U.S. Agency for International Development

U.S. Agency for International Development Employee Reviews

Interesting place to work....
Primary Program Assistant (Current Employee), Washington, DCMarch 23, 2015
Pros: great place to meet people from different countries.
Cons: unless you're foreign service or a vet, it's not very beneficial for civilians any more.
I've been working at this Agency since 1987. In the beginning, this was a fascinating place to work at. Opportunities and Compensation for a job well done was recognized. Like everything these days, change has entered and it's more political and based on the private sector rather than by OPM guidelines.
contracts legal review
Office of the General Counsel, Legal Intern (Former Employee), Washington, DCJuly 17, 2013
involved legal review all contracts and administration of all cost
Very excting and competitive workplace.
Program Analyst (Former Employee), Washington, DCMay 10, 2012
Pros: helping the under developed countries of america
A typical day at work was meeting the budget requirements that were legislatively mandated by the U.S. Congress. Over the course of 29 years, I learned a variety of skills that allowed me to avance to – more... the top of the "glass ceiling" for african american women.

Management was the hardest part of the job, with adapting to various management styles and most important, the competitive life-styles of the many individuals trying to reach the top. I worked with a group of wonderful people,and supervised 9 very strong diverse program analyst, who became my family away from family. I got the utmost respect from my staff, which in turn my my job very easy.

I can't pinpoint any part of the job that was hard, only trying to meet the many changing deadlines that were required to meet the goals of the agency. I enjoyed working with the people and the different regions the agency supported.

I retired with joy! – less

U.S. Agency for International Development Salaries