U.S. Air Force
7,065 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

Great Ideals - Poor Implementation
Pavements and Equipment Craftsman (Current Employee), Las Vegas, NVMarch 31, 2015
The corporate structure of the USAF has great intentions and are making great progress with their company. However, the lower level management on the enlisted side seem to be having difficulty getting with the times and preventing discrimination based on clique type culture.
Fullfilling work
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee), Seymour Johnson Air Force Base, NCMarch 31, 2015
Work is hard but rewarding. Long hours with shifts that varied week to week. Members in the military are extremely committed to each other and take the well being of co-workers to heart. At times it can be difficult to be separated from your family for extended periods of time, weeks, months, and even years. Service and commitment to the service of your country is the most rewarding part of the job.
Great
ISR COLLECTION MANAGER/PED ANALYST (Current Employee), Shaw AFB, SCMarch 31, 2015
Had it not been for the Air Force, I would not have the job opportunities I have today. I would recommend signing up for any young adult looking for an opportunity to succeed.
Provides valuable training and skills for professional growth
Services Specialist (Former Employee), Whiteman AFB, MOMarch 31, 2015
Pros: Job Stability and on-going training
Cons: long deployments
Best decision of my life! The United States Air Force gave me the education, training, managerial skills and structure that I needed to become a strong and successful leader.
Fast paced and productive environment. Strong values and no rest for the best.
Service Academy Instructor (Former Employee), Fort Lee, VAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: Life experience, education and benefits
Cons: time from family and friends, Casualties and long long hours
My job was very diverse. I could be working in a fitness center one moment and the next be asked to pall bear a casket. My time in the service has given me the ability to go with the flow as well as taught me to follow the rules to a tee. I work well with others and sometimes even better alone, but I am a very dedicated individual with a lot of passion behind whatever it is that I am doing. I love people and that was probably the most enjoyable part of my job.
great work enviorment
Vehicle maintenance Journeyman (Former Employee), Moody AFB, GAMarch 30, 2015
Pros: serve your country
Cons: dont pick where you live
typical day at work consited of doing minor maintence to any of the Air Forces assests. great enivorment to work at. i learned alot while i was in from other co workers and supervisors.
100%
Client System Support Technician (Former Employee), Hurlburt Field, FLMarch 30, 2015
I enjoyed my years in the Air Force. If I could do it all over again I would but I currently enjoy being a civilian. Benefits were great where can you beat paid medical/dental, housing allowance, subsistence allowance.
Air Force
Air Transportation Operation Center Supervisor (Former Employee), Little Rock AFB, ARMarch 30, 2015
I would and have told other people to join the Air Force. It teaches you a skill which you can grow with in the future. The best part of the Air Force is the people you work with.
It's the military
Training Instructor/Crew Chief (Former Employee), Anchorage, AKMarch 29, 2015
Pros: It's the military!
Cons: It's the military...
It's the military; I'm sure you can imagine what it's like. It does have it's benefits but of course it has downfalls. The health benefits are great.
US AIR FORCE
Firefighter/EMT (Former Employee), Fairchild AFB, WAMarch 29, 2015
IF YOU HAVE DECENT SUPERIORS THIS CAN BECAME AN AMAZING CAREER, THE USAF FIRE DEPARTMENT IS DEFINITELY A DREAM JOB. I REALLY ENJOYED EVERYTHING BUT THE POLITICS.
Amazing
Manager of Deployment Training (Current Employee), Grand Forks AFB, NDMarch 29, 2015
I love the military and I love the people I work with. I enjoyed learning something new every single day and learning how to apply my problem solving skills to the multiple scenarios that you are faced with ever day. Being able to lead people in the military is an extremely rewarding thing that was helped me to understand how to better managed individuals and groups alike.
Military
System Control Supervisor/Mobility Readiness NCOIC (Former Employee), Macon GAMarch 29, 2015
Pros: Loved the job
Cons: Leadership was poor
The opportunity to work for my country was a pleasure. I loved everything about the military. I loved working for the USAF, the quality of life focusing on welfare ad morale is what a truly love about USAF.
I get to serve my country
Air Force Administrative Personnel Apprentice (Current Employee), Biloxi, MSMarch 29, 2015
Its ok. But I am a guy that likes action in my life but the airforce doesn't have it. People are greedy and it makes me sick. management is controlled by those kissing butt to get to where they are and my favorite PRIDE AND ARROGANCE is in the military a lot.
Summary- Air Force
Knowledge Operator (Current Employee), LacklandMarch 28, 2015
Pros: Hour lunch great staff
Cons: Seasonal training
Knowledge Operator
x
ICU Clinical Nurse (Current Employee), Travis AFB CAMarch 28, 2015
Pros: x
Cons: x
Very rewarding position working with the Military Retirees..an absolute honor. Excellent leadership here and well managed units. Supplies are always available and if needed the supply clerk will order samples on-request. The physicians are very professional and approachable.and always available when needed.
A great place to work.
Fuels Operations Supervisor (Former Employee), Minot, NDMarch 28, 2015
Working in the worlds #1 Air Force gave me a great sense of mission accomplishment & being. I learned that nothing is impossible with the right attitude.
Great
Functional Area Manager (Current Employee), Bossier City, LAMarch 27, 2015
Great way to establish a career and serve your country, while traveling throughout the world see many different cultures and getting an education.
Air Force work ethic
Structural Engineer (Former Employee), Eielson AFB, AKMarch 27, 2015
In my 11 years as an active duty Air Force structural craftsman I gained a great amount of knowledge and experience. As I progressed through the ranks, I was challenged with greater responsibilities and leading teams to complete tasks that were assigned to me. I always rose to these challenges and gained a great leadership mentality and ability to get the job done on time and 100% correct.
Amazing Start on life
Safety and Compliance Manager (Current Employee), Tucson, AZMarch 26, 2015
The air force is definitely worth it if you are getting into it directly after high school or college. I think that the management skills they instill on you is well worth the sacrifice of joining.
Structured
E-3 Airman 1st Class (Current Employee), Knob Noster, MOMarch 26, 2015
Pros: structured
Cons: away from the family
The military broke me down then molded me to where they wanted me to be. There is nothing wrong with that. I enjoyed my time during active duty with the military. It was very structured and organized. That has stayed with me even after going inactive.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more

U.S. Air Force Salaries