U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Found 12,958 reviews matching the search
See the world and get paid for it
Public Health Journeyman (Former Employee) –  world wideApril 28, 2017
Every young person should join the military and receive the benefits from it! Retiring from the military is the best thing that I have ever done. You receive your retirement pay immediately after you retire.
An experience like no other
Academy Public Affairs Media Relations Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COApril 28, 2017
The lessons learned on the job will be the kind you keep with you always. Public Relations at the Air Force Academy prepares you for challenges unique to a military and education environment.
I love my beloved Air Force
Tactical Aircraft Maintenance Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Hill AFB, UTApril 28, 2017
It was amazing getting to see parts of the world I would have never had the chance to otherwise all while working on F-16 Fighter Jets in the baddest squadron on the planet, the 421FS Black Widows.
the most enjoyable part of the job
RPA Sensor Operator (Former Employee) –  Holloman AFB, NMApril 28, 2017
The best part of the job is to stand for something bigger than yourself. Fight for the freedoms of Americans. Flying everyday is also a great experience.
Pros
full health coverage travel covered food and lodging covered
Cons
constantly busy no time for work/life if your active duty
Stressful but rewarding
Staff Sergeant Security Forces (Current Employee) –  Columbus, MSApril 28, 2017
this was a stressful yet fulfilling job. The hours were demanding and there was a lot of extra hours. The expectations were high and very difficult to maintain.
Fun place to work... time to branch out.
Interface Control Technician (Current Employee) –  Hill AFB, UTApril 28, 2017
Typical day at work was anywhere from 7:30 to 5. Depended on what exercises were going on and how many hours we needed to get the job done.

I have worked here for 6 years now and I have thoroughly enjoyed it, but I am ready to move on and explore other avenues.
Excellent
Recruiter & Retention Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 28, 2017
Great place to work if you are interested in making a difference in peoples lives, then this is a great career choice. Hours can be long but it's worth it in the end.
Interesting work
Assistant Air Field Manager (Former Employee) –  Westhampton, NYApril 28, 2017
It was a very intersting job. The unfortunate part of the job was that the airfield was shared with the civilian side so they did most of the airfield repair and we took care of the military side, which isn't that big if you saw the layout of the airfield.
Pros
Military
Cons
mostly sat at a desk
OK job with great benefits
C-17 Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Charleston, SCApril 28, 2017
Basic Training is not as bad as people say, then you get to your home station and as long as you do your job efficiently, there are never any issues. And the benefits are great.
military assignment
Licensed Vocational Nurse (Former Employee) –  Travis AFB, CAApril 27, 2017
active duty subjected to whatever the government decides your job description is. no complaining, you signed up for this.
tightest team you will ever have. will change your life
Good experience
Metals Technology Journeyman (Current Employee) –  Minot, ND 58701April 27, 2017
Workdays depend on base and aircraft. This is also true for management and workplace culture as well. That is all I have to say about working in the military.
Usaf
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Whiteman AFB, MOApril 27, 2017
My experience in the United States Air Force was fulfilling and GREAT! There were bad and good days but the GOOD truly out weighed all the bad. Would I do it again YES.
Sacrifice for a Helicopter life
Helicopter Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMApril 27, 2017
What do you do or want to do with your life?

I became a Helicopter Mechanic, before computers were in the office. The Air Force Helicopters are for Combat search and rescue and add on top of the the Air Force Special Operations requirements.

On the Go and around the world,
Weither it was traveling over Europe after the "Wall" fell. I saw hard work days of 12-16 hr days back to back with no days off for 45-90 days. I had good maintenance managers whom came from flight line.

It felt good to know we were helping others countries. Knowing as we were assets is the world we could respond around the world to almost service calls.

The military service is a different world, there was training challenges, world battle challenges.
A life like this teaches you about completeness, disapline, question authority, business processes, Flux and change in day to day life.

The hardest part of the life in the Air Force was leaving the life, the many different people and the work that was asked of me. I had time I turned a wrench in blistering heat or freezing cold, to working in the office with directing men to jobs and educating them on there jobs duties, evaluating and following supervisors daily goals.

I am proud that I was able to last as long as I did in my helicopter career, the challenges and sacrifices.
Pros
Serving with honor and being part of a good team.
Cons
Physical pushes past ones limits vs mother natures weather.
understaffed, Not enough GSE equipment to go around, Hectic work pace, Good commaraderie, Good Technical trainng
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Different bases around the worldApril 27, 2017
Would do it again if given the chance to do it over again. First duty station was a frantic mess but once I left there and went other places it got better.
Pros
Free housing (if you can stand who you get stuck with as roomamtes!) 3 meals a day
Cons
You are owned 24/7, You are a peice of government property.
amazeing
Aerospace Propulsion Technician (Former Employee) –  HawaiiApril 27, 2017
it was a honor to serve. I did so many thing while I was there. I highly recommend this service to anyone.a 4 yyear commitment is recommended. I was an aircraft mechanic and loved my job.
It's a great place to work. I like the military culture.
Medical Records Technician/Release of Information (Current Employee) –  WPAFB, OHApril 27, 2017
It's a great place to work. I enjoy the military culture and working with our servicemen and women. It is a very respectful culture and can also be a lot of fun.
Pros
Helping patients and active duty members
Cons
Armament Support Section Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 27, 2017
Loading missiles and other things. I was a part of the maintenance squadron. I also did computer work. when it gets too hot outside. it was a great job but I needed try something else.
Various types of work.
Command Post Controller (Former Employee) –  Travis AFB, CAApril 27, 2017
Work can be varied depending on job or location. Typically using computer and computer programs. Occasionally traveling to various places (worldwide).Training constantly and gaining career and professional knowledge. Testing for promotions and taking on greater responsibilities. Physical conditioning and maintenance is required. Camaraderie with everyone is great.
Pros
Travel, benefits, security.
Cons
Must be promoted or reach high year of tenure and separation is required., Must maintain fitness standards.
great
AEROSPACE MAINTAINER (Former Employee) –  Apollo Beach, FLApril 27, 2017
The United States Air Force teaches you a lot about life. It turns you from a boy or girl to a man or women pretty quickly. The culture is great and you get to work with people you wouldn't ordinarily.
Usaf
Flight Operational Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 27, 2017
Best job in the World. I would recommend everyone to at least to serve in the military. The hardest job about the military was being away from family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6