U.S. Air Force
6,844 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

Military construction company
Heavy Equipment Journeymen (Former Employee), Spangdahlem Germany, Las Vegas NevadaMarch 2, 2015
Worked and supervised with members of a team to get the job done. Mainly in heavy equipment. Also in the repair and placement of pavement.
Internship Prepares you for Job
Civil Engineer Intern (Former Employee), Warner Robins, GAMarch 2, 2015
My internship at Robins Air Force Base really prepared me for my field. This internship helped me gain the employment that I have today.
Great training
Aircrew Life Support Survival Instructor (Former Employee), Del Rio, TXMarch 2, 2015
The AF has wonderful benefits and training opportunities for people wanting to both reenlist or separate and join the civilian work force.
Worth it to join, but has it's downsides
Shift Supervisor, Satellite and Wideband Systems (Current Employee), Andrews AFB, MDMarch 2, 2015
Pros: typically one hour and a half lunch, flexible time off, and access to base services such as legal, education center, fitness center, etc.
Cons: constantly changes, very unpredictable, changes in leadership style
The Air Force was the best thing that ever happened to me, but things are not all good and dandy. You need to really sit down and think about the implications joining the military will have for you and whether or not you are truly ready for the life style. First off, I joined the AF for the education, the travel and the discipline. You will probably get all three to some degree but you may end up being sent to somewhere you do not want to go so be cognizant of that. I have been in for six years and one thing I have realized throughout that time is that the military will always change. Changes in leadership, changes in regulations, and changes to tempo in work are common. You may love your leadership one day and then something happens and all of a sudden you are miserable and you want to get out. You learn about your particular field and you also (usually) get afforded the opportunity to led and work on a project you would never be able to work on in the civilian world. I have grown as a person throughout my time in the military and I have developed skills few have.
Teaching is a blast.
Comm, Nav, Defensive Avionics Systems Instructor (Former Employee), Denver, COMarch 2, 2015
Pros: esprit de corps and comraderie
Cons: lousy pay, frequent reassignments, and little control over where you worked and even sometimes what you did.
Get to work early for a 6 AM class start. Open the classroom and get materials ready. Then teach 50 minutes an hour, with 10 minute breaks every hour until Noon.

Teaching was very enjoyable. The sense of accomplishment as students learn material was very rewarding.
NEVER FORGET IT
Behavioral Counselor Assistant (Former Employee), Oklahoma City, OKMarch 2, 2015
GREAT PLACE TO WORK AND SUPER RESPECTABLE WORKERS. EVERYONE THERE IS SO NICE. I LEARNED ALOT AT THIS FACILITY AND THE SKILLS THAT WHAT TAUGHT TO ME CAN WILL ABLE TO MAKE ME A BETTER FIT FOR FUTURE JOBS,
Best Decision
Surgical Technologist (Former Employee), Biloxi, MSMarch 1, 2015
This was the best decision I have ever made for my life. I have met life long friends and colleagues that I will never forget.
USAF : Air Power
Security Forces Apprentice (Former Employee), Cheyenne WyMarch 1, 2015
Pros: i enjoyed wearing the unifrom
Cons: sometimes people take for granted the sacrifices military personnel take
long hours. learned how to manage time effectively. learning about people cultures and their beliefs was challenging. Knowing when and when not to opinionate a response. Hardest part of the job stay dedicated when your life is at state. best part of the job was meeting new people constantly.
USAF experience
Dental Assistant (Current Employee), Ellsworth AFBMarch 1, 2015
Pros: job security, paid vacation/leave/holidays, great team work.
Cons: deployments, seldom poor leadership/management.
I enjoy working for the USAF. My co-workers and supervisors are amazing at their jobs. The job itself is very fulfilling as I help my fellow service members in their dental needs or concerns. However, the mission must always come first before anything else. I can't deny the fact that serving my country is not easy but rewarding. The Air Force will always be a part of my life but my real passion is Information Technology.
Lifestyle Change for the better
Military Training Instructor (Former Employee), World WideMarch 1, 2015
Pros: career, advancement, people, benefits
Cons: time away from family
Great start to the beginning of a new life. This is not just a job, but is a "Career" and a complete lifestyle change. The benefits are top notch and cannot be beat. The only down side would be the time away from family. I would definitely do it all over again if I had to go back.
Serving our Great Nation
EMT (Current Employee), MinneapolisMarch 1, 2015
The only thing that can be said is that it is an honor to serve in the greatest Air Force this world has, and I would not change any choices that I have made that lead me to where I am today.
