U.S. Air Force
5,508 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

productivity, time management and amazing experience
Finance Manager (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCAugust 30, 2014
Great learning experience from time management to leadership to difference skill and learning experience/
Fulfilling Career
Geospatial Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), N/AAugust 30, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: constant travel
Extremely fulfilling career that was constantly changing with very little monotony.
Service to My Country
Communications Engineering Officer (Former Employee), Multiple LocationsAugust 29, 2014
Pros: protecting the country is the most rewarding work a citizen can accomplish
Cons: time away from family
You cannot get a better job than serving your country. The mission of protecting and securing our nation is the greatest mission in the world.
Be ready to change your lifestyle.
Quality Assurance Evaluator (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COAugust 29, 2014
Pros: medical benefits and travel
Cons: lack of control over life and no real focus on people.
Very demanding lifestyle that takes you away from your family with little to no control over your life.
Fast paced and never the same
Air Traffic Control Watch Supervisor (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVAugust 28, 2014
Pros: benefits
Cons: being in iraq
I feel I left the Air Force as a highly trained, capable, productive adult. Although I departed, under honorable conditions, I loved every minute of it. Even if I didn't realize it at the time. The hardest part was being away from family at times. The best part was seeing places I never thought I'd go.
Workplace
Recruiter (Former Employee), Dover, DEAugust 28, 2014
Pros: office partners professionalism
Cons: not being able to work 24 hours
My day starts with a inspiring chant. After getting pumped up, I continue the rest of my day with the upmost professionalism and ensuring that my number one objective is taking care of my customers.
Excellent
US Airman (Current Employee), Hanscom AFB, MAAugust 28, 2014
Pros: free tuition, military discounts, great healthcare, family
Cons: 6 month deployments, separation, no lunch break
On a typical day at work while I was a patrolman I would complete everyday community policing. As a visitor center clerk I would write visitor passes for base visitors.
While I was a patrolman/entry controller I learned how to interact with people on a daily basis. I learned how to conduct interviews with people suspected of military crimes. I also – more... learned how to take apart weapons, clean and issue them to police officials. I learned how to communicate quickly and efficiently on a two way radio. I learned about the different types of illegal substances and how to identify them. I also learned how to direct traffic to avoid accidents. I learned how to conduct handcuffing and searching.
While I was a visitor center clerk I learned how to provide customer service to people in need. I also learned how to conduct criminal history checks on all base visitors. Also I learned how to make spreadsheets of base visitors.
The military management system works well. Its called chain of command. If you had an issue you talk to your direct supervisor. If you had a problem with your supervisor you would bring it to his/or her supervisor.
The military community is a close one. From the day I joined basic military training I've been a part of a family. My co-workers were like my family when I was a patrolman and visitor center clerk as well. We had to know if our co-workers had our backs if we were in trouble.
The hardest part of the job was fear of failure. If we failed an exercise we lost the job then had to train again to get the job back.
The most enjoyable part of the job was working with family. Because my co-workers and I were so close I felt more comfortable working in that environment. – less
best experience of my life
Security Forces Member (Former Employee), MacDill AFB, FLAugust 28, 2014
show up for gaurdmount (roll call) report to my post and relieve prior shift and performed my assigned duties . hardest part was being on the opposite side of the country than my family. most enjoyable was seving my country and protecting our rights and freedom
enjoyable experience shaped future mind set
Television equipment repair (Former Employee), Washington, DCAugust 28, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: missing loved ones
always learning
how to work with others
management gave opportunity to showcase talent
fun to work with
no real hard parts
troubleshooting equipment
Military Environment
Product Manager, Principal System Manager (Former Employee), OhioAugust 28, 2014
Pros: good cafeterias on base
Cons: living away from home
Very Long Days
A lot about Government Life
I Worked For The commanding General
Good Co-Workers
Long Hours, I had to Live away from my Family on an Air Force Base
Working For The Government
DOD Police
Police Officer (Current Employee), Charleston, SCAugust 28, 2014
Well being a DOD police consist of a strict routine of reporting for duty, receiving daily pass downs, patrolling the base, doing check, responding to calls and completing reports. My coworkers are fun and we have to work together because we never know what could happen on any given day. The hardest part of the job is the lack of man power and regularly – more... scheduled training, and or an FTO- field training officer program. I most enjoy helping customers work through difficult situations and being a representative of public service for families on the post. – less
Great chance to travel and see the world
Fire Protection Specialist (Former Employee), Around the GlobeAugust 27, 2014
Pros: benifits
Definitely a life changing experience. I would recommend it to anyone looking to serve their country.
