U-Haul Employee Reviews

Found 1,952 reviews matching the search
Wont give you a chance
Repair Crew (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAJune 10, 2017
if you are in training learn fast because if you try and take your time they will give you all of three days and you will be out the door.
the people you work with are caring and are willing to take time tob show you the inner workings of how to work faster.
Overall a great place to get experience
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYJune 8, 2017
It was a great learning experience but the work life balance was hard to maintain. Most of the training is hands on and learn as you go. Must be self motivated for this job and have tough skin for some of the customers.
Pros
overtime - can be upwards of 70 hours 7 days a week
Cons
high churn rate
Great part time job
Reservation Manager (Former Employee) –  Spokane Valley, WAJune 8, 2017
reservation manager, fast paced, demanding position, could be very stressful at times. Great customer service skills a must, great office with great people to work with, hardest part of the job was being swore at by customers
Great Place to Work
Sales and Reservations Agent (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 6, 2017
I was a work from home agent for almost 2 years. The pay is decent and can be really well if you get good at your job. Management was good as well and very professional. There is a large amount of customer service and would definitely recommend to those who are okay with desk jobs.
productive fast paced
associate (Former Employee) –  Gardena, CAJune 6, 2017
The job has an even balance of fast paced and relaxation periods. The employees are knowledgeable and fun to work with. Only complaint is the lack of work hours.
Its was ok
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  55th chesterJune 6, 2017
Its a pretty easy job not to much to do clean the trucks park the trucks stock inventory take reservations cashier its just customer service but its easy an i liked it
great learning experience
Transmission Specialist (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJune 6, 2017
chance to work on all parts of the vehicle from installing transmissions to fuel pumps, rear ends, timing belts, steering wheel issues, abs, brakes and entire replacement of engines.
Pros
learning all aspects of working on the vehicle
Cons
time limit on each work order connected to pay
fun work place enviorment with great people and awsome managment!
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  4655 N oracle rd Tucson AZ, 85705June 5, 2017
I would keep the trucks and trailers clean and running in great condition. fold lots of blankets/pads. repair lots of equipment. make sure storage and entire store area was clean. I would answer phone calls and make phone calls for reservations. My manager was awesome i learned a lot i got propane certified . The most enjoyable part was the people i worked with.
Pros
manager got lunch for us alot.
Cons
N/a
Customer Service Agent
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILJune 5, 2017
I had a great experience helping people schedule rental reservations for moving purposes. Moving can be a stressful time. It was my priority to make to moving process stress free.
Pros
I enjoyed my co-workers.
Cons
I did not enjoy having to fix a reservations that was not entered correctly
nice first job
Storage Manager (Former Employee) –  Thornton, COJune 5, 2017
I loved working for uhaul, even though there were bad days it was definitely a great first job for me. I learned a lot of responsibility from working for this company.
Work-From-Home: Customer Service Representative
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJune 5, 2017
Due to technical issues I could not longer stay with the company.
They were very considerate and understanding of the issues I had. While training I felt like the jumping around with multiple trainers every week, was a bit much. Also, I felt rushed into the position like; sink or swim. Nevertheless, they do their best and were all helpful and understanding.
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Benefits, No Discounts, Fast Paced Training
A nice office work place
Reservation Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 3, 2017
A typical day at work is taking reservations, locationg missing equipment and solving customer complaints. I learned how to settle most customers down when they have a complaint. The hardest part of the job was locating missing equipment. The enjoyable part was my co workers.
Friendly coworkers and simple tasks
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  North Las Vegas, NVJune 2, 2017
For the most part the employees are friendly when you get to know them, but the management can overwork with little to no compensation. Each store is held to near impossible expectations of sales that don't always make sense. Often have customers yelling at you for a problem created by someone else.
Pros
Free water
Cons
Sometimes no breaks and long hot days
Chill job
Driver (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 2, 2017
Standing and waiting for costumers to approach you to get rental trucks, talking to costumers.cleaning the rental trucks made sure they were safe to drive.
Good starting job
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Billings, MTJune 2, 2017
Good starting job, with the chance to climb the corporate ladder. Teaches you a hard work ethic. Most employees are fun to work with, meet a lot of people, work with tools and do a large variety of jobs as a CSR.
All star Cook/Cashier
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJune 1, 2017
KFC was my first official job besides cutting grass and grooming landscape. I learned how to do everything on the job and became an all star on my first job and I have taken that responsibility to every job I ever had.
Great place to work.
Statistical Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJune 1, 2017
Willing to train their own and invest in their people. The always promoted from within. Clear pathway for you career and opportunities to move up. good overall
Pros
free health care.
Productive work environment
Mobile Repair Technician (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJune 1, 2017
great work Environment
Other employee treat you with respect
Job get complicated at times
Skills learned about Truck and trailer Maintenance and Procedures
Uhaul
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 1, 2017
Was an alright job, left to focus on school. Days on the asphalt were hot, Customers not always friendly. Other employees sometimes shown favortism. otherwise easy going.
Pros
Good Boss
Cons
Hot days
job sucks and needs a new payment / money management system the stores and employees always get screwed higher ups make off with the cash
hitch professional (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLJune 1, 2017
Unfair pay structure bonus are minimal if any. you can work towards your goal for the month and beat it by alot but if your store doesn't sell enough of 1 thing you will lose all the bonus you worked for to make up the difference and still be expected to outperform last year's numbers
Pros
Cons
no breaks, low pay, high demand on personal