U-Haul Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,453 reviews matching the search
Looking for a full time job.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bettendorf, IAJune 28, 2016
Uhaul is a part time job with no room for advancement. Raises are rarely handed out. I have been there for a little over 3 years and haven't advanced. It is a decent part time job, but I am searching for a full-time job and career opportunity.
Pros
They work around my wednesdays and sundays.
Cons
No room for advancement or raises.
Not a good job
Inspector / Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Garland, TX 75041June 27, 2016
Cannot move up in the company and very little pay. You ork outside in the heat in the summer and in the cold in the winter. The company uses vacation days when no work and send workers home.
Credit Admin Rep
Center Sales Call Center Agent, Credit Admin Rep (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 27, 2016
I love my job, it is pretty relaxed, not stressful at all. There is a great work environment and all my co-workers are great to work with.
Pros
Gym reimbursment, Uhaul's Healthy U
Workday
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 27, 2016
My coworkers were awesome the hardest part is closing the store alone on a busy day management isn't organized. A typical day was ok everything going at a steady paste.
fast and organized
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Little Rock, ARJune 27, 2016
You have to be organized and able to move and work fast and be good at your job. you learn alot. You have to be able to lift quite a bit of weight. Its a good job to have great co-workers.
Equal Opportunity Employer,
Facilities Technician (Former Employee) –  Fullerton, CAJune 25, 2016
U-Haul is a very large and very good company to work for, I enjoyed my time there very much, they take care of their employees pretty well, unfortunately the type of business it is, the salary range was just not high enough for me to survive there. They offer very good benefits, equal opportunities, and constant reviews and compensation for experience and good effort. I loved working here. Just needed more money to support my family.
Pros
Good people, family oriented.
Cons
Lower paying job scales.
Working here is easy, and always fun to work with new employees!
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 23, 2016
good pay, amazing place to work, and the staff is always friendly at this store, and no matter how hard you work, the manager will always be there to help you out. :)
Challenging Yet Supportive
Repair Dispatch Manager (Current Employee) –  HawaiiJune 20, 2016
Great place to work for, you are constantly challenged to better yourself while having the support required to be successful.
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  North Richland Hills, TXJune 18, 2016
Very easy job just catch on and help everyone. I got fired within two weeks but I think that's because i asked too many questions and gave too much input into how things should be run (trying to save people their jobs but they didn't really want any suggestions).
Pros
Good schedule
very nice but i need to make money 20hrs isnt enough
Assistant manager (Current Employee) –  Malden, MAJune 16, 2016
Great job but 20hrs isnt enough for a living here in boston. In need of another job. General manager is awesomee
Hardwork, Less Pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Park Forest, ILJune 16, 2016
You are always on you feet, dealing with inclement weather, no room to grow, as well as little pay. I did however learn that with hard work comes benefits such as keeping your job.
very productive and easy to deal with
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pascagoula, MS 39567June 14, 2016
Uhaul is a great company they met my requirement needs it wasn't too much stress on me my coworkers were great. At first I didn't know how to put on a hitch but my manager took out the time and actually showed me how to do it hands on. Overall a great company to work with.
The Step Stone
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bakersfield, CAJune 14, 2016
Uhaul will be the stepstone of my life, its a place where i've grown and that has primed me for success. Of course, a lot of thanks to my amazing coworkers make it easier and helping me along the way.
All employees except management are part timers
Facility Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJune 14, 2016
Manager push employee buttons, acted unprofessionally, and committed employee time to unauthorized personal projects or objectives.
Pros
Learning experience in many fields.
Cons
very little hours
Beware customer are treated horribly and so will you.
reservation manger/ customer service (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 14, 2016
horrible customer service by upper management, they not only treat the customers bad but employees as well . Its starts with the top the bad attitude and goes down from there. To little pay for all that is expected of those who do actually do the work and don't expect a promotion based on your qualifications, or work ethic if you are not a part of the click then you will stay at the bottom.
Pros
I cant think of one
Cons
every thing
uhaul nice if you want to learn
Lead Person (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDJune 14, 2016
uhaul is nice if you want to learn but there is no talking if you get in trouble with the manager or mcp they will fire you with out a meeting good place to work but not if you want to have a life
entry level position
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Albany, NYJune 13, 2016
worked fulltime at UHaul in Albany. I helped customers who purchased storage areas or vehicles. I observed and engaged with management daily.
fast paced,
General Manager/Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Amherst, NYJune 13, 2016
you were always moving, always something to do, dealt with alot of customers. learned to multitask well, needed more staffing at times
Pros
laid back invironment
Cons
at times you worked alone
Good part-time job for people in college
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Farmingdale, NYJune 12, 2016
coworkers didn't really follow protocol. management was very lenient. hours were pretty good. easy job but compensation wasn't what i was looking for.
Productive but underpaid.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Rialto, CAJune 10, 2016
You become a kind of jack-of-all trades there... forklift certified, propane certified, cleaned the trucks, light maintenance on trucks, dispatch and recieved truck, contract for rental, contracts for storage, managed storage tenants, took calls at all times while working in a hectic work environment.