U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Found 12,622 reviews matching the search
Great branch to be in.
Medical Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 26, 2017
Very open to everyone. Met a lot of great people. Made a lot of great memories and friendships. Id recommend it to anyone wanting free tuition and a steady job.
Military Life
Water and Fuel System Maintenence (Former Employee) –  Whiteman AFB, MOMarch 26, 2017
As most military members can vouch the Air Force is one of the more desirable branches. In my experience after your basic training at your main station. You wake up do morning exercises get ready for work. Show up and get your morning assignments then with your crew you head out to do your work finish it as soon as you can, receive your next job and so on. And after a while you can attend classes for your job to further your knowledge. Albeit sometimes it is mandatory but it can be beneficial to you once you exit the military into the civilian life.
Pros
Steady routine
long time away from family
Navigator/Instructor Navigator (Former Employee) –  Travis AFB, CAMarch 26, 2017
Good job
Good benefits
Best medical coverage
Good people to work with.
Good promotion potential for servicemen
Fun work environment and people to work with.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Flexibility
USAF is the greatest military service in the United States of america
Intelligence Analyst (Current Employee) –  Fort Meade, MDMarch 26, 2017
Leadership, development, and professionalism are strong foundations they teach that have helped my growth and experience for the civilian sector. With their training I know I will succeed as I pursue new opportunities.
Great opportunity to learn a trade or skill
Aircraft Production Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 25, 2017
The United States Air Force is a great opportunity to learn a trade or skill while earning money for college. While serving, they also offer money for certifications related to your job in the military. Job security is a big incentive as well as job satisfaction.
Pros
Free healthcare; housing allowance; food allowance; 30 days vacation a year
Cons
Work/Life balance; deployments
Challenging and Exciting!
HVAC Craftsman/Staff Sergeant (E-5) (Former Employee) –  Moody Air Force Base, GAMarch 25, 2017
Great environment to learn how to perfect your craft, interact with others and see the world in the process. Joining the Air Force definitely changed my life for the better!
Amazing Experience
Nondestructive Inspections Craftsman (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMMarch 25, 2017
The Air Force is a great experience. I think everyone should at least serve the minimum commitment in any military branch because you will learn and experience things you'll never get to experience in the civilian side.
Hard work
Staff Sergeant E-5 (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTMarch 25, 2017
It's the military and its demanding so you need to work and hard and pay attention. Some of the best people I have met I met in the military. It's a good place to grow up real quick.
2A5x1 aerospace mechanic
Aircraft Mechanic Supervisor (Former Employee) –  internationalMarch 25, 2017
Integrity is a MUST. Its a hard job and you are going to work a whole lot of hours. The gratification from seeing your jet in the air doing the mission is high. The people you work with are going to be your best friends.
Pros
people, gratification
Cons
long hours, no lunch on busy days
Enjoyable at times
Security Forces Journeyman (Current Employee) –  Minot, NDMarch 25, 2017
Very long hours.Good benefits and you get taken care of pretty well however the 14 to 15 hour days sometimes up to 10 and 11 days in a row can take a toll. but I am a hard worker and can outwork anyone
Pros
Benefits, People, Travel
Cons
Hours
Security Policeman
Senior Airman (E-4) (Former Employee) –  Cheyenne, WYMarch 24, 2017
A typical day on the job would be working in the field at missile sites staying on alert for a potential security breach and being prepared to secure the area. I went into the Air Force right out of high school so I learned discipline and organization. The management was very demanding of excellence which really made me strive to be better. The hardest part of the job was learning the military culture since I was so young and the enjoyable part was being able to absorb that culture and learn from it.
Pros
Free food
Cons
no control over working locations
Great place to learn and gain experience
Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Mountain View, CAMarch 24, 2017
There is no typical day in managing an Air Force Civil Engineering Squadron. The Operations Superintendent essentially is running the infrastructure of a small city. You learn to think quickly and use resources you might not realize even exist to ensure all facilities and services stay available at all times. People in the engineering units are usually very dedicated to their jobs and work hard to maintain everything correctly. They work hard and play hard. The camaraderie is second to none which makes the long hours worthwhile.
Best Employer
Logistics Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALMarch 24, 2017
I started with the Air Force as a CIV in 2006 straight out of High School, and it was the best experience I could have ever asked for or received. Such an honor!
Great Career opportunities
Manager of Operations & Safety (Former Employee) –  Misawa Air Base, JapanMarch 24, 2017
Workplace culture unique to armed forces.
Travel opportunities to overseas locations.
Must be willing to sacrifice certain personal liberties and be willing to engage in lethal conflicts.
Pros
Great Life Experiences
Cons
War
air force
Munitions Systems Craftsman (Former Employee) –  Whiteman AFB, MOMarch 24, 2017
i was in the air force for fifteen years and its all about cozying up to your supervisor and how you look in your uniform. they care less about job performance and more about face.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
your a slave to the government
Exciting
Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMarch 24, 2017
Well I was in the military many years ago the guys I worked with as a team were great people we still keep in touch. It was a exciting time we were just getting involved with the Iraq government and that meant the there were allot of things happening.
Pros
Defending the greastest country in the world
Cons
War
Be part of something bigger than yourself.
Training Manger, Project Manager, Staff Sergeant. (Former Employee) –  Travis AFB, CAMarch 23, 2017
The U.S. Air Force is full of opertunities to develope leadership skills. It is also a great envirnoment to learn how to lead, follow, and get the job completed with excellence and integrity.
Review
IT Technician/AV Assistant, Contractor (Current Employee) –  MacDill AFB, FLMarch 23, 2017
Great facility. Out-dated equipment, but as a great technician and part of a great team we are able to overcome most obstacles that come our way. I'd would rather be a GS due to various reasons.
Fun and excellent job satisfaction
Outdoor Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  United States and GermanyMarch 23, 2017
Brilliant training program and working environment. Professionalism was above and beyond what anyone could expect in a career and job position.
No two days were the same, with variations for every season.
Pros
Dealing with the military population
Great Comrade, Proud to serve my country
Micap Technician (Former Employee) –  Langley AFB, VAMarch 23, 2017
It was basically like having a regular job, depending on what shift you are on. They are very family oriented. Great chain of command. I learned everything to be able to succeed in life from the military.
Pros
Great people to work with
Cons
away from home

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6