U-Haul

U-Haul Employee Reviews

Fun place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Overland Park, KSMay 11, 2015
U-Haul is a great place to work if you are looking for a summer job or if you are currently in college. They are extremely flexible with hours and days you want to work. You learn how to work in a team setting and you learn valuable lessons in dealing with a wide variety of customers.
Productive work place
Customer Service (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMay 7, 2015
Fast pace work environment scheduling reservations for customers across united states and Canada. The good customer service helps maintain good business and repeat customers.
productive and fun with a flexible schedule
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Ahwatukee, AZMay 6, 2015
I love it because it works with school and my internship.
Great management and good benefits.
Great employees that are easy to work with.
nice laid back workplace
Yard Customer Service (Current Employee), Yonkers, NYMay 6, 2015
a easy day on the job you do your work and nobody bothers you
customers are simple.
a better pay would be nice
very flexible with hours
Great Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Rosedale, MDMay 5, 2015
A typical day at work consist of customer service running the front desk. Also responsible for the operation and movement of U-Haul Vehicles on site. My duties were maintenance, cleaning and servicing trucks and trailers. I preformed numerous amounts of mechanical duties and technical support for vehicles with mechanical and electrical issues. Making reservations, inventory management, responsible for large sums of money and bank deposits.
Bad unless you are the gm
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Houston, TXMay 5, 2015
They ask way too much for a person making minimum wage. There were times when, as a CSR and not a manager, I ran the store by myself and still wasn't allowed to get more then 25 hours a week due to the area manager's greed. He, the area manager, also made the GMs work off the clock if they went over 65 hours a week. Apparently, there is a set amount of hours that is allotted to each store due to the amount of sales made per month. If the store doesn't sale, the hours are cut. At the store I was at, one of my jobs was to update the board that had the numbers we did daily. All of our numbers were way up but our hours keep getting cut. My GM didn't have the balls to confront the arean manager about what was going on in fear of losing his job. I'm just a csr. What do I know right.
Fast pace and productive.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Yonkers, NYApril 29, 2015
Pros: Very convient with flexible schedules.
Cons: Poor time management.
A typical day at work consist of Customer Service running the front desk. Also responsible for the operation and movement of U-Haul Vehicles on site. My duties were maintenance, cleaning and servicing trucks and trailers top to bottom and side to side. I preformed numerous amounts of mechanical duties and technical support for vehicles with mechanical and electrical issues. I also installed hitches on customer vehicles as well as our own fleet for towing capabilities. I was fortunate to work there for 2 years although I was hired as a temp/seasonal worker.
Fun work environment, great coworkers, decent advancement
Driver, Dispatcher, Parts Specialist (Former Employee), Norfolk, VAApril 28, 2015
Pros: Fun environment, open door policy, decent pay
Cons: No A/C! constant standing, hard for managers to see eye to eye with upper management
Overall a good company. No A/C at the repair shop so it feels like working in a sweat shop during the summer (I literally lost 15lbs one summer). Winters are dreadfully cold, had to use little heaters to warm up. Management was confusing, if you did your job one way as told by your direct manager, the manager above disagreed and wanted you to do something different; very frustrating. Coworkers were very nice, learned how to work on the uhaul trucks even without experience when the shop was a little slow. Open door policy - can speak to manager or supervisor about anything. Company prides itself on its employees, always celebrated employees anniversaries and birthdays.
Very good company to work for
Internal Auditor (Current Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 25, 2015
Pros: Benefits
Cons: Hours
Only been working at U-Haul for over a month but I love it so far. Very good company to work for. The benefits here are incredible. The people and management are very friendly.
uhaul
Customer Services Rep (Former Employee), houston txApril 24, 2015
• Checking in rented equipment, starting new rentals contracts.
• Conducted cleaning and inspections of all vehicles.
• Stocking and cleaning store inside and out.
• Followed up with customers and confirmed their reservation.
Amazing fun inviting enviornment
Reservation Manager (Current Employee), Fresno, CAApril 21, 2015
I love being a reservation manager it challenges me in every aspect I love my customers, and love the hands on selling aspect of the job.
Poor Management
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVApril 21, 2015
This company makes promises they cannot keep. They have poor management and poor hours. The say you can advance easily if you work for it but that is not true. They say that they like to hire from within and promote people but they just hired someone from outside the company for a general manager. Also, they make you take classes to earn a raise but you never see the raise. They promised me a 25 cent raise for getting propane certified and I haven't seen it.
U Haul experince
Detail Specialist (Current Employee), Clackamas, ORApril 20, 2015
Pros: reasonable breaks, can have music, Occasional Lunch parties
Cons: no benefits for part time. cant wear head phones either one ear or both.
My time with Uhaul is a fun experience i love it there just not satisfied with part time and no benefits. Wish to continue with my career choices and look into schooling.

