U.S. Air Force
6,565 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

Productive learning environment
Airman (E2) (Former Employee), McGuire AFB, NJJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: hour lunch break.
As i sat down at my computer I would be given a to do list. From helping members with their enlistment bonus. Or helping a member find out what they needed to do in order to achieve the next rank. Management did a great job in teaching me how to do different things.
Every day was something new
Air Transportation / Team Chief / Hazardous Cargo (Former Employee), Saint Paul, MNJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: always learning
No two days are the same. Getting to travel the world. Being able to do the job in any kind of situation or conditions. You learn how to work with people of different backgrounds. It truly was an adventure.
The most fulfilling thing you'll never want to do
Lead Collection Operator (Former Employee), Fort Gordon, GAJanuary 27, 2015
I loved my time in the Air Force. Yes, there were times when it sucked. Deployments sucked. Early morning Physical Training sucked. But every day I went home with a great sense of who I was and what my purpose was. I was part of a group, part of a family. Things have never been the same as when I was in. Don't get me wrong, it pays terribly. But if you are an intelligent individual who is okay with needing to do some volunteer activities to succeed, then you'll be fine.
Very rewarding to support our dedicated men and women in uniform-Leading edge technology-Securing America's Interests
Adjunct Chief Technology Officer C3I&N PEO (Current Employee), Hanscom AFB, MAJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: mission oriented environment
Cons: large bureaucracy, non agile processes, antiquated policies not matched to current operational environments
I am at the tip of the spear in selecting,vetting and transitioning war winning capabilities and leading edge technologies that will provide an edge to our dedicated warfighters in their fight against terrorism and Cyber warfare.

I have learned to always open the aperture on the range of possibilities (environments, technology trade space and human capital) in my quest of possible solutions to a particular situation.

I believe in empowering and practicing open and genuine communication with my team members,suppliers and stake holders.

The most difficult part of my job is dealing with the cumbersome bureaucracy and antiquated policies that the DOD has in place governing the adoption/acquisition of cutting edge technologies.

The most enjoyable aspects of my job is being tasked with a vexing UON (Urgent Operational Need) that requires timely resolve where I engage my team and we discuss the art of the possible, engage known (and unknown resources) to find and deliver a solution.
Upbeat and Productive Workplace
Cyber Transport Supervisor (Current Employee), Joint Base Andrews, MarylandJanuary 27, 2015
Key duties include:

- Providing telecommunications support for Presidential mission, White House Comm Agency & 84 partner units
- Maintaining $155M voice/data wide area network & DoD's largest 30K-line multifunction switch system valued at $27M
- Coordinating operational matters w/ Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) & commercial communications offices
- Configuring, testing and repairing voice systems, LAN cables, connected terminals, hardware & patching equipment
- Customer service, planning, and scheduling
Challenging and Rewarding
Superintendent, GE Propulsion Programs (Former Employee), Langley AFB, VAJanuary 27, 2015
I have 26 years experience in the US Air Force within the industry of propulsion maintenance and management, aircraft production and working with dynamic teams. I have experience with seven engine production lines and two aircraft productions and have won multiple maintenance and management awards. I pride myself as a strategic thinker, adaptability, solving problems and working with teams.contract maintenance and aircraft refurbishment.
Weapons System Controller (Former Employee), FloridaJanuary 27, 2015
8hr work days, various paces from demanding to slower paced.
Team minded and high task list. Must be responsible. Hardest part is the time away from family and loved ones. Most enjoyable part is being part of a productive and respected entity.
Fast paced environment
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager (Former Employee), Multiple LocationsJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: comraderie, team environment and mentorship.
Cons: separation from family during deployments
Typical work day between three 10-hour overlapping shifts with daytime being the busiest. Constant training of new employees as part of career requires relocation of personnel. I developed great relationships with my co-workers. In turn I developed an advanced sense of cultural relations as we are from different parts of the United States and countries around the world. The hardest part of the job was deployments and relocating to new locations. I enjoyed being part of a moving part of a larger mission which was constantly changing.
Great job.
Executive Administration (Former Employee), VariousJanuary 27, 2015
Pros: people
Cons: hours
Great job to serve your country. Great people and honorable co-workers.
Air force
Computer operations Technician (Former Employee), midwest city okJanuary 26, 2015
I enjoyed the time i spent in the Air Force and what I was able to learn and some of the people I met are now friends for a lifetime.
Fast Paced Team Environment.
Aircraft Structural Maintenance Craftsman (Former Employee), Minot, NDJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: work on wide variety of airframes, and a wide range of people.
Cons: duty locations not always desireable.
A typical day started getting to work 15 minutes early, and reading about the previous shift work. This helped gain an understanding on what needed to be accomplished for the day. Managing people, and resources was instrumental to day to day operation of the shop, and required constant change as directions from higher up personnel.

