U-Haul

U-Haul Employer Reviews

Very demeaning job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 2, 2013
Cons: pay, treatment, and how "not to handle" customers
Very low wages, no full time allowed for fear of "benefits" by the multi millionaire owner.
High stress with corporate structure that allows severe abuse.
General Manager (Former Employee), Atlanta, GADecember 1, 2013
U-Haul allows and encourages their individual marketing company presidents to come up with their own rules on how their areas should be managed. The challenge for the center managers comes when their boss has rules and or requirements that are different from and even oppose he rules set down by the parent company in Arizona.

The marketing company presidents – more... often make use of phrases like, "you will reach goal 'A' or your replacement will."

Being a salaried manager usually entails a 60+ hour work week. If you are an area field manager servicing the dealer network, your work week can even approach 100 hours on the final week of the month. – less
Not a satisfactory experience
Storage Center Manager (Former Employee), Birmingham, ALNovember 30, 2013
The local management was severely influenced by another employee who had little or no management experience and was highly critical of our efforts.
Great job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GANovember 28, 2013
Pros: flexitable scheduel.
Cons: not enough pay.
starting at 7.50 and houone of r ended at 8. very understanding and helpful manager.
Easy
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Bronx, NYNovember 27, 2013
Pros: simple nothing too complicated
Cons: poor benefits package
easy job, fun people to work with, time flies by... mangers can be put under a lot of pressure causing them to come down on employees... toughest part of the day is the rude customers but you get used to them and learn how to handle situations like that.
Great Work from Home Position
Customer Representative (Former Employee), From HomeNovember 26, 2013
Pros: work from home
Cons: get lonely, a little tired.
It's not the most fun job in the world, because you're talking to average customers, but the pay is excellent and you work from home, which for me was the whole reason of having that job. I saved a lot on gas money.
Productive and great workplace to learn new skills and gain new ones.
Customer sales and Reservations agent (Former Employee), Mesa, AzNovember 20, 2013
Pros: na
Cons: na
A typical day at work: I would go in to work and see happy and energetic Reservations agents ready a willing to make the day productive.
I learned patience and understanding of the customers concerns and learned to answer their questions according and suggest new ideas for them.
The Management was dedicated and always ready and willing to help you with – more... any questions you may have.
My co-workers were very pleasant and started my day off with a smile.
The hardest part about the jobs was learning how to do rentals and reservations.
The most enjoyable part of the job was helping out the customer with whatever they need. – less
American Workplace
Storage Customer Service Rep (Current Employee), Southwest, FLNovember 18, 2013
Pros: part-time benefits, flexible scheduling
Cons: short breaks, low-health care coverage
Working around customers who desire quality service in a timely manner. I work daily on an independent level mostly customer service with a good amount of management tasks to work on. Co-workers are great and a pleasure to work with never a task we can't handle. Hardest task for me is continuing to remain positive when there are a good amount of things – more... that can go wrong. Most enjoying part of my career thus far is working with a large spectrum of customers with many different moving needs. – less
good people to work with
Quality Driver Away (Current Employee), snellville ga.November 17, 2013
I check in trucks and out customers, set up reservations, install hitches and learning new things, how to deal with customers and I work well with my co workers. To me working at U-Haul is fun and meeting people and interacting with them.
was a good place to work for
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Cincinnati, OHNovember 14, 2013
was a good company to work for. I would definately work for them again
Storage made easy
Team member (Former Employee), Fort Lauderdale, FLNovember 14, 2013
U Haul is 500 forthcoming company with good hours and great salaries at the end of the year.
sales and customer service
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), huntsville Al.November 14, 2013
always smooth, I learned how to pump propane and put on hitches which was the hardest part and selling trucks was the best and I Loved the csr part
recieved bonus shortly after working at all jobs.
Sales & Reservations Representative (Former Employee), Goodyear, AZNovember 13, 2013
Pros: working from home
Cons: not desired amount of hours
Sales & reservations, directed calles to correct managment for furher assistance.
busy job with high expectations
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Huntsville, ALNovember 13, 2013
My immediate managers were great people. The corporation had impossible expectations for them to meet monthly
Good job
Second Shift Manager (Former Employee), Youngstown, OHNovember 7, 2013
When I worked at U- haul the management was great and had a flexible schedule. Only reason for my departure was to concentrate on schooling.
Large coorperation, first start in customer service
Traffic Dispatch Supervisor (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZNovember 7, 2013
Pros: good co-workers, fun, much experience gained
Cons: disorderly management, low pay
A typical day at work would be getting out of high school and heading straight to work. I would log in and begin taking whichever calls that needed to be taken (emergency road service, general customer service, traffic management, and later supervisor responsibilities)

I learned how to hone in on my customer service skills.

Management was not the – more... greatest. It was dysfunctional at times. Upper management would talk down on supervisors so ultimately it would get hectic.

Co-workers were great. I met a lot of good, fun and outgoing people.
Some of which I still keep in contact with.

The hardest part of the job was doing road side service because the most you can do is talk the customer through what needs to be done until a road side service worker that is dispatched arrives. I could take half an hour up to possible the next morning.

The most enjoyable part was the experience and the co-workers I met personally. It also was easy to move around and excel within the company. – less
never again
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), Houston, TXNovember 5, 2013
all I ever got was yelled at called names for no reason and then was fired for having 2 deaths in the family a week apart and I had 0 write-ups
Hard work, but can be very rewarding when you help someone make a very large move in their life.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Toms River, NJNovember 1, 2013
Here I learned critical time management, multitasking, and telephone etiquette skills. It is very fast-paced, and causes you to be able to think on your feet.
Cypress Ave Uhaul is a disaster.
Customer service (Current Employee), Redding CAOctober 31, 2013
Pros: manager isn't around much
Cons: manager does eventually show up
Stay far away from this business. The manager has a strong sense of entitlement and it is represented by his lack of professionalism towards customers and employees. The culture here is horrible.
Helping customers
Senior General Manager (Former Employee), Canyon Country, CAOctober 31, 2013
Pros: training others
Chief lead for nine Centers, resulting in an estimated 13% earnings increase. Instructed Center managers in supply chain management techniques, product replenishment, reading P&L statements and other financial documents/reports in order to control spending and overtime. Taught managers to increase storage occupancy and reduce late payments to meet company – more... standards of 5% or less. Educated managers in the art of managing employees, scheduling workers and equipment, and customer service. Other operational procedures reviewed were maintaining equipment, product installation, safety, and marketing strategies and trends. Trained and certified all new general managers coming into the district to manage U-Haul Centers effectively. – less

About U-Haul

U-Haul wants to know if you are┬ásure you want to spend the extra money for a moving company? If not, there's AMERCO, whose principal – Read more