U-Haul

U-Haul United States Employee Reviews

Co workers were fun to work with
Field Computer Support Specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix,AZMarch 2, 2015
At Uhaul corporate it is nice that they have a cafeteria in the building and the coworkers are fun to work with. To many people are concisely switching department and the supervisor only cares about her self and is not a pleasant person and she is not afraid to admit it
All positive things I learned from Uhaul
General Manager (Former Employee), Richmond, CAMarch 1, 2015
Typical day a Uhaul was very busy with things to do all day. I learned everything about truck rental business. Management was very thorough and co-workers were easy to get along. Hardest part of job was moving trailers. Most enjoyable part was dealing with customers.
its good if your looking for a part time job.
Customer Service Representative/ Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Richmond, CAFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: lots of down time
Cons: not enough pay for what they require you to do
Rental Contracts
Level One truck and trailers
Some time high volume of calls
Make reservations
Laid back during the week and very busy on weekends
Good part time employer
eSales and Reservations (Former Employee), Work at HomeFebruary 26, 2015
Besides the plus of working from home, as a part time job the pay is great. Management wasn't to good but the senior agents provided as team leads did everything possible to make you feel a part of the team!
Low management tolerances, unforgiving work environment
Fleet Detail Specialist (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: good coworkers, ample break times.
Cons: short fused middle management, severely outdated working and enviroment, relatively sparse amenities like heat and ventilation
Typical day consists of clock in, working for about 2 hours and then lunch, and then the long stretch to 4pm. I learned that it doesn't matter how long you work, if you're the bottom of the financial food chain middle management will treat like garbage if your actions don't support their personal needs. The hardest part of the job is being a moonlighter and not having any other sources of income while being forced to work while severely sick just to make ends meet, it should be noted that the heaters weren't even functional until well into the winter.
This was a great place
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Fresno, CAFebruary 26, 2015
Pros: abiltiy to move up
Cons: abussive customers
I did enjoy working here, the only thing that was pretty intense was the aggressive customers, with there verbal abusive language towards me. And your left to operate the store all by yourself.
great work environment with great benefits
Customer service rep/Assistant Manager (Former Employee), TallahasseeFebruary 26, 2015
U-haul is a great workplace. Working as a manager there can be a challenge but I've always took care and met whatever standards needed to be met. Great working and building relationships with customers.
same same
Preventative Maintenance Technician (Former Employee), Houston TxFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: environment
Cons: pay and benefits
There was never a doubt of what you would be doing or how you would be doing it.; however, the shop was always keep clean and safe and the people were easy to get along with
Enjoyable
Customer Services Representative (Current Employee), North Charleston, SCFebruary 25, 2015
My manager and coworkers became like family to me. We are always there for one another. I was taught how to operate a fork lift and how to deal with difficult customers. My co-workers have become really good friends of mine. We always look out for one another. We back each other up as long as we know that we did the right thing. Hardest part of the job is dealing with irate customers who were not satisfied with their experience or delinquent storage customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is reading the good reviews and your regular customers/tenants. In my opinion, reading good reviews shows that you did your job right. It tells you that you did your best to make the customer have the best experience possible. They will be likely to tell their friends/family about it and boost business for your company store.
customer service
Customer service (Former Employee), Sanford, FLFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: fast pace
Cons: only part time no benifits
answering customers moving supply questions and making reservations for moving trucks. I also helped with installing hitches.
Excellent company to have a career
Area Field Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GAFebruary 22, 2015
Received and dispatched rental equipment. Cleaned and inspected every piece that came in to make sure it was ready for the next family to use, if not it was sent to the shop. They had excellent benefits and compensated for time very generously. However, I worked a lot and was hardly ever home to enjoy all the things I was working to pay for.
Productive, fast paste business.
Repair Dispatcher (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCFebruary 20, 2015
Mondays-Friday work week, good management team to work with and learn from. Great co-workers, the hardest part about the job was dealing with un-satisfied customers and the most enjoyable when the customers are satisfied.
custodian
CUSTODIAN (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAFebruary 19, 2015
I love working for this company, the people are great, wonderful incentives. I got a raise within 90 days of my hired date. The managers do not ride your tail, which allows me to handle pressure at my own risk. I would recommend this company for future references.
This job is what you expect
Sales associate (Former Employee), Arlington, TXFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: not a lot of hours
Cons: terrible pay
This job allows for advancement. On terms of how fast there is no telling. This job is basically what you go in expecting it to be.
Good company; good salary
Sales Manager (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: good company
Cons: bad store reputation; poor immediate supervisor
Liked the company; but had personality issues with immediate supervisor, who was terminated shortly after my leaving the company.
uhaul
Assembler/Production (Former Employee), Long Beach, CAFebruary 16, 2015
Pros: easy hours
Cons: gets really busy with lack of employers to help
uhaul is a great company to work for they are flexable on your hours and willing to work with you when needed. The co-workers their are very helpfull when you need to learn somthing and allways their to answer any question needed to help you out. The managers their were nice and helpfull as well they never put you down and made it a joy working their.
Progressive Company with great perks for working at home
Center Sales Agent (Current Employee), work at homeFebruary 15, 2015
Pros: part time benefits, independence, commission, schedule
Cons: monitored calls, some angry customers
I can't believe how lucky I am to be working at home for U-haul. This job has been extraordinary, and I'm entering my third year now. The schedule has been pretty consistent, with natural busier and slower times of year. If you have a quiet home office and reasonably fast internet, you can do this! I love being able to work so independently, and I do my job well, so I don't stress about the monitor calls. I wish my base pay was a tad higher, but I make up for it with great commission from reservations. You can also make slightly more hourly for being bilingual in Spanish or French. I love learning about different geographic and cultural regions in the U.S. and Canada at this job. I can't stress enough what a great company it is, and it's particularly awesome that I qualify for vision, dental and 401K benefits even as a part time employee!
Fun Place to work
Final Inspection Specialist (Former Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 15, 2015
I loved working here. Everyday was fun. Just and overall great place to work and with lots of advancement options. Management really does notice an employee that sticks out so work hard, payed off for me.
Dispatcher
Dispatch/Customer Service (Current Employee), Central, SCFebruary 13, 2015
I assist customers where there U-Haul equipment has broken down and call out a service provider to come and repair this customer equipment where they are located. Once the service provider has came out I call the customer to check to see if their equipment was repaired and if so I close the file and start the process over again with a new file.
productive and lots of machines running
machine operating (Former Employee), Fairless Hills, PAFebruary 11, 2015
I enjoyed working for them and staying bust for a ten hour shift with a 45 min lunch break day shift and when there was over time I took as much as I could

About U-Haul

U-Haul International, Inc. is an American equipment rental company, based in Phoenix, Arizona, that has been in operation since – Read more

U-Haul Salaries