U-Haul

U-Haul Employee Reviews

Great group of people very family oriented
Logistics Reservations Manager (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXMay 26, 2015
Fun and fast paced environment.I learned so much about the company. I learned how to sale storage units and know what equipment is available for rent. How the company got started and progressed.
Poor compensation for daily work duties
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Littleton, COMay 25, 2015
Very poor compensation for daily tasks, very good management and co-workers. Good opportunities for advancement but even full-time received poor compensation
non threatening
CSR (Former Employee), New Bedford MAMay 24, 2015
Pros: 20 percent off for employees
Cons: pay
They pay minimum wage and ask way too much. My manager didn't train me, just had me watch computer classes then expected me to know everything.
Worse thing was that only manager EVER gets full-time. Actually each store is allowed a certain amount of hours and the manager divides them up. CSRs get 24 or less while manager gets 60. Worst place I have worked!!!
They constantly talk down on unions and fire people at the drop of a hat.
NA
U-Haul (Current Employee), El Paso, TXMay 23, 2015
“One day it started raining, and it didn’t quit for four months. We been through every kind of rain there is. Little bitty stingin’ rain… and big ol’ fat rain. Rain that flew in sideways. And sometimes rain even seemed to come straight up from underneath. Shoot, it even rained at night…”
Easy going
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 22, 2015
Pros: Easy Going
Cons: Rate of Pay
Work was fairly easy there. I had no problems with this company. I learned how to manage a team to produce great work. My coworkers were very knowledgeable and very helpful. The hardest part of the job will have to be the amount of pay they offered. If it werent for that, I would still be employed there.
a great place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 20, 2015
Pros: free lunch from time to time and the benifits are great
Cons: mostly part time positions
never a dull moment I enjoy working with all my associates.
management always so us they care and our opinions do count
its a fast pace friendly environment
not enough hours/ poor managment
reservations manager (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 19, 2015
Pros: employees
Cons: hours, management
They only offer part time for reservation managers. My manager requires us to do so much and wants us to do call backs 1-2 pages every day that we don't get paid for anymore. Its OK for her to be in her phone all day and leave work early or be late anytime she wants.. Other than that, it's an ok company to work for
Active work place
General Manager (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLMay 19, 2015
Pros: Customer Interaction
Cons: Traveling
Assisted with Customer Service. Responsible for assisting management of 8 employees, start up and marketing of brand new division
waste of time
agent (Former Employee), at homeMay 18, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
I was offered a job went through all hiring steps. Passed work at home computer tests. Did my drug screen and background checks. Recruiter contacted me and said because the ping test came back to high I. My computer test they had to cancel my hire agreement. They wasted my time and their company money over a ping test. The servers they use are in Arizona anyone with any sort of computer knowledge knows the further the server the higher the pings. They expect a ping of 76. Which is unrealistic if your hiring people in the south east with servers way out west. Really glad I had a back up job waiting. It was a complete waste of time.
Great Job
Roadside Assistance Agent (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 16, 2015
Atmosphere is great and this job gives you the ability to still care for your family. Management is always there when there are questions and for a part-time job the hours are great.
Productive and Fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAMay 13, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
I really enjoy working for you U-Haul. So many great people and awesome personalities. Helping customers and is a typical day. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customer get from point A to point B. I love helping customers figure out what is their next step.
very overwhelming
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Gretna, LAMay 13, 2015
they require way to much for the pay they offer but it can be laid back job under the right team of management I would not advice any one to apply with this comapny
Great work environment
Reservations Agent (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 12, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Typically I would answer calls and make reservations the only hardest part of the job was dealing with irate customers but it was always a pleasure to treat them with kindness and that seemed to always alleviate there stress
Very nice people with a fun atmosphere
5) Transfer Driver (Current Employee), New Windsor, NYMay 12, 2015
A typical day involved me driving trucks from 9am up to 6pm so i wasn't in the office much but when i was the staff were always smiling and making sure that there was always a good work environment to walk into.
Friendly work place, team players, clean environment.
CUSTOMER SERVICE (Former Employee), Berkeley, CAMay 11, 2015
I worked at U-Haul for 5 years. This job really been good to me. I learned a lot of new this at this job. A typical day at uhaul, is helping customers with the things they need. I'm either helping customers with uhaul trucks or helping customers with moving supplies.
Fun place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSMay 11, 2015
U-Haul is a great place to work if you are looking for a summer job or if you are currently in college. They are extremely flexible with hours and days you want to work. You learn how to work in a team setting and you learn valuable lessons in dealing with a wide variety of customers.
Productive work place
Customer Service (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 7, 2015
Fast pace work environment scheduling reservations for customers across united states and Canada. The good customer service helps maintain good business and repeat customers.
productive and fun with a flexible schedule
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Ahwatukee, AZMay 6, 2015
I love it because it works with school and my internship.
Great management and good benefits.
Great employees that are easy to work with.
nice laid back workplace
Yard Customer Service (Current Employee), Yonkers, NYMay 6, 2015
a easy day on the job you do your work and nobody bothers you
customers are simple.
a better pay would be nice
very flexible with hours
Great Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Rosedale, MDMay 5, 2015
A typical day at work consist of customer service running the front desk. Also responsible for the operation and movement of U-Haul Vehicles on site. My duties were maintenance, cleaning and servicing trucks and trailers. I preformed numerous amounts of mechanical duties and technical support for vehicles with mechanical and electrical issues. Making reservations, inventory management, responsible for large sums of money and bank deposits.

About U-Haul

U-Haul International, Inc. is an American equipment rental company, based in Phoenix, Arizona, that has been in operation since – Read more

U-Haul Salaries