U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Found 12,034 reviews matching the search
Career Centric
Division Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cannon AFB, NMJanuary 15, 2017
Organizational work environment driven to support the national interest of the United States of America. Air Force air superiority requires an institution of support and industrial infrastructure.
Pros
Security
Cons
Positional Leadership
The Air Force
Power Production Journeyman (Current Employee) –  Lakewood, WAJanuary 15, 2017
It has it's many challenges and I have to say the hardest part of the job is not being able to do your job. There are tons of things that keep you from just going out to the field and troubleshoot a generator and I have to say that would be the worst part of a job.
Goal oriented and people focused
Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 15, 2017
Loved my time I. The airforce. Best decision ever made to join. Instilled core values and pride in one self. Dignity,respect excellence in all we do and INTEGRITY
Pros
Health insurance
Cons
Long deployments
hard working, fast paced, challenging lifestyle, extreme benefit
Special Cargo Handler Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dover AFB, DEJanuary 15, 2017
My time in (over 6 years) gave me a sense of purpose, a drive, a strong sense of maturity, and an overall sense of duty to my self and more importantly the county. I am the man I am today because of my time in the Air Force, it has made me a better person and has changed my entire outlook on life.
Pros
pay, travel, benifits, GI Bill, etc
Cons
deployments, time away from family
Great career to advance in your life and dreams
LOGISTICS PLANNER (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAJanuary 15, 2017
I absolutely love the military! My time and experiences could have not been accomplished near as well as they did in any other career choice. The only downfall i had with them is the total amount of favoritism that i had encountered in my time. Even with the difficulties, it doesn't even begin to compare to the amount of amazing tours i got to partake on and the trainings i was fortunate enough to obtain.
Pros
Medical care, education benefits, travel opportunities, trainings, career advancement
Cons
deployments away from family
Fantastic
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee) –  VariousJanuary 15, 2017
Great place and nice places to get stationed
Very balanced and great healthcare
Great retirement plans
Helps make lifetime friendships
Service to county
Dental Technician (Former Employee) –  Bossier City, LAJanuary 15, 2017
Service to county and being apart of a like minded team that are all respectable individuals. Being deployed across the world to take part in overseas responsibilities.
great place to work
Squadron Commander (Former Employee) –  variousJanuary 15, 2017
Great place to work but you have to be willing to commit yourself to the job. You family life must take a backseat to your job. The compensation is fair but not up to society standards.it is a great place to start a career
n/a
Medical Laboratory Technician (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaJanuary 15, 2017
Accomplished Medical Laboratory Technician (ASCP certified) with experience in clinical laboratory methodologies and procedures, as well as experience in phlebotomy and customer service. Performed over 1.1M lab tests yearly in 4 scientific disciplines, and strive to provide quality patient care for 507K Department of Defense and Veteran beneficiaries, as well as 464 clinicians. Committed to receiving professional development and training, and maintaining competency at 100%.
Air Force
Client Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Columbus AFB, MSJanuary 14, 2017
Great for a career starter or a stepping stone great benefits and opportunities are there if you want them. all careers come with a degree plan, Education is paid for as long as you pass the class.
Pros
Free School
Cons
you go where you are needed
Great Place to Serve
Staff Sergeant / Security Forces (Former Employee) –  Eglin AFB, FLJanuary 14, 2017
Greatest Air Force on the planet. Great leaders and very diverse workforce. Best branch of the United States military. Great travel and smart people.
Pros
Cons
Enlistment contracts
Great Organization
Major (Current Employee) –  Patrick Afb, FLJanuary 14, 2017
I worked with a wonderful group. I was lucky. I also deployed with a great group. I would love to stay in the service but my family had to come first. 2 professional careers are difficult when the job moves you so frequently.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
Moving
Aircraft mechanic
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSJanuary 14, 2017
Aircraft mechanic on KC-135 aircraft. Traveled the world in support of operation enduring freedom and Iraqi freedom. Was enlisted for 4 years traveled for 2 years. Promotion was to slow for me to stay in for 20 years.
The Foundation of America's Freedom
NCOIC, Information Technology Programs (Current Employee) –  Bolling AFB, DCJanuary 14, 2017
The working principles that I display today; is solely shared from my Air Force core values. The disciplines and dedication to every work assignment and the respect and mentorship provide team members is truly a great recipe for success.
Great Experience
Manager, Military Personnel Branch (Former Employee) –  Panama City, FLJanuary 14, 2017
The AF, as with all branches give great foundation to young men and women after high school. It helps build confidence in all of its employees and empowers them to make crisltical decisions.
Great way of life for those trying to find their way
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Buckley AFB, COJanuary 14, 2017
Great place to begin a career, just don't get stuck. Know that it will end and plan on it ending in 20 years with no extensions. Get in/out and move on with life in the real world.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
Too much interaction with other people
Fun place clean environment
Data Entry Operator, IL (Former Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILJanuary 13, 2017
Busy.I learned how people communicate with each other to be a team player. Understanding. Wonderful friendly. Filing in the old file box.Communication
Pros
We had fun room
Cons
short breaks
Great job and training.
E-4 A1C (Former Employee) –  Eglin AFB, FLJanuary 13, 2017
- A typical work day would take me to work, depending on work schedule. Got to repair shop and fix anything that is broken, perform preventative maintenance schedule.
- I learned many valuable lessons that would take me into the working life.
- Co-workers were a blast and funny and always telling stories of past assignments/war stories.
- The hardest part of my job was traveling to new assignments.
- The most enjoyable part of the job was my time off and I could ride my motorcycle.
Pros
Free meals and coffee
Cons
Pulling KP
Great jo
Aircraft Structural Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Utah, JapanJanuary 13, 2017
Honorable discharge, been around the world and enjoyed serving my country. Many learned experiences from boot camp to repairing multi million dollar aircraft.
Military
Logistics Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mcguire AFB New JerseyJanuary 13, 2017
Regimented and very strict discipline but encourages continuous training to enhance critical mission support great national service opportunity with pride but poor remuneration.
Pros
Confidence Building
Cons
Poor Remuneration

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6