USAF
Digital Network Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXAugust 27, 2014
Pros: stable hours, set lunch times, strong teamwork to accomplish tasks, professionalism in the workplace.
Cons: n/a
I go into work and we reviewed intelligence/productivity gained over the previous shift to set goals for the next shift, afterwards I would go about my daily obligations then set out to complete short and long term goals needed for productivity. We worked as a team and everyone was very professional and managed time well. The hardest part of the job – more... were quick deadlines to complete a task however it wast also the most rewarding once accomplished. – less
Poor place of employment
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee), Schriever AFB, COAugust 27, 2014
Position had no direct specific supervision. Department had little direction and support. Position did not meet career goals.
Great life learning experience.
Food Services Specialist (Former Employee), Eielson AFB, AKAugust 26, 2014
Pros: benefits, teamwork, order, discipline.
Cons: hours and balancing your regular life and work.
In this job I learned a lot about life management along with other skills more focused on the specific job. You grow up and completely become an adult in the military life. You learn how to be quick, have great attention to detail, take action in hard, stressful situations, within other great skills and abilities that are instilled within you.
Providing customer service to the highest of my ability while serving my country.
Personnelist (Current Employee), Peru, INAugust 26, 2014
Pros: healthcare, culture, gains a plethora of experience, job security
Cons: distance, hours
Supervises and performs personnel activities and functions, including personnel action requests; source documents;
unit, field, and master personnel records; and Commanders Support Staff (CSS) tasks. Interviews and classifies airmen
and officers. Advises on career progression. Updates military personnel data system (PDS) records. Manages Air Force
retention – more... programs, assists military personnel in making career decisions, and advises on benefit programs. Ensures
compliance with personnel policies, directives, and procedures. – less
Great experience with excellent job satisfaction!
Security Forces Team Leader (Former Employee), Malmstrom AFB, MTAugust 26, 2014
Pros: cheapest insurance around, free housing and a 401k program.
Cons: frequent travel, inconsistent leadership and lack of freedom
I won't talk about a typical day because everyday is a little different than the one before. I can tell you that the experience is well worth it as long as you're willing to work at it.
you learn a lot about leadership if you're willing to apply the effort. you learn more about followership if you're not. Every career field is different, but in mine – more... i learned about security and the principles involved with maintaining resource/base defense. I also learned how to design policy that reflects these principles into action. and though it does tend to get boring you have the opportunity to meet people, and the people are the best part! I will never meet a more diverse/interesting group of people, which was one of the hardest reasons for me to leave.
The hardest part of the job is constantly leaving but you get used to that like you do all other contents of life. That and you must give up some liberties that most other Americans enjoy. But as i said before, the people make the job awesome! You take care of them and they take care of you, the purest concept of a team. People i met at my first base are still some of my best friends and that was ten years ago. However, the satisfaction of knowing you're on a team of that magnitude, with so much importance resting on you and your success will be a defining experience for all who are willing to put forth the effort! – less
Miss working here
Lead Reporter (Former Employee), Denver, COAugust 25, 2014
Love the job, enjoyed the atmosphere, great place to work, enjoying have a family away from family. Coolest job I have ever had, and can never talk about.
Project Manager
Cyber Intelligence Watch Officer (Current Employee), san antonio, txAugust 25, 2014
Pros: culture
Cons: location
Project manager for intel projects. Managing several enlisted troops as well.
Oppotunity for education/great comraderie with members/travel opportunities/structure/family oriented
Logistics Management Supervisor/Technical Sergeant (Former Employee), Various Global locations Japan, Korea, GermanyAugust 25, 2014
Pros: free health care and affordable for family/travel opportunities/training/career progression
Cons: short notice deployments/ less family time/standy duty
I enjoyed my years with the Air Force which gave me many opportunities within my career. This organization really gives you a sense of purpose and motivates you to take pride in what you do. There was career progression and growth, traveled to over 15 countries, and accomplished advancement in education. Had the opportunity to work with some awesome – more... leaders who have mentored and continue to mentor me. When weighing in on the cons, there are times when you will be away from family as well as dealing with short notice deployments or tdys. There are some trade off's for sure. Although i enjoyed my time, i would like to venture off and learn some new skills sets in the civilian sector. – less

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more