U.S. Air Force
5,657 reviews

U.S. Air Force Employer Reviews

job
3M051 Food Service Specialist (Former Employee), Goldsboro, NCSeptember 19, 2014
It was a learning experience that I enjoyed very much. It was fun
Protecting my Country
Armament Systems Journeyman Backshop (Former Employee), Shaw AFB, SCSeptember 19, 2014
Had a blast in the Air Force!! Learned leadership skills most of all. Still have a sense of pride from my time in the AF!!!
Great environment
Program Manager (Current Employee), Maxwell AFB Gunter Annex, ALSeptember 19, 2014
Great environment with passionate Airmen! They embody the United States Air Force core values of Integrity, Service Before Self and Excellence in All We Do.
Fun if you keep a positive attitude
HVAC/R CRAFTSMAN (Current Employee), Aviano AB, ItalySeptember 19, 2014
Pros: meeting new people constantly and lots of travel worldwide
Cons: 24/7 on call, lots of time and money needs to be managed better
Good times if you can keep a positive attitude and block out the Godless, foulmouthed people who work there.
Medical Materiel Standardization for Tri-Care Regions
Designated Senior Clinician, MMESO South (Former Employee), San Antonio, TXSeptember 19, 2014
Pros: team spirit. very supportive executive staff. excellent training and learning opportunity
The San Antonio Military Health System (SAMHS) developed from the San Antonio Military Medical Office to optimize healthcare delivery to military members, their families, and retirees within in the San Antonio region. SAMHS helped ensure that care was coordinated within the various Military Treatment Facilities and other healthcare networks. The Medical – more... Materiel Standardization Office (MMESO) South office was located within the SAMHS facility, and represented the Southern Tricare Region (one of five Tricare regions). A typical day at work involved discussing with Team Members current and future standardization efforts for medical supplies used within the Tri-Care regions. This position was very enjoyable as it allowed the opportunity to interact with multiple disciplines, such as Medical Logistics, Medical Corps, Nursing Corps, and Legal Counsel. Teleconferencing enabled communication with representatives worldwide. Principles such as supply chain management were used. The most enjoyable part of this job was the Team spirit of our MMESO South Team and that of the SAMHS. – less
Great Management training, Confidence builder, Professionalism, Teamwork oriented
Operations Manager (Former Employee), , MississippiSeptember 19, 2014
Typical day at work varied depending on the workload. Learned how to manage people and operations. The hardest part of my job in the military were the deployments (being away from my family), but also rewarding because of the reason we were in these countries. To protect my family and country.
Career broadening and great environment to learn
Education and Training Manager (Current Employee), Bossier City, LASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: full health and dental expenses
Cons: educational benefits are limited
A typical day includes answering emails and telephone calls to all districts concerning training and policy. Additionally, I review polices and programs to ensure all training requirements are implemented and clear for all employees in each district. I interpret and establish guidance for training and testing processes and procedures.
Great travel, great benefits, great people. I was proud of what i did
Group Program Manager (Former Employee), Andrews AFB, MDSeptember 18, 2014
Pros: great benefits
Cons: no stability to start a family
A typical day for me would be managing all my detailed programs, handling the high volume of customers with face to face interaction as well as phone calls. Accomplishing tasters given directly from the commander (Boss) to be handled with high attention to detail.

I learned how to efficiently handle and manage programs, meeting unrealistic deadlines – more... all the while maintaining all other programs. I also learned how to become an effective leader and co-worker.

My co-workers we the best, most thing we did could not be done with out everyone doing their part and working as a team.

The hardest part of my job is ensuring the customers were always happy as well as making sure the commanders request were filled each day.

