U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Found 11,730 reviews matching the search
A challenge that had bettered myself over the past six years
Dedicated Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Holloman AFB, NMDecember 1, 2016
In the Air Force I had advanced my troubleshooting and remedying skills on numerous aircraft over the past six years garnering a certain pride in my achievements.
Budget Analyst
Budget Analyst (Former Employee) –  Moody AFB, GADecember 1, 2016
Not very easy to join, a lot of people waiting to join and it is easy to not qualify. By far one of the best decisions I ever made and I am so glad I joined. The hours were long at times and the job requirements seemed a little daunting at times but it was all worth it.
Awesome life
Training, and Mobility Manager (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCDecember 1, 2016
Typical work day was 8 to 9 hours.
Learn how to be a great Manager
Co-workers were great people to work with.
Hardest part about job was deployment being away from family.
Most enjoyable meet people and traveling the world experiencing different cultures.
Pros
Almost everythin
Cons
Deployments, Paperwork
Good Job
Human Resource Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Worth, TXDecember 1, 2016
It's a job. Don't be confused, treat it as such. Nothing more. You have to show up 7-5, produce results, and work out regularly. Some people are cool, and some are idiots. Like anywhere else.
Pros
Nice benefits
Cons
The worse leaders are, the faster they get promoted (quickest way to get rid of then
Special Agent/Criminal Investigator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 1, 2016
Being part of the U.S. military has been a great experience for me. I have learned a lot about myself and how our government works on a strategic level.
Travel and security.
KC-10A Aircraft Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Barksdale AFB, LADecember 1, 2016
I was young when I joined the USAF and I had the best job in the Military at that time. I was a crew chief on the KC-10. It almost never broke and we were never home, I have been everywhere in the world and got paid to do it. I would join again today.
Pros
Travel
proudly was an Airman
Electronic Missile Technician (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYDecember 1, 2016
This branch was, as always, committed to excellence in all we do, and never strayed from our motto. Great airmen to work with. Many of them demonstrated leadership skills quite well. We all worked together as a team to achieve and meet goals!
Pros
great airmen to work with
Cons
not a very exciting lifestyle. Quite regimented.
Military life is hard
Aerospace Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDDecember 1, 2016
They encourage pride in all that you do. You will be held to a higher standard than your civilian counter parts. You will need to adhere to the physical standards of your job.
Benefits
Cons
No real time off
Worthwhile endeavor
Unit Deployment Manager (Former Employee) –  Cannon AFB, NMDecember 1, 2016
I greatly valued my time in the Air Force. It is not for everyone, but if you have a desire to succeed, are mission focused, and willing to give all you have, it's a great career. The pay is very good and the benefits are amazing.
benefits
Cons
Great experience as a young adult
Contract Administrator / Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILDecember 1, 2016
The military has taught me many great values and skills as a young adult. I am fortunate to have met the awesome people throughout my time in the military.
Usaf
Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 1, 2016
Great foundation. Great people. Great way to kick start any career. Molds and sets you for a great future. 10/10 would go back and join again. JOIN THE AIR FORCE!
Great place for growth
C-17 Instructor Airdrop Loadmaster (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKDecember 1, 2016
Learned responsibility, people skills, productivity, Logistics. It was a great career for helping an individual mature and work in a fast paced career field.
Pros
Pay, Health Benefits
Cons
Great for security and benefits!
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Lackland AFB, TXDecember 1, 2016
Great for travel, seeing the world and for comprehensive benefits! Relocating cost you nothing and the skills you learn is above reproach!
Every day was unexpected
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Barksdale AFB, LADecember 1, 2016
You were either there for 12 hours or you got to go home early. Being military was not easy but it was a job that I'm proud of. Being deployed was probably the hardest part of my job. Six months in the desert away from everyone you know is tough. I learned how to be a good manager of time and people. I also learned how to be precise in every job i do.
Pros
great pay/education
Cons
lots of hard work/deployments
Fast Paced work environment
Production Manager (Current Employee) –  Laughlin AFB, TX 78843November 30, 2016
I manage the component division on night shift at Laughlin AFB. I ensure that aircraft parts are repaired and returned to service in a timely manner. I manage 7 different repair shops. I also manage the entire aircraft maintenance division at times when the normal manager is either unavailable or on leave. I have been tasked to fill that position for 3 months once, when he was tasked to take over an aircraft division during a lag between a former division manager and a newly hired manager.
Pros
Complex requirements of building a flying schedule and repairing aircraft, for a very busy flying wing in the USAF.
Cons
Location of my work from my home.
Nothing like turning a wrench on a fighter jet!
F-15E Tactical Fighter Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  IdahoNovember 30, 2016
What a wild life style. Turning a wrench a fight jet felt good at times. But doing it in the military wasn't always cracked up to be. But the uniform did feel good at times.
Pros
Self accomplishment
Cons
long hours, no pay
My duties and experience
Satellite/Wideband Communications Technician (Former Employee) –  Dobbins Air Reserve Base, GANovember 30, 2016
Wideband SatCom Maintenance Non-Commissioned Officer. Setup as well as maintained tropo-scatter, line-of-sight, and satellite communications equipment. I delivered equipment to undeveloped sites. I set equipment into place and established direct communications with the distant end. I worked with specific engineering plans and established a prescribed communications relay. I maintained equipment during the communications "shot,” then I disassembled equipment for re-deployment and storage. I worked with both hand tools and electronic test sets in the deployment, employment, and re-deployment phases. I am able to work independently in remote locations. Achieved the rank of Technical Sergeant Crew Chief with a crew of 8. Additionally, promoted to the Quality Office to insure all standards of Training and equipment readiness were maintained.
Air Force
Client Support Administrator (Former Employee) –  Kunsan AB, KoreaNovember 30, 2016
I love the military and the structure it provided. If I could go back I would definitely do so. The training provided via the Air Force and personnel are awesome.
Pros
Structure and training
Cons
Lengthy deployment away from family
Productive and learned a lot
Munitions Specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVNovember 30, 2016
Was making a difference every day. Loved being part of something bigger than myself. Tons of moving parts and perfection was everything.
Pros
Made great friendships
Cons
Always away from my family
Great Place to work
Supervisor, Dental Clinic and Dental Laboratory (Former Employee) –  World WideNovember 30, 2016
I was a dental assistant, prophy technician and dental lab technician for 24 + years. I loved it! I was the clinic trainer/manager the last 10 years of my career.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6