U-Haul Employee Reviews

Poor management
Storage Manager/ housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 8, 2017
Uhaul needs to reword the job descriptions before posting them. The lack of training for new GM's is ridiculously insane. Would NEVER recommend this place for anyone to work at.
Pros
Cons
Everything, poor management, job descriptions
Nice enviorment
Center Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 8, 2017
Worked a lot with my hands and basic tools. Learned about basic vehicle maintenance. Learned how to drive a forklift and install hitches. Great management teams.
promises from higher ups
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Visalia, CANovember 7, 2017
Many promises were made to my coworkers and I but we rarely saw anything more then the highers talk of better things to come. its a good first job but there's always better.
Pros
plenty of breaks
Cons
impossible goals
uhaul
Reservations and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 7, 2017
It's all about making as many reservations for trucks/trailers as possible and taking credit card numbers. If you do not make a certain amount of truck reservations per week you do not make an hourly wage that equates to minimum wage. You have a very strict script to follow on every call. Your calls are monitored and graded constantly. If you are a "Moonlighter" employee you DO NOT get time off ever. No paid time off or sick leave. That is an "occurrence". When time off is requested it is denied, you have to ask your "team" through your manager for coverage - and no one ever covers.
its was okay for the most part
Reservation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 7, 2017
laid back but stressful at the same time
management wasnt that great
sometimes we would be in the office alone with no manager there
but wanted to micro manage you at the same time
Great place to work, many skills to learn
Assembler and Trailer/SRI specialist (Former Employee) –  Novi, MINovember 6, 2017
I had a great time working U-haul. i had great experiences learned a couple of useful skills that i can apply to my every day life like ,descaling, assembling and repairing vehicles, changing brakes and hub bearings.
Pros
learned many skills that i can use in my every day life.
Cons
that it ended
Rental Agent (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MINovember 6, 2017
typical work day was slow except for on the weekend, I learned how to deal with customers and do truck rentals as well as sell other uhaul material, management is pretty cool, the dealer was inside of a boost mobile store, hardest part of the job was learning the system but after a few times its pretty simple, most enjoyable part was knowing how to do everything
Pros
n/a
Cons
n/a
Poor pay. Make excuses about giving raises even after ten years of employment
Representative, Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 6, 2017
The work place is much like high school. The systems are always down or under construction and they leave their employees to explain and come up with excuses as to why customers get double or triple charged for something, or why we cant take payment one day but charge them late fee's the next. Not everyone is trained the same way so no ones ever on the same page. The left hand never knows what the right hand is doing. This company is not organized. I would recommend only childeren work for them and use them.
Pros
20% discount i guess
Cons
Low pay
Great workers management are clowns
wearhouse worker (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZNovember 5, 2017
Will ruin you if letgo, luis hernandez is crack head and no one knows, too many chiefs and will treat lile indians. The wearhouse workers are great people but company knows they have family to feed and pray on that then act lile your forever in their debt.
Pros
Paid lunch
Cons
Paid actors in charge
Dont work for them
Quality Assurance Analyst (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 3, 2017
If you arent one of the boys you can forget about being treated fairly and equally. They promise you the world and deliver you dirt instead. They are not a good company to work for

Want to know more about U-Haul?

Ask a question
Very stressful place to work
Van Body Specialist (Current Employee) –  Norfolk, VA 23502November 2, 2017
Management is terrible. They don't care about the people who work here. I stay productive all day, however I get harassed on a daily basis from management saying, "I'm not working fast enough." saying all of this while the other people in my work area are goofing around and not doing their job at all but they don't get harassed at all.
Accountability doesn't exist here at all. Work at this place if you like drama, low pay, and horrible people to work with. Only good things about this place are, medical premium is paid, holiday pay, PTO, and a few other incentives. The good benefits in my opinion do not offset the unwanted drama or other junk that surrounds this place.
Take my word for it, look else where for employment.
Pros
decent benefits package
Cons
pay, management, drama
Awesome Place to work!
Software Developer (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 2, 2017
On my small software team its been amazing, I have an engineering manager that gives and receives feedback a supportive team and a very tactical level headed lead developer.

U-Hual has an awesome healthy cafeteria for employees. The food is amazing and its great to have so close by.

Its refreshing to be in a culture of feedback and meaningful code reviews. U-haul is an awesome place to work for developers.
Pros
Great team work, always have each others back, great experience.
Cons
Compensation is a little low in comparison to the average out there for my field.
great place to work
Manager and Operator (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TN 38127November 2, 2017
uhaul has been a wonderful place to work staff friendly management friendly just low salary for the work that I do my old boss was better that my new boss but that comes with the job
Pros
free uniforms
Cons
they have great healthcare beneifits
If you're a white male, you'll succeed.
Fleet Sales and Purchasing Executive (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 2, 2017
Working at U-Haul was an interesting experience in that it was hard to watch the discrimination against women in management roles or up for promotions. As the title states, if you are a white male, you'll succeed. Depending on what department you work for, you could have work life balance... or not.
Fine
Customer Service Member (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCOctober 30, 2017
Pay not great, periods of high activity but mostly 0-2 customers present at a time. Co-workers nice, manager nice, flexible scheduling. Nothing to complain about, but not particularly good either.
Slow and Fast
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Memphis, TNOctober 30, 2017
If you have ever rented from Uhaul, you know that there are slow days, and there are days where the staff may need track shoes. I loved working there, but I hated that my manager never really did anything. I took care of 90% of everything. And she would leave randomly and go home anytime i was on shift with her. The atmosphere is good. Just wish management wasn't so lazy.
Pros
Benefits, discounts, [pay
Cons
Poor management and communication
Great Place to work
Mover/Packer (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 29, 2017
go to home or office, pack furniture, go to different location and unload furniture in the Houston and surrounding area. Sometimes we would have short days and some are long. Depending on the schedule amount of customers we have that day
Pros
Environment
Cons
no benifits
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Billings, MTOctober 29, 2017
it has been a really long time sense I have worked at U-haul but I did work on all u-hauls trucks from large to small. I worked on any and all trailers that came in to u-haul. I also installed hitches on customers vehicle.
Pros
good hours
Cons
large corperation
great managers and senior agents
Sales and Reservations Specialist (Current Employee) –  Pleasanton, TXOctober 27, 2017
My managers were amazing to work for. Some customers were very rude, which is to be expected. The best part is you get paid commission per res that you make and its a very big motivation factor.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Hours were not set, range from 18- 40 hours
average job
Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZOctober 24, 2017
fresh out of high school job. it was a great experience and will further help me with job hunting down the line. seasonal jobs is not something that im too interested in

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U-Haul. Our community is ready to answer.