U.S. Agency for International Development Employee Reviews in United States

See reviews about:
Work-Life BalancePay & BenefitsJob Security & AdvancementManagementCulture
Not for me
Consultant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 1, 2016
This job is not for me nor would I recommend anyone to work there. I found that there were nice people there, but this place by far has the worse environment, which cause me health problems.
Very excting and competitive workplace.
Program Analyst (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMay 10, 2012
A typical day at work was meeting the budget requirements that were legislatively mandated by the U.S. Congress. Over the course of 29 years, I learned a variety of skills that allowed me to avance to the top of the "glass ceiling" for african american women.

Management was the hardest part of the job, with adapting to various management styles and most important, the competitive life-styles of the many individuals trying to reach the top. I worked with a group of wonderful people,and supervised 9 very strong diverse program analyst, who became my family away from family. I got the utmost respect from my staff, which in turn my my job very easy.

I can't pinpoint any part of the job that was hard, only trying to meet the many changing deadlines that were required to meet the goals of the agency. I enjoyed working with the people and the different regions the agency supported.

I retired with joy!
Pros
helping the under developed countries of america
Very interesting office, learned about life abroad for women and children.
SECRETARY (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VANovember 4, 2015
I would recommend this office to anyone that would want to travel to foreign countries and learn about the health and welfare of women and children.
Pros
Enjoyed working with the doctors and office staff
Cons
No cons
Interesting place to work....
Primary Program Assistant (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 23, 2015
I've been working at this Agency since 1987. In the beginning, this was a fascinating place to work at. Opportunities and Compensation for a job well done was recognized. Like everything these days, change has entered and it's more political and based on the private sector rather than by OPM guidelines.
Pros
great place to meet people from different countries.
Cons
unless you're foreign service or a vet, it's not very beneficial for civilians any more.
Organization with a great mission and people who sincerely care about helping others
Director, Employee and Labor Relations (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 8, 2015
A typical work day involves collaborating with the Office of General Counsel and serving as technical advisor for GC on matters relating to disciplinary and adverse actions. I oversee and lead USAID’s employee and labor relations program, serving as the liaison with the most Senior Management Officials and labor partners for employee engagement purposes. Daily I provide advisory services on labor and employee relations issues relative to conduct, performance management and conditions of employment and adjudicate grievances filed by labor organizations. I lead and serve as the project manager for workplace bullying program and serve as mediator for disputes that do not conflict with the Division's roles and responsibilities . Collaborate with partners on overarching Agency concerns and represent the office in agency and stakeholder meetings.

I've learned that I can make a difference. I am inspired by management and the team to tackle difficult assignments. The hardest part about the job is ensuring equitable and fair treatment for all categories of employees. The most enjoyable part of the job is I get to have a voice, help people and travel.
Pros
travel
Cons
lack of resources
contracts legal review
Office of the General Counsel, Legal Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 17, 2013
involved legal review all contracts and administration of all cost