Last assignment before I retired from the U.S. Air Force. It was had to say farewell.
CHIEF, ORDERLY ROOM/NCOIC INFORMATION MANAGEMENT (Former Employee), Eielson AFB, AKMarch 1, 2015
Pros: worked with many talented staff. part of seeing new technologies becoming part of the future.
Cons: long vacations (time off) was difficult due the nature of our work.
Our squadron supported the Pacific Command indirectly as well as directly. The four shuttles landed at this base while I was stationed there. Public PR was extremely important. Other aspects of my worked adjudication and acceptance of someone being able to get a classified clearance to do their job. This and working in the Orderly Room (same as Human Resources) meant my work had to be precise and kept confidential from the public and only released by those authorized.
Productive and fun, Travel a lot, great career
Combat Arms Instructor (Former Employee), South DakotaMarch 1, 2015
My typical day would be to train a classroom of 20 personnel on marksmanship fundamentals, and coach them on the firing line. I learned a lot from this job in the military. I learned discipline, how to be professional at all times, law enforcement, and firing arms instructor.
Fun and close knit work environment
Air Traffic Control Specialist (Current Employee), Tinker AFB, OKMarch 1, 2015
I very much enjoyed my time working with the USAF. I quickly advanced in the company and was given every opportunity to succeed. Great place to work!
Work Horse
Leader, Patrolman, Internal and External Security (Current Employee), Cheyenne Mountain AFS Colorado SpringsFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: medical benefits, education benefits, and living conditions
Cons: 14-16 hour shifts, hard to complete college, and lack of rest
Being in the Air Force, I had learned in the last six years what it takes to maintain a healthy and productive lifestyle. I had learned to help others, follow, and lead to the best of my ability. I understand very well and able adapt to many environments. The most difficult thing about my career field as a Security Forces member would be the long work hours and all of the physical training. I understood that it came with the territory, therefore at the same time it also became my most enjoyable part. Learning responsibility as a young adult was also a little tough because I deployed early and had the biggest responsibility of my life. I knew lives were at stake and it was also the best feeling to know I was taking care of people, not just as fellow co-workers but as human beings (family).
Great Time
Security Dispatcher (Former Employee), Colorado Springs, COFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: pay & medical benefits
Cons: time away from family
The best part about my job was the people I met and friends I'll have for a lifetime. Also having the opportunity to serve my Country was amazing.
Great camaraderie, hard and fast paced job, honorable duty.
Rank Staff Sergeant, Grade E5 (Former Employee), Glendale, AZFebruary 28, 2015
Pros: great benefits and great job advancement.
Cons: high stress at times.
A typical day in the aircraft hanger in which I worked consisted of equipment maintenance, wash rack clean up of equipment, and delivering serviceable equipment out to pilots on the base flight line. I learned how to work with a team to achieve goals. I learned that you are only as strong as your weakest link. The most important aspect I learned from my job is that you have to have 3 main qualities to succeed in life. You have to have integrity, put service before yourself, and strive to be excellent in everything that you do. Management changed periodically but overall most supervisors were very knowledgeable and very mentoring. My co-workers were the best part of the job. We worked together everyday and accomplished great tasks even under stressful situations. Hardest part of my job in the Air Force was the time that I had to spend away from my family. The most enjoyable part of my job was knowing that I was serving my Country and making my family proud.
Military Life
Superintendent of Safety (Current Employee), HawaiiFebruary 28, 2015
Most of my days are spent addressing safety issues involving the military of 52% of the Earth's surface. Occasionally I have to participate in military affairs but mostly I concentrate on my primary duties.
Unfair and discriminatory
Administrative Support Specialist (Former Employee), Goodfellow AFB, TXFebruary 27, 2015
Pros: decent pay, free rent, free healthcare, free food, travel
Cons: discrimination, anti-gay, homophobic practices, job politics
Extremely negative experience. Just because they repealed Don't Ask Don't Tell and DOMA doesn't mean the higher level command has changed their opinions on gay service members. Constant threats and harassment and when I went to my chain of command, they did nothing. The Air Force is entirely anti-gay.
Great training opportunities
Security Forces Journeyman (Former Employee), Beale AFB, CAFebruary 27, 2015
You have the chance to get as much or as little training as you want. You can better your job knowledge and get further education while in if you are willing to work hard for it.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more