The most enjoyable part of my job is the reward of happy customers, recognition from the commander and having that feeling that you matter. – less
A great place to build your future
Security Forces Member (Former Employee), Langley AFB, VASeptember 18, 2014
Pros: healthcare benefits, education benefits, knowledge and skills
Cons: sometimes stressful, long hours
It teaches you the core values of Service Before Self, Integrity, and a Commitment to Excellence. You won't find another job that has this kind of teamwork and fellowship. You'll make friends and connections that will last a lifetime. Its a great way to learn skills that can set you apart from your peers in the civilian world.
Great experience
Base Defense Operating Controller (Former Employee), Seymour Johnson AFB, NCSeptember 17, 2014
I served as a Military Policeman and the experience/knowledge I've gained has made me a strong professional. The U.S. Air Force has an extremely diverse work environment which allows you to learn how to work with people from different backgrounds. In turn, this improves your teamwork skills and allows you to work well in different environments.
Productive and innovative workplace full of valuable mentors.
Personnel Journeyman (Former Employee), Misawa Air Base, JapanSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: free traveling, extended list of benefits
A customer service based job that taught me professional social interaction and multitasking skills.
I liked the U.S. Air Force so much, that I made a 34 year career out of it.
Aircraft Mechanic (Former Employee), Grissom Air Reserve Base, INSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: education, people willing to help with career progression, and a positive attitude.
Cons: sometimes travel can place you in areas of the world that are not always completely safe.
In my 34 year career in the U.S. Air Force, it has been the most rewarding career of my life. No complaints or reservations about it. If I had to do it all over again, I would. Highly recommend this career path to anyone.
I learned a lot at this location. I was able to work with many dentists who also taught dentistry which helped me to understand different techniques.
Dental Assistant (Former Employee), Nellis AFB, NVSeptember 17, 2014
I worked with many dentists that performed different forms of dentistry with many years on their job. They taught me many procedures, showed me why and how they need to be done. They helped upgrade my knowledge of the job along with my mandatory upgrade training. I liked this job!
Go Air Force!
Information Manager /Logistics Augmentee (Former Employee), Mountain Home AFB, IDSeptember 17, 2014
Joining the military was the best decision of my life. What a great organization, nothing but amazing experiences and fond memories and a great start to my professional career. So very thankful for everything I learned.
Great Experience for the Right Person
Biomedical Equipment Maintenance Technician (Current Employee), Scott AFB, ILSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: good atmosphere
Cons: not for everyone
I worked in the illinois area for 2 years and I loved it. I learned a lot of management skills as well as technical skills that I will be able to use in the future. It was a very respectful work environment that allowed professional and personal devolopment.
Superintendent, Munitions Systems
Munitions System Specialist (AMMO) (Current Employee), Barksdale AFB, LASeptember 17, 2014
Leads, trains, and equips personnel in munitions production and materiel tasks and activities. Identifies munitions and equipment requirements; operates and maintains automated data processing equipment to perform munitions accounting, computations and research; stores, maintains, assembles, issues and delivers assembled nonnuclear munitions; routinely – more... demilitarizes nonhazardous munitions; operates and maintains munitions material handling equipment; develop and implements munitions materiel management concepts and procedures; complies with explosive, missile and ground safety, security and environmental directives and practices; identifies munitions by filler, color code, marking, or physical characteristics. – less
Job where the end product is the safety of this nation.
Vehicle Maintenance Superintendent (Current Employee), Clovis, NMSeptember 17, 2014
Pros: education, healthcare, travel, training.
Mentor, guide and instruct supervision safety for morale and welfare of 40 military and civilian mechanics. Responsible for management, maintenance, and utilization 591 vehicle fleet. Managed annual budget, allocated funds for the repair of individual vehicles and to accounts for maintenance of tools and equipment as required. Routed and expedite the – more... movement of end items, supplies and materials within production and repair facilities to meet goals. Route and moves parts and other materials into and out of industrial shops/facilities. Locates critical items in shops and arranges with schedulers and supervisors to advance processing and production time frames. Lead flight Environmental and safety programs to ensure compliance with critical programs. Utilizes safety practices and procedures following established safety rules and regulations and maintains a safe and clean work environment. Uses and assures proper fit of any required safety equipment and clothing. – less
Go air force all the way
Security Police (Former Employee), Buckley AFBSeptember 16, 2014
9 years in this service and enjoyed everyday of it. If it wasn't for the force down sizing, would've done all 20.
Room for growth
Cardiopulmonary Technician (Former Employee), Andrews AFB, MDSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: medical benefits, meeting new people, travel
Cons: unmotivated co-workers, family separation
My experience in the United States Air Force taught me that anything worthwhile is worth working hard for. There's plenty of opportunities for growth and advancement as long as you're willing to put in a lot of time and effort. A typical day at work I'd say was sometimes overwhelming but rewarding. I learned to be flexible and use my strengths to my – more... advantage. Sometimes you have to face uncomfortable situations with patience and an open mind. As an individual I can say being in the Air Force helped shape me into a well-rounded person. – less
Fighting for my country
Knowledge Operations Manager (Former Employee), Andrews AFB, MDSeptember 16, 2014
Pros: pay check good!
Cons: bullies
I didnt get a chance to move around but Andrews AFB is not a great first base. Managment and Supervisors are all about making rank and retiring. (self- Air Force). You have to fight for yourself not team work.

1 2 3 4 5

About U.S. Air Force

The mission of the United States Air Force is to fly, fight and win...in air, space and cyberspace. To achieve that mission, the – Read more