U.S. Air Force
6,808 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

Early opportunities for leadership experience
Captain - Project Officer (Former Employee), Shaw AFB, SCFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: access to new technologies and training
Cons: travel away from the family.
Developed state of the art command and control systems while working with counterpart representatives from the Navy, Marine Corp, Army and various security agencies.
US Air Force
Ground Radar Systems Supervisor (Current Employee), Minot, NDFebruary 25, 2015
A great place to work. Lots of benefits. Like any job, can be hectic. Opportunities to travel, acquire training and attend school abound.
Rewarding Work
Munitions Systems Craftsman (Former Employee), Nellis AFB, NVFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: working with amazing selfless people
Cons: the work always comes home with you
I worked for the U.S. Air Force as a Munitions Tech. I assembled bombs, missiles, rockets and many other munitions for our pilots to train for wartime. Working with amazing and selfless people is the greatest part of the job. The hardest part was long days and working weekends.
Priviledge to serve my country
MEDIAL ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST (Former Employee), Sheppard AFB TX Eglin AFB FL, Arnold AFB TNFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: too many to mention
Cons: too few to mentoin
It is hard to give a review on the USAF it wasn't just a job, it was my life, I served my country for 15 years and would not change anything about any of my experiences, no matter what the issue was.. It made me a stronger person a better person and a proud person.
An outstanding place to work
Logistics Planner (Former Employee), Various AssignmentFebruary 25, 2015
A great working and learning environment to hone your skills in the career field. Opportunities are provided to work on your leadership skills as well.
FUN
Ground Equipment Mechanic (Current Employee), SJAFB, NCFebruary 25, 2015
WORK WORK WORK. You work hard everyday and you have to earn your paycheck. On call 24/7. The hardest part of the job are the deployments, but its rewarding to serve your country.
Wonderful career serving my country
Radiographic Technician Department Manager (Former Employee), around the worldFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: mold and shaped me into the man i am today.
Cons: not all assignment were great but adapt and overcome
My honor and duty to serve my country for 20 years. Every day was unique and different from the next. Would do it again in a hearbeat!
US Air Force
AircraftTechnician/Program Coordinator (Former Employee), Tucson, AZFebruary 25, 2015
Pros: great pay and benefits
Cons: lack of mentorship and lack of motivation with coworkers
Great place to work with awesome pay and benefits that un-match anyone else. Not very family friendly, but military service comes before yourself always. Management always changed and that was good and bad at times. Fixing machines is my passion, and i got a lot of satisfaction from working there. Co-workers lacked motivation and management wouldn't fix it.
Join if you want to have a noble career and not a big paycheck
Operations Management Craftsman (Former Employee), Sheppard AFB, TexasFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: benefits, pride of service, security of pay
Cons: loss of some individual freedom
I made a very good decision to join because I have received a lot of experience and benefits I normally wouldn’t have received. Pride of service is a real thing. Some individual freedom is given up and of course discipline is ever present in a well run unit.
Awesome time in the United States Air Force
Aircraft Maintenance Instructor (Former Employee), Luke AFB, AZFebruary 24, 2015
The Air Force has been great, I'm just ready to move on and hopefully use my skills, knowledge and expertise in a new career that's right for me.
Great Job While in Military, Opportunity at Any AFB Location
Sergeant, Weather Equipment Technician (Former Employee), Carswell AFB, Fort Worth TXFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: learned a skill
Cons: lots of tactical events during cold war period
Every male should enlist in military, I learned to be on time, follow instructions and support my manager, life skills that are necessary. Took advantage of GI bill to attend and finish college.
Security Forces Law enforcement officer (Current Employee), Youngstown, OHFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: personnel
Cons: healthcare
A typical day either started early morning or in the afternoon. Learned customer service, serving skills, and use of computers Management was approachable and always there when needed. Co-workers were willing to help out when it was needed. Hardest part was losing customers when unsatisfied. The learning experience it gave me with dealing with all different types of people.
Excellent Career
Manager (Former Employee), SumterFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: benefits, retirement
Cons: high ops tempo, deployments
Best branch of armed forces with respect to quality of life. Great opportunities to advance and development marketable skills.
Excellent Career Choice
ISR Integration (Current Employee), Washington DCFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: offers early leadership opportunities, good pay and benefits at retirement, good professional and personal education opportunities, base facilities, and health care benefits, opportunities to travel to or reside in other states and countries.
Cons: long work hours, multiple deployments are the norm, you won't always be stationed where you want to be or do what you want to do.
Intellectually challenging and solution-oriented staff position with an opportunity to impact how niche DoD acquisition and operations are integrated into Services' and Commands' plans and strategy.
Great Job if You Can Take the Stress
Manager/Analyst (Former Employee), Multiple locationsFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: pride, education, training, travel
Cons: stress and impact on home life
There were many opportunities to excel and advance, until the downsizing. Most people are team players. Most officers are dedicated to doing a good job. However, watch out of the bad ones.
Exciting job
Geospatial Intelligence Analyst Supervisor (Current Employee), Langley AFB, VAFebruary 24, 2015
The job that I am currently working at is very demanding and always changing. However, I enjoying working in the environment that I am currently in.
I felt Challenged and respected.
Child and Youth Program Assistant (Current Employee), San Antonio, TXFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: closed every federal holiday and was paid 8 hours.
Cons: hard to get time off to spend with family.
Enjoyed meeting new parents and service members. Supporting the mission was our top priority.

I loved working with the infants. The hardest part of the job was saying good-bye to the families when they move.
Nice Environment
Civil Engineer Operations Administrator (Current Employee), Shaw AFB, SCFebruary 24, 2015
Good people and friendly environment. It is like a family. Very coordinated group of individuals at every base that I have been at.
Typical military outfit.
Pilot (Former Employee), McGuire AFB, NJFebruary 24, 2015
Pros: see the world.
Cons: medical benefits only when on extended active duty. don't get hurt.
Always enjoyed bending over backwards and sending 12-15 hours a
day for one days pay while the fat cats took all the credit. Did it to keep my retirement benefits.
High tempo with great rewards
U.S. Air Force/IT Security (Current Employee), Tampa, FLFebruary 24, 2015
My training and experience in the U.S. Air Force is second to none. There is always something more that one can do to better themselves in their field of expertise. I have been a proud member of the Air Force for 13+ years. A typical day in my job is anything but typical. Every day is different. I am surrounded by quality co-workers. The most difficult part of the job is being able to balance every task at hand which can also be the most rewarding aspect of the job when everything falls into place.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more