Co workers are nice, My boss treats me well, I have learned how to use some cleaning supplies i didnt know how to use such as power washer and buffer machine for floor and for waxing for vehicles. The hardest part of the job is getting flooded with trucks that need to be pushed out by a certain time. The most enjoyable is it can be very calm.
Needs a lot of improvement
E-Sales and Reservations Agent (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 16, 2015
Pros: work from home/ flexible schedule
Cons: no benefits/ terrible training/ bad communication
Probably the only good thing about working for U-Haul as a sales and reservations agent is being able to work from home. I found that their training was not sufficient to provide the necessary skills needed to be successful in this position. They basically fill your head with a bunch of info and then throw you on the phones. I learned most of what I needed to know the hard way. There are a lot of employees that simply never learn all they need to know and I always found myself having to explain to customers that whoever they talked to previously was ill informed and would have to take up the slack for ignorant co-workers. It is a stressful job as well. Found myself constantly having to deal with difficult customers because of how other employees would handle certain situations and/or ridiculous policies. I was shifted to several different managers over the course of the three years I worked there, and wasn't given any explanation. Their policies are constantly changing with minimal communication from managers to the employees. When you are hired you're basically told that they can end your employment at any time they choose for any reason they choose, so not much job security. I will say that they were very flexible with scheduling and worked with me when I was unable to work due to illness, so that's a plus. There are no benefits at all for part-time employees and not much opportunity for advancement for work from home positions. But the pay is decent when you factor in the hourly wage + commission. If you can handle the stress and are an intelligent person who is able to figure things out for yourself then you should be able to work for them no problem. For me the stress just wasn't worth it anymore.
CSR
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Denver, COApril 15, 2015
making sure people got the best deal possible on moving rates. maintaining a clean facility and the quality of the trucks we give to customer.
fast paced
CUSTOMER SERVICE REP (Former Employee), Philadelphia, PAApril 15, 2015
The team of employees that I worked with made the day seem fun. The position was too demanding because by me being a single mom, I was unable to spend time with my children because of the demanding work schedule.
Great work environment with fun people.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee), Edmond, OKApril 14, 2015
Pros: Great insurance.
Cons: Pay isn't that great.
Always making reservations for customers who need to move. Plenty of work to be done, whether serving the customer at the computer, inspecting and cleaning equipment, installing a hitch, or pumping propane. Management and coworkers are great, we all get along. The hardest part of the job is usually whatever the weather is doing; still have to get things done whether it's raining, snowing, or the sun is shining. However, it's nice to be able to get outside too.
reliable trustworthy outgoing
Mover/Laborer (Former Employee), Winston-Salem, NCApril 14, 2015
Pros: meeting different people
i go to the customer meet them then begin the job i learned hoe to talk to the customer find out what they want and how to make them happy my coworker are hard working and respected individuals
Fun place to work
Housekeeping/Storage Mananger (Former Employee), MOApril 13, 2015
There arent that many hours its a part time job but I learned alot and became very good in customer service I also learned to use a fork lift and install parts
Supplement income
Virtual Assistant Agent (Former Employee), AZApril 11, 2015
Pros: Work at home
Cons: short breaks, very busy work
Great work at home opportunity to supplement your income. Company has some great incentives such as vacation and health insurance for their employees