U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews in United States

Found 10,974 reviews matching the search
Great for meeting people and learning new things
Aircraft Armament Weapon Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  Shaw AFBJuly 25, 2016
Lots of hands on but it is hard to be rated with your peers and maintain a normal life style at the same time. Most of the people you work with are the same as you, so you grow close and form close friendships.
Pros
Medical Care
Cons
no telling what hours you are going to work week to week
Amazing Career
Security Forces Member (Current Employee) –  Syracuse, NYJuly 25, 2016
Working as an Airman in the Air Force is hard but rewarding in the sense that you are serving your country and you also get to meet new people and see new places.
Pros
New People/ places
Cons
childish people
Everyday
Aircrew Flight Equipment Technician (Current Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJuly 25, 2016
I arrive at work, I see the tasks that I have been assigned to complete that day and then myself and my team work very hard to complete those tasks.
Cons
Short breaks
Good place to learn leadership skills
Industrial Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Spokane, WAJuly 23, 2016
Working the the USAF will give you many opportunities to advance in both your career and your skills. They provided leadership and communication classes which will help you learn to eventually lead teams. Healthcare benefits are probably the best you can get and you rarely ever have to worry about getting billed for anything.
Pros
Healthcare, Advancement
Cons
Physical fitness test hold more weight than work performance or skills
Great opportunities to see the world and serve your country
Anti-Terrorism Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Offutt AFB, NEJuly 23, 2016
Great opportunities to see the world.

Free Education

Great Work experience

I have supervised up 85 personnel and been responsible for Thousands of dollars worth of equipment.
Pros
Education
Cons
Long work hours
Great Travel
Outside Plant Telecommunications (Former Employee) –  United StatesJuly 22, 2016
If you like to travel, free food, housing, and training.
Great training, with promotion potential.
Full benefits and job security.
Pros
Free lunch
The sky is the limit
Paralegal Superintendent (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 22, 2016
The Air Force develops personnel through out their careers. Investing monies for people to learn new skill and obtain their education
Always great locations to work at
Pros
Air Force invested in personnel
Cons
Moved around a lot from TX, SD, England, MI, NH, AL and back to TX
Secure communications support.
Sergeant (E-4) (Former Employee) –  Mississippi, New Mexico, Korea, Virginia, New YorkJuly 22, 2016
I entered the USAF after attending one year of college. I worked in the communications field where I helped provide secure transfer of information to users worldwide. I also was trained in mobile communications that we would do while out in the field or on exercises away from base.
Pros
Travel.
Exciting and great working environment
Supervisor, Patient Affairs (Former Employee) –  Hawaii, New Mexico, South Carolina, GermanyJuly 21, 2016
For six years I was training and challenged in my profession. There were many opportunities for traveling and experiencing the world. The best base locations of any of the services. Most jobs are like an 8 to 4 job.
i love the air force
Range Operator (Former Employee) –  Cocoa Beach, FLJuly 21, 2016
This job is AMAZING. I love the military structure and the life that military members live in the military is absolutely awesome
Air Force
Tac P (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZJuly 21, 2016
it was great to fight for our country and be able to travel the world. the work was very hard but it paid off in the end with how much i learned.
Structured, and Stable work environment with fellow professionals and specialists in your field.
Aircraft Fuel Systems Journeyman (Current Employee) –  Moody AFB, GAJuly 21, 2016
My experience in the Air Force has been great. I had ample opportunity to travel the world, serve my country and build the home life I've always wanted. I learned more about production, management, and maintenance than I ever would have at a 4 year college. I loved being able to go out and work on multi-million dollar aircraft with the expertise and competence to do so effectively. Being trusted and depended on by my superiors was an empowering feeling that I hope to carry over into the civilian world with my ambitions and expertise on many different subjects.
Pros
Additional Allowances, Medical and Dental Benefits for employee and dependents, stable pay and employment
Cons
Sporadic and lengthy stays from home
its decent. The base is terrible. Use it as a stepping stone
Medical Technician (Current Employee) –  Peru, INJuly 21, 2016
its decent. The base is terrible. Use it as a stepping stone. the people can be someone difficult to work with. There is no work life balance. There is no room for advancement. People will not retire and allow others to move up
this is a review
Staff Sergeant / Aerospace Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  earthJuly 21, 2016
Pros
The work environment is generally positive and there's an atmosphere of care and commitment to promoting good outcomes for patients.
NSMC's outlook moving forward appears quite stable as a member of Partners Healthcare.
Cons
NSMC sites and department locations are disperse and this can result in feeling fragmented.
Advice to Management
Consultation and collaboration between direct service providers and senior management fosters a more positive work culture and should be expanded.
Usaf
Jet Engine Mechanic (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 20, 2016
Served during the Viet Nam Period. Jet engine mechanic in a shop environment and also jet engine mechanic and run/taxi mechanic on the flight line.
Pros
Free everything.
Cons
Military.
No greater calling than to defend your Nation
Superintendent (Former Employee) –  Travis AFB, CAJuly 20, 2016
Outstanding .... simply stated .... Outstanding
There is no way to express the feeling of being a part of something bigger than yourself, and the willingness to put your life on the line for your Brothers/Sisters-In-Arms, knowing they would do the same for you.
Strenuous, yet beneficial
Pass and Identification Liaison (Former Employee) –  Pearl Harbor, HIJuly 20, 2016
In a typical work day I would secure billion dollar assets vital to the protection of the United States. I would also patrol the interior and exterior of an installation to ensure a secure and stable living for civilian and active duty personnel.
Pros
benefits and pay
Cons
hours were hectic
Usaf
Security Forces Police Officer (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 19, 2016
My time in the armed forces was long, hard and so incredibly rewarding. I built relationships with brothers and sisters that can never be forgotten. I pushed myself to limits I never could have achieved without this experience and I will be forever grateful. I am strong, I am independent and there isn't anything i can't achieve if I put my mind to it.
A great experience
AEROSPACE MEDICAL SERVICE TECHNICIAN (Current Employee) –  Montgomery, ALJuly 19, 2016
I'm currently enlisted in the Air Force reserve as a Aerospace Medical Technician. I have been enlisted for 4 years 3 months. I only attend drill one weekend per month and 2 weeks a year. It has been a lovely experience , I really enjoy working with medical patients and learning different things in the medical field.
great experience
Security Forces Member (Former Employee) –  Texas, Germany, Africa,July 19, 2016
learned first responder responsibilities, policing, searching, cpr, etc. typical day included traffic stops, searching vehicles, responding to incidents, etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6