U.S. Air Force
7,856 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Excellent Opportunity
Electrical Technician (Current Employee), JPCJuly 31, 2015
One of the greatest decisions I have ever made. The Air Force provides a great opportunity to strive to complete personal goals along with organizational goals .
Excellent training and travel opportunities with unbeatable benefits.
Facilities Superintendent/ Team Leader (Former Employee), WorldwideJuly 31, 2015
Pros: 30-days leave per year is excellent! Medical and retirement benefits unmatched!
Cons: Being in a wartime environment is never good.
Military life is well structured and gives you a great foundation for a skill and the opportunity to become an expert at your job. Excellent benefits across the board. Opportunities to see the world.
Whiteman AFB
CONTROL SECTION MANAGER (Former Employee), Whiteman AFB, MOJuly 31, 2015
My time as Control Section Manager was filled with challenges everyday My day usually started around 6:00 AM and ended at 6:00 PM, Monday-Friday. While performing in this capacity I learned the responsibilities of senior management processes while overseeing the day to day operations of my unit and it's personnel. The hardest part of my job was balancing the needs of all the sections as well as the needs of outside agencies. The best part of my job were the people that worked for me. As difficult as it can be, the right attitudes can conquered even the most difficult tasks.
Productive and fun place with basketball hoop.
Packer/Shipper (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXJuly 31, 2015
While there wasn't much room for advancement, the job was easy and the team was more like a family. Everyone had each other's back. The Management team was exceptional.
Daily Duty
Senior Functional Specialist (Current Employee), Hanscom AFB, MAJuly 31, 2015
Manage continuous updates to databases, phone lists, recall rosters, etc.
• Create and manage Action Item/Suspense process and database, monitor daily, add/close, etc.
• Back up data manager; download CDRL files for the team, send files to distribution lists
• Work independent tasking’s such as: SGN/AF7 connectivity. Have all the players and will be moving forward
A great starting point
Procurement Contracting Officer (PCO) (Current Employee), Luke AFB, AZJuly 31, 2015
Pros: great beneits, job security, perdictable pay
Cons: long unperdicatable hours, high stress
Its a great way to start your career and get the experience. In the long term though it create significant strain on your career, progression, and family.
Great Career
Centralized Repair Network Manager (Current Employee), Langley AFB, VAJuly 31, 2015
Pros: Stability and benefits.
Cons: Lack of freedom, it's the military after all.
Air Force career was very rewarding. Allowed me to see the world, get an education, and provided great benefits. If you take advantage of opportunities and prepare early for retirement (second career) it can be a great experience.
Productive and fun workplace
Management Analyst - Staff Sergeant (SSgt) (Former Employee), Keesler AFB, MSJuly 31, 2015
Pros: High Morale, Supportive
Working in the Air Force as a Management Analyst was rewarding, fun, challenging, fulfilling, and interesting. Management was committed to professionally developing their people and ensuring they have all the tools they need to complete the mission.
Exciting and amazing journey
Aerospace Science Instructor (Current Employee), Warner Robins, GeorgiaJuly 30, 2015
Serving in the armed forces is an honor full of amazing career opportunities. A person can change their way of life as a member
Very productive, very fun
KC-135 Crew Chief (Current Employee), Wrightstown, NJJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Difference maker
Cons: N/A
I love working for the United States Air Force. I love protecting my country and I love making a difference. Being in the military is something that I've always wanted to do.
Overall Great Experience
Registered Nurse (RN) (Former Employee), Travis AFB, CAJuly 30, 2015
Pros: comradery, the support and encouragement of higher ranking officers
Cons: Active duty RNs automatically groomed for management. I chose bedside nursing
I joined at age 41. I was working as an RN in Urgent Care and while shopping, began chatting with a nice woman who turned out to be a recruiter. The Air Force had a shortage of nurses and were hiring RNs up to age 48. My children were launched and I joined on impulse. I had grown up near an Air Force Base and had friends whose parents were military, so I had some familiarity. A typical work day was almost identical to my civilian work day, except I wore an Air Force uniform. My first assignment was on Ambulatory Care, followed by a Medical Surgical floor, then PACU. Management was very supportive. I believe being a mature female and experienced RN contributed to that support. My co workers were numerous and also supportive. The hardest part was getting used to all the acronyms and what ranks meant on the hierarchy scale. Having a sense of humor got me over the rough spots.The most enjoyable part was my patient population. From Generals to Airmen, I treated them all with the same compassion and cheerful attitude. I enjoyed the sense of community in the Air Force. We were all in the same boat. After 4 years I went into an Active Reserve Group until my resignation in 2008. I still miss my last Unit.
Military
Operations Superintendent (Former Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Travel
Cons: Little control over where you live
It is military life. You will travel and very few will never travel. You get what you put into it. Always keep an open mind because you have to work with people all over the country from different cultures.
Law Enforcement Specialist in the Air Force
Law Enforcement Specialist (Former Employee), Eilsen AFB, AkJuly 30, 2015
Patrol the base, write reports, dispatch police/fire/medical as needed. Learned supervisory skills and communication skills. Supervisors lead by example, teaching everyone how to become the best possible.
A journey.
Hydraulics Systems Craftsman / Supervisor (Current Employee), tinker afbJuly 30, 2015
Pros: School
Cons: Schedule/Sacrifice
Great adventure. I would do it again. The Air Force has given me lots of knowledge. I learned hydraulics and worked on the F-15 and E-3 AWACS.
Challenging ,exciting job ,with travel and full benefits
Structural Repair Specialist/Supervisor (Former Employee), Mtn Home, IDJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Travel
Cons: Being away from family, occasionally
My job as a Structural Repair Specialist was believably exciting .Working on Super Sonic Jets always offered a challenge ,and the rewards were the satisfaction of watching them run ,takeoffs and landings.Being directly involved with the jets offered me the opportunity to travel to several parts of the world and compete with other jets,
There was never a typical day ,each day offered something new ,and the rewards were being a part of a great team accomplishing our goals
Productive and a sense of accomplishment daily.
Readiness Superintendent (Current Employee), McGuire AFB, NJJuly 30, 2015
Loved serving my country. The supervisors I had taught me a lot. Like any other government agency there is the red tape and the politics.
Structured and strict
Medical Technician (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVJuly 30, 2015
Pros: Convenient for my life style
Cons: Being away from my family
On a typical day at work I see patients who really needs our help and just looking at them, and talking to them gives me a great pleasure of doing my job. I work with the people who experience the hardship of being in the military. I learn to do my job very efficiently which makes the rest of the day go smoothly. My coworkers are very pleasant to work with I believe that treating your peers like family really goes a long way. I would say the hardest part of my job is knowing that someone passed away.
I learned a lot in the military
Floor Lead (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GAJuly 30, 2015
Working in the Air force was very demanding as being a mechanic. It was very face pace and you had to pick up on the knowledge that was giving to you quickly.
friends, 2nd family, reliable
Information Knowledge Manager (Former Employee), Charleston, SCJuly 29, 2015
Pros: benefits, coworkers, management
Cons: distance away from home & family
would get to work, get the job done by the time it needed to be done. I learned how to get things done in a timely manner. The coworkers were amazing, basically like family.
Great employment
Target Analysis/Reporter (Former Employee), Lackland AFB, TXJuly 29, 2015
Very challenging, but rewarding experience. The military has a lot to offer and can help most people advance in their lives. They encourage further education and provide security and comfortable lifestyles (unless you're sloppy with your money).

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more

U.S. Air Force Salaries