U-Haul

U-Haul United States Employee Reviews

Great Part Time Position
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Roanoke, VAJanuary 7, 2015
I enjoy meeting and greeting customers on a daily basis and I especially appreciate the job culture and atmosphere.
aint life strange
former dealer (Former Employee), ohioJanuary 6, 2015
Pros: good dealer support
Cons: impatient customers, equip. shortages during peak demand
after over 20 yrs.+,I'd do it again,good supplemental income for existing business,you get what you put into it,but I bleed red, not orange, theres the right way, the wrong way u-hauls way then my way my way worked best.overall good people
Helping customers
Customer Serivce (Former Employee), Salt Lake City, UTJanuary 5, 2015
There were all types of reasons why a customer needed a moving truck or storage unit, Some more stressful then others. So when a stressed customer came in and I was able to help their situation be a little better was a great experience.
friendly and nice place to work
Customer service rep (Current Employee), New York, NYJanuary 4, 2015
Pros: discount on trucks
Cons: get a break when you get a chance not enough hhours
I would come in at 6:30 to open up the the doors and would have to check the trucks to make sure they are clean and a level 2 is done. a level 2 is whent you check the fluids, tires and inside of the truck and then you put a sticker on with your name and location of the uhaul
Good first work from home experience
Roadside Assistant (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 30, 2014
I enjoy working from home and Uhaul makes that very possible. They are flexible and willing to assist to make that happen
Joke of a job
Hitch Pro & PM Specialist (Former Employee), Houston, TXDecember 28, 2014
After school part-time. clean, clean, clean again. I learned how to pick up women. Moving furniture and storing it. Management was a part time drug dealer to make ends meet. co-workers were about the same.
Pay was sub par for amount of work
Assistant Storage Manager (Former Employee), Oxford, ALDecember 27, 2014
Upper management(District Manager) Did not car for his team.
Challenging and Demanding Seasonal Position
Seasonal Sales and Reservations Representative (Former Employee), At home positionDecember 27, 2014
This position kept me busy throughout the entire shift. The schedules were put out in a timely manner allowing me to plan my life around it. I did not have to fight for hours during the season, and if I wanted to work the time was available. The managers and Tech staff are easily accessible and reliable. Training is as thorough as it can be, but getting on the "floor" and taking calls is where you pick up your skills. This is a high stress job since you are working with a wide variety of people and circumstances. Moving in and of itself is stressful and involved and the customers rely on the ability to utilize moving equipment and storage units. Soft skills are necessary including firm compassion and understanding.
Not the job I was looking for
General and Retail Manager (Former Employee), Los Angeles CADecember 23, 2014
Over saw several corporate U haul stores. They brought me in as a retail expert for a new program that never took shape. The job was easy but no advancement opportunities. I liked working with customers to help them with their move. Learned many new things in the truck rental business.
Moving along.......
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), RIDecember 22, 2014
Cons: no discounts on rentals no raises not much for advancement.
Open store or close store handle cash and propane while dealing with stressed out people during a stressful move is never a fun thing but we get paid like its cake work... when it really isnt. Management or lack there of the store manager is basically it for management the rest are in a "home office" setting that they just float around and troubleshoot. Hardest part of the job running the store by yourself when its the first of the month or the week prior. most i enjoyed is leaving the job.
working in a kitchen all the time, free food was good.
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee), dallas texasDecember 18, 2014
Pros: good work enviroment and great co workers.
Cons: working the rush hour every night.
typical work day consisted of cooking and making sure all food was prepared for our guests the proper way. learned a lot of new things to cook. my co workers were very enjoyable to work with and kept the good spirits flowing. hardest part of my job was getting the rush hour. most enjoyable part was getting to sit down at the end of my shift with all my co workers and enjoy a good meal.
CSR
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Richmond, VADecember 17, 2014
Pros: lunch with the boss
Cons: parttime health care
GREAT JOB AND GAIN TONS OF EXERPRIENCE AND EVERYDAY THERE ARE ALWAYS SOMETHING NEW, INTERESTING AND EDUCATIONAL .
Good work place
FMT (Former Employee), Houston, Tx.December 12, 2014
Pros: hour lunch
Cons: lot of driving
