything to assist you, you have to force a smile and assure the people who probably want to break your nose someone will be coming to help them soon and yes U-haul customers are frequently in foul moods but given the quality of service provided between U-haul's corporate locations and the many dealers who can blame them?

The hours are pretty much what you would expect given the political atmosphere the last 8 years or so, part-time with a maximum of 25 hours per week unless you are in management. usually a 3 day work week which really isn't all that bad depending on how it's broken up and I will say that that was pretty much the highlight of my time working for U-haul. This job is ideal for someone fresh out of school that wants to acquire experience and skill to gradually work their way into a better career later in life. For the rest of us U-haul is better left untouched, my experience was miserable and brief. – less
I enjoy working at U-Haul. Meeting new people everyday is rewarding.
Customer Service Representative/Sales Associate (Current Employee), Mobile, ALNovember 5, 2014
Pros: n/a
Cons: n/a
Some days can be challenging but overall it's awarding job because I enjoy my co-workers and the customer bring something new for me learn almost everyday. I learned that if you just take time to listen to your customer, you can pretty must understand what they needs are while talking to them.
it was okay
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Pasadena, CANovember 3, 2014
Pros: nice atmosphere
Cons: need more hours
it used to be a good company to work for but I went from 35 hours a week down to 10 hours a week not worth my time and gas
Fun first job
Reservation Manager (Current Employee), Denver, CONovember 2, 2014
Fun, upbeat place to work as a young person. Always events going on and happy customers.
fun
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Charlotte, NCOctober 30, 2014
Pros: freedom to run the business with no higher management
I was responsible for reservations,rental contract management, assisting with the creation of Excel spreadsheets, and charts for the program.
Fun Place to Work
Office Clerk (Current Employee), Fargo, NDOctober 30, 2014
Very enjoyable place to work, boss was a very nice guy and would work with you no matter what. Was different to start off but ended up being very enjoyable
Customer Service Rep
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Milwaukee, WIOctober 30, 2014
Very great fast past environment. Dealing with a lot of patient and non patient customers. I learned patients from this company and quick learning.
Always challenging
Field Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 30, 2014
Always something different to do and god people to work with.
Fast paced
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Raleigh, NCOctober 30, 2014
Fast paced job with some pros. Good learning experience..............................................................................................................
great if u like dealing with people
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee), Pompano Beach, FLOctober 28, 2014
Pros: 20% off your own rental
Cons: no breaks customers in and out
you learn a lot as far as the truck rental business, hitches and wiring
Stayed Busy
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Chicago, ILOctober 27, 2014
Pros: overtime
Cons: a lot of favortism
I worked there for three years packing dvd's and some reconciliation
Self motivative job with great people from the owners of the company to a direct manager.
Corporate Relocation Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 27, 2014
Pros: benefits, great management, great opportunity to learn, fun team environment.
Cons: this was a great job so i am not sure. left so i could be an at home mom.
The company was respected and we enjoyed our department of people who set up moves for corporations who are relocating their employing and our military.

This was my first "real" job and a great introduction to a work life. They were also amazing when I was pregnant and they were supportive when my baby came early.

Great benefits.
Like workig with family
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), ColoradoOctober 25, 2014
Pros: co-workers, great manager
Cons: angry customers
On a typical work day at Uhaul, you come in about 30 minutes prior to opening, you greet everyone, you get the store prepared for opening. I learned that when you work together as a team and support and help each other things run very smooth. The manager is one of the most understanding and fair person to work for, my co-workers are the same. The hardest – more... part of my job is when an angry customer comes in and wants to take yell and curse at you because they are having a bad day and are faustrated because they are moving. I love going to work because everyone there is like an extended family member to me, we all get alongs so well. – less
Learned alot about vehicle maintanence
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Wichita, KSOctober 23, 2014
Pros: easy going work environment
Cons: pay and trustworthy management and coworkers
UHaul was a fun place to work. I dealt with customers and was able to assist them with their moving needs.
Nice place to work.
Senior Buyer (Former Employee), Tempe, AZOctober 18, 2014
No Weekends! Best benefits package of anyplace I've worked. Great co-workers, spotty management.
Productive Work place
Customer Service Representative Lead (Former Employee), Flushing, N.YOctober 18, 2014
Pros: flexible hours
Cons: low pay
Love working here. Manager take time to train. Family workplace.
my manager is excellent and fair; low salary; unpredictable hours
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Spartanburg, SCOctober 17, 2014
Although my manager is very good, the upper management could care less about their employees. That is why I'm trying to find another position, Very little training, turnover is astronomical and upper management for my area is a male who is rude, crude and expects people to like their jobs for only $7.50/hour.
good poeple to work with overall
U - Haul Mechanic/Technician (Former Employee), Houston, TXOctober 13, 2014
overall decent place to work but has some problems with management and communication, they do have fairly good systems and procedures but the tools are below average for what the job requires
Good place to work for a part time job
Shop Technician (Current Employee), Portsmouth, NHOctober 11, 2014
Pros: great benifits even for part time people
Cons: not good hourly pay
Nice place to work for a part time job. Unfortunatly not enough money to stay if it is your primary job.
From home sales
Sales/CSR (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZOctober 11, 2014
Pros: at home, commission on top of hourly
Cons: high sale expectations
* I worked from home and it was a great fit for me, they are a great company and as long as you do your job you will make sales and the best part is you can work from your home and you still have all the support from the main office for any questions or concerns.

About U-Haul

U-Haul International, Inc. is an American equipment rental company, based in Phoenix, Arizona, that has been in operation since – Read more