U-Haul Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,453 reviews matching the search
unknown
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, VTJune 10, 2016
It was over 26 years ago that I worked for U-Haul, so any information I would have would be severely outdated, as I am sure the company has made many changes as the economy changes.
Great part time job
Center Sales and Reservations (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 9, 2016
The center sales job is great position from someone who is looking to work part time from home. Management is easy to work with and gives quick feedback. The hardest part is an upset customer. But if you lend a sympathetic ear and keep smiling, usually the customer will hang up feeling better than when they called.
Work from home call center custoemr service
Sales (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 8, 2016
Handled calls constantly. If you are part time and the call volume drops you will be asked to sign out early. Uhaul's computer system in not up to their call volume during peak call times (and often has tech issues even during off peak times). The best part of the job is it is work from home so there is no commute. If you can attain full time employment you will get company paid health benefits and some stock issued (on a vesting schedule) and two weeks of paid vacation (which is just your hourly wage and does not reflect your commission structure which makes up about half of your earnings). I made about $3,000 a month. Do not expect much management support. Managers are overworked and senior agents and trainers are often part timers as well without much experience as turnover is quite high.
Pros
work from home and pay is decent
Cons
computer is riddled with errors that get worse when call volume increases
Santa's Wonderland
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  College Station, TXJune 8, 2016
It was not a hard job, but it was not fun either. The job requires you to be outside 24/7 during the worse part of the year. At time it can be very cold, or raining, but you are still required to work. There are definitely worse jobs out there, but this would be a last resort.
AREA DISTRICT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Worcester, MAJune 7, 2016
Great place to work. Lots of flexibility. I would definitely recommend this job to others who are looking for a secure position with incredible benefits.
Great job.
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJune 7, 2016
Great place to work. Great management, great facility, just generally a really nice place to work. Best part was there was a convenience store right across the street.
Great and honest company moving with todays needs
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXJune 5, 2016
Manage day to day functions of the property. Examine P&L reports to maintain standards. To keep employees on standard with company policy. Schedule , hire, terminate and maintain employees.
Pros
Great training and experience
mcdonalds on morland
customer service rap (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJune 3, 2016
i work there for about 2 years never did the want to offer batter place me . they are rude custmers along with the co-workers .no one wanted to provide team work.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
shorts breaks
uhauhl
OCSR (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAJune 1, 2016
long hours no breaks, management dont do much of anything. training suck only good thing is work with personal schedule.
good workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 1, 2016
Uhaul is a good company to work for with a fun working environment. The company offer it's employees the opportunity to advance if they take initiative and apply themselves.
Pros
advancement opportunities
Cons
job security
Good job for the skills I had at the time
Customer service represenative (Former Employee) –  Pflugerville, TXMay 31, 2016
Good company to work for and I learned a great deal about the rental truck and storage business. I would enjoy another chance to work for them if given the opportunity.
Pros
Good hours and management was willing to work with my schedule
Cons
Few advancement opportunities at the U-Haul I worked at. Worked by myself most of the time
Flexible work enviorment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bismarck, NDMay 31, 2016
I go to school in grand forks but i live in Bismarck, so i transfer between the two cities and they have been very flexible with that. While in school they work around my schedule to ensure there are no conflicts. I enjoyed being able to help out customers in the best manner possible. My co workers for the most part have done a good job in assisting both me and others in everyday duties. The hardest part of my job was dealing with situations where equipment suddenly became unavailable for a customer who had a reservation.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
understaffed sometimes
Productive workplace with great management.
Detail Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hyattsville, MDMay 30, 2016
Great hours and days as well as management. Workload was rough some days but working for uhaul and the management was worth every hour spent working. I enjoyed what the company done for their workers to show their appreciation every month.
under scheduled and full time employees lose full time
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Carson City, NVMay 27, 2016
Management gets bonuses to save money on payroll so they under schedule, which leaves us under staffed to handle customers with long wait times. Full time associates only get full time for 3 months at maximum then are cut back to part time status. No training in U boxes although we are expected to sell them. The favorite employee is the latest one hired then they move down to the rest of our level when another new one comes. Management loves to tell us we are terrible employees but no input on what they would like. No respect for being a reliable employee who has never been short on a cash drawer and is willing to come in on a day off with no notice.
Fun workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, FLMay 27, 2016
Simple job not very labor intensive or stressful just check in trucks and trailers and send them out, only a few idiots here and their but if you need to you can kick them out.
Cons
No 401K matching
The Customers
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 25, 2016
the hardest part of this job was doing the lock checks while the weather was bad. Everything else flowed. I enjoyed working for this company. The reason why i had to quit was because i moved to a different state and i didn't want to wait for the job to be transferred. I was told it would take 2 to 6 weeks for my job to be transferred. Other than this, I was overall thrilled with this job.
Horrible Mangement
Brake and tire inspector (Former Employee) –  IllinoisMay 24, 2016
Great benefits. Horrible management with no clear training on successfully completing job responsibilities. Inconsistencies and unfair treatment amongst employees. Considerable amount of favoritism shown and inappropriate work relationships between management and non-management.
Pros
No longer working there
Not a lot of hours to pass out
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 23, 2016
Great place to work most of the people I worked with were part time. The hours went one day 1st shift the next second and so on and so on. Most people there did not know what they were doing
Pros
short hours free lunch
Cons
low pay cold at night
Great Company
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cohoes, NYMay 23, 2016
Company took care of me whenever I needed something, great support cast from top to bottom. I learned alot of things that would help me else where in my day to day living.
dont work here!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  New York StateMay 22, 2016
on a typical day was slow.but on busy days their were rude customers,confusion everywhere,you have to do like 5 things at once,custoner service rep have to not just speak on the phone they have clean too well it depends at the location you want to work at.hardest part was telling people e were sold out on busy days people will go crazy cuz people have to move out and they start to blame us.enjoyable part of the day was the slow days when nobody came in. you do too much for low pay!!
Pros
nonbusy days
Cons
short breaks, bad pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U-Haul. Our community is ready to answer.