U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews in United States

Found 10,840 reviews matching the search
A Way of Life
Deputy Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJune 29, 2016
There is no better way see what is going on, then to visit: https://www.airforce.com/
This is truly a way of life that will take Integrity, Service, and Excellence to succeed.
had fun while i was in
Airframe and Structural Repair Specialist (Former Employee) –  Incerlik, TurkeyJune 29, 2016
its the Air Force, i was not in long enough to give a valid review except that it was good while i was in.loved working on air force air craft
Benefits
Cons
regimentation
Outstanding, wonderful, best place ever. I strongly recommend this career path to any young person.
US Air Force Security Force Member (Former Employee) –  Around the WorldJune 29, 2016
The Air Force was one of the best services to be a part of. The medical benefits were outstanding, pay was poor, job was dangerous but very rewarding. It is people oriented and family concerned.
Pros
Medical Benefits and retirement
Cons
Long hours, often gone from home for months, deployments to less that desirable locations, and continuous permanent change of stations.
Good place to gain experience
Emergency Management Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lackland AFB, TXJune 28, 2016
Really what can you say about the Air Force. Either you like it or you don't. I must have because I did 25 years active duty and still work for them as a civilian.
Air Force
Physical Training Leader (Current Employee) –  overseasJune 28, 2016
It's a wonderful way to gain your momentum for life, great benefits, and a steady paycheck. You will run into a lot of aholes who'll make your life miserable, but you will also meet some really great people who will take care of your until the end.

Join at your own risk...
Very strucured envorinment
Transportation Logistics Instructor (Former Employee) –  Yuba City, CAJune 28, 2016
The employer was very friendly towards obtaining education and housing for needed service members. Family life was somewhat stressful due to deployments out of the country.
Military Fire Program is Subpar
Fire Protection Journeyman (Current Employee) –  Abilene, TXJune 28, 2016
The overall Fire Protection Program is sub-par compared to many other civilian departments in many ways.
Amazing
Housing Specialist (Current Employee) –  AFBJune 27, 2016
Very fast paced the benefits are wonderful the management is as well . Working for the Air Force gives you room to explore different opportunities.
Pros
getting to meet new people
Cons
short breaks
Personal Growth
Logistics Planner (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 27, 2016
This is a rewarding career that promotes job accomplishment and personal growth. My fellow coworkers are helpful and we do well functioning as a unit.
High Morale and Postive Work Environment
Executive Administration Manager (Current Employee) –  Tyndall AFB, FLJune 27, 2016
Self-starting and trusting organization to complete daily task. On the job training is constantly given to keep up with the changes in rules and regulations. Most enjoyable part of the job is working with trusting and positive people
Productive Place to work
System Administrator / IAO / CSL (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, coloradJune 27, 2016
We believe in vision and passion. Being part of something bigger than a company or job matters to our employees. You’ll help some of the most widely recognized organizations in government and industry succeed. You’ll enhance the security, economic well-being, health, and safety of people in our nation and around the world. You’ll be challenged. You’ll make an impact.
Job Advancemnet
Logistics Specialist/Warehouse Overseer (Current Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach FloridaJune 27, 2016
Great opportunity for career advancement and to see the world. Work days are routine for the most part, it is required to be and stay physically fit. Management holds all authority on decision making and planning. Integrity first, service before self and excellence in all we do!
Benefits
Cons
Long deplyment tours
It is better than the Army
Technical School Instructor (Former Employee) –  Vandenberg AFB, CAJune 27, 2016
Some people may complain about the Air Force but until you serve then really you know nothing. Some bases are amazing, some are not, just like people and anything else.
Pros
Paid for my son to be born
Cons
The people who think they are God in uniform
Great way of Life
Lead Production Superintendent (Former Employee) –  World WideJune 27, 2016
I enjoyed my 21 yrs of service and if I had to do it all over again the only thing I would have changed would be I would have taken care of my education.
Pros
Travel, People & Culture
Cons
Some people, Not the best life to raise kids
Awesome Team
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILJune 26, 2016
The Air Force was a great place to work. I loved working with my Airman who always surprised me with their innovation and enthusiasm.
Pros
Travel, free health care, education benefits
Cons
Long periods of time away from family
Professional and Organized workplace.
Military Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHJune 26, 2016
Work days are as good as you make them. Outgoing and hardworking co-workers make for a cohesive workplace. Supervisors are always looking out for workers and helping in anyway they can. The most enjoyable part of the job is interacting with the base population.
Pros
steady paycheck, great workplace
Cons
Short breaks
Life choice not for everyone but if you are dedicated its gereat
Assistant Section Chief (Current Employee) –  Hill AFB, UTJune 26, 2016
my jo was typical 0600 to 1500
standard office type work
office staff is normal work environment
deploying is the hardest part of the job
Rewarding and Fulfilling Career
Tactical Air Control Party Apprentice (Current Employee) –  Fort Stewart, GAJune 26, 2016
I learned the finer points of multi-tasking, working effectively under stress, and managing employees. The most enjoyable part of the job was the opportunity to serve and defend our country.
Good Life Experience
Cyber Security Liaison/ Client Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Andrews AFB, MDJune 26, 2016
It really depends on your career field. It's not for everybody. Enjoyed some parts, hated others. The travel is good if you are in the right job.
Exciting Military Career
(reserve) Fuels Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 26, 2016
Refuel aircraft for the USAF

Great Moral within the unit

Great Co Workers that are honest and hard working

Satisfaction from a good days hard work
Pros
Espree de Corp
Cons
Deployments

4.6