U-Haul

U-Haul United States Employee Reviews

I enjoyed working for customers, and my co-workers.
General Manager of U-Haul's University City Center (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAFebruary 2, 2015
My typical day revolved around leading/training our team, hiring, payroll, budget, scheduling, customer service, and general over sight of operations. I learned a lot about budgets and payroll. I enjoyed most of my immediate co-workers. The hardest part of the job was firing people. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing customers smiling.
Very challenging and interesting company, with a lot of work on a daily basis
General Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Los Angeles, CAJanuary 31, 2015
Pros: very good general manager
Cons: schedule is 40 hrs to be completed in 6 days
It is a very good company to work for because you are busy all the time helping out people making their move easier and less stressful
fun place to work
Transfer Driver (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: holiday lunches
Cons: missed holiday lunches
checked in, received keys to a truck, drive to locations, pick up a truck, drive truck back to shop. I learned how the trucks are washed, and how they are inspected to drive. Co-workers are enjoyable to work with. hardest part of the job was waking up early to be at work. I enjoyed being away from the shop
A Day at Uahul
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no breaks, can't get supplies for work, manager has favorites
U-Haul is a OK place to work at. It definitely keeps you busy. I work in housekeeping. I work on keeping the storage area's clean. The co workers that I work with are fun and easy to get along with. Management is OK. The only problem is that management has favorites and only helps them.
Fast-paced. Always busy.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAJanuary 30, 2015
Pros: job was okay.
Cons: had to clean out discarded furniture.
Rental agent in a fast-paced environment.
Got to drive rental trucks.
Heavy telephone volume.
Worked next to a homeless shelter.
Fun environment.
Customer Service/Sales (Current Employee), Washington, DCJanuary 29, 2015
Pros: always busy.
Cons: very rarily got a break on busy days.
Fast paced and exciting place to work, management good but only part time hours.
Terrible
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Hemet, CAJanuary 28, 2015
Bad management, staff was confused and very untrained. Everyone had unique ways of doing things so being trained by any one person was impossible. Management was dull and unenjoyable, very mean towards all customers. Hardest part was trying to figure out how anyone wanted anything done. Most enjoyable part was going home.
Great experience
Volunteer (Current Employee), Chicago, ILJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: good pay
Cons: short breaks.
Uhaul is a great way to learn responsibility and teaches you a lot of things such as how to repair a loose head light and how to be more open. the hardest part i would say is dealing with rude costumers and trying to hold back your comments. The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing you gave the costumers good service and a job a well done. my fellow co-workers are very hard working although some don't push themselves as much but other then that the work environment is very relaxing and friendly.
I love working for UHaul
Customer Service Representative (CSR) (Current Employee), Wichita, KSJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: constantly learning
Cons: no full-time
Working for UHaul has been and continues to be rewarding. I have learned to better deal with people on a level playing field. In my typical day I meet anywhere from 10 to 100+ people. I assist them with thier moving needs such as: rental equipment, moving supplies and storage. UHaul is always teaching me something new to the piont the we have regular classes that we take through them to keep up with the ever changing world and do's or don'ts. I get along very well and easily with my co-workers and we have fun while we work. The hardest part of my job for me is that UHaul doesn't offer full-time because I have been there for 8 years and would live breath UHaul if they would let me. The most enjoyable part about my job is ithe job it's self. I am happy to be there and look forward to going to work.
Good part time job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), whiteplains, bronx, NYJanuary 25, 2015
Great place to work at if your looking for pocket money will only get part time hours
Good people, good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), waJanuary 22, 2015
Pros: people you work with and you are treated well.
Cons: weekend hours and lack luster training.
Take care of customers, equipment, each other. the work environment is decent to us as employees and the the pay is about what you would expect for a part time job. its not a bad place to work.
Hard but rewarding
Customer Service (Former Employee), San Francisco, CAJanuary 21, 2015
when it comes to being apart of someones moving experience, U-Haul does a good job of making sure that the customer has a great experience.

It can be hard during the end of the month as everyone is looking to cut your head off, but as long as you work hard and do your job, the customer will notice and everything will run smooth.
Very Busy and understaffed, expect to work hard.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Middletown, NJJanuary 19, 2015
Pros: down time in the winter
Cons: no real break in the summer or on weekends
Employees are asked to do a ton of work and the only time you get a break is when there are no customers. If you work here you will be asked to take on many roles that you will have to master quickly.
Great company but a little disorganized
Customer service (Former Employee), Thornton, COJanuary 19, 2015
Answering phone calls, leaving messages, calming irate customers. I learned great customer service skills and how to setup reservations. Management cared about there employees. Co-workers were friendly and helpful. Hardest part of the job was telling customers we didn't have the equipment they need. Most enjoyable was working with a small team of eight people.
Was hard work but a good job
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Manchester, NHJanuary 17, 2015
Learned a lot customers could be hard to deal with from time to time but other than that the job was good
Productive and fun
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Fresno, CAJanuary 16, 2015
Learned to effectively use a proprietary system for Uhaul, aiding the customer in the moving needs.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Laurel, MDJanuary 16, 2015
Pros: free lunches
Cons: job security
Fast paced work on weekends, extremely slow during the week.
Learned a lot about cars and customer service. Dealing with large sums of money.
its worth staying with uhaul
Customer Service/Cashier/Stock (Current Employee), Hudson, FLJanuary 14, 2015
great company they offer benefits to all employees
there is always someone ready to help management is pretty good and work ambiance is goog
AMC!!!!!!
Customer Service (Current Employee), Linden NJJanuary 13, 2015
This is one of the best places I have worked. My General Managed was BOSS. he kept morale High and knows how to look out for his employees.
Excellent
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Bronx, NYJanuary 12, 2015
I enjoy working at Uhaul and I appreciate the environment. The company definitely accommodates people with families and their needs as long as you do your job.

About U-Haul

U-Haul International, Inc. is an American equipment rental company, based in Phoenix, Arizona, that has been in operation since – Read more

U-Haul Salaries