U-Haul

Service Technician (Former Employee), SAN BERNADINO CAApril 16, 2014
PROVIDING A DAILY SERVICE TO THE CUSTOMERS TO RENT U HAULS TRUCK RENTALS
Poor Senior management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Panama City, FLApril 16, 2014
Worked over 60 hours a week and was passed over for promotion because I was working and going to school.
Fun work environment
Facility Housekeeper (Former Employee), Dothan, ALApril 15, 2014
Manager and Assistant Manager was great to work with. Enjoyed cleaning my units after a client move their belongings out of their storage unit....
Great Company with great benefits for family and advancements
Storage Center Manager (Former Employee), Buford, GAApril 14, 2014
Enjoyed working for this company, no complaints. Always opportunity to advance and great benefits for the family.
higher pay
Customer service representative (Current Employee), Douglasville, GAApril 14, 2014
the job is a nice job. I have no complaints about this job at all. I currently need higher pay im at currently homeless and i need higher pay to get my own place and still afford my bills.
Not Family friendly job
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Brunswick, MEApril 13, 2014
Pros: nice work environment.
Cons: schedule, and pay
A typical day at U-Haul, for me usually consists of long hours that are not well occupied. I leave home early, and don't get back home till late. I would like a job that I would be able to have a regular family life and regular schedule, (my schedule at U-haul changes constantly). Also not much room for advancement with good pay compensation.
Excellent working experience.
Rebuild Specialist / Mobile Repair (Former Employee), El Paso, TexasApril 12, 2014
Mobil repair specialist gave me an opportunity to interact with customers while performing my duties.
Fun place to work.
Costumer Service Representative (Former Employee), Provo, UTApril 4, 2014
Typical day at work.
Not very good management.
Friendly co-workers.
It was a pretty easy job.
The most enjoyable part about the job was speaking with the costumers and helping them out.
job great
Cashier/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Chicago, ILMarch 31, 2014
Pros: got tips
Cons: got to go home when job was done
Had to move and check in trucks all day. I also had to show storage units
hard work for little pay
Customer Service (Former Employee), Corpus Christi, TXMarch 25, 2014
Pros: good environment
Cons: no promotion, low pay
It was a good place to work to earn some extra money but I have no idea how anyone makes a living there.
Professional work environment.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee), Hammond, LAMarch 24, 2014
Always something to do.
Learned there is more to being a teller than counting money.
Management was easy to work with.
One big happy family.
One man Syndrome, demanding workplace
General Manager (Former Employee), Salisbury, MAMarch 21, 2014
Pros: low wages, no weekends off, not military friendly
Cons: good benefits
The upper management can be a hit or miss depending on what marketing company you work for. Depending upon the management team and area of work it may be loosely or well run and you will always. Despite experience and knowledge, you will be asked a lot for the low wage being paid. The company tends to run store with only one person even during busy – more... times. – less
Grounds Maintenance
Grounds Maintenance (Former Employee), Bakersfield, CAMarch 21, 2014
Pros: nice company.
Cons: i was not able to utilize my skills.
My day would start with servicing the trucks through out the day to confirm tires, fluids were topped off and trouble shoot any type of mechanical issues. Installation and wiring on the hitches. This job was not challenging in comparison to my experience but my manager and co-workers were great to work with.

Please note this was a part-time job.
teamwork
Customer service Representive (Former Employee), Medford, ORMarch 20, 2014
We all had are little part to do. I inspected checked an washed u-hauls equipment. make sells, install hitch's.
I worked 50 to 70 hours per week.
TCM/Reservation Man./CSR (Former Employee), Atl. Ga.March 18, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: no days off, sometimes for weeks at a time
I loved the people I worked with! I didn't like having no days off, sometimes for weeks at time. Other than that Its an awesome place to work.
good for college student bad for career
CSR (Current Employee), Murrieta, CAMarch 17, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: they don't really give you your 10 minute breaks. bad pay.
The upper management can be a hit or miss depending on what marketing company you work for. The company is well run and you will always get a pay check which is nice. They ask a lot of you for little pay though despite your experience and knowledge.
small place
customer service representative (Former Employee), Portsmouth, VAMarch 13, 2014
Pros: calm work enviroment
Cons: pay rate
day consist of helping customers with rentals, managing lower level employees, cleaning store and rental vehicles
Looong hours no reward
Management (Former Employee), AllMarch 13, 2014
Pros: none come to mind
Cons: really
If you like to work mandatory 55 to 60 hrs a week, get yelled at by customers and get one day off a week then this is the perfect job for you. As manager you have many many duties. The company does pay your insurance making it look like a good deal but, when you figure the hours you work over 40 you are paying for it. The owner of the company knows – more... people aren't happy about moving so you would think they would have what the customer wants when they get there, but thats not the case. They are always out of dollies, pads and alot times the call center over books the trucks. Instead of blocking it off the website it lets them reserve equipment you do have and when the customer comes in fireworks begin. Over all poorly ran company and the fact that there is no other company that offers what they do is what keeps them in business! Don't do it to yourself! – less
worked from home
Storage Affiliate (Call Center/ Work From Home) (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 11, 2014
Pros: work from home
Cons: not enough hours
Love working from home. The job is a part time only. Not enough hours per week and no benefits.
management doesn't really care about personal problems
CSR (Former Employee), Wyoming miMarch 11, 2014
rent out 10 foot to 26 foot trucks. clean incoming equipment. assets customers in all moving needs.

About U-Haul

U-Haul International, Inc. is an American equipment rental company, based in Phoenix, Arizona, that has been in operation since – Read more