A good place to work. Start work at 7:30 am off at 4:30 pm. Management are fun loving boss to work for. The good things about working for this company is the coworkers you work with. The being able to move around from one place to the other which makes the job different every day.
Productive and interesting work place.
Corporate Sales Business Analyst (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZDecember 12, 2014
Pros: flexible with work schedules
Cons: the benefits and pay structure
The CEO is a very compassionate individual who puts his system members first. I learned how to understand each customer situation and resolve each unique scenario. Management was consistent with their open door policy. If there was any questions or assistance needed, management was always available. There were some challenges especially throughout peak season, however working as a team we were able to meet the quote and assist all of our customers properly.
Hitch Installer (Former Employee), Lakewood CODecember 12, 2014
Great easy place to work, co workers are easy to get along with same as the manager. had no issues with the job all employees worked very hard at their job easy to learn i would go back if i could
Job review
General Manager (Former Employee), Hollywood, CADecember 11, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: work shedule
Overall great job organization to work for. The management team takes very good care of the customers and employees
Great working relationships with Supervisors & co-workers
Traffic Controller (Current Employee), Bloomington, MNDecember 8, 2014
Pros: free lunchs, snacks and drinks
Cons: because we are so busy breaks often get forgotten
A typical day at U-Haul is very busy. We are on the phone's helping customers solve problems, finding rentals in the area they are located, booking reservations, and listening to customers moving needs. Also, working with the U-Haul centers and dealers to solve any problems they may have. Whether it is with their schedules, lost or stolen equipment, or helping assist customers they can not help. I assist with reports that consist of tracking down transferred equipment, moving/renting equipment that has been sitting for too long, calling back customers who have inquired about a rental and scheduling calls. Working at U-Haul has taught me that getting angry solves nothing. Remaining calm in ALL situations helps maintain focus and helps customers to remember that we are there to assist them. Moving is a very stressful situation and helping to make things easier for the customer makes them happy. My supervisor is a wonderful person to work for. She is always there to assist us in anything we may need, flexible to work around everybody's schedules, and has a great personality. My co-works are really great people as well. I really feel a good working environment always produces the best work and I am glad to be a part of the U-Haul team. The hardest part of my job is dealing with angry customers. I have had customers take a lot of their moving problems out on me but I have learned to listen silently and intently. Let them clear their frustrations out and work to problem solve with them. The best part of my job is going home at the end of my day and knowing that I got to make someone's life a little easier for them.
Productive Workplace with lots of experience
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PANovember 30, 2014
I handled everything having to deal with being a small business owner. I was the assistant to the owner in which i would take care of all the office work and fill in with cleaning duties if needed.
Uhaul - Morse Road-Employee Review
Manager (Former Employee), Columbus ohio,November 26, 2014
Pros: decent benefit package
Daily tasks include managing reservations, confirming reservations, helped customers, dealt with distribution of vehicles, and increased sales transactions within Columbus vicinily.

If you are part time dont exspect to get more than 23 hours per week, the traffic control manager is extremely rude and obnoxious to customers, the work environment is beyond un-professional due to constant cussing about customers and anything else, and the staff noses around in other people's business and constantly talks about others personal issues, pay is extremely low, and your schedule is not convenient to your preference but, convenient to the traffic control manager, i personally wouldn't recommend any one work in there in there regional office unless you are desperate for a job, also if you resign they look at you crazy and will tell you to your face that they don't care and treat you like an outsider which is ridiculous and immature.
family like environment
General Manager (Former Employee), Cleveland, OHNovember 20, 2014
the small environment pushes the reps to become very close. The staff becomes family-like.

About U-Haul

U-Haul International, Inc. is an American equipment rental company, based in Phoenix, Arizona, that has been in operation since – Read more

U-Haul Salaries