U.S. Air Force

7.9K reviews

U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Exciting
Management analyst and Team Leader (Former Employee), EverywhereAugust 2, 2015
Pros: Free travel
Cons: Moving last minute
A typical day involves every day work then exercise. I learned a lot about life from the military life traveling around the world. My co-workers are life long friends. The hardest part of the job was last minutes notices to move across the world. The most enjoyable part was traveling to different countries.
Structured and fun workplace
Flight Supervisor (Former Employee), Hurlburtg Field Air Base, FWB, FLAugust 2, 2015
Traveled all over the world meeting and engaging in different cultures. Protected personnel and property and worked with many outside agencies.
Exciting and fulfilling work.
Logistics Coordinator (Former Employee), Elmendorf AFB, AKAugust 2, 2015
Working in the Air Force in Alaska I learned the pleasure that comes with for filling the mission given to you, whether it being filling up that truck that is getting sent to another base or helping out on a deployment. I learned how to do practical applications like forklift driving, packaging, shipping, labeling, and working with masses of products that need to be moved out.
security forces (Former Employee), Dover, DEAugust 1, 2015
Pros: military benefits
Cons: long hours
depends on what job you have and talk to Air Force recruiter. Security forces long hours but work is really easy and able to travel the world and see new things and people.
Security Forces Member (Former Employee), Minot AFB, NDAugust 1, 2015
I was a security forces member in the Air Force. I worked more than anything else i had going on in my life. Time off was a joke but your whole life revolved around the job. Sadly, i miss it. the job was a lot of fun and adventure. Never a dull moment and the people i worked with were the best. 791 SFS convoys.
I would never trade the experience
First Sergeant or HR Manager (Current Employee), Spokane, WAAugust 1, 2015
Although their were deployments and TDY's the Air Force is a great place to start a career even if you do not want to stay for 20 years. I think it allows younger individuals the time to grow up and still complete college if they do want to earn a degree. If you have a family it can be difficult and stressful at times but if you have stable relationship the Air Force can be a rewarding career.
Where stuff happens
Vehicle Operator (Former Employee), Minot, NDAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Amazing Benefits.
Cons: Too many bosses.
Great benefits and life experience. Hard to get any other experiences to compare to the one in the military, there isn't anything like it. Some good, some bad experiences. Overall I would suggest to anyone who can get through bootcamp to join.
Great experience
Logistics Manager (Current Employee), Pope AFBAugust 1, 2015
Load and unload aircraft for USAF missions. Learned a lot about logistics and smart cost saving duties. Hardest part of job was working in the hot weather other than that it was a great experience.
Very Family Oriented and flexible.
Secretary (Former Employee), Nellis AFB, NVAugust 1, 2015
Pros: Flexibility
My typical day started at 7:30 and ended at 4:30. These are great hours while my kids are in school. I love the flexibility if my children or myself have DR appts and I need to leave work. With my husband being active duty they best understand the struggle.

My management team is incredible! They were always looking to push me to learn new things such as Resource Adviser to help me advance in my career.

The hardest part of my day is getting certain Commander's to cooperate but that's made up for the laughs my team members put on my face.
Stressful
Client Systems Technician (Current Employee), Whiteman AFB, MOAugust 1, 2015
It is a very stressful environment. There is no room for error. This can cause serious problems. You can get good leaders and bad leaders. Everyone is only looking out for themselves.
Military
Base Defense Operations Center Controller (Former Employee), Beale AFB, CAAugust 1, 2015
Pros: great benefits
Cons: long work hours
It was a fast paced, stressful environment that usually followed me home. I learned a lot about security and management. Hardest part of the job was waking up at 2am everyday to make it to work on-time.
Excellent Opportunity
Electrical Technician (Current Employee), JPCJuly 31, 2015
One of the greatest decisions I have ever made. The Air Force provides a great opportunity to strive to complete personal goals along with organizational goals .
Excellent training and travel opportunities with unbeatable benefits.
Facilities Superintendent/ Team Leader (Former Employee), WorldwideJuly 31, 2015
Pros: 30-days leave per year is excellent! Medical and retirement benefits unmatched!
Cons: Being in a wartime environment is never good.
Military life is well structured and gives you a great foundation for a skill and the opportunity to become an expert at your job. Excellent benefits across the board. Opportunities to see the world.
Whiteman AFB
CONTROL SECTION MANAGER (Former Employee), Whiteman AFB, MOJuly 31, 2015
My time as Control Section Manager was filled with challenges everyday My day usually started around 6:00 AM and ended at 6:00 PM, Monday-Friday. While performing in this capacity I learned the responsibilities of senior management processes while overseeing the day to day operations of my unit and it's personnel. The hardest part of my job was balancing the needs of all the sections as well as the needs of outside agencies. The best part of my job were the people that worked for me. As difficult as it can be, the right attitudes can conquered even the most difficult tasks.
Productive and fun place with basketball hoop.
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 31, 2015
While there wasn't much room for advancement, the job was easy and the team was more like a family. Everyone had each other's back. The Management team was exceptional.
Daily Duty
Senior Functional Specialist (Current Employee), Hanscom AFB, MAJuly 31, 2015
Manage continuous updates to databases, phone lists, recall rosters, etc.
• Create and manage Action Item/Suspense process and database, monitor daily, add/close, etc.
• Back up data manager; download CDRL files for the team, send files to distribution lists
• Work independent tasking’s such as: SGN/AF7 connectivity. Have all the players and will be moving forward
A great starting point
Procurement Contracting Officer (PCO) (Current Employee), Luke AFB, AZJuly 31, 2015
Pros: great beneits, job security, perdictable pay
Cons: long unperdicatable hours, high stress
Its a great way to start your career and get the experience. In the long term though it create significant strain on your career, progression, and family.
Great Career
Centralized Repair Network Manager (Current Employee), Langley AFB, VAJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Stability and benefits.
Cons: Lack of freedom, it's the military after all.
Air Force career was very rewarding. Allowed me to see the world, get an education, and provided great benefits. If you take advantage of opportunities and prepare early for retirement (second career) it can be a great experience.
Productive and fun workplace
Management Analyst - Staff Sergeant (SSgt) (Former Employee), Keesler AFB, MSJuly 31, 2015
Pros: High Morale, Supportive
Working in the Air Force as a Management Analyst was rewarding, fun, challenging, fulfilling, and interesting. Management was committed to professionally developing their people and ensuring they have all the tools they need to complete the mission.
Exciting and amazing journey
Aerospace Science Instructor (Current Employee), Warner Robins, GeorgiaJuly 30, 2015
Serving in the armed forces is an honor full of amazing career opportunities. A person can change their way of life as a member
Headquarters