U.S. Air Force Employee Reviews

Found 14,342 reviews matching the search
Great working environment
Aeromedical Evacuation Technician (Current Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILAugust 20, 2017
Working for the US Air Force has been a humbling experience. I have learned so much about people, time management, project management and many more. Although I have left the Air Force to further my career in the medical field, it has instilled in me the drive to never give up on getting what I want. To put forth everything to strive for excellence in everything I do. If I had to, i would do it all over again.
Secure job and great benefits
Health Services Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 20, 2017
The military in general is stressful to a lot of people. We have to do our job, plus get tasked for extra duties and keep up on our fitness. The military is 24/7 and can be overwhelming. It is great because the job is secure, good pay, and has great health benefits.
Dental Assistant/Instructor/Instructor Supervisor
United States Air Force (Former Employee) –  Sheppard AFB, TXAugust 20, 2017
The Air Force was my life until i retired from Active Duty after 21 years of service. I was able to learn many skills to use in the civilian work force. Because of those skills i was hired as a civilian secretary.
Pros
New adventure every day
Cons
Stressful if you're ready for it.
Response Force Leader (Former Employee) –  Ellsworth AFB, SDAugust 20, 2017
Be prepared to work and work for someone else who feels he/she doesn't feel they have to work. Asides from that the daily military life is something that you can get used to.
Pros
Cons
a lot
Great place to earn a living and contribute to the defense of our country
Director (Current Employee) –  Hill AFB, UTAugust 20, 2017
Unlimited career opportunities and chances to contribute to the defense of this country. There are career opportunities at government installations worldwide.
Pros
Exciting and fast paced
Cons
Takes a long time to be retirement eligible
Fun, fast-paced
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Joint Base Elmendorf-Richardson, AlaskaAugust 20, 2017
fun workplace, fast paced and at times, challenging. Personnel I worked with were very professional and fun to work with. For as long as I was there (24 years), nice to see new faces and some returning after several years.
Pros
excellent supervisor
Cons
too many upgrades too quickly
Structured, productive educational
Medical Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  United StatesAugust 20, 2017
What I learned from my time in the Air Force was how to prioritize not only in the job but home life also. I was always challenged to excel in my job, and encouraged to further advance in career. The workplace culture is very diverse, fellow soldiers from all corners of the world. The most enjoyable part of the Air Force is the places you get to see and the people you get to meet.
Position Review
Chief Medical Administration (Current Employee) –  Garden City, GAAugust 20, 2017
Not a bad place to work it you can deal with the different cliques. The pay is good - typical military pay and benefits. The job is great - excellent opportunity to interact with multiple organizations, groups and departments.
Usaf little rock afb
AFE Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARAugust 20, 2017
The Air Force at times, could be a little demanding, but well worth it. You had good pay with an opportunity to make more than great pay if you apply yourself.
Strict-Rewarding Work Environment
Avionics Systems Technician (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALAugust 19, 2017
The United States Air Force/United States Military provides a great work environment for anyone. It has great people, great culture, and a perservering reputation. The USAF also provides great opportunity for any career choice with the ability to advance and cross train rather enlisted or officer.

Want to know more about U.S. Air Force?

Ask a question
Senior Human Resources Specialist
Senior Human Resources Specialist (Former Employee) –  Langley AFB, VAAugust 19, 2017
Processed medical and retirement paperwork, handled case study files, processed paperwork for sick and annual leave, counselled management, converse with union representatives regarding personnel issues, Senior Human Resources Representative for over over 1000 employees. .
Pros
paid holidays
Job with great benefits
NCOIC Electrical/Environmental Systems Section (Current Employee) –  Hurlburt Field, FLAugust 19, 2017
Enjoyable job with great benefits Must be willing to deploy at a moments notice. The military is not for everyone but has great benefits such as the GI bill.
Taking Pride
Security Forces (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 19, 2017
No matter what, this is the military. Though I had to be sent home for an injury, I wouldn't change my mind about enlisting. It is still the best decision I ever made and will support anyone who wants to enlist.
Pros
Comradery, support, hard working
Cons
Injuries, some bad superiors
USAF is alright
Computer Applications Developer (Former Employee) –  Keesler AFB, MSAugust 19, 2017
For people coming straight out of highschool looking for a diploma or someone wanting to make a career out of the military, the USAF is a solid choice and tries to keep technology on the forefront of their operations.
Interesting, good experience
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Barksdale AFB, LAAugust 18, 2017
It's definitely not something for anybody. You've really got to understand discipline to do well in this career. Other than that, benefits are great, I highly enjoyed it.
Pros
Tons of benefits
Cons
It kinda sucks
a great job not built off tradition, but off an ever changing world
Vehicle Mechanic (Former Employee) –  East Granby, CTAugust 18, 2017
I absolutely loved being in the military. the food was eh.. and pay was ugh.. but the people I met and will forever be connected to and the skills and discipline I gained made this job the whole package for me. I also received most of my education free. I would have stayed but I never planed on making it a lifetime career.
Pros
the best friends you will ever make on top of the most honorable job you will ever have
Cons
extremely strict and bitter sweet love from management up
People are everything
Electrical and environmental specialist (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVAugust 18, 2017
Good times, with good people
Long hours, with good friends
Good people, that got your back
Working was the most enjoyable part of the day
The hardest part is leadership
Workplace culture is enjoyable
I learned everything I know today
Pros
Discounts, healthcare
Cons
No lunch breaks
privilige to serve your country
Security Policeman (Former Employee) –  McGuire AFB, NJAugust 18, 2017
It was a great learning experience. It was a great preparation to become a civilian police officer. Learn a lot about teamwork in the military and that you are no better than anyone else.
Pros
uniforms provided, health care, housing
Cons
low pay, hard to raise a family
Job Security
Senior Manager, IT Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Langley AFB, VAAugust 18, 2017
Life in the AF is not just a job, it is your family and your life. Your job to to make sure that we can FLY - FIGHT -WIN. Everyone in the AF contributes to this mission, whether they are supporting the people on the flight line or are actually working on the flight line.
Pros
camaraderie, sense of belonging, purpose
Cons
quick-paced, people forget to train the Amn expecting them to know everything from technical school
Fun and educational work experience
Law Enforcement Specialist (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAAugust 18, 2017
Very family like environment in which you are counted on and depended upon to be a part of a team and something special. To count on someone else is as important as them counting on you. However to be away from home over time can add up in the stress column.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Lack of family time

Ask a question about working or interviewing at U.S. Air Force. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5