U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Found 13,949 reviews matching the search
Dream job
Aircraft Fuel Systems Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKJuly 20, 2017
This job was everything i wanted or could have asked for in a job. All organizations were very respected and appreciated. Pride was shown everyday and everywhere.
Pros
respect for self and others
Cons
Pay wasn't fair compared to same job outside of service
Great experience and learning atmosphere
Civil Engineer (Former Employee) –  Andrews AFB, MDJuly 20, 2017
Best 18 years of my life. I wouldn't change a thing about my experience in the United States Air Force. The different cultural opportunities I was afforded over the years was priceless.
Pros
Job stability and free schooling
Cons
Deployments and overseas living
Outstanding leadership, and a privlige serving my country.
Deployment and Distribution Superintendent (Current Employee) –  Malmstrum AFBJuly 20, 2017
I began my Air Force career in 1997, a few years out of high school and ended in 12017. I would never change joining the military and the experience it gave me for life and a greater understanding of people. War is never fun, but it gave me a chance to fight for those who could not. The Air Force has given me a rock solid foundation for the rest of my life. I would definitely recommend a young person to give back by joining and fighting for their country if they can. It is a life changing experience that no one can take away.
Pros
Your Carear is in your control!
Cons
It will end one day.
fun and fast pace
Security Forces (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJuly 20, 2017
I enjoyed the pace and growth the Air Force offered. I liked the way that you could move up if you wanted and move around and see the world. I also enjoyed serving my country and creating a bond with people I worked with.
Just awesome
Manager (Former Employee) –  WorldwideJuly 20, 2017
There is so much I can so its not even funny. Well Its not a job its a way of life and I lived it everyday. Travel meet great people see things you otherwise never would while you provided a service to those around you and those who knew you.
Enjoyed it to the end
Aircraft Mechanic Supervisor (Former Employee) –  World wideJuly 20, 2017
Love every second of my 23 years of service. If I had to do it over again I would not hesitate to sign a contract committing me to a full 20 years...
Not worth the time
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJuly 20, 2017
The air force lacks in almost every aspect and is not worth joining unless absolutely desperate. On thr positive apsect they do provide skills that could advance your career in the future.
Military Service
USAF Security Forces Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Great Falls, MTJuly 20, 2017
Being a soldier allowed me to serve my country as well as take advantage of all the benefits of being in the Air Force. I was a military police officer and investigated all crimes against military personnel as well as their families.
Pros
Military benefits
Cons
Montana weather
Great job, Great Hours, Managment is a little lacky
Debrief Liason, Comm/Nav Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mount Holly, NJJuly 20, 2017
Each base is what you make of it. Management was a little lacking but overall a good experience. The job security was nice and the job training was excellent.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Job Stacking due to lack of personnel
Space Command Mental Health Consultant (Current Employee) –  Peterson AFB, COJuly 20, 2017
Very challenging and rewarding job. I have obtained valuable leadership skills and was afforded the opportunity to serve my fellow airmen by providing mental health services.
Pros
30 days leave, pay raise every year
Cons
Sometimes required to work extended hours.
Exciting and adventurous place to work.
Electronic Integrated Systems Mechanic WG (Current Employee) –  Klamath Falls, ORJuly 20, 2017
Any given day could be filled with any number of avionics problem to trouble shoot. Everything from electronic warfare systems to radar to integrated data links. The diversities of the problems that we work is exciting and challenging.
Opportunity to participate in incredible training
Pararescueman/Paramedic (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, FLJuly 19, 2017
The training and job of pararescue in itself is challenging and rewarding at the same time. However, I feel the military needs to take better action when it comes to taking care of its employees who were injured in the line of duty not only before discharge, but after discharge as well
Long hard days, leave feeling accomplished
Aerospce Maintenance Apprentice, Davis (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 19, 2017
Would Get to work 45 mins. early, check out necessary tools needed for the day.
Work all day no breaks; except lunch. Bring food back to office prepared to cut it short at any given moment.
Everyone got along no fighting no drama, it would be bad for the mission.
I learned a lot of skills working around sensitive aircraft's, learned what hard work felt like, and learned what it felt like to be part of a completely functional team.
Most enjoyable part was seeing the Aircraft take off.
Great Starting Point
Debrief Project Manager (Former Employee) –  FloridaJuly 19, 2017
The Air Force is great for anyone trying to start their professional careers. The work-life balance is not the best but the benefits if used properly are worth the hassle.
Excellent Career Choice
Federal Passport Agent, Human Resource Generalist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 19, 2017
Job security and advancement is excellent as long as you're in compliance with what is expected of you as an Airman and member of the military force. Pay is standard across the board for all ranks, time in service increases pay along with special duty assignments.
Pros
Benefits are unbeatable for yourself and family
Cons
Depending on career picked, your work schedule and the demands of the Air Force will require you to be resilient
Great experience
First-line Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Biloxi, MSJuly 19, 2017
Gained a lot of experience and very family oriented. Traveled a great deal. Was able to attain four CCAF degrees. Supervised and managed many military personnel.
Pros
free 30 days of leave every year
Maintaining Aerospace Ground Equipment
Aerospace Ground Equipment Mechanic (Former Employee) –  McGuire AFB, NJJuly 19, 2017
Day to day operations included servicing, dispatching, repairing, servicing and troubleshooting Aerospace Ground Equipment. I learned how to troubleshoot, read technical specifications, drawings, schematics and wiring diagrams. Culture was amazing, great environment, great teamwork. Hardest part of the job was deployments, being away from my family. All the life experiences and visiting new places was the most enjoyable.
Benefits
Cons
Deployments
Productive and fun
Military Police (Current Employee) –  Andrews AFB, MDJuly 19, 2017
learned different protection measures
enjoyed the TDYs I've been on
battle buddies always had my back
supervisers and higher ups were always making sure their troops were doing okay
Electronics
Avionic Electronic Technician (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEJuly 19, 2017
US Air Force, Omaha, NE 1990-1996
Avionic Electronic Technician
• Maintained electronics systems aboard E-4B aircraft including cryptographic, radio, satellite and radar systems.
• Conducted troubleshooting and repair of equipment down to the circuit board level.
• Held Top Secret level clearance.
• Honorable discharge E4.
Fast Paced workcents
Systems Administrator (Current Employee) –  Lackland AFB, TXJuly 19, 2017
System administration is my key job here although being in the military we do a multitude of jobs on any given day. No two days are the same here on base

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5