U-Haul

U-Haul Employer Reviews

Feast or famon
Cashier (Former Employee), Columbus, OHDecember 20, 2013
Working here you have to be able to do it all, phones, drive, fix/ clean trucks, clean storage bathrooms. You are literately the whole store.
good place to work
Moving specialist (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 19, 2013
great place where the motivation of your co worker are extremely high fun place to work
watching the different clientelle coming in store
Assistant General Manager (Former Employee), Rockville, MDDecember 17, 2013
rented storage units to customers as well as rental trucks. enjoysed working with my customer service reps
Awesome Company
Assistant Moving Center General Manager (Former Employee), Grand Forks, NDDecember 16, 2013
Besides having to be outside most of the day in the middle of winter, this was an awesome job to have. I recommend it to anyone who knows anything about vehicles.
Good Experience
Environmental Health & Safety Manager (Former Employee), San Francisco, CADecember 15, 2013
Pros: great people
Cons: ehs not really a priorty to upper management
It was a good experience. At this time the company was making major changes.
Productive environment
General Manager (Former Employee), Tallahassee, FLDecember 12, 2013
its a great place to work. flexible for school schedule or other job schedules. work both inside and out and can be very challenging during the busy season.
Need to allow new employees the time to learn new job!
Area Route Manager (Former Employee), Schererville, INDecember 11, 2013
This company is a good place to work, but need to focus more on trainning and giving feedback on a timely base. Not allowing exsisting employees to train.
Overall - Pretty decent job (CSR)
CSR (Current Employee), Waco, TXDecember 11, 2013
Pros: very flexible schedules, co-workers, hands-on training
Cons: minimal pay, back strains, short-term job
U-Haul is mainly for people going to school and want a part-time job. If your looking full-time and your not applying to be a manager then this isn't the job for you. U-Haul will work with you but only in their interest. Very cheap company (for some odd reason). Jobs can be tedious with only minimal pay. But you learn a lot about hitches, propane, and – more... moving in general. – less
Great for the part timer of any age.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Lawton, OKDecember 10, 2013
Pros: part-time, flex hours and days
Cons: no benefits
This is very much a pro part time employment company. Great second job or supplement the retirement income. Lots of students apply and work during the summer so alot of turnaround.
Well known company to work for.
Storage Manager (Former Employee), Long Beach, CADecember 9, 2013
I can't say that Uhaul was a bad place to be employed at. I was young and was ready to move forward in life. There is no room for growth within the company.
Well known company to work for.
Storage Manager (Former Employee), Long Beach, CADecember 9, 2013
Back and Forth
Reservation Manager (Former Employee), Decatur, ALDecember 5, 2013
Cons: frequent traveling, bad pay, poor hours
I was interviewed with U-Haul at a very "shady" building. One story, tin roof, peeling paint all over the building made of old two by fours. The building had 5 desk, one where the manager sat, and 4 that had old computers stationed at them.
After about two weeks of working there I was moved to a very small building with no A/C that was in the middle – more... of storage units owned by a sub-contractor of UHAUL.
Then two weeks later they moved to a city that was 45 minutes further than the previous 25 minute drive. They basically told me, either I commute or I'm fired.
The hourly pay and bad hours hardly paid for the gas.
I didn't stay for long. – less
Productive and great atmosphere
Credit Card Account Processing Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 5, 2013
Learned many different things there. Researched credit card disputes.
Co-workers were helpful
good place to work
Production Supervisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 3, 2013
Pros: good hours -fair pay
Cons: was unfairly let go from my job
It was a good job for the 17 years I worked there. I learned a lot .
There is still a lot of good people there.
management was excellent up until the time before I was let go.
Sometimes there was stress trying to keep up with scheduling but we always made our deadlines.
Great Company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALDecember 2, 2013
Customer Focused Atmosphere, this company really is involved with helping the community,
Potentially good supplemental income
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Charlotte, NCDecember 2, 2013
Pros: benefits are really great, free turkey voucher for thanksgiving, dont clock out for lunch
Cons: benefits are mostly for full time or salaried members, no real designated lunch time
I really enjoy the people I work with right now, most of them are pleasant and very helpful. The work itself is not hard, although it may be challenging at times...no the hardest part of the job is the stress of inconvenienced customers.
It is stressful to have so many customers understandably frustrated because what should have been a simple ordeal – more... turned into a long line of nightmares, and then not be able to make their day any better. As I am training I have to sit at the front desk computers and I happen to be the first of many irritations for the incoming customers who dont understand why Im not doing a thing to help them. Even after explaining, they still seemed unsatisfied. It could be the nature of the job, the nature of the clientele, or maybe just a string of bad days but more experienced co-workers have said this is pretty standard.
I have never before had to go through all the training videos in the public's view with the constant distractions and interruptions, but this may just be this particular store(hopefully).
The assistant manager has only been working here about a month and is not exceptionally prepared for the job but on the birghtside, it must be really easy to move up in the company.
Here part-time means moonlighter which = no more than 20 hrs per week.
Even though its not working out for me, it could be the perfect opportunity for someone else. – less
Very Nice Environment
Everyone is very open and is very eager to meet or exceed deadlines and goals.
Very demeaning job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 2, 2013
Cons: pay, treatment, and how "not to handle" customers
Very low wages, no full time allowed for fear of "benefits" by the multi millionaire owner.
High stress with corporate structure that allows severe abuse.
General Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 1, 2013
U-Haul allows and encourages their individual marketing company presidents to come up with their own rules on how their areas should be managed. The challenge for the center managers comes when their boss has rules and or requirements that are different from and even oppose he rules set down by the parent company in Arizona.

The marketing company presidents – more... often make use of phrases like, "you will reach goal 'A' or your replacement will."

Being a salaried manager usually entails a 60+ hour work week. If you are an area field manager servicing the dealer network, your work week can even approach 100 hours on the final week of the month. – less
Not a satisfactory experience
Storage Center Manager (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALNovember 30, 2013
The local management was severely influenced by another employee who had little or no management experience and was highly critical of our efforts.

About U-Haul

U-Haul wants to know if you are┬ásure you want to spend the extra money for a moving company? If not, there's AMERCO, whose principal – Read more