U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews in United States

Found 11,204 reviews matching the search
Challenging and exciting place to work
Manager Facilities Mechanical Systems (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 30, 2016
The work was very fast-paced. I had to manage my time well in order to keep up. I was constantly leaving the office to visit job sites and conducting facility condition assessments. I was constantly kept on my toes and I would learn something new almost every day.
Productive Work Place
USAF Military Working Dog Handler (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKAugust 30, 2016
Leadership and Mentoring. Worked various shifts and traveled to various locations. Certified Handlers Course and Kennel Masters Course. Was stationed at Anchorage, Alaska and Aviano Air Force Base, Italy.
Benefits
Cons
Over 12 hr work days
Worth it
Base Equipment Custodian Lead (Former Employee) –  Eglin AFB, FLAugust 30, 2016
I will never regret the decision to joint the United States Air Force, the good comes with the bad. Take advantage of all your opportunities. You will meet great people that will change your life. Hardest part is being away from the ones you love.
Pros
Serving your country
Cons
being away from family
Military summary
Aircraft Part Store Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Mountain Home, IDAugust 29, 2016
The military is a great startup for anyone who is looking to gain some applicable real-world, job experience that can transfer over onto the private sector.
Pros
great benefits, applicable work experience
Cons
can deploy at a moments notice and have to have all of your personal things in order
Best Job
Staff Sergeant (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaAugust 29, 2016
I spent almost ten years as a loadmaster on the C-17A. It was the best job and the memories will last forever. From travel, to education, the Air Force provided outstanding benefits. An absolutely amazing job.
Great!
Services Sustainment Journeyman- GS (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 29, 2016
Great place to work! You get to travel the world. One of the best jobs I ever had with great experiences and benefits. I love it and you get to serve your country.
Pros
Travel everywhere
Cons
Busy
Educate mid-level supervisors
Non Commissioned Officer Academy Instructor (Former Employee) –  Wichita Falls, TX 76309August 29, 2016
Great job! Teach the Air Force's mid-level supervisors how to manage new work center teams. Teach team building skills, communication skills, and problem solving skills.
Pros
Great Job!
Get ready to deploy!
Aircraft Electrical Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Shaw AFB, SCAugust 29, 2016
Toxic leadership and the constant need to find ways to separate your skilled airmen. More with less can only work for so long! It has truly turned into a one mistake air force.
What you'd expect from military service. There's really nothing more to say about it.
Airman Basic (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 29, 2016
It's was what it was. You did what your supposed to do and if you didn't, you got punished. There nothing more to said really.
Usaf
Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 29, 2016
Every job is different, but the ability to advance exists in every career field. The pay and benefits are better than most corporate companies. Many times you work in joint environments so you re exposed to other military branches and various contracting companies as well.
Benefits
Cons
Long hours, varying schedule, time away from family
Fast paced
operations control, Unit Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Homestead, FLAugust 29, 2016
Fast paced, Constant learning environment. Traveling around the world was an exciting experience. Got to see first hand other cultures and had the opportunity to work with people from all over the world.
The military is a great opportunity, but not meant to raise children in that environment
Health Services Management Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Multiple locationsAugust 29, 2016
My time in the Air Force was great! The travel, experiences, and people I encountered all prepared me for a well rounded lifestyle later on in life. It is an environment that is great, but not meant to raise children, as you could be called away at a moment's notice, and all the moving around every few years could make it tough on a child having to readjust so many times.
Proud to Serve
Maintenance Command Center Controller (Current Employee) –  Nellis AFB, NV 89191August 29, 2016
The USAF is an awarding and worth while career. The core values integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do.
Not for everyone but very educational and developmentally broadening.
Training NCO for two units (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKAugust 29, 2016
Very good training programs.
Extensive travel opportunities.
Facilities well maintained to support all personnel.
Recognition for performance above expectations.
Pros
Many organized activities outside the workplace.
Cons
The mission comes first and is does not always coincide with personal desires.
enjoyed all wish i could do it all over again,traveled the world
Jet Engine Technician Various Locations (Former Employee) –  world wideAugust 28, 2016
best 20 years of my life love to do in again; they give you the oppertunity to be your self and advance;gave one oppertunity to advance at ones on level,gives one the chance to excell,where othere corperations wont
United States Air Force
Superintendent of the Training Management Office (Current Employee) –  Seymour-Johnson AFB, NCAugust 28, 2016
I Perform one of the most critical jobs in the US Air Force to ensure it's members receive the proper training before performing their jobs or moving on to the next step in their career. It is vital that members of the US Air Force receive the proper training to complete the mission and defend our way of life.
Pros
Working with a diverse group from all walks of life.
Cons
The freedoms surrendered to fight for other's freedoms.
Awesome Service
Section Leader (Current Employee) –  DM AFB, AZAugust 28, 2016
The USAF was a great experience. Skills training, job rotation opportunities, and a fair promotion system have been my favorite aspects of my USAF career
Miss the military
Aircraft Structural Maintenance Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Watertown, SDAugust 27, 2016
serving 7 years and when I got out thought it was great but now I see that I really loved it and I do miss the military. If you can deal with some politics the military is perfect to get out and see the world and serve your country.
Challenging.
Radiology Tech/ Patient Advocate (Former Employee) –  Barksdale AFB, LAAugust 26, 2016
Gives you great values as well as being able to strive in highly challenging positions. A lot of moving can be involved, getting to see a lot of the world.
Pros
challenging work
Na
Air Force One Complex Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Andrews AFB, MDAugust 26, 2016
I enjoyed my time serving the United States of America in the Air Force. I was able to gain valuable experience in security operations

4.6