U.S. Air Force
7,650 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Daily task
Vehicle Maintenance Superintendent (Former Employee), Dyess AFB, TXJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Teamwork and camaraderie
Cons: Long deployments away from your loved ones.
A typical day in any branch of the military is reactionary at best. You plan and train everyday but sometime that isn't good enough. The key is to always have a game plan of the days events and try to stick to that. Take a break occasionally and go out and talk with the troops. The military is a family so communication is easier and those who have lived that lifestyle know what's expected of them everyday.
The hardest part of the job is not knowing when you'll be deployed overseas or if overseas when you'll be coming home. It's extremely difficult being away from your family but you keep pushing everyday knowing you are closer to going home. The most enjoyable part is the camaraderie between military members. You learn very early in your military career how important it is to count on each other.
Great place to work.
Electronic Technician (Former Employee), Wpafb, OHJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Always learning something new.
Cons: RIF
Always learning new skills while keeping my country safe. Training was great. Great coworkers. Feeling of accomplishment while keeping my country safe.
Mission oriented, strict but fair work environment.
Service Journeyman (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKJuly 3, 2015
The Air Force was a great career and treated me well for my service. I most likely would have stayed in until retirement, but I decided to separate to spend more time with family and pursue higher education.
Exciting Palce to work
First Sergeant (Former Employee), Andrews Air Force Base Camp Springs MarylandJuly 3, 2015
Pros: Free meals
Cons: Long hours
Exciting environment that changed from day to day. I learned how to deal with people situations and be straight forward. Coworkers can be nice and not so nice. The hardest part was being away from home and missing family. Traveling was the most enjoyable part of the job.
Military is a great way to serve your country.
Security Forces Officer (Former Employee), South CarolinaJuly 3, 2015
Was a very enjoyable experience with so many lesson's and things to learn.I would do it all over again if the chance arrived.
US Air Force T.A.C.P
Tactical Air Control Party (Former Employee), Pineville, LAJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Job satisfcation
Cons: A lot of travel
Never the same thing twice, one day at the shooting range working small unit tactics. The next controlling aircraft to call in close air support.

Great group of guys to work with, small tight nit community!

Being away from home would be the hardest part.

Dispatching known enemy threats.
Opportunity to do more with life and skills
Inflight Refueler/Combat Spt Flt Superintendent (Former Employee), Tampa, FLJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Travel, unique mission
Cons: Being away from family and friends for long stretches
Working for the Air Force was the best career decision I ever made. It isn't for everyone, but it gave me opportunities to learn, grow, and see parts of the world I would never seen otherwise. I learned what I was capable of and how I could contribute to a group that was bigger than myself. My co-workers were the best. You could always count on meeting someone from somewhere you'd never been (or in some cases heard of) and finding so much in common-besides the mission. The hardest part of the job was knowing that you wouldn't get to continue working with the same people since either you or they would be moving elsewhere eventually. The best part of the job was knowing the difference I was making on the global stage.
Enjoyable learning experience
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee), Elmendorf AFB, AKJuly 2, 2015
I enjoyed the challenge of going from working on airplanes to being in an office. They made the transition fun and easy to learn.
It was an honor protecting our country.
Avionics Specialist (Former Employee), Holloman AFB, NMJuly 2, 2015
Pros: Being an integral part of keeping the planes flying.
Cons: No cons to speak of.
I was an Avionics Systems Specialist for the F-15 Strike Eagle during the Post-Vietnam era. The USAF had the best living conditions and some of the brightest minds in the military services.
Outstanding Opportunity
Career Development Course Writer (Current Employee), Sheppard AFB, TXJuly 1, 2015
Terrific place to work with an outstanding opportunity to influence the future members/leaders of our nations air power. Leadership places great emphasis on developing our Airmen of all ranks.
Bottom line...Good
Crew Chief (Former Employee), VariousJuly 1, 2015
Pros: benefits
Cons: depends on who you are and what job you have
My review of my former employer is just that...mine. I do not wish to make my review/opinion a matter of public record. Furthermore, my opinion is predicated on my job and experience and not a reflection of the U.S. Air Force as a whole.
The Best
Pest Management Journeyman (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCJuly 1, 2015
If you have the right people around you, you'll go far. Keeping the flight-line and base housing pest-free keeps people happy and productive.
If you can make it 20
Lt Col (Former Employee), Lackland AFB, TXJuly 1, 2015
No real issues. The moved me to much but I got an early retirement so there was a tradeoff. Most people are intelligent and motivated who work for them.
Great Learning Experience
1N0 (Former Employee), Hampton, VAJuly 1, 2015
The Air Force was a very great learning experience that helped to train me in professionalism. I had the chance to work with people from all corners of the U.S. The job has multiple ups the only down is that like all things it's not for every body.
Average Day
Chef & Fitness Specialist (Former Employee), United StatesJune 30, 2015
Pros: Great People
Cons: Away from Family
I was a shift leader and worked on a 12 hour Panama Schedule. My management and I developed enough trust in each other that the workflow became seamless after a few months. Even with new troops in the work environment, we managed to remain cohesive.
The hardest part of the job was multitasking. I enjoyed Thursdays the most because that's when we had to wear our blues uniform.
Aircraft Armament Systems Apprentice
Aircraft Maintenance (Former Employee), Eglin AFB, FLJune 30, 2015
Pros: Medical/ Dental benefits, job security
Cons: High stress, long hours
Work in the US Air Force was challenging, and rewarding. I would have liked to devote more years, but due to my own medical conditions I chose to separate. I enjoyed being in new places, meeting new people, and the work was exciting and unlike anything I could have imagined.
Great Life Experience
Security Forces Specialist (Former Employee), Patrick Afb, FLJune 30, 2015
Typical day was 12 to 14 hr shift and every other weekend off. I was a military police and at times it was hard to do the long hours but off time paid off being in Okinawa Japan. I'm still friend with a lot of co workers from the military. The hardest part was being away from family for so long and the most enjoyable part was travelling.
Over all a fun place to work and have fun with everyone
Supply Technician (Former Employee), Fairchild WashingtonJune 30, 2015
Pros: Worked 7:30 to 4:30 Monday thru Friday
Cons: Internal Employees who where set in their ways.
I learned to think out side the box.

Management was to influenced by people who should not have as much power over them.

I did a similar job at Ellsworth and the management was more professional and community minded.
Military
Emergency Actions Controller (Former Employee), Hill AFB, UTJune 30, 2015
It's the Air Force. It's Military. Plenty of benefits and lots of things to learn. Advancement is based on multiple different aspects, but mainly how well you do your job.
Military Life
Vice President of Airman Council (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NevadaJune 29, 2015
My overall review is that the US Air force taught me how to be independent, disciplined, and alert in everyday and battle life situations.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more

U.S. Air Force Salaries