U-Haul

U-Haul Employee Reviews

ok
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZJune 9, 2015
they were super nice, no problems. they gave me a turkey on thanksgiving. they were awesome job for an at home opportunity. they also didnt mind if i had to leavew early due to emergincys
General Manager (GM) (Former Employee), Wilmington, DEJune 9, 2015
good pace to work. depending on your manager, most are very understanding. systems are easy to learn. flexible hours pay isnt always that great. great opportunity for advancement.
Fun place to work, very face pace environment Example: Productive and fun workplace with ping pong table
General Manager (Current Employee), Brooklyn, NYJune 6, 2015
very fast face environment. , manage employees, set direction for employees, I learned a lot about retail , how to motivate employees.
The hardest part of the is basic nothing, Love the job and enjoy what I do. I enjoy being a advocate for customers and working with employee to be successful.
Coworkers
customer service rep (Current Employee), KansasJune 4, 2015
Uhaul is a decent company. The people that I work with are great.
However, the pay is not the best. Good benefits, but overall terrible compensation for the amount of work put forth. I've learned a lot about transportation and the operation of our mobile pod shipments and how to work well with the transportation companies as well as our truck fleet. I've also been trained to be very good at operating the Forklift. The most enjoyable part of the job would be my coworkers. The least enjoyable part of the job is the lack of communication between the higher management and the store level management, leading to chaos sometimes.
An ever changing and evolving work place
General Manager (Current Employee), Cincinnati, OHMay 29, 2015
If a steady, even stale, job is what you seek, do not apply. U-Haul is constantly being revamped. Their 70 years in the moving business stands as a testament to their creed of providing the self-mover, the product they need. The environment can only be described as controlled chaos. There are times when you can hardly take a moment to think. But for those times, the training and programs become second nature. Other times, you may struggle to find something to help pass the time. It this that makes U-Haul a good place to work. Its not always slow, nor is it always a rat race.
being rated number one three years in a row
General Manager (Former Employee), Warwick, RIMay 26, 2015
I was a great leader who took my job seriously. I had great hard working employees that always provided excellent customer service and made the right corrections when needed. I enjoyed the job in general and being able to be a part of the company making an improvement.
Great group of people very family oriented
Logistics Reservations Manager (Former Employee), Grand Prairie, TXMay 26, 2015
Fun and fast paced environment.I learned so much about the company. I learned how to sale storage units and know what equipment is available for rent. How the company got started and progressed.
Poor compensation for daily work duties
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Littleton, COMay 25, 2015
Very poor compensation for daily tasks, very good management and co-workers. Good opportunities for advancement but even full-time received poor compensation
non threatening
CSR (Former Employee), New Bedford MAMay 24, 2015
Pros: 20 percent off for employees
Cons: pay
They pay minimum wage and ask way too much. My manager didn't train me, just had me watch computer classes then expected me to know everything.
Worse thing was that only manager EVER gets full-time. Actually each store is allowed a certain amount of hours and the manager divides them up. CSRs get 24 or less while manager gets 60. Worst place I have worked!!!
They constantly talk down on unions and fire people at the drop of a hat.
NA
U-Haul (Current Employee), El Paso, TXMay 23, 2015
“One day it started raining, and it didn’t quit for four months. We been through every kind of rain there is. Little bitty stingin’ rain… and big ol’ fat rain. Rain that flew in sideways. And sometimes rain even seemed to come straight up from underneath. Shoot, it even rained at night…”
Easy going
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Fort Worth, TXMay 22, 2015
Pros: Easy Going
Cons: Rate of Pay
Work was fairly easy there. I had no problems with this company. I learned how to manage a team to produce great work. My coworkers were very knowledgeable and very helpful. The hardest part of the job will have to be the amount of pay they offered. If it werent for that, I would still be employed there.
a great place
Sales Associate (Current Employee), Raleigh, NCMay 20, 2015
Pros: free lunch from time to time and the benifits are great
Cons: mostly part time positions
never a dull moment I enjoy working with all my associates.
management always so us they care and our opinions do count
its a fast pace friendly environment
not enough hours/ poor managment
reservations manager (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMay 19, 2015
Pros: employees
Cons: hours, management
They only offer part time for reservation managers. My manager requires us to do so much and wants us to do call backs 1-2 pages every day that we don't get paid for anymore. Its OK for her to be in her phone all day and leave work early or be late anytime she wants.. Other than that, it's an ok company to work for
Active work place
General Manager (Former Employee), Daytona Beach, FLMay 19, 2015
Pros: Customer Interaction
Cons: Traveling
Assisted with Customer Service. Responsible for assisting management of 8 employees, start up and marketing of brand new division
waste of time
agent (Former Employee), at homeMay 18, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
I was offered a job went through all hiring steps. Passed work at home computer tests. Did my drug screen and background checks. Recruiter contacted me and said because the ping test came back to high I. My computer test they had to cancel my hire agreement. They wasted my time and their company money over a ping test. The servers they use are in Arizona anyone with any sort of computer knowledge knows the further the server the higher the pings. They expect a ping of 76. Which is unrealistic if your hiring people in the south east with servers way out west. Really glad I had a back up job waiting. It was a complete waste of time.
Great Job
Roadside Assistance Agent (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 16, 2015
Atmosphere is great and this job gives you the ability to still care for your family. Management is always there when there are questions and for a part-time job the hours are great.
Productive and Fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), New Orleans, LAMay 13, 2015
Pros: Flexible hours
I really enjoy working for you U-Haul. So many great people and awesome personalities. Helping customers and is a typical day. The most enjoyable part of the job is helping customer get from point A to point B. I love helping customers figure out what is their next step.
very overwhelming
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Gretna, LAMay 13, 2015
they require way to much for the pay they offer but it can be laid back job under the right team of management I would not advice any one to apply with this comapny
Great work environment
Reservations Agent (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 12, 2015
Pros: free lunch
Typically I would answer calls and make reservations the only hardest part of the job was dealing with irate customers but it was always a pleasure to treat them with kindness and that seemed to always alleviate there stress
Very nice people with a fun atmosphere
5) Transfer Driver (Current Employee), New Windsor, NYMay 12, 2015
A typical day involved me driving trucks from 9am up to 6pm so i wasn't in the office much but when i was the staff were always smiling and making sure that there was always a good work environment to walk into.