U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Sort: Helpful | Rating | Date
Long Hours Little Pay
Security Forces Craftsman (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYSeptember 26, 2017
You work long stress filled hours only to be called on after you "get off." It is ridiculous that people don't know how to lead when they are in a leadership postion.
Structured work environment with expectations spelled out.
Federal Civil Service Quality Assurance Evaluator (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALSeptember 25, 2017
The USAF offers job security and the ability to promote based on the time and effort each individual dedicates to their respective career. Benefits the USAF offers is second to none giving members a piece of mind their families will be taken care of.
USAF Enlistment Overview
Nondestructive Inspection Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Minot, NDSeptember 25, 2017
I learned a substantial amount during my six years in service, however the work/ home life was never really separated. There is no such thing off in the military so after 6 years I had decided it was time for a change of pace.
Pros
Benefits, travel, experience
Cons
unstable hours, lots of moving to places you dont desire to be
Go Air Force
Staff Sergeant (Former Employee) –  Sheppard AFB, TXSeptember 25, 2017
Great place to get training and experience. If you young its a great way to grow up learn about teamwork and get money for college. And if you are willing to travel and pick the right job you will get what you want.
experience and education benefits
Air Transportation Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCSeptember 25, 2017
I appreciate my experience in the USAF, however I did not make a career of it as I worked for poor management that did not encourage good moral and made horrible decisions for the unit as a whole based off of the actions of few.
Great
Stock Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Langley AFB, VASeptember 25, 2017
It was really great place to work. You are given many opportunities to advance. You are given a small set of time to study for college at work provided that the workload gets accomplished 1st as that is the number one priority. You learn not just about your job, but how to become great and effective leader and supervisor.
Pros
Luncheons, Christmas Parties, compensation days or time off for some overtime worked.
Cons
Overtime sometimes, Midshift/Night shift for a time period is mandatory in some sections
United States Air Force
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pope AFB, NCSeptember 25, 2017
Loved it. Very challanging and fast paced. Alot of people from different walks of life living to their full potential. The pay was good for the rank that I acheived but then it got a little old.
Pros
travel
Cons
work schedule
n/a
Surgical Services Manager (Current Employee) –  Offutt AFB, NESeptember 25, 2017
The Air Force is the greatest thing I ever did. Worked with great people serving out country and taking care of patients. They provided funds for me to finish my bachelors degree and let me travel the world. It was amazing.
Great experience
Aviation Technician/Supervisor/Trainer (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WASeptember 25, 2017
Hard to find better benefits that the military. Deployments can be hard, but rewarding and there's lots of learning opportunities regardless of the career field if you look for them
Great way to serve the country.
Flight Commander, , Safety Officer (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 25, 2017
Enjoyed my service to the country in the USAF. Enjoyed the flying, the rewards and challenges. Got to fly the most advanced aircraft in the world in the F16.
Great place to get life and job training for your future
F-22 DEDICATED CREW CHIEF (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VASeptember 25, 2017
Great place to get life and job training for your future. Great benefits and pay for young people coming right out of high school. Highly recommend for young people
Love
Security Forces (Current Employee) –  Great Falls, MTSeptember 25, 2017
This was the best decision I ever made. I absolutely love my job and I get to keep my base safe and protect the United States and the state of Montana.
Great place
Firefighter specialist (Former Employee) –  USASeptember 25, 2017
I loved being in the Air Force. It was the greatest learning experience of my life. It allowed me to get out on my own and learn a thrilling job. It allowed me to travel and see the world and meet new and interesting people.
Pros
Great Opportunity
Steady and Productive Work Environment
Aircraft Maintenance Supervisor/technician (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCSeptember 25, 2017
There was always a steady flow of work but with the great team that I managed we were never overwhelmed. Whether it was loading bombs on aircraft or controlling the flightline full of launching jets, we were a well oil machine.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Constant time away from family
Enjoyed my Active Duty Time in the USAF
Cyberspace Operations Officer (Former Employee) –  WorldwideSeptember 25, 2017
There is not enough space here for me to write a full review. I enjoyed my time, enjoyed the people, enjoyed the travel, excellent training, great advancement, etc. Best of all, I could always count on my team mates. No matter where I was stationed, I could feel at home.
Pros
People, travel, training opportunities, leadership skills, etc.
Cons
Being away from the family for long periods of time; the inherit dangers of being in the military.
Summary
Maintenance Craftsman (Current Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCSeptember 25, 2017
Working with the US Air Force has been the best experience of my life, its taught me so much about being an adult and how to manage people as well as getting the job done, I would recommend to anyone.
F-15E Strike Eagle Crew Chief
F-15 Strike Eagle Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCSeptember 25, 2017
If someone you know or you is thinking about taking this job, I recommend you reconsider. The hours are long, rain, snow, etc you are in the elements. This didn't bother me when I first started on the flight line. This was before budget cuts started to cut into our units standard issue gear. But putting in 12-14 hours a day with out a meal is your thing than by all means please apply for this job. Be a grunt and live the lifestyle.
Pros
job security, Free Physical training, free hearing loss, and bad knees and back by the time you are 25 years old, Va benefits to die for!
Best Experience Ever
Communications team Chief (Former Employee) –  Fort Walton Beach, FLSeptember 24, 2017
Military teaches discipline, respect, and responsibility. Life lessons and travel experiences of a lifetime. Would recommend for every single person but not for married couples.
Career opportunites
National Integration Coordinator Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 24, 2017
Always research your career opportunities and benefits offered to you, for example, education benefits. Plan for your family and plan for emergencies.
Usaf
Sr. Cybersecurity Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 24, 2017
Typical day at work is both challenging and rewarding knowing something was done to provide a new TTP or seeing something come from an investigation that was spurred by threat intelligence you created.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5