U-Haul

U-Haul Employer Reviews

Horrible place to work
Csr (Former Employee), Springfield ilMay 8, 2014
Cons: very poor management, very low wages, anti- union
Very little training and thrown out there to learn on your own, terrible management and anti-union, it's a job not a career so Uhaul needs to wake up, you pay minimum wage and you get minimum work, can't expect a csr to install a hitch for minimum wage.
Started out great
Customer Service, Cash Handling, Daily Deposit (Former Employee), Apopka, FLMay 6, 2014
They replaced the GM I stated out with with someone who I personally believe wasn't ready for her own location. I loved the job at first.
Productive and positive interaction with personnel and customers
General Manager (Current Employee), South Lake Tahoe, CAApril 26, 2014
I am responsible for the day to day management of the center, personnel and equipment rental. Through Interaction with the customers I was able to assist them with their moving needs, thus alleviated a lot of the stress involved with moving.
Fast paced hard working environment
Manager (Former Employee), Fresno, CAApril 24, 2014
This businees really assists you in developing or growing your understanding and patience with customers. Being one of the Most stressful things to do-MOVING, They do all they can to make the transition one of organization,calmness,patience, and focus in accomplishing the MOVE.
Excellent place to grow as a professional
Storage Manager (Former Employee), Bronx, NYApril 20, 2014
U-Haul is a great company. It's diverse, dynamic, fun, fast paced and most importantly is a company where as long as you have the drive you can grow as a professional fairly quickly. This is not to say the work is easy. It can be challenging because if working with people is challenging working with people who are moving is a whole lot more. It's a – more... matter of understanding people's needs and doing your best to help alleviate an already stressful situation. – less
diverse and fun work place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 17, 2014
calm and non competitive workplace diverse and they promote within I enjoyed the space nice people
CUSTOMER SERVICE
Service Technician (Former Employee), SAN BERNADINO CAApril 16, 2014
PROVIDING A DAILY SERVICE TO THE CUSTOMERS TO RENT U HAULS TRUCK RENTALS
Poor Senior management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Panama City, FLApril 16, 2014
Worked over 60 hours a week and was passed over for promotion because I was working and going to school.
Fun work environment
Facility Housekeeper (Former Employee), Dothan, ALApril 15, 2014
Manager and Assistant Manager was great to work with. Enjoyed cleaning my units after a client move their belongings out of their storage unit....
Great Company with great benefits for family and advancements
Storage Center Manager (Former Employee), Buford, GAApril 14, 2014
Enjoyed working for this company, no complaints. Always opportunity to advance and great benefits for the family.
higher pay
Customer service representative (Current Employee), Douglasville, GAApril 14, 2014
the job is a nice job. I have no complaints about this job at all. I currently need higher pay im at currently homeless and i need higher pay to get my own place and still afford my bills.
Not Family friendly job
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Brunswick, MEApril 13, 2014
Pros: nice work environment.
Cons: schedule, and pay
A typical day at U-Haul, for me usually consists of long hours that are not well occupied. I leave home early, and don't get back home till late. I would like a job that I would be able to have a regular family life and regular schedule, (my schedule at U-haul changes constantly). Also not much room for advancement with good pay compensation.
Excellent working experience.
Rebuild Specialist / Mobile Repair (Former Employee), El Paso, TexasApril 12, 2014
Mobil repair specialist gave me an opportunity to interact with customers while performing my duties.
Fun place to work.
Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee), Provo, UTApril 4, 2014
Typical day at work.
Not very good management.
Friendly co-workers.
It was a pretty easy job.
The most enjoyable part about the job was speaking with the costumers and helping them out.
job great
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 31, 2014
Pros: got tips
Cons: got to go home when job was done
Had to move and check in trucks all day. I also had to show storage units
hard work for little pay
Customer Service (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMarch 25, 2014
Pros: good environment
Cons: no promotion, low pay
It was a good place to work to earn some extra money but I have no idea how anyone makes a living there.
Professional work environment.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Hammond, LAMarch 24, 2014
Always something to do.
Learned there is more to being a teller than counting money.
Management was easy to work with.
One big happy family.
One man Syndrome, demanding workplace
General Manager (Former Employee), Salisbury, MAMarch 21, 2014
Pros: low wages, no weekends off, not military friendly
Cons: good benefits
The upper management can be a hit or miss depending on what marketing company you work for. Depending upon the management team and area of work it may be loosely or well run and you will always. Despite experience and knowledge, you will be asked a lot for the low wage being paid. The company tends to run store with only one person even during busy – more... times. – less
Grounds Maintenance
Grounds Maintenance (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAMarch 21, 2014
Pros: nice company.
Cons: i was not able to utilize my skills.
My day would start with servicing the trucks through out the day to confirm tires, fluids were topped off and trouble shoot any type of mechanical issues. Installation and wiring on the hitches. This job was not challenging in comparison to my experience but my manager and co-workers were great to work with.

Please note this was a part-time job.
teamwork
Customer service Representive (Former Employee), Medford, ORMarch 20, 2014
We all had are little part to do. I inspected checked an washed u-hauls equipment. make sells, install hitch's.

About U-Haul

U-Haul International, Inc. is an American equipment rental company, based in Phoenix, Arizona, that has been in operation since – Read more