U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews in United States

Found 10,527 reviews matching the search
Great Company to start your career
District Recruiting Director (Current Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLMay 1, 2016
I loved serving my Country in the United States Air Force. Gave me a great foundation, with education and experience. Great chance to travel and see the world
Pros
Professional Development
Cons
A lot of Travel
Great benefits, Horrible leadership
Military (Former Employee) –  Vandenberg AFB, CAMay 1, 2016
Leadership wasn't all that great! I looked forward to my off time where I get to spend it with my peers. IF you enjoy sacrificing your time away from loved ones then this is the job for you!
Benefits
Cons
Time Consuming
great workplace
Information Management Apprentice (Former Employee) –  McGuire AFB, NJApril 30, 2016
Information manager, provide personnel support to over 260 military and civilian members. Update and maintain personnel records. Monitor squadron leave program
Pros
Free food and free room and board
Cons
no cons
Great experience
Intelligence (Former Employee) –  EverywhereApril 30, 2016
Served multiple assignments. Had interesting work and a variety of experiences throughout my career. Would not recommend if you don't like moving around.
Best Experience to Develop a Variety of Skills
Asset Management / Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Mafb Gun Annx, ALApril 29, 2016
In a typical work day I manage five personal and we process IT assets for the base. (recover, replace, dispose) I have learned mainly that there is always multiple ways to solve a issue and a lot of people have great ideas. I have also learned how to manage my personnel and still stay proficient on the job even though I am in a senior level position. I would say that the hardest part of my job is knowing that it is always tomorrow to finish up your work if you were not able too. The most enjoyable part of my job is customer satisfaction and knowing that I have done my job right as well as train my personnel to know their job like the back of their hand.
Pros
Wide Variety of Skill Sets Developed as well as world wide traveler
Cons
Nothing Really
The United States Air Force is a great way of life
Master Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Various; last duty location Shaw AFB, Sumter SCApril 28, 2016
I retired from a colorful and unique career in the USAF after 24 years. I worked hard to serve my country and I enjoyed the technically satisfying job of maintaining classified and unclassified mission critical secure communications circuits. I have also enjoyed the opportunity to do a wide breadth of opportunities most people will never have. I have traveled THE WORLD (Europe and Asia). The experience I have is more than anyone can have in any particular field in the civilian sector; as the diversity of environments and tasks I have had to perform can only be rivaled by another, who was also in the military.

"...we live in fame, or go down in flame, hey! Nothing will stop the U.S. Air Force!"
Pros
You are taken care of; steady work and pay
Cons
The steady work can be 12hrs per day and 6 days a week (if deployed), it can also be in challenging environments
Challenging and very rewarding
Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Barksdale AFB, LAApril 28, 2016
typical day...everyday something new
great coworkers
hardest part of job is being away from family for long periods
best part of jog...seeing the world
Pros
travel, equal promotion ops
Cons
combat, family separation
An amazing work place
Inspections / Quality Control Program Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 28, 2016
Best place to establish a career. The Air Force provides you ample opportunities to learn and different experiences no other organization can offer.
Pros
Outstanding benefits and opportunities
Nice secure job
Squadron Aviation Resource Management Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TXApril 28, 2016
Expanding culture and great benefits. They have a great people first mentality, and focused on being able to do more with less.
Great Opportunity to Serve and Develop Leadership Skills
Officer (Current Employee) –  Lackland AFB, TXApril 28, 2016
Great organization with opportunity to grow and lead. Super leaderhip, great co-workers, great mission-impact the security of the nation. 1% of the nation serves and airman are given the opportunity to lead and have a great impact on success.

Want to know more about U.S. Air Force?

Ask a question
Great place
Staff Sargent (Former Employee) –  Travis AFB, CAApril 28, 2016
Great food and Great housing. I loved servicing in the Air Force. I wish every kid had a chance to serve in the military. It is a great place to grow up.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Little freedom to free think
Great place to start and finish
Coop Machinist / Welder (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAApril 27, 2016
The experience I gained working at the Air Force Base is 2nd to none. This was a great place to learn how to be a machinist and work in a very professional environment.
Pros
Great People
Great
Lead Shift Engine Technician/Flying Mechanic E4-B (Former Employee) –  Offutt AFB, NEApril 27, 2016
Once in a lifetime experiences. Work was sometimes strenuous but it was well worth the effort. Definitely wouldn't trade the time or do anything differnt
Best Years of my life
Staff Sergeant - Security Forces - Element Leader (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 27, 2016
Good learning environment with the training to set you up for success for the rest of your life. A True brother/sisterhood with those you serve with.
Benefits
Cons
Separation from family
Served with honor and integrity
Quality Assurance Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Minot, ND 58704April 27, 2016
It was the best ten years of my life. I learned may different skills that i hope to bring to my next work environment. Military life is not for everyone, and i am proud to have been able to serve my country.
Good For Everyone
Network Integration Technician (Current Employee) –  GlobalApril 27, 2016
A great experience for someone who wants structure in their lives and a high speed environment. It has been a great opportunity
Awesome Experience
Munitions Storage Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Beale AFB, CAApril 27, 2016
I got to travel and worked with a lot of great people along the way. Learned great time management, discipline, respect, and attention to detail.
Great Job
Section Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Offutt AFB, NEApril 27, 2016
It was a great job, but a lot depended on command. If there was great command it was a great job and vice versa. I left the AF due to pregnancy. I was to deploy when my child was 6 months old while my husband was on a year deployment. Our children would have had to stay with grandparents for 6+ months.
Military
Asst. Chief - Alert Force Mgmt E4 (Former Employee) –  GuamApril 26, 2016
Early mornings, training. Commitments, team work and team building. Health benefits. Retirement opportunity. Travel. Adaptability to new people and places. A sense of belonging
Great
Air Crew EGRESS Technician (Current Employee) –  Ellsworth AFB, SDApril 26, 2016
Great working environment. Lots of patriotism and volunteer opportunities. Good pay and lots of extra benefits for deploymeny, marriage, etc. Love working here

4.6