U.S. Air Force
5,962 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

Great learning experience
Airborne Mission Systems Specialist (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GAOctober 28, 2014
Pros: great experience
Cons: low pay
Loved serving my country and the ability to grow as a leader and as an individual.
United States Air Force-3M031-Culinary Specialist
Culinary Specialist (Former Employee), Little Rock AFB, AROctober 28, 2014
Pros: all inclusive health, dental, etc covered free of charge in addition to countless other benefits
Cons: low salary due to other expenses already being covered.
Serving my country as a culinary specialist in the 314th Services Squadron afforded me a vast array of learning experiences which proved to be rich and rewarding. The knowledge and morals gained are instilled for a lifetime. The discipline and attention to detailed has carried onto each and every other civilian position I have held since then.
Difficult work environment
Communication/Navigation Journeyman (Former Employee), Bossier City, LAOctober 28, 2014
Demanding but rewarding. Many chances to learn and grow in your job environment and in yourself.
Not For everyone
Fuels Fixed Facilities Supervisor (Former Employee), Altus AFB, OKOctober 28, 2014
Pros: travel, pay, job security
Cons: extremely invasive of your personal life.
You are an Airman 24/7. No matter what happens during your off-duty time it has an impact on your career in the military. Management changes frequently, this can be both good and bad. There is little information on the people coming in. I've had amazing management that went out of their way to take care of their people and the complete opposite.
i loved working on the jets
Aircraft Armament Apprentice (Former Employee), Eielson AFB, AKOctober 28, 2014
great supervision and it was an honor to serve my country after 9/11
Excellent
F-16 Crew Chief (Former Employee), Alaska, NM, Korea, JapanOctober 28, 2014
The life of the military is very rewarding and full of opportunities to excel at life.
Mentally Physically and Challenging Career field
Joint Terminal Attack Controller (Former Employee), Fort Drum, NYOctober 28, 2014
A TACP is very busy and the physical requirements are high. It takes a lot of sacrifice to do this job.
Professional Environment with Opportunities for Advancement
Bioenvironmental Engineering Technician (Current Employee), Dover, DEOctober 28, 2014
The U.S. Air Force is a great experience and I have gained so much experience working as a Bioenvironmental Engineering Technician. The vast amounts of knowledge I have gained during my time as an enlisted airman will benefit me for years to come. The rewarding feeling of protecting other airmen from occupational hazards is something that I have enjoyed – more... while working with this organization. – less
I enjoyed serving my country
Weapons Specialist (Former Employee), Eglin AFB, FLOctober 27, 2014
I enjoy the opportunity to learn different skills and the extended education that the air force offered
Great experience
Facility Manager (Former Employee), Lajes Field, AzoresOctober 27, 2014
Great experience, but not a life long career for me. Learned what it takes to maintain aircraft. Was able to job transfer to Facility Management and loved it.
Serve Your Country
Enlisted Aide to the Assistant Vice Chief of Staff (Current Employee), Andrews AFB, MDOctober 27, 2014
I have loved every minute of my time in the US Air Force. I love the camaraderie and the sense of family that I have in the Air Force. The hardest part of the job is being away from family.
Traffic Management
Traffic Management Journeymen (Current Employee), Hill AFB, UTOctober 27, 2014
Pros: job security, education
Over my 8 1/2 years, I've learned a lot and had an amazing experience. Sure there are some low times but overall I'm extremely happy I chose to pursue a career in the U.S. Air Force. Currently I counsel members on the entitlements and process their reimbursements through their moves. I've been fortunate enough to have some really professional people – more... in management positions over me, who have really taught me and guided me to having a successful career. I've also made some lifelong friends and got meet so many people I couldn't even imagine. In my current position there are opportunities to get outside of the box and take on hard challenges, which is enjoyable I think it's good when you can take on something and learn different things that could possibly help you out in the future. – less
28 years on active duty
Chief, Airfield Operations Branch (Former Employee), Barksdale AFB, LAOctober 27, 2014
Time to retire, loved every minute of it. Deployed to locations world wide. Lived overseas for 17 years. Experienced many different cultures.
Job Security
Loadmaster Instructor (Former Employee), Altus AFB, OKOctober 27, 2014
When not flying, a typical day is a 10 hour day with an hour lunch. I like flying, so I flew as much as I could. I got to see 40 different countries and 6 continents. Great experience.
Great Experience
E6 (Former Employee), Wichita Falls, TXOctober 27, 2014
Pros: travel
Cons: away from family
Loved every minute of it!!!! I was trained in three different careers over a ten year period. I am very fortunate not to have any student loans to pay off.
Student pilot/ services officer
Morale and Welfare services officer (Former Employee), Nellis Air Force Base, Las Vegas, NVOctober 26, 2014
Pros: military life
Cons: military life
It was my privilege to serve in the United States Air Force. I was a student pilot and then a services officer. The most enjoyable part of my service was the time I spent flying. The hardest part was being the victim of military reduction.
Fast Paced, Hard Working
Hotel & Restaurant & Fitness Manager (Former Employee), Langley AFB, VAOctober 26, 2014
Pros: job security, full benefits, high salary, room to promote quickly
Cons: many months away from family
Overall, I would rate the USAF as a extremely motivating and rewarding career that has encompassed a variety of knowledge based jobs .the opportunity to travel the world was a strong suite. It also gave me the experience in culture diversity. Having spent 9 years in the service, I exceeded my expectation through what I accomplished in my career. Because – more... of this experience I am ready to engage in a fast paced employment. – less
Discipline and Teamwork
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Langley AFB, VAOctober 26, 2014
Being in the military was a wondeful experience, not only did I learn my job but I also learned how to be a team player. Every base I have ever worked up at has always been about getting the job done. Being in the military taught me discipline and how to hold military bearing. The hardest part about my job was moving around. I would work with great – more... people for 3-4 years and had to move to another base. – less
People from my hometown were in Anchorage, Alaska
Food Services (Former Employee), Elmendorf AFB, AlaskaOctober 26, 2014
Pros: great discipline.
Cons: at that time, i was undisciplined.
I learned that this environment was not my calling.
I did the required time, was discharged and moved on.
A challenging and rewarding career.
Logistics Management Specialist (Current Employee), Moody AFB, GAOctober 25, 2014
Pros: compensation & benefits
Cons: frequent and sometimes lengthy separations from family.
The U.S. Air Force creates a challenging and rewarding experience in service to the United States Government.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more