U.S. Agency for International Development

U.S. Agency for International Development Employer Reviews

Very excting and competitive workplace.
Program Analyst (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 10, 2012
Pros: helping the under developed countries of america
A typical day at work was meeting the budget requirements that were legislatively mandated by the U.S. Congress. Over the course of 29 years, I learned a variety of skills that allowed me to avance to the top of the "glass ceiling" for african american women.

Management was the hardest part of the job, with adapting to various management styles and – more... most important, the competitive life-styles of the many individuals trying to reach the top. I worked with a group of wonderful people,and supervised 9 very strong diverse program analyst, who became my family away from family. I got the utmost respect from my staff, which in turn my my job very easy.

I can't pinpoint any part of the job that was hard, only trying to meet the many changing deadlines that were required to meet the goals of the agency. I enjoyed working with the people and the different regions the agency supported.

I retired with joy! – less
best place ever I work with
Program Assistant (Former Employee), BaghdadJune 16, 2014
Most professional people I ever worked, and working with let you get new knowledge everyday
Challenging work environment overseas
Program Officer (Current Employee), AfghanistanMay 19, 2013
Every day has a different challenge and the leadership is weak. You need to be a self-starter and initiate the necessary steps to solve problems.
Multi cultural work environment
Senior Contract and Assistance Specialist (Current Employee), Kabul, KABJuly 9, 2012
USAID is a multi cultural organization with staff from different parts of the world. I have learned a lot in this position.