U-Haul

U-Haul Employee Reviews

loved working here
Customer service representative (Former Employee), Des Moines, IAJune 30, 2015
Pros: met new people daily and built repeat customers
Cons: none
great place to work. renting trucks trailers and auto haulers as well as storage units, also retail sales of moving supplies and hitches
great job
RELIEF MANAGER/CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Current Employee), houston txJune 27, 2015
Pros: money
Cons: lunch
the best I would advise friends to try it it can turn out to be great for everyone so give them a try you caeat pay .n grow to be on top with gr
Productive-work at home
Emergency Road Side Agent (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 25, 2015
Pros: work from home
Cons: no health care poor supervisor help
Busy during summer time-no more then 15 hours a week of work during rest of year-I learned many things -work was calling all over US and Canada-Dispatch-The best part of job was dispatching out help to customers-some co-workers were very helpful-to get managers to help when customer requested to speak with a manager was very difficult
Columbus has the Best
Reservation Mananger (Former Employee), Columbus, GAJune 25, 2015
Pros: The staff, the work enviorment, and management
Cons: The pay and its only part time
I worked for this company for a few months and IU have to say that it was one of the best jobs I ever had. The location I worked at was like a family. My supervisor was one of the best. Although I often worked with her, it was never a problem. She was always available to help. Even when she was busy with her personal life, The communication among us was amazing. Her boss was even always present. He's actually one of the coolest people you will ever meet. He always went out of his way to get to know you. Don't get me wrong....they do not take any nonsense...but you need that kind of structure in a work environment, Leaving was very hard....but they knew that I wanted to something full time and they respected tha. I am forever grateful for this team. They always looked out for me and they always had my best interest at heart, The TCM really tries to accommodate your schedule to her best ability. My co workers were amazing as well. WIth it being a small office, we were able to build a strong bond. I still call from time to time and they are always happy to hear from me. This is a great job for anyone,
No Thanks!
Reservation Manager (Former Employee), Auburn, WAJune 24, 2015
I worked for this company, and not only did my boss distract me from doing my job but, I was bored. And my boss had some sort of bipolar disorder to where you didn't know whether you'd be yelled at or if he's playing a joke on you.
Not the best atmosphere to work in, but not totally a bad company, But the pay is definitely NOT worth the effort!
Great learning experience
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Markham, ILJune 22, 2015
Pros: ..........
Cons: no full time positions
Busy and fast paced job but easy to learn. Customer service skills are a must but this job will not pay all bills just something part time for alittle extra money.
Good company
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Saint Petersburg, FLJune 20, 2015
It was a good place to work for and did not require much. It was pretty repetitive, but a good environment. Management was good, customer service a crucial part of the job and knowing how to talk to people.
Great benefits but training can be very much improved.
Reservation Manager (Current Employee), Arlington WAJune 18, 2015
Pros: workable hours and comfortable envinmnet
Cons: only trainning by computer.
Being allowed to clock on within a nine minute of shift starting. Training was well informed on their computer programming but their personal training was okay, they mentioned that "it is a learn as you go system" they have in place of work sheets that have solid answers. Overall it was a pleasant place to work.
Roadside Assistance, Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee), Orlando, FLJune 17, 2015
Enjoyed working at home for this company. Loved helping the customers and getting them help in the time of need. Management was easy to approach and my co-workers were fun. I did not find anything hard about my position.
Work From Home
CENTER SALES AND RESERVATION (Current Employee), Plantation, FLJune 17, 2015
Working from home is a great experience. I receive calls every 4 to 6 minutes from all around the USA. Helping customers find rental quotes, as well as answer all of their questions. I also book reservations.
Great Work Environment
Area Field Manager (Former Employee), Schererville, INJune 16, 2015
U-Haul gave me the opportunity to become a valuable member of the business community. This position gives you the freedom to set your own schedule and allows you to make a serious impact on business owners in your community. The team of co-workers were wonderful to work with and helped in anyway they could. Great experience.
CSR
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Montgomery, ALJune 16, 2015
helping customer
working with propane
operating a forklift
cleaning out trucks and storage
helping customer move if needed
good company to work for
General Manager (Former Employee), Salisbury, MAJune 15, 2015
Pros: Discounts
Cons: long working hours
hands on company, fast paced, co-workers were great to work with Upper Management was great and taught me a lot. I enjoyed working with the customers
Watch your Overtime Pay!!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TexasJune 13, 2015
Pros: Easy Paycheck, Great Co-Workers
Cons: Stealing Overtime pay
I worked for Uhaul for a few months. It was a simple shift 5 days a week and I enjoyed it for 90% of it. However, I was disappointed on a few occasions when I noticed my overtime was cut from my checks. I had taken a screenshot of my hours sheet because another employee had warned me they don't like people working overtime. I was fine with that, but the store managers left me to mind the store while the did some last minute round-ups on equipment. I was left alone for 2-3 hours about 2-3 nights a week. I didn't complain because I was getting the routine down and I felt more than capable of proving I could work by myself without micro-management. In 1 week, I had accumulated 56 hours. The next week, my hours were cut to avoid overtime but I was still left to mind the shop and got more hours than expected. I ended up with 92 hours for the pay period. When my paycheck arrived for said pay period, it stated "52.00" hours. I had worked 16 hours overtime one week, and no overtime the next. They shifted some hours to max out the 2nd week to 40 hours worked and than just nullified the rest! This was unacceptable! This was after another incident where I had worked 43 hours in one week and those overtime hours never appeared on my check, but I tried not to fuel the fire at that point. My friend from Houston had also told me of the same scenario happening to him on several occasions while working for them for 4+ years.
It's retail
Manager (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJune 12, 2015
Pros: Nice co-workers; meet new people every day
Cons: No time off; long days
If you are a college student/no family it works. No time for life outside work. During the summer months you deal with not enough equipment, irate customers, and long days.
n/a
Customer Service/Moonlighter (Current Employee), Marietta, GAJune 10, 2015
Its an alright job, you can either make it a cool job or a job you hate its all up to you. coworkers are all chill as well. just go in with the right attitude and everything will work out in your favor.
ok
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 9, 2015
they were super nice, no problems. they gave me a turkey on thanksgiving. they were awesome job for an at home opportunity. they also didnt mind if i had to leavew early due to emergincys
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJune 9, 2015
good pace to work. depending on your manager, most are very understanding. systems are easy to learn. flexible hours pay isnt always that great. great opportunity for advancement.
Fun place to work, very face pace environment Example: Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
General Manager (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 6, 2015
very fast face environment. , manage employees, set direction for employees, I learned a lot about retail , how to motivate employees.
The hardest part of the is basic nothing, Love the job and enjoy what I do. I enjoy being a advocate for customers and working with employee to be successful.
Coworkers
customer service rep (Current Employee), KansasJune 4, 2015
Uhaul is a decent company. The people that I work with are great.
However, the pay is not the best. Good benefits, but overall terrible compensation for the amount of work put forth. I've learned a lot about transportation and the operation of our mobile pod shipments and how to work well with the transportation companies as well as our truck fleet. I've also been trained to be very good at operating the Forklift. The most enjoyable part of the job would be my coworkers. The least enjoyable part of the job is the lack of communication between the higher management and the store level management, leading to chaos sometimes.