U.S. Air Force
7,057 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

Fast paced and productive environment. Strong values and no rest for the best.
Service Academy Instructor (Former Employee), Fort Lee, VAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Life experience, education and benefits
Cons: time from family and friends, Casualties and long long hours
My job was very diverse. I could be working in a fitness center one moment and the next be asked to pall bear a casket. My time in the service has given me the ability to go with the flow as well as taught me to follow the rules to a tee. I work well with others and sometimes even better alone, but I am a very dedicated individual with a lot of passion behind whatever it is that I am doing. I love people and that was probably the most enjoyable part of my job.
great work enviorment
Vehicle maintenance Journeyman (Former Employee), Moody AFB, GAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: serve your country
Cons: dont pick where you live
typical day at work consited of doing minor maintence to any of the Air Forces assests. great enivorment to work at. i learned alot while i was in from other co workers and supervisors.
100%
Client System Support Technician (Former Employee), Hurlburt Field, FLMarch 30, 2015
I enjoyed my years in the Air Force. If I could do it all over again I would but I currently enjoy being a civilian. Benefits were great where can you beat paid medical/dental, housing allowance, subsistence allowance.
Air Force
Air Transportation Operation Center Supervisor (Former Employee), Little Rock AFB, ARMarch 30, 2015
I would and have told other people to join the Air Force. It teaches you a skill which you can grow with in the future. The best part of the Air Force is the people you work with.
US AIR FORCE
Firefighter/EMT (Former Employee), Fairchild AFB, WAMarch 29, 2015
IF YOU HAVE DECENT SUPERIORS THIS CAN BECAME AN AMAZING CAREER, THE USAF FIRE DEPARTMENT IS DEFINITELY A DREAM JOB. I REALLY ENJOYED EVERYTHING BUT THE POLITICS.
Amazing
Manager of Deployment Training (Current Employee), Grand Forks AFB, NDMarch 29, 2015
I love the military and I love the people I work with. I enjoyed learning something new every single day and learning how to apply my problem solving skills to the multiple scenarios that you are faced with ever day. Being able to lead people in the military is an extremely rewarding thing that was helped me to understand how to better managed individuals and groups alike.
Military
System Control Supervisor/Mobility Readiness NCOIC (Former Employee), Macon GAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Loved the job
Cons: Leadership was poor
The opportunity to work for my country was a pleasure. I loved everything about the military. I loved working for the USAF, the quality of life focusing on welfare ad morale is what a truly love about USAF.
Summary- Air Force
Knowledge Operator (Current Employee), LacklandMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Hour lunch great staff
Cons: Seasonal training
Knowledge Operator
x
ICU Clinical Nurse (Current Employee), Travis AFB CAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: x
Cons: x
Very rewarding position working with the Military Retirees..an absolute honor. Excellent leadership here and well managed units. Supplies are always available and if needed the supply clerk will order samples on-request. The physicians are very professional and approachable.and always available when needed.
A great place to work.
Fuels Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Minot, NDMarch 28, 2015
Working in the worlds #1 Air Force gave me a great sense of mission accomplishment & being. I learned that nothing is impossible with the right attitude.
Great
Functional Area Manager (Current Employee), Bossier City, LAMarch 27, 2015
Great way to establish a career and serve your country, while traveling throughout the world see many different cultures and getting an education.
Air Force work ethic
Structural Engineer (Former Employee), Eielson AFB, AKMarch 27, 2015
In my 11 years as an active duty Air Force structural craftsman I gained a great amount of knowledge and experience. As I progressed through the ranks, I was challenged with greater responsibilities and leading teams to complete tasks that were assigned to me. I always rose to these challenges and gained a great leadership mentality and ability to get the job done on time and 100% correct.
Amazing Start on life
Safety and Compliance Manager (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 26, 2015
The air force is definitely worth it if you are getting into it directly after high school or college. I think that the management skills they instill on you is well worth the sacrifice of joining.
Structured
E-3 Airman 1st Class (Current Employee), Knob Noster, MOMarch 26, 2015
Pros: structured
Cons: away from the family
The military broke me down then molded me to where they wanted me to be. There is nothing wrong with that. I enjoyed my time during active duty with the military. It was very structured and organized. That has stayed with me even after going inactive.
Productive and Professional work place
Apprentice air transportation (Current Employee), Homestead, FLMarch 26, 2015
Working in the Air Force has really helped me in improving my life style by making me a hard worker, very punctual, and making the Air Force core values my own. Those core values are, Integrity, Service before self, and Excellence in all we do.
Great Opportunities
MANAGER/SUPERVISOR/MEDICAL TECHNICIAN (Former Employee), various duty stations state side and overseasMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Beneftis
Cons: being away from family for extended periods of time
The effort you put in to the day is the reward you receive when you finish the day. It is more than just a job, it is a way of life. To be at the beckon call of the country for its defense is an ultimate responsibility that cannot be taken lightly. I was in charge of many and served under many. There are amble opportunities to change your destiny. If you desire to travel, you can. If you choose to change careers, you are able. I retired in 2001 and many things have changed since then, but one thing remains constant. The pride of serving the greatest country in the world will always be the same.
Man Up!
Tactical Aircraft Maintenance Craftsman (Former Employee), Eglin AFB, FLMarch 26, 2015
Pros: Being a Man
Cons: Having to be your best
Join the AF! The best of the best are there waiting for you. Stop fooling around at some lame job and go get some real skills! Get educated, get experience, get a real job, make some money, and live a good life; this is the result of joining the AF!
Great Opportunity
Deputy Program Manager (Current Employee), Rome, NYMarch 25, 2015
Serving in the U.S. Air Force was a great opportunity! I feel honored to have been part of such a terrific organization. While there are aspects of the service I believe needs to be changed, overall, my good experiences far outnumbered the bad.
working with other people in both the public and US Air Force
Contracting Officer (Former Employee), Washington, DCMarch 25, 2015
Pros: Working with others
Cons: Long hours
During my 13 years of working with Government contracts, I Prepared bidding documents by entering and retrieving information from the Department's software programs. Collects all pertinent special provisions, including appropriate wage rates, group ties, general conditions, special conditions and agreements for inclusion in the contracts. Reviews and checks for errors on all applicable special and standard plans, accuracy of quantities, stationing, conformance and legal and departmental requirements. Types all kinds of materials and specifications conforming with standard specifications, highway construction plans, computations, memorandums and special provisions submitted by the department's licensed engineers and consulting engineers for highway and building construction projects. Processes documents and information pertaining to the bid process for posting on the department's website. Checks and processes detailed cost estimates and project agreement estimates. Performs final review on all highway and building construction documents before release to the contracting industry. Processes addenda and issues to prospective bidders. Orders plans and issues bidding proposals to contractors enabling them to submit bids on highway and building construction projects. Creates the electronic bidding file for posting on the website for each letting and processes these electronic bids on letting day into the department's computer system. Trains and instructs contracting industry to use agency required electronic bid software. Assists in letting day activities. I'm a team player and was a First Sergeant and Superintendent of Contracting Squadrons of apout 40 – 50 people
Allowed for personal and mental growth
Public Health Technician (Current Employee), Altus, OklahomaMarch 25, 2015
Situations I dealt with in the Air Force have more than improved my mental sharpness, situational awareness, and stress management skills.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more

U.S. Air Force Salaries