U-Haul Employee Reviews

Found 1,687 reviews matching the search
Uhaul is an unequal employment opportunity
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJanuary 13, 2017
They don't give raises, they don't support employees . I experienced plenty of racism and being told I'll never move up. There is no opportunity for growth and advancement.
Good team enviroment
Assistant General manager (Current Employee) –  Holyoke, MAJanuary 13, 2017
I enjoy Uhaul but am looking for more. I was promoted to Assistant General Manager after a year but quickly realized further promotion was marred by politics.
Pros
Excellent Manager
Cons
Less than desirerable pay
Very Helpful Bunch and lots of Responsibilities
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Portland, MEJanuary 12, 2017
Work ranges from opening the store, counting the drawers, and checking in vehicles and cleaning them; to moving customers into storage, renting trucks and trailers, and selling many supplies until close when you count the drawers and make a bank deposit. Management is a bit finicky but tolerable, coworkers are fantastic and being able to help people is the best part.
learn a few things
Reservation Manager (Former Employee) –  Oakland, CAJanuary 10, 2017
It was a good experience working for Uhual in the short amount of time that i did. Opportunity to move up are there, the pay is very low. Its a good way to start up a career.
Benefits of U-Haul
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJanuary 10, 2017
At U-Haul I rent moving equipment such as trucks, vans, trailers, and car tow. I also rent storage units to customers who need extra space to store their belongings. Working at U-Haul I learned about different equipment I can use to make my move easier. U-Haul is a company that is flexible because it works really well with school schedules and have great benefits such as 4o1k.
Work from home opportunity
Center Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Pensacola, FLJanuary 9, 2017
I worked from and my manager was very hands-on and worked very closely with me and my on-line team. The job was easy after training and it provided a great learning experience for customer care.
Great for those who desire to work at home but don't expect flexibility
Sales and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 7, 2017
Telecommuting is great, but there wasn't enough flexibilty regarding hours. There was a great deal of micromanaging from the higher managers, but our team leaders were amazing. The pay is great for what it is.
Positive experience
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALJanuary 7, 2017
Productive and positive place to work and learn new things everyday. Meet new people everyday and find out different aspects about yourself and others
Great Job
Customer Service- U-Box Representative (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 6, 2017
I love this Job, I'm able to put my customer service experience to the test as well as expand knowledge in U-Haul trucks and trailer/hitch information.
Pros
pay, easy job
Cons
only have part time hours available
Great work from home job
Center Sales Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 5, 2017
I really enjoyed this job. A benefit with this job is that it is a work from home position. Also, I was able to double my paychecks with the commission that I would make from reservations that I made.
Pros
Work from home, great money
Cons
management needs to follow Uhaul guidelines
work from home position
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaJanuary 5, 2017
i loved working for U Haul.. my manager was great and she was always willing to help. now at times managers didn't respond to help out quick enough and there are limits on what we can do as customer reps. but i would recommend any one to apply for the work from home position.
Pros
the freedom
Cons
short hours
Great Place to work
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MSJanuary 5, 2017
I love working at Uhaul's call center. Its a very professional environment and your fellow coworkers are very friendly and nice. Very clean and organized place to work.
Pros
Customer Satisfaction
I enjoyed being out working with my vendors
Area Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILJanuary 4, 2017
Maintained account plans for 25-30 client accounts. Loaded and
unloaded merchandise and equipment at vendor locations.Maintained and fixed equipment at vendor locations.
Uhaul
Traffic Manager (Former Employee) –  Everett, WAJanuary 3, 2017
Typical day at work: Helping customer find trucks, trailers,etc. Help the dealers and main centers with issues.

Management: Was super lucky I got a nice one. They were nice a very understanding.

Co-workers: We're helpful

Hardest part of the job: Dealing with people that were unhappy no matter what.

Most enjoyable part of the job: Down time, and if you were lucky boss gave us lunch on special occasions. (My boss was nice)
Pros
Down time, nice people, special lunches.
Cons
Short breaks, not enough pay, hoilday pay only for full-Time workers.
Flexible schedule and positive work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJanuary 2, 2017
Serving customers is rewarding and stress free. Management is willing to listen to the concerns of their employees. Stress free and flexible work environment.
Environment at busy sites are impossible long term, especially for CSRs
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLDecember 31, 2016
A typical day at work was racing to keep up with the high traffic of the Okeechobee Blvd. location. I learned how stay properly hydrated to avoid heat stroke. Management did not even try to hide how little was thought of employees. Co-worker were mostly good family people who were stuck in low income and exploitative work because of their level of education. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the general manager. The most enjoyable part of the job was finally being in a position to leave U-Haul.
Pros
Incredible insentive to finish school.
Cons
Your body will hate you for what you put it through on the daily.
Productive workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Mesa, AZDecember 31, 2016
Uhaul was very productive and fast paced. It requires a lot of strenuous tasks that was rewarding when it was all finished. It was nice being able to be trained in filling propane, using a forklift and hooking up trailers. A good experience and knowledge to have.
Pros
Employee recogition, for example, quarterly raises.
Cons
Working in the heat.
productive and fun work place
Lead Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Lemon Grove, CADecember 31, 2016
fun learn alot regarding customer service, very day was different always learning . very fast past loved helping customer getting the right equipment to move .
production
Reservation manager (Former Employee) –  Moreno Valley, CADecember 30, 2016
This company does price match their competators as long as they can verify the price. they try there hardest to accomadate every reservation as best as they can.
Very good scheduling
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVDecember 29, 2016
nice job to work hard and to learn from. they are great with scheduling being very understand with work/life reasons. this is a great place
Pros
benefits, and pay raises

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U-Haul. Our community is ready to answer.

75%