U-Haul Employee Reviews

Found 1,691 reviews matching the search
Best Job Ever
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, NCJanuary 13, 2017
Started out as a moonlighter (nights, weekends and holidays) and quickly advanced to full-time position. I was then offered a job as Area Field Manager. If you're flexible, hard working and willing to adjust to company needs, U-haul is a top notch company to work for.
Pros
Advancement Opportunity, Awesome co-workers and Solid Benefit Options
Cons
I didn't experience any.
Good company to work for. Works around school schedule
Assistant General Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, GASeptember 9, 2016
Working here is a great place to work while you are in school. They get your school schedule and make plans to work you around that schedule.
Pros
Works around a school schdule
Cons
No room for advancement and pay is not competitive.
learn new stuff every day
Electrician Lead Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 2, 2017
work on different thing every day, I learn new things every day, I also manage my team and work, work order finished projected before deadline , It would be nice if they have management to be on point, the hard things for me is that i have to guide myself through out the whole problem without no one guide me,Use my skilled knowledge thats i was though by my parent and teacher.
Stressful and crazy!!
Reservations Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 12, 2016
UHaul really is a good company to work for. You start at minimum wage-ish pay and can easily earn more up to a certain point. I cant think of a position that isn't highly stressful in the company but it has its rewards. Coworkers are easy to get along with and most managers are laid back. The owner of the company has an open door policy with both employees and the public. Management on most levels have inherited that policy and you really feel comfortable speaking to them like you would any coworker. The hardest part of the job is the stress. Winter isn't bad but from just before Memorial Day thru Labor Day its 8 - 12 hour days 5 - 7 days a week getting screamed at all day long. Full time employees have great benefits that are paid for by the company. Part time employees have an option to get the insurance at a paid rate.
Pros
Benefits, Fast Pace Management
Cons
Summer Chaos!
Very Helpful Bunch and lots of Responsibilities
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEJanuary 12, 2017
Work ranges from opening the store, counting the drawers, and checking in vehicles and cleaning them; to moving customers into storage, renting trucks and trailers, and selling many supplies until close when you count the drawers and make a bank deposit. Management is a bit finicky but tolerable, coworkers are fantastic and being able to help people is the best part.
Great work outs on the job
Area Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Athens, GASeptember 1, 2016
Long hours, and none stop phone calls. I learned that if it can go wrong it will when dealing with rental equipment. I was apart of a new marketing company so management was crazy. hardest part of you job is recruiting. The F550 that was issued, was the best part of the job.
Great part time job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bolingbrook, ILDecember 1, 2016
Working for Uhaul was a fun team based job. We worked together as a family and had great communication. From taking reservations, installing tow hitches, cleaning and inspecting trucks, and renting out storage areas. Installing tow hitches was a daily challenge due to many different type of model cars but it always was completed correctly with the help of the team.
Pros
Great teamwork effort
Cons
No room for promotion
Worst company I have worked for.
Maintenance Worker/CSR (Former Employee) –  Hobbs, NMNovember 8, 2016
The management and corporate are very sketchy. The current manager is lazy and starts problems in the job place but nothing seems to be done about this despite multiple complaints. the company does not care for workers. The pay is low and they give very few hours. The employees cannot live on the pay and the multi-million dollar company does not care. Will not work for this company again.
Cons
Low pay, Low hours, Horrible management.
Not the best job but its good.
Preventative Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAAugust 15, 2016
The hardest part about the job is when there's little work and people tell to look busy. I have learned a lot, I can fix my own car, and I can figure out a lot of problems too.
Pros
Benefits, hours, off every weekend
Cons
Management decision are bad, no where to advance, little paid, favoritism
Benefits of U-Haul
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 10, 2017
At U-Haul I rent moving equipment such as trucks, vans, trailers, and car tow. I also rent storage units to customers who need extra space to store their belongings. Working at U-Haul I learned about different equipment I can use to make my move easier. U-Haul is a company that is flexible because it works really well with school schedules and have great benefits such as 4o1k.
enjoyment came from helping customer with their needs
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPPERSETATIVE/ ASSISANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MODecember 26, 2016
busy with processing equipment, stocking as well as selling packing materials, and keeping up with storage facility. Trying to keep up with managements way of doing their job. Working with follow employees was enjoyable along with helping customers.
Pros
helping customers with their needs
Cons
unprofessional attitudes
Great place to work family friendly
Area Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Springdale, ARDecember 11, 2016
Uhaul is a good place to work for and a great stable company to get involved with. Benefits are great easy to learn and grow with in the company. Very family oriented company
Trandsfer driver
Transfer driver (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALMarch 29, 2016
You never know when you are going to work. You may only work 3 hrs per week at minimum wage. You get no benefits. Speeding tickets are yours. You are encouraged to hustle. Hooking up trailers is back breaking. Many have left with injuries. You will not get a raise. Stay totally away from this job. You drive vehicles that have been in wrecks or are unsafe to drive. Management is inept and harsh. Big turnover. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY.
Pros
Cons
no breakes, no health care, dangerous vehicles, back breaking trailer hookups. 3 hour work weeks
Beware customer are treated horribly and so will you.
reservation manger/ customer service (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLJune 14, 2016
horrible customer service by upper management, they not only treat the customers bad but employees as well . Its starts with the top the bad attitude and goes down from there. To little pay for all that is expected of those who do actually do the work and don't expect a promotion based on your qualifications, or work ethic if you are not a part of the click then you will stay at the bottom.
Pros
I cant think of one
Cons
every thing
Employees made it a fun environment to work in
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tigard, OROctober 10, 2016
Was always told one thing and then we did another. Nothing was ever secure and there was major favoritism played with management. Manager was of specific orientation so made sure what he liked was very known. The employees were not reliable. Having to over compensate for one employee who didn't do job correctly
Pros
Fun fast paced, always something to do
Cons
no organization, manager was not all in he was young and liked to party
Over worked, Under paid.
Area Field Manager (Former Employee) –  East TexasFebruary 3, 2017
Work 6 days a week, doing everything under company policy. Company vehicle was nice to have. Don't do what your told to do by Marketing Company President. If you do, he will turn on you and say he doesn't know what your talking about, even though he is the one that told you to do it.
Pros
The people you work with.
Cons
Upper management doesn't help it's employees.
Very produxtive place to work for excellent staff and management. At no point are you clueless on what to so
Customer sales rep (Former Employee) –  Malden, MADecember 11, 2016
Great place to work for, cant say anything negative about them. The management staff will go above and beyond for you to get what ever it is you need done.
Pros
Dealing with different people every day
Cons
No breaks and constant rushing around
Great part time employment
CUSTOMER SERVCE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHDecember 29, 2016
Structured training program, with benchmarks clearly identified. Sink or swim atmosphere with most training done on the fly. Can be overwhelming, especially with rude customers, but overall not that bad.
Pros
Flexible schedule, great hours (closes at 7 or 5), bonuses available, work independently
Cons
No benefits, part time pay, rude customers
horrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALOctober 29, 2016
do not work here if you plan to want to make a career. if you have the manager i had you will be expected to do everything while the manager sits down, and if you try and sit down even for a little they will fuss at you and threaten your job. Not a good company to work for at all. You're very micro managed and there is no room no room at all for advancement what so ever
Pros
Cons
the job
A young man's job
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Brookline, MADecember 27, 2016
The CEO is a good person but more of the Senior Management is where the problem starts U-Haul is very group friendly and if you're not in that group it becomes favoritism with very little upside unless in that group it's a young man's job for the pay scale that they provide always looking to hire younger and cheaper
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Pay scale, senior management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U-Haul. Our community is ready to answer.