U-Haul Employee Reviews

laid back mangers cool
Custodian/Maintenance (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJanuary 5, 2016
well everyone coo, just have some not happy customers, laid back job. having to explain to your mangers they have custmors everday. plus they talk behind your back to custumors an co workers. its really irritating cause they think i dont do anything
Pros
laid back
Cons
being accuse of not doing anything, some people dont understand im not there everyday an they have people everyday
U-Haul
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  West Sacramento, CADecember 22, 2015
Simple, this company is great so are the customers and employees. I don't regret working here at all. The hours are nice, the employees are very helpful. The days themselves are flexible but overall its a great experience.
great company
Customer service representative/ Local driver (Former Employee) –  Escondido, CADecember 22, 2015
really good place to work. learn great skills and pay wasnt to bad for part time. made alot of good friends working there. was always busy and good consistent schedule
Productive, high volume of customers
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVDecember 21, 2015
Depending on your schedule, mornings can be either busy or slow due to the amount of returns from the previous evening. With that being said, the evening shift can be rather taxing with returns,
especially if you are working alone. Although, the weekends are busiest time of the week. I've come to enjoy working with my co-workers, as they re the most enjoyable part of the job. Although I will admit that I am not quite sure of the new GM's procedures and scheduling.
Pros
co-workers are like family
Cons
no breaks for part-time/little chance to advance
Great work environment, constantly struggling for hours.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXDecember 15, 2015
Fun and friendly work environment. Distributed management has led to some questionable decisions made at local levels, but, depending on your manager, it can be a great work experience.
Pros
Minimal work stress
Cons
Won't pay your bills
Over worked
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  7022 fm 1960 w houston, texasDecember 12, 2015
I was over worked and under payed in this job. Management in the store I used to work in are husband and wife. If I had a concern or a complain both of them would team up against me, even though I was right. I was not provided with the ppe I required to do the job.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Management, pay, and work load.
Great job
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Rome, GADecember 11, 2015
Great company to work with if you like interacting with people for the majority of your day. The company supports its employees and the pay is pretty decent.
Great Place to Work
Customer service Rep/ Assistant Storage Mg (Former Employee) –  Bronx, NYDecember 6, 2015
I worked at Uhaul in my early 20's. it was a great place to work. The customers were very friendly and the staff worked togged her as a family. I learned a lot from upper management when I became an ASM.
very productive and friendly enviorment
Uhual moving and storage (Former Employee) –  Boynton Beach, FLDecember 4, 2015
everyone working together to get any and every job done before time to get any other jobs done before being told to do so. I loved to go to work everyday to make my customers happy and to give them the smile . I believe in customer satisfaction dearly and working here they made me feel very welcomed.
Got to learn new things
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  3320 Atlantic avenue,Brooklyn NY 11208December 2, 2015
It was nice working on the U-Haul dealer,had some friends that worked there too,so it was fun.
Sometimes the boss wasn't there,so we had to organized everything so when he comes everything was neat.
Pros
sometimes there was free lunch
Cons
no benefits
productive and fun work place
Inbound Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 30, 2015
this job has great benefits and rewards. the work here is amazing.
Very easy and beneficial just take calls from U-Haul customers regarding technical issues with truck or vehicle matters.
Sales & Reservations
Sales & Reservations (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 29, 2015
This position required a lot of telephone time. Basically, the shift consisted taking phone calls. The purpose was to take reservations for equipment for customers.
Pros
Being able to work from home
Sales Agent
Sales and Reservation Agent (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Center, MNNovember 29, 2015
It was a great place to work, Flexible schedule. Strong support system. Excellent training. Great staff. Nice job/work balance, compensation benefits
Pros
Flexable
telephone sales
Telephone Sales Representative (TSR) (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ and in Cave City, KY (at my home)November 28, 2015
I worked at home on my computer. Calls would be routed to me and I would make arrangement for customer's appropriate rentals. The calls came from throughout the USA and Canada. I would collect payment for the rentals by bank card or credit card.
My personal managers were very efficient.
The hardest part of the job would be the occasional person who would be unhappy with some aspect of Uhaul and take their frustrations out on me. But, I was never rude to anyone.
Pros
salary plus commission
Cons
Too few working hours during off-seasons
Laid back easy job
Resident Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 24, 2015
Office job sitting at the desk for your shift waiting for something to happen. Some days were very dead so would chat with coworkers. Management started to get replaced near the end due to a buyout though which is when most people lost their jobs.
Pros
comforatable workspace
Cons
Could be boring
Bad Experiences
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNNovember 22, 2015
I just happened to land at the wrong store with the wrong general manager. I hate when someone stops doing their job because they now have someone under them to support things. That's what happened.
Pros
great pay, raises
Cons
Long hours, work in any weather
Pleasant environment to work in
Maintenance Representative (Former Employee) –  Cambria Heights, NYNovember 18, 2015
It was always a pleasure to show up to work. The employees were friendly amongst each other as well as to the customers. The best part of my employment here was the independence of that was entrusted from the superiors.
So Far So Good
CSR (Current Employee) –  Fernandina Beach, FLNovember 16, 2015
Its been a little over a month and everything has been smooth, no crazy shifts and management is great. I've been told there are opportunities for growth so well see what happens!
Required to work hours without getting paid
Asst. General Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 13, 2015
I am required to be onsite at least 5 days a week 12 to 13 hours per day and only get paid for 8. I am on call 24/7 and only get paid for 40 hours per week. If there is overtime accrued you get written up. There is a lot more but there is not enough room to post them.
I liked this job a lot
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  2727 N Central AveNovember 12, 2015
This job was pretty phenomenal based on pay and other aspects but i had a lot of schedule conflicts because i was unable to work mornings and fairly limited on my evening time i could spend working and not focusing on school an doing other extra curricular activities