U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews for Crew Supervisor

Armed service
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Bourne, MAOctober 2, 2017
i learned a lot and meet a lot of great people. with that said you will be asked to fallow the need the the air force no matter what they are. there are days i wish i could have stayed but i am glad i am out of there as well
Great place to get life and job training for your future
F-22 DEDICATED CREW CHIEF (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VASeptember 25, 2017
Great place to get life and job training for your future. Great benefits and pay for young people coming right out of high school. Highly recommend for young people
F-15E Strike Eagle Crew Chief
F-15 Strike Eagle Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Goldsboro, NCSeptember 25, 2017
If someone you know or you is thinking about taking this job, I recommend you reconsider. The hours are long, rain, snow, etc you are in the elements. This didn't bother me when I first started on the flight line. This was before budget cuts started to cut into our units standard issue gear. But putting in 12-14 hours a day with out a meal is your thing than by all means please apply for this job. Be a grunt and live the lifestyle.
Pros
job security, Free Physical training, free hearing loss, and bad knees and back by the time you are 25 years old, Va benefits to die for!
Professional and rewarding.
Assistant Crew Chief/Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Beale AFB, CASeptember 22, 2017
After the shock and awe of basic trng subsided, I began to enjoy my decision to enlist in the USAF.
Going from basic training to technical school and then on to AIT was both interesting and exciting.
My first duty assignment at Beale AFB, Ca. was challenging, enjoyable yet lonesome at times.
Looking back in hindsight at my short lived AF career, I wish that I had remained on full time active duty instead of electing to return to the civilian sector and complete my MSO in the AF Reserve and ANG...
Pros
Patriotic purpose, Instilled the importance of team work, Enjoyed my work on the flight line, Good benefits including vacation time, Good food and living quarters.
Cons
Some immature/unprofessional airman and supervisors; low pay.
You get what you put into it.
CREW CHIEF (Former Employee) –  Hickam AFB, HI & Fairchild AFB, WASeptember 21, 2017
Serving your country is a honorable thing. Seeing the world is an adventure no one can take from you. When traveling as your job or station may require it, learn as much as you can. Talk, study and absorb your surroundings. You will have a better understanding of other cultures and a better appreciation of the freedoms you have as an American. The world is a big place but we are all on this rock together.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Travel
I enlisted better than being drafted.
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Taiwan and the PI.September 20, 2017
After four years I was stationed at many air bases working on fighter aircraft such as the F-100 & F-103. Familiar with the Falcon missile.

Stationed at Taiwan and the Philipines.
Pros
aircraft and missile traing
Cons
it was the military
awesome life experience
Flying Crew Chief (FCC) (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDSeptember 6, 2017
i would have to say this was one of the best life decisions i have ever made, i met a friend from just about every single state in the united states, got to travel all over the world and see places i would never have the chance at seeing
Stressful and high place environment
MANAGEMENT SUPERVISOR/CREW CHIEF (Former Employee) –  Nellis AFB, NVSeptember 1, 2017
Launch and Recovery of Aircraft you're assigned to for the day. Learned how to manage and supervise junior airmen. Workplace is a learning environment.
Pros
Opportunity to serve your country. Get taught a skill
Awesome Job
B-52 Crew Chief/Instructor (Former Employee) –  Minot AFB, NDAugust 31, 2017
It was hard but it was rewarding. If you want to push yourself and learn responsibility and have a potential career, this would be for you. You have to be willing to work hard and sacrifice things.
proud to serve
CREW CHIEF (Former Employee) –  Valdosta, GAAugust 30, 2017
basic typical military expierece, ready to go in and ready to leave, great time learning, it is hard to transition to civilian world, ready to start next chapter
Serving my country
HEAVY CREW CHIEF (Current Employee) –  world wideAugust 24, 2017
Many pros and cons. Getting harder to stay in for 20 years. Good benefits, but long hours, deployments, away from family. Free education. Travel to other countries is the best part. Friends world wide.
Pros
bi-monthly pay, benefits, leave, education
Cons
work hours, away from family
The air Force was an amazing experience.
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSAugust 22, 2017
Joining the air force is one of the most rewarding things I've done with me life. I have been able to travel doing what i love to do in many different countries around the globe. I would highly recommend everyone to give it a chance.
best of the branches
Heavy Aircraft Maintenance Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Tinker AFB, OKAugust 14, 2017
served my country keeping Skies safe for our jet fighters and bombers, as a maintenance crew chief for the AWACS E-3 Surveillance and Reconnaissance aircraft
Pros
pay, honor, pride, family oriented, time off
Cons
possible loss of life
Fast paced
Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Hurlburt Field, FLAugust 8, 2017
Good benefits fast paced, lots of deployments. Good people to be around. Great job security, education benefits. Lots of room to grow if that is what you choose.
benefits
Cons
cut throat
Unites states air force f-16 maintenance tech
F-16 Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Eglin AFB, FLAugust 2, 2017
Its has good job security as the air force does but a low retention rate. You dont get paid overtime even though you work past time everyday and your still expected to meet air-force standards on-top of maintaing a fleet of dying aircraft
okay life, not for family
Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Grand Forks, NDJuly 31, 2017
This should not be an option on here if you want to serve you country an internet review should not sway you one way or another. Do it for the love of your country
Excellent place to work
Crew Chief/Driver Operator (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJuly 19, 2017
My experience working with the fire department has been fulfilling, and rewarding, the education that I received and the work environment are excellent.
It's the Air Force
CH-3F, HH-3E Crew Chief Technician (Former Employee) –  Homestead AFB, FLJuly 14, 2017
Always something new to learn.
You limit yourself, seek education for advancement.
It's military life. Courses/Classes can be stressful and challenging
Great career to learn new skills.
Crew Chief (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 12, 2017
While being in the military I learned many things. I learned how to teach and also how to be taught. I learned leadership skills, critical thinking, and a whole list of things I couldn't have learned anywhere else. I will always value my time in the United States Air Force.
Outstanding Experience. Would do it again in a heart beat.
Aircraft Crew Chief (Former Employee) –  Langley AFB, VAJuly 8, 2017
The USAF was the starting point of my career. It was fast passed somewhat dangerous but all around an excellent experience.

Got to see the country and get shot at to. excellent environment to learn and grow into a man.
Pros
Fast and Furious pace.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5