I learned a great deal while serving in the Air Force, both personally and professionally. I learned how to lead and motivate people, as well as fine tuning my people skills to accomplish the task. This for sure, was the hardest part of the job, but at the same time the most enjoyable when a subordinate made a personal achievement.
Cyber Surety Supervisor
Wing Cyber Surety Supervisor (Current Employee), Edwards AFB, CAJanuary 26, 2015
During the course of 5 year working for the United States Air Force, I have been able to attend many courses, obtain certifications, and become proficient in many Information Technology tasks. The most enjoyable part of my day is when I get to start a project, make it my own, and see it to the finish. One of my fondest accomplishments is the creation of a Public Key infrastructure program that allowed for encryption. Another favorite aspect of my job is being able to use communication security methods to ensure information maintains its purest form (confidentiality).
A definite career and lifestyle choice.
Client Systems Administrator (Former Employee), Fairfield, CAJanuary 26, 2015
The best career I could have ever hoped to have. I learned more in my 10 years than I could have ever imagined.
Great experience
RF Transmission Systems Technician (Current Employee), Hill AFB, UTJanuary 26, 2015
Great benefits, new experiences.
each squadron is a different environment as well as each career field
awesome career. I would do it again if I could
Aerospace Ground Equipment Section Lead (Former Employee), Mountain Home AFB, IDJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: 30 days leave every year. free medical and dental care while active duty
Cons: deploying to hostile areas
Great place to work. Was able to travel a lot. Great for ability to progress. Typical day at work was getting everyone assigned jobs and getting them motivated to work. I learned a lot about leading people, mechanic work, work ethics. Coworkers were awesome. They enjoyed getting the training that was required throughout there career. Hardest part of the job was dealing with people who didn't understand my career field in supervision and even after explaining it to hem they still didn't understand. Working with a great team and being able to see other countries was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Great experience
Clinical Social Worker (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: travel
Cons: on call 24/7
Offers social workers the opportunity to work in variety of clinical settings.
Core Laboratory Supervisor
Medical Laboratory Phase II Course Supervisor (Former Employee), Keesler Air Force Base, Biloxi, MissippiJanuary 26, 2015
Pros: structure and discipline required to accomplish work in a busy laboratory
Cons: extremely heavy patient load
As Core Laboratory Supervisor at Keesler AFB, Missippi, we operated a fast paced section of the laboratory that included Chemistry, Hematology, Urinalysis, and Serology for the patient population at the second largest hospital in the Air Force at that time.
Our testing supported outpatient adults and children and inpatient testing for this very active population.
The team concept between our officers, enlisted and civilian employees was excellent. We worked hard to provide quality testing that provided the physician with accurate results used to treat each patient.
I enjoyed my military service and credit my attitude toward life as a result of the military ideals learned during my 20 years of service.
A once in a lifetime experience
Security Forces Apprentice (Former Employee), Ellsworth AFB, SDJanuary 26, 2015
The military in general isn't for the faint of heart. You either conform or don't. The outcome is base solely upon your actions. Whether you stay until retirement or before, you'll make some lifelong friendships
very fun!
command post specialist (Former Employee), scott afb,ilJanuary 25, 2015
enjoyed my experience while protecting my country. the people where amazing. life experiences where built.
Productive and Rewarding Career
Personnel/Customer Service (Current Employee), Tampa, FLJanuary 25, 2015
Throughout the workday you experience new challenges and new customers. Typically, everyday I would process evaluations, awards and decorations, leave, pay, and inprocessing and outprocessing members. I learned a variety of customer service skills such as: face to face, verbal and written communications. Everyone in my section pulls their own weight and helps out each other when needed. No one is left in the dark and everything is communicated to each other. The hardest part of the job would be deploying and being away from my family up to 6 months at a time. The most enjoyable part of the job is all of the people that you meet and all of the challenges that the day brings. No day is ever the same and there is always something new to learn.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more