U-Haul Employee Reviews in United States

Found 1,453 reviews matching the search
Productive Workplace
Reservation Manager Orlando (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMay 21, 2016
My daily activities consist of managing reservation. I enjoyed making sure that everything was in order for customers that were depending on us to make their deliveries.
a step up above from working at mcdonalds
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Portland, MEMay 20, 2016
you get minimum wage salary, horrible and expensive benefits with high deductibles and ridiculous fees. a man i know working there over 25 years barely makes $14.00 an hour. corporately owned from top to bottom and you are always made to feel that your work is never good enough and needs improvement never any compliments or gesture when you do everything well or exceed expectations.
Great Work PLace
Customer Service, Maintenance Tech (Current Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMay 16, 2016
I enjoy working at Uhaul. The only draw back is that some days during the week are very slow and then the weekend is non stop work. I wish the business could be more spread out but it is just the nature of the rental busines. My manager is great and we have a great team at our location.
Pros
Uhaul Rental
Cons
Heavier work flow days than others based on the business
Flexible Work Schedule and Challenging Duties
Hitch Installations, Customer Care (Current Employee) –  Beaumont, TX 77708May 16, 2016
The General Manager of the 8161 N. Eastex Fwy location was a fun and considerate manager to work with. He rewards hard efficient work and shows respect towards customers and co-workers. I learned how to install hitches and wiring in automobiles while there. My former co-workers were also easy to work with. The hardest part of the job was making sure that ALL duties were completed by COB. The most enjoyable part of the job for me was the responsibilities.
Pros
Flexible Scheduling
Cons
Not enough hours
Great place to advance.
Computer Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 15, 2016
U-Haul when managed correctly was a smooth and amazing place to work. When management changed it was all downhill. There pay and health benifits were very competitive and they do take care of their employees.
Gerat place to be
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXMay 15, 2016
This is a very fun Job you learn a lot and meet a lot if customers that depend on you to help them with their moving and storage needs
Can be an enjoyable job, but mgmt. was very poor.
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHMay 14, 2016
i learned a lot while working there thru training. but found out my manager was under paying me and she also woulndt hire any moe people to make her pay roll look better puting way to much work on just one person cuase me to quit.
Pros
you get a free jacket, the reinburse you for buying boots.
Cons
csr's end up doing a vast majority of the work and get paid the lowest
Stressful and crazy!!
Reservations Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMay 12, 2016
UHaul really is a good company to work for. You start at minimum wage-ish pay and can easily earn more up to a certain point. I cant think of a position that isn't highly stressful in the company but it has its rewards. Coworkers are easy to get along with and most managers are laid back. The owner of the company has an open door policy with both employees and the public. Management on most levels have inherited that policy and you really feel comfortable speaking to them like you would any coworker. The hardest part of the job is the stress. Winter isn't bad but from just before Memorial Day thru Labor Day its 8 - 12 hour days 5 - 7 days a week getting screamed at all day long. Full time employees have great benefits that are paid for by the company. Part time employees have an option to get the insurance at a paid rate.
Pros
Benefits, Fast Pace Management
Cons
Summer Chaos!
Good pay, horrible hours
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZMay 12, 2016
I work from home as a center sales agent, so I'm not at the phoenix office. I've heard it's a nice environment though. Center sales agents are paid on commission plus hourly wages, so the money is worth the horrible hours and bad management.
Pros
good pay
Cons
bad management, doesn't care about employees
Productive work place, fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, ILMay 12, 2016
I worked as customer service at the front desk, rented out vehicles and hooked them up. I sold supplies to help move and worked with customers.I had learned how to pump propane, and drive bigger vehicles. Also, i learned how to be able to deal with customers easier and how to make payment phone calls and rent our storage and vehicles. The hardest part of the job was not always being able to help out the customer how they wanted. The most enjoyable part would have been the people i worked with and the management made it worth it.
Stressful and not much room for advanement
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 10, 2016
Serving customer who are stressed out by moving is extremely stressful. Put on top of that the varying work schedule, puts more stress on you. The only upside that I found was installing trailer hitches and wiring on customer vehicles.
Cons
Rare Raises
No advancement/ Weak Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Paramount, CAMay 9, 2016
Needs actual people with care for others and not just a paycheck. No break room, no braces for lifting heavy trailers, often left alone with out management with full store. Never received pay raise, just got worked to the bone and let go because UHAUL is an "at will" employer.
Pros
A/C, Computer Chairs
Cons
Everything Else
Good job
Facility Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Alexandria, LAMay 8, 2016
Decent work environment with diverse work duties. Hours are decent and management will work around college course schedule.
Good
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Newnan, GAMay 7, 2016
I learned that some days you may have customers thats not in a good mood but you as a workers for the company its your job to stay calm in help the customers in the best way possible.
Loved it until getting on the bad side of managment
Powder coat tech (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 5, 2016
ill never understand how can a company say they care for there employees. dont beleave them when they talk about there open door policie. I was told by uhaul that they would help me get help with my addiction since i had came forward to them asking for help. But at the end it was sad to hear i was being let go after comeing forward. So that i could change for me and my family but uhaul didint care they didint see how hard i worked for that company.,
Cons
Managment
Excellent job to obtain experience in customer service
Center Storage Manager (Former Employee) –  Yonkers, NYMay 3, 2016
This job is excellent in obtaining interpersonal communication skills, learning to work in a fast paced environment.
Pros
Employees learn to maneuver trucks and trailers, benefits, short hours on some holidays
Cons
Everyone must work outdoors in all types of weather for long periods of time.
Unprofessional
Call Center Rep/Reservation specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 3, 2016
While working for U-Haul there was a lot of system issues and unfortunately I was let go due to U-haul having system issues the calls would drop while I was on the phone helping customers out.
Pros
Loved the Customers
Cons
System was terrible
slow but steady comapany
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 2, 2016
The experience was ok, I had a fun time cruising in the truck. moving materials from one place to another was a learning process for me.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
delays with deliveries
heavy lifting and customer service with low pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZMay 2, 2016
usual customer service, helping people choose a truck and equipment for moving. You're interacting with people pretty much the whole time you're there unless it's a slow day. Hardest part can be moving heavy stuff like trailers around the lot.
Pros
gets you up and moving, talking to people
Cons
feels like little room for advancement, minimal pay
U-Haul is a great place to work.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMay 1, 2016
Friendly environment, relax surrounding. Co-workers easy to speak to friendly. Typical day we come in and share coffee or tea and go our seperate ways to preform our individuals work assignments.
Pros
steady work
Cons
Pay rate low