U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Found 12,084 reviews matching the search
Usaf america's finest
Director, Strategic Fuels Planning & Management (Current Employee) –  Barksdale AFB, LAJanuary 19, 2017
The United States Air Force is the greatest Air Force the world has ever seen!

A great place to be a part of something bigger than yourself!

Come see the world!
Great ecourage everyone
Services Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Fort Lee, VAJanuary 19, 2017
It was the greatest decision to join. They treat everybody amazing. Everything is fair. They encourage everybody to be a strong leader. It's a life decision and commitment.
Great place to start a career
Computer Technician (Former Employee) –  Whiteman AFB, MOJanuary 19, 2017
Awesome experience, gave me sense of doing something important serving my country. The people I worked with remain friends forever. The ultimate team experience
Pros
Job satisfaction
Cons
low pay
Proffesional/ Friendly enviroment
Material Management (Former Employee) –  Dover, DEJanuary 19, 2017
You are directly contacted by maintenance ! your job is to pull parts, while keeping accurate inventory. It is important to prioritize with maintenance assuring they have what is needed to finish daily missions.
Relaxed environment
Computer Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Rome, NYJanuary 19, 2017
Very old schooled. Most of the work was confidential and therefore I was not able to access or do much during my internship here. People are nice and willing to help but often have a lot of work on their own. Hours are relaxed with summer hours.
Vehicle operator Dispatcher
Vehicle operator/Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJanuary 19, 2017
I would go in and set up the taxi dispatch, take calls from servicemen needing rides around the base. Set up reoccurring rides for visiting officers.
Make sure that all vehicles are checked and signed off showing that fuel levels are on full and oil and transmission is full. Assign an operator to was vehicles when there are no taxi rides needed.
As a vehicle operator I would drive everything from a quarter ton pickup truck to a ten ton tractor trailer. I drove the 44 passenger bus to pick up servicemen coming home from temporary duty. I used the forklift to load freight onto the trailers before taking it to Kelly AFB.
I trained operators on the use of the different vehicles, mainly on the ten ton wrecker. I was the second shift lead for about a year until 2 of the airmen took a ten ton tractor and mis-used it, even though I did not know it happened it was held against me as the lead. The most enjoyable part of my time was meeting all the different people that flew into our base and being able to go to Germany where I met some very nice people, I learned a lot during my time in the Air Force.
Pros
Provided clothing a place to live and insurance.
Cons
away from your family.
Great Experience
Contract Administrator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 19, 2017
The Air Force provided extensive training and experience. The Air Force provides opportunities for an individual to grow in character and education through continuous education and team work.
really interesting job
Aircraft Refueler (Former Employee) –  TexasJanuary 19, 2017
teamwork, accountability, gained greater respect for country, loved working around aircraft, learned respect for others, and life skills for future employment
Pros
life skills and respect for others
Cons
being away from family
Loved my co-workers, and my Chief at Tinker Air Force Base
PA - Program Assistant, GS (Former Employee) –  Tinker AFB, OKJanuary 19, 2017
- A typical day on Tinker AFB consisted of ensuring that all task were met in a timely manner, very important task
- Learned how to be persistent as needed to complete all task, was able to train a group that consisted of many different types of cultures in regards to any new administrative procedures, timekeeping, guidelines/policies.
- Learned how to effectively communicate with all types of individuals to get the job done
- Worked very closely with Management in regards to upcoming deadlines, new office procedures, suggestions on ways to better out workflow, etc...Had a superb relationship with Management
- Workplace culture was extremely diversified
- Hardest part of the job was attempting to communicating with Engineers that were in other countries traveling and they may not have provided a timesheet
- Most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that the group, comprised of 255 employees not including Management was like a family, really enjoyed working with this group...
Pros
Was afforded the opportunity to be a part of several different working groups, with different projects, and needs which in turn provided me with a wide range of skills
Cons
Not enough salary associated with the duties
Great place to grow
DoD Financial Improvement (Current Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 19, 2017
The Air Force is an excellent way to plant your roots and grow. Gives you the tools and experience to succeed in life.
Get up early and go to bed early
Great Place to work
PCMH Program Business Manager (Current Employee) –  Sheppard AFB, TXJanuary 19, 2017
It has been a great learning experience and privilege to daily serve and work with active duty members and their families.
Its the Military. What do you expect?
Vehicle Operator (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXJanuary 19, 2017
Management varies greatly on location, as does workload and morale. Keep fit, follow orders, and kiss the officers boots and you'll do fine.
Pros
"Free" healthcare
Cons
Could deploy anytime
Great place to start
Administration Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJanuary 19, 2017
The AF instilled in myself many values. To me it is a great place to start a career or just as a young adult, learn very valuable life skills. The create a perfect place to learn skills to carry over into a civilian career.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Deployments could be hard on families
Airman in the United States Air Force
Human Resource Manager (Current Employee) –  Osan Air Base Republic of KoreaJanuary 18, 2017
Must be adaptable to new and changing situations. Must be willing to assist where and when needed by superiors. Must maintain good order and discipline to operate as a highly functioning unit. Open to and willing to accept and implement change. The hardest part is leaving a group of highly motivated and dedicated individuals. The most enjoyable part is helping and enabling those replacing you the skills to be successful in the future.
Pros
Job security, opportunity for advancement
Cons
Long hours and time away from family
Tough job with long hours
Management Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Andrews AFB, MDJanuary 18, 2017
Work lots of hours and a fast aircraft tempo. Co workers aren't bad, but the work is tough on you. Be prepared to devote your life to work while in the service.
Great
Logistics Readiness Officer (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJanuary 18, 2017
Great place to work and live. The work life and culture is great and if one can continue a career in here it is an ideal place to work. The opportunities are endless.
Military life can be great, if it's right for you.
Section Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Charlottesville, VAJanuary 18, 2017
As of Aug 2017 I will have retired from the U.S. Air Force after serving 20 years. I joined straight out of high school so this is the only adult life I've known, but I would do it again if I had the chance. However, I have a deep sense of duty, so taking orders and working as part of a team came naturally to me. I would recommend the military to anyone, but be sure you're there for the right reasons. There are good benefits even for those that don't stay until retirement. However, I would caution making a career of it unless you have that sense of duty, patriotism, or drive to serve your country. The military life isn't easy, but it can bring an amazing sense of accomplishment, for you and your fellow military members.
Usaf
Propulsion Specialist (Former Employee) –  Luke AFB, AZJanuary 18, 2017
Great place to work with competitive pay. Fast paced environment, and travel is 100%. Management is constantly revolving, most enjoyable part of the jobs is the travel, typical work days include working in remote locations with limited resources in austere environments.
Great place to start life and work
Avionics Technician (Former Employee) –  Victorville, CAJanuary 18, 2017
My experience in the United States Air Force is something I wouldn't trade for anything. It has help shape me into the person that I am and I would, and do tell anyone to go for it.
Pros
Great place to begin life and work.
Cons
Deployments
Learned Valuable Management skills
Career field functional manager (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAJanuary 18, 2017
Given proper tools and training to include professional military education which assisted in my growth as a leader and job knowledge.
Pros
Great Comradery
Cons
To much time away from family being deployed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.

4.6