U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Found 12,380 reviews matching the search
great experience
Structural Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Fairchild AFB, WAFebruary 25, 2017
travel the world. great experiences and skills learned. opened eyes to a new life to achieve. i would recommend that every one keep an open mind and try new things in life.
It is good to serve your country
Security Forces Officer (Former Employee) –  Holloman AFB, NMFebruary 24, 2017
The most enjoyable part of working with this employer was learning and experiencing things that I wouldn't otherwise do in the civilian world. It feels good knowing that I served my country and defended its bases.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Long Hour Shifts
Technical Writer
Career Development Course Writer (Former Employee) –  Sheppard AFB, TXFebruary 24, 2017
Outstanding organization. Excellent educational benefits. Travel was minimal and exciting. Work was enjoyable. People were the best I have ever worked with.
Pros
Cons
Leadership
Air Force
Broadcast Journalist (Current Employee) –  IllinoisFebruary 24, 2017
The Air Force has been a great experience and really strives to maintain the best possible environment for the Airman serving, not only on Active Duty but also Guard and Reserve.
Dynamic and Complex Enviornment
Server administration Manager (Current Employee) –  Lackland AFB, TXFebruary 24, 2017
The United States Air Force is a vast and complex environment. It provides the opportunities to excel and utilize your strong points. The Air Force also helps builds up your weaknesses. It has provided me an awesome opportunity to grow as a person and I forever grateful to finish my career.
Pros
Training, Teamwork
Cons
Long hours, stressful environments, long deployments
Usaf
Fuels Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Robins AFB, GAFebruary 24, 2017
The United States Air Force has molded me into a multi-faceted manager with over 21 years in the logistics world. This has given my family and I great stability financially and a chance to travel the world
Pros
Military life
Cons
Not for eveyone
Best Place to work!
NDI Journeyman (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 24, 2017
Absolutely loved being in the Air Force and wish I could have stayed there my entire life. The experiences, training, and people you meet are exceptional.
Military work place
Airborne ISR Operator (Former Employee) –  Beale AFB, CAFebruary 24, 2017
Plenty of training opportunities, lots of deploying and plenty of squadron upkeep. Pay and benefits are pretty good as is the the culture and job security.
Great job
Material Management Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Minot AFB, NDFebruary 24, 2017
Loved the time I served. A typical day of work consist of working with Airmen as a team, Leadership styles change, culture is amazing and enjoy working with everyone. I enjoyed being able to meet different people and learning how their leadership styles work compared to mine. There was something I learned new everyday as a supervisor and greatly enjoyed working as a team. Management always had great input and how to become a better supervisor by leading as a leader.
Pros
health care, education, retirement
Cons
good
Law Enforcement Officer (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAFebruary 24, 2017
I enjoyed the Air Force very much. They taught me so many things, and made me a much better person. I am more focused and goal driven because of the organization.
Daily Life
Cyber System Support Technician (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKFebruary 23, 2017
The U.S. Air Force is a great place for those who are looking for a place to get their careers started in almost any field, it gives those without direction a stable and steady work environment and offers great conditions for learning and growth both as a person and worker. Great for gaining the experience needed for private sectors in desired field. Offers education benefits and is encouraged for progression in Air Force career.
Pros
healthcare, retirement, vacation, job stability, education benefits
Cons
Flexibility, Hours, Pay
Review Summary
Military Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Lackland AFB, TXFebruary 23, 2017
The military was a wonderful experience and shaped me into the person I am today. I learned about discipline, cultures, compromise and how to work in a team.
Fun to work
Childcare Provider (Former Employee) –  Elmendorf AFB, AKFebruary 23, 2017
It was a great experience , they train us well. And have a great benefit. They understand how military spouse schedule , everything is great .
Productive place to work being apart of the air traffic control team.
Assistant Complex Chief Controller (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 23, 2017
The hardest part of my job is eliminating apprentice controller's from the career field. The most enjoyable part of my job is seeing apprentice controller's complete training.
Loved the US Air Force
Military Policeman (Former Employee) –  Alamogordo, NMFebruary 23, 2017
The Air Force is a fantastic place to be. They take care of their people and I loved the atmosphere. Everybody was great to each other, it was like a huge family. Loved my time in the Air Force.
Good Job where much is learned and used in my everyday life
Propulsion Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Springfield, ILFebruary 23, 2017
This job is great and I learned not only how to do mechanic work on a jet engine but also very valuable life lessons I incorporate into my everyday life.
Long hours, great benefits. reasonable pay
Logistics Superintendent/Security Manager (Former Employee) –  Pope AFB, NCFebruary 23, 2017
It was a great choice for me. I received great training, and had a stable life for me and my children with great benefits and reasonable pay. I deployed twice and spent my share of time away from my family with TDY's but all in all it was a great experience. Each job is different so the hours and time away from family are different depending upon the job.
Great decision in life.
Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  AnywhereFebruary 22, 2017
It was the best feeling in the world to be apart of something bigger than myself. Felt as if I gain an enormous new family because of the fact that everyone looked out for each other's well being.
Great job, great friends, and saw the world.
Radar Operator BMEWS (Former Employee) –  Clear, AKFebruary 22, 2017
I started in the Air force in 1980 at McChord AFB. I worked the SAGE rider system along with being deployed to various remote radar sites along the west coast. I then moved to controlling fighter jets, and traveled all over for NATO fighter missions. I went to KOTAR S Korea and controlled a live bombing range clearing A/C on and off the range along with shooting Smokey Sam rockets at them...AWESOME. I went back to McChord and worked at the ROCC until being assigned to Clear AFS in Alaska working the BMEWS site.
Learn and Do Alot
Tactical Systems Operator (Former Employee) –  Hurlburt Field, FLFebruary 22, 2017
In the Air Force, they make sure that you are thoroughly trained. Once you're trained, they ship you to a place you might call home. After settling down, you find yourself doing several deployments.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6