U-Haul

U-Haul Employee Reviews

Productive workplace.
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Current Employee), Bronx, NYApril 4, 2015
This position at UHAUL has been good to me but I am hoping for additional mental stimulation within my next position. My co-workers listen and follow my direction well but I do not feel the same about some of the management level associates. A lot could be done to improve the day-day and I have offered some suggestions but none have been taken into consideration.
Not a good company
Sales Representative (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZApril 1, 2015
Pros: none
Cons: none
Answered the phone at home for their customers. Low paying job with little benefits. I was able to help customers with their needs. The company needs help with their operation overall.
quiet work area
Customer Service (Former Employee), Broxton, GAMarch 31, 2015
Pros: no lunch
Cons: no insurance
day at work people come from all over the world, you learn a lot from people telling you where they are from, manager highly, no workers at the same shift, easy work but a lot of paperwork, I enjoyed there
U haul is a joke,
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee), Auburn, WAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Low pay, Store manager was pretty nice.
Cons: minimum wage job. No potential in the company
working at U haul is the worse place to be hired. Low pay, part time job. Don't expect to get a pay raise. I feel sorry for the employees that still work there. The company preys on vulnerable people to hire them and use them at there dispense, the company's higher management operates as a highly sophisticated organization that tries to reduce the workers rights. Just try to sign up for Union and  – more... you will be immediately fired, U Hual is total piece **** corporation that has only one objection and that is profit above employees and customers. If you are desperate for a job try to apply somewhere else, trust me you don't want work for u haul. McDonald's pays better then u haul, but McDonald's still is bad.
But it's angle compared to uhaul.
McDonald's pay is $12.50 with a potential pay increase.
Uhaul pays $9.32 have fun working in the rain or in the hot summer days cleaning u hauls equipment. I think even illegal immigrant will demand a better paying job then uhaul. I have made a mistake working for them while attending college, my personal advice don't even consider applying at uhaul. You would probably quit after couple weeks. – less
Fun place to work, no complaints.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Bridgeport, CTMarch 27, 2015
Good place to work. Nice environment and friendly coworkers. Typical day involves receiving and dispatching trucks/trailers and dispensing propane
Lazy people kind of job
Customer Service (Former Employee), Phoenix, AZMarch 26, 2015
Pros: bonus
Cons: hours, getting yelled at by customers, no benifits.
The hours are the worst and know one knows what is what and alot of people dont have customer service skills what so ever. If another customer service agent didnt something wrong you will be at blame, this company rips people off and promises arent kept to the customers.
Fun
sales executive (Former Employee), Americus GaMarch 24, 2015
Pros: long lunch breaks
Cons: rude customers
It was great! I loved my customers even though some were kind of rude but overall the job was a success! The most enjoyable part at work was hearing my customers say "Thank you so much for your help, I really appreciate it." That let me know that I had satisfied a customer and that I am doing my job the correct way!!
customer service rep (Former Employee), macon GaMarch 24, 2015
I liked uhaul and my co-workers and management were great. I did recieving and dispatching of our trucks, inventory, installing car/truck hitches and wiring for lights, closed store operations and handled all of our customers needs.
Incredible growth environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Richmond, VAMarch 19, 2015
Under the manager I personally learned skills such as inventory control and how to manage people for success. The opportunity for personal growth is fantastic which is why I have worked for the company for so long.
This was an interesting job.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee), Jacksonville, ARMarch 19, 2015
Pros: helping customers
Cons: no room for advancment
I rented U-Haul trucks and trailers to people who were travling. I learned how to do contracts for people and how to pump propane into campers. I was hired as the assistant manager by title but treated like a regular employee. The manager was over controlling. This was the first job I found after moving to Arkansas. When the opportunity to move on I took it. The hardest part of this job was competing with the manager's friend who applied for the job I got and didn't get it. He worked there beside the manager with the same schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping customers and sometimes seeing them off on their trip.
Great Place
Reservation Manager (Current Employee), Plano, TXMarch 16, 2015
Great place to work and earn income. Great managers and the employees are awesome. I have a lot of fun and learn a lot at this company.
Family atmosphere with a challenging mission.
Area Field Manager (Current Employee), Wyoming, MIMarch 16, 2015
Monitor and review policies and procedures. Employees have access to tons of extended information with internal online university. Hardest part of the job is dealing with a few customer's unrealistic view of life and how business works.
Uhaul Rating
Mechanic (Current Employee), Birmingham, ALMarch 16, 2015
Pros: great schedule
Cons: no overtime, poor benefits
Daily work tasks are not bad. Repairing and do maintenance on vehicles is standard. Learned to be more of a team player. Management was not always fair. Co-workers are great. Hardest part of job was knowing there was no overtime available.
Worklife balance
General Manager (Former Employee), Marietta, GAMarch 12, 2015
As a General Manager, we were required to work 6 days a week, sometimes 7, if someone called out. That doesn't make for a great Work/Life Balance.
An easy job, but not easy customers to deal with.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee), Mobile, ALMarch 12, 2015
Cons: rude customers
Working here was not difficult, and I learned many communication skills, but the customers you deal with on a daily basis take a lot of patience.
Good job for those looking to start over.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 11, 2015
Pros: direct management, easy hours, down time
Cons: no health benefits, low pay, outside in the summer/winter
U-Haul has been a great learning experience. It's a good, solid job given the right managers. The management above me is fantastic. Above all, you're given the opportunities to learn and grow. The co-workers can be a little difficult, but for a part time job, no complaints. The hardest part of the job is probably the physical work of cleaning out trucks and dealing with the customers.
Great place to work.
General Manager (Former Employee), Overbrook, PAMarch 11, 2015
Awesome place to work. This was my first to work for U-Haul and I learned a lot about working with people from different walks of life.
productive work place
Housekeeper (Former Employee), Spring Hill, FLMarch 11, 2015
Pros: very understanding, and caring workplace
Cons: getting wet in the winter while washing trucks
It was absolutely amazing working there I would go back anytime.
I loved the bosses they knew how to give constructive criticism, they made you feel comfortable when they worked with you.
Not what you're hired for
driver at ubox (Former Employee), centerpoint, alMarch 8, 2015
Pros: learning
Cons: no breaks, two very different pays
This company is not ready to operate this position. The truck has been setting for a full year. The promise to train you fell through. They train you to work in the uhaul part of the job but does not get to the ubox part of the job. They have you washing trucks and vehicles and trailers in 35 degree weather, all day long, the very first day. Pay is two different ones. They promise to keep you in the ubox part driving, but actually you will be in the lower pay, not driving. Really misleading.
Fast paced and challenging
Area Field Manager/Mobile Repair Operations (Former Employee), Bangor, MEMarch 7, 2015
Pros: freedom of control
Cons: 24/7 coverage
Seek and train potential business owners to become independent dealers and to move equipment from one non-profitable area to more productive areas...working with customers to reach total satisfaction.